The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited July 2009
    ida_ho wrote: »
    By the way; am i the only one who misses the graphic from MI3?? I thought it was a joy to play that game, compared to all this 3D-junk.

No, you're not the only one and we're sick of hearing it now! Thanks :mad:
  • edited July 2009
    Many people miss 2D animation but that's no reason to diss 3D. It takes a LOT of effort to create any kind of animation, and when done properly any kind of animation can look great. (and when not done properly it can look pretty awful, regardless of whether it is 2D or 3D lol)

Very cool CMI-style Guybrush, MonkeyMania!

And that scene's looking pretty epic, xand3rd, am looking forward to see how it turns out!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm really glad I dont hate the 3D stuff.... I think both have a lot to offer.. Especially now that I think 3D is in a place where it can be just as beautiful as 2D at times.... the Character models have come a long long way since MI4
  • edited July 2009
    Some of this art is amazing... I'm sheepish to put up my work.
  • edited July 2009
    Do it
  • edited July 2009
    I painted color on the Elaine Concept art for fun today...

Full Size
    BIGGER BETTER.. See all my mistakes in mind numbing clearness LOL
    http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs49/f/2009/195/9/e/Elaine_Concept_art_Colored_by_Irishmile.png

Original concept art. From TTG
    http://vip.telltalegames.com/files/monkeyisland/concepts060109/talesofmi_elaine_concept.jpg

Preview (that is also decent sized)
    Elaine_Concept_art_Colored_by_Irishmile.png
  • edited July 2009
    guybrushd.png

I know I can't draw, but I still wanted to try it. Without a scanner and/or Watcom I simply drew a few dots and then use the Warp filter to beat them into shape. It's not pretty, but at least I had fun.
  • edited July 2009
    30rxxdi.png

Absolutely perfect. Now if only someone could make a background to go with it. :D
  • edited July 2009
    BTW, I would be really grateful if somebody could make a nice Firefox Persona for ToMI!
  • edited July 2009
    Mmkay... I know it's not great but it was a one minute sketch... my very first MI fanart...
    mud24i.jpg

and I went into Photoshop and edited it, fixing the beard which for some reason when I originally drew it was pointed and coloring in everything:
    s63hqf.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Absolutely perfect. Now if only someone could make a background to go with it. :D

You mean like...
    tmi.jpg
    ...this?
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    You mean like...
    tmi.jpg
    ...this?

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. It looks almost like a real screenshot. :D

(Some suggestions if you feel like it. Mess with the lighting and contrast a bit, and replace the verb coin with the cursor from TMI.)
  • edited July 2009
    You mean like......this?

That's exactly what I was gona do when I read that :P Thanks for saving me the trouble. Now we just need an EMI version... nah......

And why should he replace the verb icon? :S The whole point was that it was meant to be like CMI, don't you go ruining it now!
  • edited July 2009
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. It looks almost like a real screenshot. :D

(Some suggestions if you feel like it. Mess with the lighting and contrast a bit, and replace the verb coin with the cursor from TMI.)

I fiddled with lighting a bit, and this is the best I could do before I was bored with it, and the verb coin stays. :)

ctmi.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    I fiddled with lighting a bit, and this is the best I could do before I was bored with it, and the verb coin stays. :)

ctmi.jpg

That's perfect. :D

EDIT: Just to clarify I wasn't trying to make you redo the pic my way or anything like that; I just wanted to see how it would look with the atmospheric lighting.
  • edited July 2009
    Monkey Island Trilogy movie posters : (Curse is new) (click on the thumbnails to enlarge)

monkeymovie1locandina.th.jpg monkeymovie2locandina.th.jpg monkeymovie3locandina.th.jpg

This is the all-star cast :
    Guybrush - Ewan McGregor
    LeChuck - Tim Curry
    Elaine Marley - Liv Tyler
    Voodoo Lady - Queen Latifah
    Stan - Jim Carrey
    Herman Toothroot - Christopher Lloyd
    Captain Smirk - Robert De Niro
    Carla - Halle Berry
    Largo LaGrande - Joe Mantegna
    Wally B Feed - Peter MacNicol
    Captain Dread - Marlon Wayans
    Renè Rottingham - Jean Reno
    Minnie Goodsoup - Helena Bonham Carter
    Haggis McMutton - Brendan Gleeson
    Edward Van Helgen - Johnny Depp
    Cutthroat Bill - Martin Klebba
    King Andrè - Samuel L.Jackson

And this is an image with all the posters together :

monkeymovieslocandina.th.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Nice. No... great! I also love your choice of actors. Johnny Depp as Snugglecakes and Jean Reno as Rottingham are perfect!
  • edited July 2009
    Ah... didn't see this thread or the image with the improved lighting. Had to updated the image I posted in the unofficial photo editing contest thread.

tmi_glow.png
    And the original for good measure:
    34pb9xf.png
  • edited July 2009
    monkeyisland5bycirolmo.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    I haven't see this post sorry :)
  • edited July 2009
    Ok..... WOW! Just WOW! I would tell you how great this is, but right now I'm nearly speechless.

Edit: Sorry for what?
  • edited July 2009
    Guybrush doesn't have a mustache.
  • edited July 2009
    Other wip shoots..
    proguys4.jpg
    progyucop.jpg
    Do you like them? :)
  • edited July 2009
    xand3rD wrote: »
    How do you make them? Concerning rendering programs I know how to make something which has the shape of a snowman but not more...
  • edited July 2009
    Well, like I said, models and textures are ripped from the game..
  • edited July 2009
    Do I like them? I want a figurine set just like the second one! (with a sweet stand/background)
  • edited July 2009
    Right, seems i finally have a use for my new Wacom tablet, time to get some Monkey Island art up in here.
  • edited July 2009
    Ever Wonder why people always say Guybrush looks more like a flooring inspector?

gorbushthriftweed.png
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Ever Wonder why people always say Guybrush looks more like a flooring inspector?

gorbushthriftweed.png

Ah! Ah! Ah! WONDERFUL!! :D:D:D
  • edited July 2009
    cirolmo wrote: »
    (AWESOME LOOKING PICTURE)

That is so awesome! You should colour it. :)
  • edited July 2009
    This is going to be a bit big.

Note: I havent; picked up a pen to draw in maybe 10 years. I was bored so I grabbed a ballpoint and jotted this.

wanted to have a little fun with something.

scan0001.jpg

I wanted to play with the telltale Logo, so I turned it into the See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil Monkeys, not sure that comes over. Still it passed the time and is in no way as good as the other stuff in this thread. Flame away.
  • edited July 2009
    Haha, nice one! Love the monkey transformation with the Telltale logo too - great idea!

And whoa. Just whoa. Every time I visit this thread more amazing artwork has been uploaded.
  • edited July 2009
    Was bored at work and doodled this:
    guybrush.png
    Complete with sloppy 5 minute colour job.
  • edited July 2009
    Derwin wrote: »
    Do I like them? I want a figurine set just like the second one! (with a sweet stand/background)

Entirely possible:
    http://www.shapeways.com/

(no, I'm not affiliated)
  • edited July 2009
    Not sure if this belongs here or fan art, but this is an image that has been stuck in my head since playing CoMI for the first time. I'd been playing with it but never go tit just right, so this is a work in progress.

goldmonkey.jpg
  • edited July 2009

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    That is one fancy Lechuck!! Very well done!!

I'm drawing my version of Guybrush and the gang as we speak.
    To be continued....
  • edited July 2009
    This Elaine is sort of equal parts Tales and MI Special edition... I painted her because I couldn't sleep. Hope you all like her.

Elaine_Melee_by_Irishmile.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2009
    xand3rD wrote: »
    Other wip shoots..

Indeed, I do!

Would it be possible to pose the MI 2 Purcell Box Art with the models of Guybrush, LeChuck and the Ship? That would be neat. ;)
  • edited July 2009

LeChuck at his best. Very nicely done. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.