The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Simply amazing.

I love the palette they used for the original Melée Island.
  • edited July 2009
    AdoC wrote: »
    Here is another one done quickly at work yesterday. This scene for me was one of the most memorable in MI and I just loved the music playing in the background (on my Amiga)

Reminds me of Bill Tiller's own version of this scene:

mi26.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    lechucksarmycopy.th.png

Done. Got a little hasty at the end. Not sure how I feel about the clouds(TM)

And for the sake of it, it's jfen005's picture, and most of the credit should really be directed to him! I just did the coloring. (The moon is stolen from Irishmile)
  • edited July 2009
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    And for the sake of it, it's jfen005's picture, and all the credit should be directed to him!

As good as your intentions were, you shouldn't really edit something and then say that the credit goes to them. I mean what if people dislike your colouring? It's just not the done thing, if you know what I mean :P Good work though but Wally looks a little tanned...
  • edited July 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »
    Reminds me of Bill Tiller's own version of this scene:

mi26.jpg

see? this how MI1:SE should have looked like :cool:
  • edited July 2009
    As good as your intentions were, you shouldn't really edit something and then say that the credit goes to them. I mean what if people dislike your colouring? It's just not the done thing, if you know what I mean :P Good work though but Wally looks a little tanned...

True, but I didn't want people, who don't read all posts, to think it was made all by me either.

Whatever, changed it to "most of the credit"...
  • edited July 2009
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    I changed that to "most of the credit"... Your right, that sound more accurate.

Change it to "I just did the colouring so most of the credit..." and it's perfect :)
  • edited July 2009
    tomielain-large.png
  • edited July 2009
    tomielain-large.png

That's sexy... who is it? :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2009
    @Ado:

I just love your stuff... you've done a similar Mêlée-painting back then, and this one reminds me of it... very cool!
  • edited July 2009
    YOU DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY HAVE PERMISSION TO POST THIS ON YOUR SITE! ALWAYS ASK FIRST!

I updated my TMI Guybrush :cool:

guy2u.gif

YOU DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY HAVE PERMISSION TO POST THIS ON YOUR SITE! ALWAYS ASK FIRST!
  • edited July 2009
    That's sexy... who is it? :rolleyes:

Erm... it's supposed to be Elaine as she's dressed in Tales...
  • edited July 2009
    Erm... it's supposed to be Elaine as she's dressed in Tales...

Lol, I was joking dude. My only gripes are that she has no mouth and her eyes don't really suit her figure, oh and she seems to be mostly red. But OTHER than that XD It's lovely :P
  • edited July 2009
    Blast, missed the deadline! I should still have the one for today posted later, however ... after I've snagged some sleep. :o

Thanks for the kind comments, guys! I'm glad these are being enjoyed.

And now onto ...

Four!

mi-countdown-4.png

In addendum, Stan wants everyone to know that rumors of him recently acquiring a firearm -- a historically-accurate flintlock pistol, to be precise -- to hide behind his back to guard against business deals "gone wrong" are false and completely unfounded. Yuuuup.

Also, he's wearing Sam's tie for some reason.

Also also, it's best not to trouble yourself with how that mast is being supported from behind. I know I don't. Sort of.
    Here is another one done quickly at work yesterday. This scene for me was one of the most memorable in MI and I just loved the music playing in the background (on my Amiga)

Again, hope you guys will like it...

[Insert gorgeous picture here]

Oh wow ... that's incredible. The lighting! The colors! The buildings/architecture! *gushes* I don't think I could ever work that fast, especially since I have an aversion to drawing backgrounds. ^^; Wonderful work, Ado!
  • edited July 2009

Again, hope you guys will like it...

*insert gorgeous picture here*
    Oh my oh my... Ado, you drawing Monkey Island fan art again has to be one of the best consequences of MI coming back from the dead. Even if the games would suck (which of course they won't), your art alone would have made it worthwile.

Edit:
    [Insert gorgeous picture here]

:O I wrote the exact same thing without looking at what you wrote!
  • edited July 2009
    Yay countdown pic! Love it as always :D

And now, time for some SERIOUS ART.
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1695
  • edited July 2009
    Scrawffler wrote: »
    Yay countdown pic! Love it as always :D

Well if that ain't just the cutest thing I ever did saw :3
  • edited July 2009
    did a tiny bit of sketching today..

my humble contribution...

2009_july5.jpg
  • edited July 2009

2009_july5.jpg

hahah i like that
  • edited July 2009
    Haggis wrote: »
    :O I wrote the exact same thing without looking at what you wrote!

*chuckles* Huzzah for happy coincidences!
    Scrawffler wrote: »

THE PERFECT DRAMATIC COUNTERPOINT TO ALL THE KOMEDY.

Seriously though, that's pretty much the most adorable thing I've seen all week. <3

2009_july5.jpg

I almost want to know what Guybrush's reaction is related to, but it's probably best left to our dubious imaginations. ;P Cool sketch!

--

Down to the wire now ...

Three!

mi-countdown-3.png

Yay for the hideously-yet-conveniently-deformed banana! I'll probably redo this guy's eyes at some point, though. They're kind of freaking me out as they are now, all staring and vaguely soulless an' all. >_>
  • edited July 2009
    you could have made it a banana peel with the center of the 3 being the top part of the banana
  • edited July 2009
    3639282909_4ab862d326.jpg
    These are my fanart pieces. They're made from fused beads or perler beads and created from the Monkey Island 2 in game sprites.

3451251623_2354256b6c.jpg
    Here's another Guybrush Threepwood

3451268441_3d69c55b4e.jpg
    And here's LeChuck, the zombie pirate.

I'm making one more Guybrush and LeChuck piece right now too.

I've also made Sam & Max, Purple Tentacle and Ben from Full Throttle.
  • edited July 2009
    mi3d.jpg
    Made with 3dsmax and Photoshop

Edit: And here's the thing without the paint-filter:
    mi3dorg.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    @Laserschwert - Pretty nice. It reminds me a lot of the Monkey Island 2 title screen. Honestly it looks like it could be a screenshot. :D
  • edited July 2009
    It looks better WITHOUT the filter
  • edited July 2009
    i like it with the paint filter
  • edited July 2009
    Hey everybody, thought i'd have a go at doing my own take on our favourite mighty pirate. :D

Picture015.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Zach Braff as Guybrush!
  • edited July 2009
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Zach Braff as Guybrush!

I do think that he could pull off a good curse of monkey island guybrush. :D
  • edited July 2009
    mi3d.jpg
    Made with 3dsmax and Photoshop

Edit: And here's the thing without the paint-filter:
    mi3dorg.jpg

That does look like it could be a Steve purcell Art for the new DVD slipcase
  • edited July 2009
    3451268441_3d69c55b4e.jpg
    My fanart is made from fused plastic beads. All the pieces are made from the original Monkey Island 2 sprites. This is Zombie pirate LeChuck.

3639282909_4ab862d326.jpg
    Guybrush #1

3451251623_2354256b6c.jpg
    Guybrush #2
  • edited July 2009
    Also I have some other Lucasarts pieces - Sam & Max, Purple Tentacle from Day of the Tentacle, and Ben from Full Throttle.
  • edited July 2009
    I have seen those many times while searching MI in google image search... great stuff
  • edited July 2009
    One more to go after this!

Two!

mi-countdown-2.png
  • edited July 2009
    Whoa, creativity abounds! Those bead sculptures work so well with the pixelly characters.

I think I may be developing an unhealthy addiction to this thread...
  • edited July 2009
    One more to go after this!

Two!

mi-countdown-2.png

I love it, you totally captured the mysterious voodoo atmosphere of whenever we meet her.
  • edited July 2009
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Zach Braff as Guybrush!

51831617.rofl.gif
  • edited July 2009
    man, there is a lot of awesome stuff in this thread! :D all I have to show for is something I drew way back in 2006 :P

if the img tagg doesnt work: http://shikaruoc.deviantart.com/art/Monkey-Island-coloured-version-40641408
    Monkey_Island_coloured_version_by_ShikaruOC.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    This thread is simultaneously causing me to want to try drawing some Monkey Island characters, and giving up because I'll never be able to draw anything close to the awesome pictures in this thread.
    So keep it up, so that I don't try anyway and embarrass myself :p
  • edited July 2009
    Didero wrote: »
    This thread is simultaneously causing me to want to try drawing some Monkey Island characters, and giving up because I'll never be able to draw anything close to the awesome pictures in this thread.
    So keep it up, so that I don't try anyway and embarrass myself :p

Same with me.:p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.