E1 Release discussion: Nov 25: TTG/Steam PC, PSN NA, Nov 26: XboxOne, 360, Dec 3: PSN EU

Comments

• Funny trailer, Gore... I just loved. I thought telltale won't able to do that but... now I am with a fucking hype!

• The new trailer is more proof that Telltale are so damn good at telling a story. There's been too much emphasis on TWD. Don't get me wrong, I love TWD, but its refreshing to see something different.

• My reaction after seeing the trailer for the first time:

Alt text

• My reaction was that I couldn't stop smiling lol

It looks like a fantastic game.

My reaction after seeing the trailer for the first time:

• Definitely, I think Zer0 thinks so too. ;)

My reaction was that I couldn't stop smiling lol It looks like a fantastic game.

• edited November 2014

i know that some are saying that timer saying pre order sale ends 25/11 might be unreliable but if you go to the upcoming section of steam which organizes games by release date you can see that borderlands is actually placed right next to games that have release dates of the 24th it might mean nothing but it could be something too

Alt text

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

When it was first added to the store there was a release date of November 25th which has since been changed to "November 2014", so either steam accidentally added the release date too early or Telltale are not 100% sure of the release date yet.

Jewfreeus posted: »

i know that some are saying that timer saying pre order sale ends 25/11 might be unreliable but if you go to the upcoming section of steam w

• yea true but i even remember with twd s2 steam had it listed in the upcoming section to release around the end of November and then it didn't end up coming out until mid December so yea i would say it is most likely true but don't get too excited

OzzyUK posted: »

When it was first added to the store there was a release date of November 25th which has since been changed to "November 2014", so either steam accidentally added the release date too early or Telltale are not 100% sure of the release date yet.

• I am very interested to see the interaction between Rhys and Fiona. How do you guys think their interaction is going to play out? Since we are playing both of them.

• That probably depends on how we play them.

I am very interested to see the interaction between Rhys and Fiona. How do you guys think their interaction is going to play out? Since we are playing both of them.

• Now I want the game more than never, dont make me wait to long telltale, OR
    • Alt text
  • Then don't. Its better without people whining all the time. I can wait

Ellias posted: »

preording telltale games... you guys are hilarious.

• Ellias we true fans like to pay for their hard work. But you would never understand this. And btw didnt you want to leave us? xxx scrub! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

preording telltale games... you guys are hilarious.

• Release date not available though. I was hoping for this tuesday :( Oh well, you were right with the end of the November i guess. :P

Green613 posted: »

That trailer was pretty hype, lol.

• Zer0 is adorable. :3

Deadpoolian posted: »

That was such an awesome trailer! Badass and hilarious. Loved Jack's little narration at the beginning and Rhys fanboying over Zero. (source)

• Alt text

Great now you scared them away. We will have to wait longer thanks to you!

JMOREL posted: »

* Now I want the game more than never, dont make me wait to long telltale, OR *

• OH YOU WALKER. YOU CANT GET THEM TO MAKE IT QUICKER!

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Great now you scared them away. We will have to wait longer thanks to you!

• edited November 2014

He is! A little funny movie for ya all. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEFhaop5u2E

Zer0 is adorable.

• I giggled. :3

Alt text

He is! A little funny movie for ya all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEFhaop5u2E

• ElliasEllias Banned
    edited November 2014

Oh trust me I'm thankful I don't understand your thought process. Go back to lurking and dwelling in 4chan :)

Also learn what a scrub is. A person who preorders a game from telltale and is actually proud of it is indeed a scrub.

Logic?? not found.

Ellias we true fans like to pay for their hard work. But you would never understand this. And btw didnt you want to leave us? xxx scrub! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• [removed]

Oh trust me I'm thankful I don't understand your thought process. Go back to lurking and dwelling in 4chan Also learn what a scrub is. A

• Alright Ellias, that's enough. I'm going to ask this discussion ends here.

Oh trust me I'm thankful I don't understand your thought process. Go back to lurking and dwelling in 4chan Also learn what a scrub is. A

• Alt text

ata95 posted: »

OH YOU WALKER. YOU CANT GET THEM TO MAKE IT QUICKER!

• edited November 2014

Polygon just wrote an article based on the trailer if anyone is interested:

Tales from the Borderlands, Telltale's narratively-driven take on the endless weapon shooter from Gearbox, hits Mac and Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and 4 and Xbox 360 and Xbox One "soon." the developer announced today.

It will be coming to Android and iOS-based devices before the end of the year.

The season premiere episode of the five-part series, entitled Zero Sum, will cost $4.99 on all platforms but PC. Mac and Windows versions of the game can only be purchased through a $24.99 season pass. You can get the season pass for episodes one to five upfront for PlayStation consoles for $19.99, saving $4.99 versus buying them individually. The Xbox platforms have the additional option of purchasing a season pass upgrade for $14.99 that entitles you to episodes two to five even after you buy the first episode, still saving you $5 on the cost of the season

• Releasing on the 25th would be stupid. That's thanksgiving week.

It has to be the 18th. Has to be.

• Well said. Sully is an overflowing fountain of wisdom.

In the words of Victor Sullivan: 'I'll be go to hell!' I'm seriously disappointed if it isn't November 18 now

• I love videogamedunkey. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OxmkY0Pkjw

• Same, dink's a legend. ^_^

I love videogamedunkey.

• Yeah 25th would be stupid. I hope Telltale has a "suprise motherfucker" moment and has the episode end up releasing next week. Otherwise, we will probably have to wait till Dec. 2-4 (which means Game of Thrones and Tales would practically be back to back).

TinyCarlos posted: »

Releasing on the 25th would be stupid. That's thanksgiving week. It has to be the 18th. Has to be.

• edited November 2014

3 WEEKS?!?! I hope it is only for GOT. Otherwise, just... Don't!

Alt text

• edited November 2014

Well, I see it as:

Week 1: Tales of the Borderlands gets released.

Week 2: Game of Thrones trailer gets released.

Week 3: Game of Thrones gets released.

Maybe I am just being optimistic. :)

ata95 posted: »

3 WEEKS?!?! I hope it is only for GOT. Otherwise, just... Don't!

• Tales from the Borderlands just confirmed to be releasing before Game of Thrones in a tweet by Job (though I guess we all figured that out by now).

Also, check out this article by Rock Paper Shotgun:

I don’t enjoy Borderlands. I find the core first-person shooting unsatisfying, and I don’t enjoy how its action-RPG side augments that with boring incremental skills and randomised weapons.

I do, however, dig the idea of a weird west planet on the outskirts of known space filled with chancers, treasure-hunters, weirdos, and gangs of murderers. That’s nice, that. And gosh oh golly, I have very much enjoyed watching the new trailer for Telltale’s episodic adventure game series Tales from the Borderlands. It’s got all the griftin’, cheatin’, sneakin’, and rootin’ tootin’ robot shootin’ I would want from a game set in that world. Come see!

Tales from the Borderlands sees a Hyperion company man in a dead-end job teaming up with a grifter and some unwitting stooges to scam a vault key and claim their fortune. They’re not heavily-armed vault hunters, just a couple of schlubs trying to strike it rich. It brings the series down to a far more human level. Yeah, Borderlands has had some decent writing, but that’s been defused by the games ultimately coming down to shooting faces real good. I’m excited that Gearbox’s world might finally reach its potential – in a game made by other people.

Telltale say the first of Tales from the Borderlands’ five episodes will arrive “soon.” Given their historical usage of the word “soon”, that could mean anything from tomorrow to a month from now. A season pass will cost $24.99, which usually converts to £18.99

• When he explained Telltale's soon, I lol'd.

Tales from the Borderlands just confirmed to be releasing before Game of Thrones in a tweet by Job (though I guess we all figured that out b

• Is there pre-order for PS4 aswell? Or do we have to wait untill it's released`?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.