The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I agree with Silverwolf, that’s amazing, Irishmile!

Here are some more Guybrushs:
    tales_guybrushs2.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Hee-hee-hee! Funny! :D Nice one, Majus!
  • edited July 2009
    Majus wrote: »
    I agree with Silverwolf, that’s amazing, Irishmile!

Here are some more Guybrushs:
    tales_guybrushs2.jpg

Dodododoes that mean that...*smacks himself*...erm, Great art :D
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah I love all the new fan stuff showing up all over the net because of all this MI excitement.
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Guybrush from Monkey Island2 in the Special edition style

Guybrush_Monkey_Island_2_by_Irishmile.png

WOW that is outstanding,when i first saw your Avatar i thought,is that really the new art for Monkey Island 2, but fantastic peice of art

and everyones ive seen on here, its great to see the love of Monkey Island
  • edited July 2009
    New and improved? I did another one closer to the MI2 sprite
  • edited July 2009
    Majus wrote: »
    Very sad… but awesome picture! Nicely detailed and colored!

Thanks.^^ Your Guybrushs are looking great so far, BTW! Can't wait to see the complete Flash movie.

Oh boy ... hmm. I think I prefer the newer sprite a tad more. Although I'd like to see something that uses different parts from both versions -- something in-between the two. Otherwise, I really like both of them.

And now down to six days! Which leads me to ...

Six!

mi-countdown-6.png

Max: Sam, your hilt is obscuring my vision.

Sam: Only partially, little pal. Besides, I'm counting on you to help me swash some buckles, or whatever other damn-silly pirate terminology I can thoroughly mangle in an attempt to sound more relevant to our present situation.

Max: Yeah, yeah, I'm behind you -- but only if you promise to never wear that ridiculous ensemble again. Ever.

Sam: Sure! You give me that hat and we've got a deal.

Max: Not a chance, Fancy Pants.

Sam: [frowns] ... I'm more of a Spade than a LeChuck, anyway.

Max: Funny, I thought you were more of a "winter."

Sam: [laughs] You bust me up, little pal!

--

... With all due apologies to Steve Purcell. Eheh. ^^;

Inspired by the piece found in this Spudvision post, of course.
  • edited July 2009
    YOU DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY HAVE PERMISSION TO POST THIS ON YOUR SITE! ALWAYS ASK FIRST!

Guybrush from Tales of Monkey Island in the classic style

guy2.gif

;)

Edit: Updated!

YOU DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY HAVE PERMISSION TO POST THIS ON YOUR SITE! ALWAYS ASK FIRST!
  • edited July 2009
    I can’t stop drawing, it’s a curse by TellTale!

Made some pencil-drawings this morning. I’m afraid of final drawing with a pen, everytime I do that the picture doesn’t look as good as the pre-concept-pencil one. Need more practise with pens, I think.

tales_guybrush_pencil1.jpg
    tales_guybrush_pencil2.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »

How do you DO that? Do you actually place dot-by-dot on the image, or you draw him in a bigger version and then you "shrink" the image to dot-size?
  • edited July 2009
    How do you DO that? Do you actually place dot-by-dot on the image, or you draw him in a bigger version and then you "shrink" the image to dot-size?

Dot-by-dot, wait... you mean there's an easier way?! o_O
  • edited July 2009
    Dot-by-dot, wait... you mean there's an easier way?! o_O

Heh, no, I don't know any easier way... It's just that, I can't really imagine how can you choose the colors and the right dot in the right place. They're DOTS! How can you have a general image in you head, that you can transpose into dots?
  • edited July 2009
    Heh, no, I don't know any easier way... It's just that, I can't really imagine how can you choose the colors and the right dot in the right place. They're DOTS! How can you have a general image in you head, that you can transpose into dots?

Well I didn't start off from scratch, I used parts of the SMI and MI2 sprites. And to get the colours I just used the colour grabber thing on the Tales concept art :) It looked a little faded so I then just messed with the brightness a bit. It's not actually as hard as all that!
  • edited July 2009
    Well, anyway, good job! It's really cool! :)
  • edited July 2009

TMIGuybrus.gif

;)

Edit: Updated!

love it!
  • edited July 2009

Those two are probably your best drawings yet. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Here is the MI3 style moon if anyone wants it.

Feel free to cut it, crop it, use it, print it out to spit on it..... or drop it in some fanart...

tillermoon.png
  • edited July 2009
    Mmmmh... cheese...

Shouldn't this be posted in the "Wallace & Gromit"-subforum?
  • edited July 2009
    LOL possibly
  • edited July 2009
    Guybrush from Monkey Island2 in the Special edition style

Wow, that looks awesome. Good job.
  • edited July 2009
    I actually like the old one better.
  • edited July 2009
    I am NOT an animator so don't judge it too harsh.

Guybrush_MI2_Animated_by_Irishmile.gif
  • edited July 2009

It's great, but when his arms spread in opposite directions, the coat becomes way too wide in back, giving the appearance of a hunched back or something. It should remain relatively the same width as it's a side view and his back wouldn't turn really at all toward the player in the frames, especially if you are mimicking the original game. Otherwise it's GREAT.
  • edited July 2009
    :/ its supposed to be sort of rotating..
  • edited July 2009
    :/ its supposed to be sort of rotating..

Try to reduce the arch in the back then abit, and it should be better; though others may disagree with me. :)
  • edited July 2009
    I see what you are talking about... Because of laziness I will leave it alone and try to make a weak argument about how the original sprite was sort of hunched too and that if I fix it kittens will die....... You wouldn't want kittens to die would you?

Anyone have the original sprites walk cycle? I want to see it.
  • edited July 2009
    Under the wire this time ...

Five!

mi-countdown-5.png

Meathook got a baaaaaad deal on that one. He doesn't seem to care much for the artist's attempt at perspective, either. >_>;
  • edited July 2009
    Under the wire this time ...

Five!

mi-countdown-5.png

Meathook got a baaaaaad deal on that one. He doesn't seem to care much for the artist's attempt at perspective, either. >_>;

Haha! Your countdown art's great!! :D
  • edited July 2009
    Here are two, the first is my own and the second an amazing animation. It's monkey island one on fastforward with german accents. Love it.

http://narrated.deviantart.com/art/The-prod-of-Monkey-Island-94666138

http://majusarts.deviantart.com/art/Monkey-Island-Flash-Movie-62672674

"Now let's find out who this ghost zombie pirate REALLY is."
  • edited July 2009

There's a little error in the walk... when the left leg moves forward, the left arm should move backwards. It's always opposite to each other.
  • edited July 2009
    Hey Jfen005, I though your piece looked awesome. So I started doing some coloring. (features Irishmile's cool-looking moon :p)
    tumb.tif

Whatcha think?
  • edited July 2009
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    Hey Jfen005, I though your piece looked awesome. So I started doing some coloring. (features Irishmile's cool-looking moon :p)
    tumb.tif

Whatcha think?

Snygg bild/Nice picture! Är det där största storleken? :)
  • edited July 2009
    Nah, but I'll finish it before I post the larger one. :p

Edit: Oh, and it's really 005's piece. I'm just playing around with it.
  • edited July 2009
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    tumb.tif

Whatcha think?

Hey man! Really amazed as how it's coming so far!

I'm looking forward to see the finished version of it with all cool effects and such!

:D

P.S. Sheepbrush, could you tell what you meant by "Snygg bild/Nice picture! Är det där största storleken?" as I don't understand Swedish?
  • edited July 2009
    Oh yeah! The color really adds to it! That's looking fantastic!
  • edited July 2009
    Amazing artwork, you guys! Earlier today I spent around an hour just browsing this thread. Fantastic stuff!

Well, here's my first contribution to the Monkey Island fanart collection:
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1689
    It's about a year old now, and it's not very creative (heavily referenced from a screenshot) but it was fun!

I have more somewhere, but this is the only pic I have scanned at this moment in time. Will be back soon with more pics - and am looking forward to seeing more fanart of awesomeness by everyone else!

(BTW, love the countdown pics, light_rises!)
  • edited July 2009
    jfen005 wrote: »
    P.S. Sheepbrush, could you tell what you meant by "Snygg bild/Nice picture! Är det där största storleken?" as I don't understand Swedish?

Sure thing. Snygg bild means Nice picture and Är det där största storleken? means Is that the biggest version of the picture? :) And I gotta say, your drawing was epic.
  • edited July 2009
    Here is another one done quickly at work yesterday. This scene for me was one of the most memorable in MI and I just loved the music playing in the background (on my Amiga)

Again, hope you guys will like it...

7-2-2009copy.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Whoa, awesome! I love the wacky perspective, it reminds me of the backgrounds in some of the LucasArts games that followed the first 2 MI games, like DOTT or Sam & Max. Great work with all the detail too!
  • edited July 2009
    Wow you continue to amaze me Ado!
    Love the colors and the angle. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.