The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Jayel wrote: »
    @HoppyDragon
    Hahaha, that's very charming. Whoever said art is limited by size of pixels?

@Sheepbrush
    Your murray pic is hilarious. I can't even fathom what's going on there... a screencap of a photo of a screencap of a photo? Brilliant.
    (apologies if it was unintentional)

Something like that, haha. ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Bingo. :D

For getting it right.. here's an incomplete version.
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1662

That's how Ron Gilbert's Monkey Island 3 would have looked like! :)

Oh crap... Double post. :(
  • edited June 2009
    Okay, so originally I wasn't going to do it this way, but I decide to update Guybrush for my picture. I figured if CMI was made around the time FT and DOTT were, he'd have been updated anyways. This is what I have so far.. how does he look? :)
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1664
  • edited June 2009
    Okay, so originally I wasn't going to do it this way, but I decide to update Guybrush for my picture. I figured if CMI was made around the time FT and DOTT were, he'd have been updated anyways. This is what I have so far.. how does he look? :)
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1664

Looking really good but I love the first version you made. He looks so original Guybrush-ish.
  • lmilmi
    edited June 2009
    some really nice stuff you guys. and, of course, i just love the works of Jayel an Ado - you're probably my favourite MI-fan artists! and, of course, i'm really glad to see that Paco's here (your SMI comic's great)!!!

some drawings of Elaine really look CMI-style. but naked (or half-naked) Elaine is something i would NEVER (under no circumstances) want to see in MI series. she always appealed to me as modest, chaste, self-confident, and proud character. those traits make her one of my most favourite fictional female characters! naked women seem to be just everywhere these days: on the streets, in the malls, in the movies, in the cartoons, in the games, on tv, on the internet (of course)... so it'd be really great if MI would stay free from that stuff...
    Paco Vink wrote: »
    Hey guys! Nice to see people getting back into fanart again :)
    I want to pick up my Monkey island 1 comic at some point in the near future.
    Here's a drawing I did of Elaine a while ago:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_N_JwVse_tdc/SYrBbRqD5NI/AAAAAAAAAJE/n78dEkZgnQc/s1600-h/pirate.jpg
    more like Paris-Hilton-style-person dressed as Elaine)))
  • edited June 2009
    N/A
  • edited June 2009
    Haha, the pixelated art looks great, i personally dig pixelated stuff, it has a certain charm to it...

I drew this to Armakuni on msn
    elainemsn.png

@lmi

I understand your views on Elaine, and although i have not played teh games,i have gotten that impression of her personality as well from watching gameplay clips etc... However, what i created was merely of request by a friend, and not how i imagined her to be like...

[edit:]
    That's a great on Irishmile :D
  • edited June 2009
    Those bikini shots of Elaine are totally what I could see Guybrush carrying in his wallet... a wallet that is in his other pants at home
  • edited June 2009
    I made a guybrush one too, also in msn...
    guybrushmsn.png

They remind me of bobbleheads, i feel like tipping thier big heads
  • edited June 2009
    lmi wrote: »
    some drawings of Elaine really look CMI-style. but naked (or half-naked) Elaine is something i would NEVER (under no circumstances) want to see in MI series. she always appealed to me as modest, chaste, self-confident, and proud character.
    I could easily make it fit. For instance, she could be under some voodoo curse, forcing her to act like a bimbo :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1662

don't change guybrush, this version is great
  • lmilmi
    edited June 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    I could easily make it fit. For instance, she could be under some voodoo curse, forcing her to act like a bimbo :cool:
    like i said: NEVER, under NO circumstances does that charismatic character fit to be abused/humiliated like that
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Those bikini shots of Elaine are totally what I could see Guybrush carrying in his wallet... a wallet that is in his other pants at home
    sure got that right ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Hoppy, that picture is gold. But leave Oldbrush in there.

Hm. Maybe try LeChuck?
  • edited June 2009
    lmi wrote: »
    like i said: NEVER, under NO circumstances does that charismatic character fit to be abused/humiliated like that
    Voodoo spells work on Elaine, that's already established when she was turned to gold in CMI. So logically, this should be possible too :cool:
    If someone was already a bimbo, why would anyone want to cast a bimbo curse on them... logically, a curse like that would be cast on someone who is not like that at all :cool:

:D

Anyway, enough talking from me, this is thread is for fan art :o
  • lmilmi
    edited June 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    Anyway, enough talking from me, this is thread is for fan art :o
    )))
  • edited June 2009
    lechuckdemonmi2.png

Demon version of MI2 LeChuck! :D
  • edited June 2009
    I can dig it
  • edited June 2009
    Update: lechuckdemonmi22.png
  • edited June 2009
    Maybe I should have made my last one Demon LeChuck instead of Zombie LeChuck... but painting fire is hard work
  • edited June 2009
    Sheepbrush wrote: »
    Update: lechuckdemonmi22.png

I'm surprised no one has thought of doing this before. Good job.

Here's a fan poster I made. I plan to color it as well. I got inspiration for it from the MI2 poster.

TMI-post1.png
  • edited June 2009
    I'm surprised no one has thought of doing this before. Good job.

Here's a fan poster I made. I plan to color it as well. I got inspiration for it from the MI2 poster.

TMI-post1.png
    Thanks man! Nice picture you have drawn too. :)
    First version: lechuckdemonmi2.png
    Update 2: lechuckdemonmi22.png
    Update 3: lechuckdemonmi23.png
  • edited June 2009
    Sheepbrush wrote: »
    Update 3: lechuckdemonmi23.png

Inconsistent pixel sizes make me sad. You should make the whole image at 1:1 scale and then resize it back up to 2:1 scale
  • lmilmi
    edited June 2009
    Micki! wrote: »
    request by a friend, and not how i imagined her to be like...
    :))
  • edited June 2009
    OK Here he is again this time in three different flavors

Pirate_LeChuck_by_Irishmile.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    ...a three-headed monkey :D

dreikopfaffe.jpg

Haha!

Did you make that one yourself?
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Inconsistent pixel sizes make me sad. You should make the whole image at 1:1 scale and then resize it back up to 2:1 scale
    Yes, like how I did it. ;)
  • edited June 2009
    don't change guybrush, this version is great
    He's just way too short in comparison to the other characters.. so I made a compromise, and I like the way it looks. What do you think?
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1667
  • edited June 2009
    Here's a slightly updated work-in-progress. I really need to get to work on some shading. :rolleyes:

cmidosinprogress.png
  • edited June 2009
    looks tops
  • edited June 2009
    hmm maybe I should have given the Ghost Lechuck skin in my The Three Lechuck painting... What do you all think? should Ghost LeChuck have a normal face or a skull like face? He looks creepy like that I think.
  • edited June 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    hmm maybe I should have given the Ghost Lechuck skin in my The Three Lechuck painting... What do you all think? should Ghost LeChuck have a normal face or a skull like face? He looks creepy like that I think.

He has a skull face except he has a nose on it.
  • edited June 2009
    OK here it is... yet again.. I gave Ghost LeChuck a face... Zombie LeChuck is just a tad more gruesome... Demon LeChuck The skull is now charred black and I gave the flames some TLC.... Which one do you like better the top pictures or the bottom?

• edited June 2009
    I have been working on this for quite a while. 4,298 polys created using 3ds Max. Still have to do model the collar and texture him.

Guybrush_work_in_progress_by_Argial.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    nadir wrote: »
    I have been working on this for quite a while. 4,298 polys created using 3ds Max. Still have to do model the collar and texture him.
    Wow, that is really really awesome. I've always wanted to get into 3D design. I'd probably just spend all my time creating images from 2D games into 3D, though.
  • edited June 2009
    Irishmile, I preffer the second lot, for the Ghost Pirate should resemble how he looked, as it is his spirit in escense; and then when it reaches his zombie form is when it should resemble the corpse and skeletal nature of his being.

And that 3D Guybrush is champion, nadir.
  • edited June 2009
    Irishmile i love the second set of pictures you done, they really bring out the character more.
  • edited June 2009
    Sorry to bug you all yet again.. but I have once again spent more time on my LeChuck painting... If you could look up a few posts up I edited that post instead of reposting the pictures... let me know what you think....

I redid the hats, Demon lechuck got redone... charred skull and a better beard I got lazy on the first one and used a cheapy filter... the second one is painted over... I had never painted fire before... so I dunno how convincing it is.... thanks for your input.... Trying to get this as best as my skills will allow.
  • edited June 2009
    The fire does look better, and convincing as fire, though maybe a bit more shaded spots are needed in the middle. Perhaps some fire in or behind the eyes may look good? A firey tint or something, if you think it could work.
  • edited June 2009
    done
  • edited June 2009
    the nose-one is cool, resembles Gimli :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.