The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Junaid wrote: »
    Any artists in here? I'm curious if we'll see some new ecxiting work. And I of course hope dat some old favorites like Ado will come back to make some more masterpieces :)
    I can't speak for the others, but I'll be making DVD artwork at some point. My Blade Runner DVD artwork (is it online? let's find out... nope it's not... I'll upload it now to scummgames.net ... done. Blade Runner DVD Art) I made after not watching the movie for years and before the "Final Cut" release. I still think they're both a thousand times better than the "official" DVD artwork.
  • edited July 2009
    my claim to fame, I had stuff on the main page of starwars.com... they used some of my submitted photoshop stuff to advertise some of their sites features... Other than that I have only done CD covers and tshirt art for bands and a record label that no one has heard of, banners for websites, and print ads when I can get the work.
  • edited July 2009
    Thank you all for comments and it is great pleasure and joy to "see" old faces as Junaid and Haggis again.

As all of you I'm very excited about the release of ToMI tomorrow and I just had to draw another piece...and surprise, it is Melee island again, a different view at the Scumm Bar and its surrounding...

Melee.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    @Adoc

Wow, that's beautiful!!
  • edited July 2009
    the background is pretty impressive! :D I have to make one now too. haha
  • edited July 2009
    AdoC wrote: »
    Thank you all for comments and it is great pleasure and joy to "see" old faces as Junaid and Haggis again.

As all of you I'm very excited about the release of ToMI tomorrow and I just had to draw another piece...and surprise, it is Melee island again, a different view at the Scumm Bar and its surrounding...
    *PIC*

OH MY, do you have a larger version? I think I've found my new desktop background :o
  • edited July 2009
    Awe man.... If I could form a fetish over art this might have done it great job AdoC.... lets trade painting skills mmmkay?
  • edited July 2009
    Ado, you're incrdible... not only is your artwork top-notch, you're also freakishly fast!
  • edited July 2009
    Wow, there are some nice gfx inside here.

I especially love Jayel's painting, wonderful stroke and colours. Do you have anything else to show?
  • edited July 2009
    allright so i've been sketching a bit, and this is what came out. did a few sketches first to grasp how he looks like now though. a bit different from the 3rd game ^^

anyways, take a look

http://shikaruoc.deviantart.com/art/Guybrush-Threepwood-128557021

Guybrush_Threepwood_by_ShikaruOC.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Its nice to see he kept up the banjo practice after his duel with Van Helgen.

Faved on Deviantart :)
  • I will be working on some sketches tomorrow. I do a stark back and white style so I'm hoping it turns out well.
  • edited July 2009
    This thread is so awesome. :D Great job everyone.
  • edited July 2009
    *sigh ... * Looks like I bit off more than I could chew -- I won't have a complete "countdown" piece for today. :( I'll post part of what I have however, which I hope to finish for good by the end of this week. For now, with my apologies, I present ...

One: The Preview Edition™!

mi-countdown-1_preview.png

If the mood strikes, feel free to add your own crazy dialogue/plot ideas in the meantime! :p
  • edited July 2009
    I made an imaginary "Secret of Monkey Island" movie-poster. I'm not a drawer, so it's a collage of photos and pictures made with Photoshop :

14pw5d.jpg

Casting :
    Guybrush Threepwood - Ewan McGregor (is an extremely versatile actor, and is perfect for a ingenuous hero in "Tim Burton's Big Fish"-style. And when he interprets Obi-Wan with the beard, is the perfect Monkey2 Guybrush. Lots of people proposed other commedian actors, but I prefer Guybrush as an ingenuous, simple, ironic hero. Not as a stupid to be taken around.)
    LeChuck - Tim Curry (has an unparalled evil look)
    Elaine - Liv Tyler (courageous and romantic lady. And very similar to the first Elaine drawn by Steve Purcell)
    Voodoo Lady - Queen Latifah
    Stan - Jim Carrey
    Herman Toothroot - Christopher Lloyd
    Captain Smirk - Robert De Niro (maybe is a too little character for De Niro, but when I think to Smirk, I imagine exactly a sarcastic rough De Niro making fun of Guybrush)
    Carla - Halle Berry

Coming Soon the LeChuck's Revenge poster
  • edited July 2009
    Woooooooooow!!! Awesome! Yay, new wallpaper for me! :D:D
    Sweet touch with Jim Carrey as Stan and Christopher Lloyd as Herman!
  • edited July 2009
    Awesome!
  • edited July 2009

Casting :
    Guybrush Threepwood - Ewan McGregor (is an extremely versatile actor, and is perfect for a ingenuous hero in "Tim Burton's Big Fish"-style. And when he interprets Obi-Wan with the beard, is the perfect Monkey2 Guybrush. Lots of people proposed other commedian actors, but I prefer Guybrush as an ingenuous, simple, ironic hero. Not as a stupid to be taken around.)
    LeChuck - Tim Curry (has an unparalled evil look)
    Elaine - Liv Tyler (courageous and romantic lady. And very similar to the first Elaine drawn by Steve Purcell)
    Voodoo Lady - Queen Latifah
    Stan - Jim Carrey
    Herman Toothroot - Christopher Lloyd
    Captain Smirk - Robert De Niro (maybe is a too little character for De Niro, but when I think to Smirk, I imagine exactly a sarcastic rough De Niro making fun of Guybrush)
    Carla - Halle Berry

Coming Soon the LeChuck's Revenge poster

and Otis?
  • edited July 2009
    Well, obviously I could'nt put ANY Somi character into the poster, so...:D you imagine the actors for Otis, Meathook, Melee Shopkeeper, Melee Sentinel, etc...:D
  • edited July 2009
    Hey everybody, thought i'd have a go at doing my own take on our favourite mighty pirate. :D

Picture015.jpg

so nobody think the guy from scrubs would make a good guybrush? :D
  • edited July 2009
    ^ is that John Travolta?
  • edited July 2009
    I think Bruce Willis would be better as Captain Smirk and I can actually imagine him saying the lines better.

"It's a little chilly out here."

"You're right. I could catch a cold."

And Bruce Willis has played small roles before, it's often more of a cameo. He wouldn't be advertised as being in the film and everyone would be like, oh I wonder one who's about to open the door. (goes with the whole Guybrush being polite and Smirk coming out replying "what do you want, you wimpy little spineless maggot?")

While fans, will react with "well, who else could it have been?" simple movie goers will react with "Guybrush just knocked on the wrong asshole's door"
  • edited July 2009
    heres some fan art I did a while back, never posted it anywhere before though.

House1-15-x.jpg

was planning on doing the whole island in 3d but you know how it goes, you never have time :P
    full2.gif
  • edited July 2009
    That actually looks a bit like Tales :O well done!
  • edited July 2009
    Here we go with the LeChuck's Revenge movie poster :

wu2bs9.jpg

Here we allways have Tim Curry as LeChuck, Ewan McGregor as Guybrush, and Liv Tyler as Elaine. New entries : Joe Mantegna as Largo LaGrande, Peter MacNicol as Wally, and Marlon Wayans as Captain Dread
  • edited July 2009
    Well, I've finally broke down and made some of my own (My first, probably last piece of fan art):

guybrush.jpg

Also I didn't see somebody else did the same idea but better earlier in the thread, but whatever :(
  • edited July 2009
    So when I finished Chapter I, I immediately had the urge to start making fan art again...

I made these (very) quick sketches in Sketchbook pro but I'm planning to make a poster of chapter I

quicksketch.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Junaid wrote: »
    So when I finished Chapter I, I immediately had the urge to start making fan art again...

I made these (very) quick sketches in Sketchbook pro but I'm planning to make a poster of chapter I

quicksketch.jpg

This is brilliant!!
  • edited July 2009
    looking good!
  • edited July 2009
    he he - thanks junaid there is one of my old ones in there
    I have been out an refreshed my pencil collection today and am ready to get re-inspired
  • edited July 2009
    haha lechuck looks brilliant! cant wait for the final one :D
  • edited July 2009
    guybrushcharacterposter.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Well, I built a small MI-Diorama out of paper and put it in a wooden box with a glass screen for a friend this christmas:
    qywjsj.jpg
    And yes, the fire flickers, because I used a small electric tea light. :)
    1jlwzp.jpg
    Guybrush with the removable Santa hat.
  • edited July 2009
    JensK wrote: »
    Well, I built a small MI-Diorama out of paper and put it in a wooden box with a glass screen for a friend this christmas:
    qywjsj.jpg
    1jlwzp.jpg

win
  • edited July 2009
    qywjsj.jpg
    1jlwzp.jpg

Great friend or greatest friend? You rock...will you be my friend?
  • edited July 2009
    creative!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    guybrushcharacterposter.jpg

That needs to be a figurine so I can buy it RIGHT NOW.
  • edited July 2009
    It would make a cool figurine
  • edited July 2009
    The diorama is awesome!!! Love it.
  • edited July 2009
    *ker*
    *snip*
    That's the second bestest diorama I've ever seen! :D

np: Tim Exile - Fortress (Listening Tree)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.