The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited June 2009
    LOL I suppose.. Purely unintentional
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush_small.jpg

"How appropriate, you fight like a...OW!"

I've been dying to do some fanart, especially after seeing Ryan's designs and sketches! I changed Guybrush a little bit so I wouldn't feel like I was flat out copying Ryan, kind of wanted to give him my own spin.

No idea why he's fighting an effeminate pirate...he was supposed to be a generic bad guy and after I drew his pose I thought it'd be way funnier to give him a flamboyant personality.

Mandatory Murray cameo of course, since after Guybrush he's my favorite Monkey Island character :)

Here's a bigger version if you are interested:
    http://fdiskart.deviantart.com/art/You-fight-like-a-OW-125856041

BTW feel free to post your own captions for the image! Sword Fighting Insults are highly encouraged :D
  • edited June 2009
    I like it a lot... BTW the pirate reminds me of Elvis... Added it to my faves on DA.
  • edited June 2009
    The pirate doesn't look effeminite to me, just Spanish/Portuguese/Latino :)

They're very expressive people :p
  • edited June 2009
    i reckon it looks awesome, fdisk
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks Irishmile

Gryffalio: He has a pink bow and a pink butterfly on his sword! Plus the engraving on it is daisies and he has a French manicure he's fighting fervently to protect lol
  • edited June 2009
    fdisk wrote: »
    Thanks Irishmile

Gryffalio: He has a pink bow and a pink butterfly on his sword! Plus the engraving on it is daisies and he has a French manicure he's fighting fervently to protect lol

lol.
    I noticed the pink bow after i'd written that, but didn't notice any of the rest :p
  • edited June 2009
    perhaps he is the original owner of The Dainty Lady... the infamous pink ship.
  • edited June 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »

It'd actually be great if we stumbled across this explanation of the Dainty Lady in the future :p
  • edited June 2009
    it would be funny to find out in its day it was the most feared ship on the water
  • edited June 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »

I love it! I think I will make him that! haha
  • edited June 2009
    I figured I would share some really old MI art of mine for you guys here, too

This one I call GUYBRUSH THE MANLY. I wanted to do a manly, heroic version of him about 10 years ago and this is what I came up with

4034a3606ce09552.jpg

This one I did about oh 7 years ago? Thinking that Guybrush had learned some tricks from his time with Rum Rogers
    4034a3606bd2ddea.jpg

As you can tell, I'm all about the blue coat :P

And another one one from about 7 years ago, about if Guybrush had changed his look

4034a36094579c63.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Awe-and-then-some, dude... :eek:
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks everyone who commented on my Monkey 1 comic. I appreciate it!
    I will continue it at some point in the near future :)
    Here's my try at the Telltale Guybrush:
    guybrush.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Paco Vink wrote: »
    guybrush.jpg

Brilliant.
  • edited June 2009
    Paco Vink wrote: »
    You just made my day :D
    guybrush.jpg

I love it. Not sure about the stubble, but the patched coat is very Guybrushy :)
    Duate wrote: »
    This one I did about oh 7 years ago? Thinking that Guybrush had learned some tricks from his time with Rum Rogers
    4034a3606bd2ddea.jpg
    I think you got the Scumm Bar (if indeed it is the SB) perfect. I love that Guybrush is learning a little as he grows up :)
  • edited June 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »

I think you got the Scumm Bar (if indeed it is the SB) perfect. I love that Guybrush is learning a little as he grows up :)
    yep i was indeed going for scumm bar :)
  • edited June 2009
    Nice one, Paco Vink :)
  • edited June 2009
    You just made my day :D

I love it. Not sure about the stubble, but the patched coat is very Guybrushy :)

The stubbles rock! Glad to see they're back. Either way, I believe Paco was going for the look in TMI where the stubble is back :)
  • edited June 2009
    If you want to see a silly kid's pathetic try at a MI Comic, back in 2002, take a look here. I can't believe Dalixam still kept it all these years. Thanks dude! Brought back wonderful memories. Ummm, by the way, my drawing style improved a lot since then :p ...A LOT! ...just wanted to make that clear for everybody.

http://www.worldofmi.com/features/fan/comics/index.php?comic=2
  • edited June 2009
    If you want to see a silly kid's pathetic try at a MI Comic, back in 2002, take a look here. I can't believe Dalixam still kept it all these years. Thanks dude! Brought back wonderful memories. Ummm, by the way, my drawing style improved a lot since then :p ...A LOT! ...just wanted to make that clear for everybody.

That's a really cute comic actually. I lol'ed at the ending.

Do you mind me asking how old you were back then? :)
  • edited June 2009

Actually, I enjoyed reading it. Would be great if you continued making comics. :)
  • edited June 2009
    That's a really cute comic actually. I lol'ed at the ending.

Do you mind me asking how old you were back then? :)

Lemme think... I was 13 years old! I had a second comic published on WoMI, but due to a major hack (or a huge technical problem, not sure) it was lost. It was a parody of Last Crusade featuring Guybrush as Indy and Stan as his dad.
    Sheepbrush wrote: »
    Actually, I enjoyed reading it. Would be great if you continued making comics. :)

Thank you! I shall think about it. Currently I'm more into movie-making, but I'll probably give it another shot. After all, we have to celebrate ToMI in every possible way, right? ;)

Thanks for the kind comments. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Someday I'll make a real cool fanart.

Until then, there's this:

csibrush.gif
  • edited June 2009
    ^ you win :D
  • edited June 2009
    Majus wrote: »

I love that flash! It's been forever since I watched it! :D

I made a Murray the other day:
    im4381.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    I love that flash! It's been forever since I watched it! :D

I made a Murray the other day:
    im4381.jpg

:eek:
  • edited June 2009
    gheheh not bad :p
  • edited June 2009
    Me....want.....Murray!
  • edited June 2009
    It's so great to see that Monkey Island is back!
    The journey is going on... :)

(A rough painting of mine)

Monkey_Ride_by_CNZ19.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    [ST]Chris wrote: »
    It's so great to see that Monkey Island is back!
    The journey is going on... :)

(A rough painting of mine)

Monkey_Ride_by_CNZ19.jpg

Disturbing but incredible.
  • edited June 2009
    CMI_Captains_cabin_by_Argial.jpg

I made this for a uni project. The project was to make a room in 3d so I made this captains cabin using the Curse of Monkey Island art style. I love the Bill Tiller clouds :D. Came out pretty good I think.
  • edited June 2009
    Wow!
    You know, it always striked me in a weird way: If all the Monkey Island fans would team up, we could make a superbe MI fangame! I'd compose the music for it :p
  • edited June 2009
    I like how the fan art is so broad. keep it up.
  • edited June 2009
    Wow!
    You know, it always striked me in a weird way: If all the Monkey Island fans would team up, we could make a superbe MI fangame! I'd compose the music for it :p

I always thought along the same lines. There were so many different attempts to make a fan-game, and all of them got half-finished before people got bored. If we'd all pulled together, could have had a nice game :p
  • edited June 2009
    I always thought along the same lines. There were so many different attempts to make a fan-game, and all of them got half-finished before people got bored. If we'd all pulled together, could have had a nice game :p

I thought it would be a really cool idea to make a fake Monkey Island 5 trailer and then at the end say coming 2015 the year that Jim Ward (now ex-president of LucasArts) said LucasArts might revisit the Monkey Island franchise. Too late now though, and that still would have been a hell of a lot of work to make something that looks good.
  • edited June 2009
    nadir wrote: »
    CMI_Captains_cabin_by_Argial.jpg

I made this for a uni project. The project was to make a room in 3d so I made this captains cabin using the Curse of Monkey Island art style. I love the Bill Tiller clouds :D. Came out pretty good I think.

I almost thought it was real screenie or so from MI5 :) Nice work!
  • edited June 2009
    nadir wrote: »
    I thought it would be a really cool idea to make a fake Monkey Island 5 trailer and then at the end say coming 2015 the year that Jim Ward (now ex-president of LucasArts) said LucasArts might revisit the Monkey Island franchise. Too late now though, and that still would have been a hell of a lot of work to make something that looks good.

Hmmm, why should we make it fake? I mean, we won't have any right to use the LucasArts logo or to sell the game (which, I'm sure, no one wants to do), so, why fake?
    We can actually do a fangame based on the series, with an original story, graphics that we all agree upon (:p) and original soundtrack etc.

Ron Gilbert still has his own version of MI3 (in his head), why don't we make our version of MI5? Anyone interested?

Check this out, it really impressed me. Too bad they're working really slow.
    These are actually screenshots of a fangame (made by italians).
    sc2.gif

And they also have insult swordfighting.
    sc1.gif

Source: www.fangames.tk

Besides, I would see it as a tribute to TTG and LucasArts. Oh and, of course, proof that the huge fan base hasn't died! :D
  • edited June 2009
    Disturbing but incredible.

Thank you very much Mysterysheep - it means a lot :)

I am also very interested in fan games, there are some very exciting ones!
    As Gryffalio already said, it's very sad that often people give up before finishing a game...
  • edited June 2009
    Wow!

Check out Night of the Hermit. But more fan stuff never comes short.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.