E1 Release discussion: Nov 25: TTG/Steam PC, PSN NA, Nov 26: XboxOne, 360, Dec 3: PSN EU

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited November 2014

They probably just wanted to extend their promotion, steam normally update their store at around 10 AM pacific time and that is the exact time TWD S2 and TWAU released so i don't think there in anything to worry about.

Tupeles posted: »

Hope it's not a bad sign, but 24 hours more has been added to TftBL promotion offer in Steam...

• Ah thx hopefully a fluke

Jennifer posted: »

The thing is, this is something only Microsoft would know as they're the ones who set the release dates on their platforms. It could be a fluke, or it could be Microsoft wanting the release to go on their newest platform first. Only time will tell.

• Are they trying to... OH GOD!!! MAKE US LIKE ANDROID / VITA ?!!!!!

Kenny4ever posted: »

Anybody knows the release date for IOS?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think it's now released, try restarting steam to see in the "install" button shows up.

• Yeah, it's out. 1.7 gigs. Was the Walking Dead Season 2 release this big?

OzzyUK posted: »

I think it's now released, try restarting steam to see in the "install" button shows up.

• Any confirmation that you can download the Mac version from Steam now, or is it just PC like the Telltale store?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited November 2014

I saw on the steam database https://steamdb.info/app/330830/history/ that they removed macos from the os list so the steam release is also delayed.

As moderators are not staff we don't get much information about the delay but we will update the thread when we get news about the mac version.

Any confirmation that you can download the Mac version from Steam now, or is it just PC like the Telltale store?

• Thanks for letting me know - very much appreciated.

OzzyUK posted: »

I saw on the steam database https://steamdb.info/app/330830/history/ that they removed macos from the os list so the steam release is also d

• Nope, it wasn't even a full gig as far as I remember.

IAmHoboKing posted: »

Yeah, it's out. 1.7 gigs. Was the Walking Dead Season 2 release this big?

• I hope not, i'm so excited for this game

Palcto! posted: »

Are they trying to... OH GOD!!! MAKE US LIKE ANDROID / VITA ?!!!!!

• Any reason given as to why the Mac version was delayed?

• Good to know I wasn't the only one - they should definitely change it because it is incredibly misleading. I'm not going to be happy if t

• Xbox 360 - December 3

Well, i'm just gonna have to wait another 8 days. :[

• Agh so mad about the 360 delay. Having it come tomorrow would have been perfect for me because I'd finally be on Thanksgiving break, and I can't handle the suspenseeeeeeeeeee

Glad I'm getting GoT on PC at least :P

• Anyone care to share the names of the other episodes?

• NO MAC YET? oh my poor heart

• I think that the hardcore TTG fans should know by this time that the fastest way to get a new TTG game/episode is to order it from the site on PC?

• Thanks for letting me know - very much appreciated.

• Episode 1: Zer0 Sum
    Episode 2: Atlas Mugged
    Episode 3: Catch a Ride
    Episode 4: Escape Plan Bravo
    Episode 5: The Vault of the Traveler

zeke10 posted: »

Anyone care to share the names of the other episodes?

• There's a chance it will release on Thursday, a lot of ios games release on Thursdays, Telltales included (I think?)

Kenny4ever posted: »

I hope not, i'm so excited for this game

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2014

I know it's not an optimal solution, but if anyone doesn't want to wait for the Mac release (like me!), I'm running the Telltale store Windows version through Wine now on Mac and it works fine.

• xD kinda a stupid question but why have the TFTB avatars not shown up yet?

• How did you get it to run? All I have is 3 seconds of white screen =/

Jennifer posted: »

I know it's not an optimal solution, but if anyone doesn't want to wait for the Mac release (like me!), I'm running the Telltale store Windows version through Wine now on Mac and it works fine.

• Damn I gotta get it. The reviews are too good. I'll just have to hope I get the story. Since i never played Borderlands 2.

• yeah good thinking, i hope you're right

There's a chance it will release on Thursday, a lot of ios games release on Thursdays, Telltales included (I think?)

• You'll miss out on references, but the underlying story really shouldn't be a problem. As far as I remember, the narrated intro does a fair job of getting people up to speed too.

Damn I gotta get it. The reviews are too good. I'll just have to hope I get the story. Since i never played Borderlands 2.

• Yeah, my only introduction to Borderlands before this was Poker Night 2 and a few minutes of Borderlands 2. It's really not required to play Borderlands beforehand, because all of the important backstory is given to you in the intro (and it is very short, as the game is its own story).

Rob_K posted: »

You'll miss out on references, but the underlying story really shouldn't be a problem. As far as I remember, the narrated intro does a fair job of getting people up to speed too.

• edited November 2014

PS4 EU December 3rd? Xbox 360 too?

Alt text

• Same bruh. I am cri :(

• This made me laugh more than it needed to. XD But seriously, I feel your pain.

• Blind can we have episode 2 waiting thread, pls?

• I used Winebottler.

darlingno posted: »

How did you get it to run? All I have is 3 seconds of white screen =/

• Sure, hang on.

Dyeingbrad posted: »

Blind can we have episode 2 waiting thread, pls?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited November 2014

Telltale just tweeted that it's now avaliable for the Xbox 360.

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/537690557066518528

• Still no information about when the Mac version will be released? Extremely disappointed in this although at least they delayed it and not published it full of bugs.

• Still no IOS? :(((((((
    Even GOT has an IOS release date,but not TFTB :((((((((

• Yeah, I mean, it can wait. But at least address the issue on Twitter or something

jameshodge posted: »

Still no information about when the Mac version will be released? Extremely disappointed in this although at least they delayed it and not published it full of bugs.

• Exactly. I've been tweeting @telltalegames, I've written to them on Facebook, I've looked in these forums and I'm checked discussions on Steam. No response or update at all. :(
    And I really thought the delay was just about how the Mac release was just until yesterday rather than Tuesday. Now I wonder if it will be out this week at all... And I'd like to know just what kind of wait I should be prepared for.

darlingno posted: »

Yeah, I mean, it can wait. But at least address the issue on Twitter or something

• Yeah. I've never used Twitter before, and signed up specifically for updates on the mac release. But so far, no updates...

Waiting is fine, but it would be nice to know why the delay. Hopefully this is just a fluke.

Charon-J posted: »

Exactly. I've been tweeting @telltalegames, I've written to them on Facebook, I've looked in these forums and I'm checked discussions on Ste

Sign in to comment in this discussion.