The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Hey guys! Nice to see people getting back into fanart again :)
    I want to pick up my Monkey island 1 comic at some point in the near future.
    Here's a drawing I did of Elaine a while ago:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_N_JwVse_tdc/SYrBbRqD5NI/AAAAAAAAAJE/n78dEkZgnQc/s1600-h/pirate.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Duate and Pa©o.... very awesome
  • edited June 2009
    Woah hey Paco, nice to see you! Just wanna shake your hands virtually for the awesome Monkey-Island-Comic. It was very inspiring!
  • edited June 2009
    Pa©o wrote: »

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_N_JwVse_tdc/SYrBbRqD5NI/AAAAAAAAAJE/n78dEkZgnQc/s1600-h/pirate.jpg
    radical
  • edited June 2009
    monkeyislandsm-1.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Okay THATs awesome.
  • edited June 2009

Awesome painting... and good to hear you wanna continue the comic. Of course now that you've become even better, you've got "Special Edition"ize all the previous comic pages :P
  • edited June 2009
    Samas wrote: »
    monkeyislandsm-1.jpg

Think we got a winner! :D
  • edited June 2009
    monkeyislandsm-1.jpg
    This is so photo-realistic.. this is exactly how I've always imagined Monkey Island.
  • edited June 2009

Hey! Excellent to see you joining the party! Can't wait to see what new Monkey Island art you whip up. Where can we find your newest stuff? :)
  • edited June 2009
    Paco's stuff looks awesome..!

Armakuni asked me to draw again, i threw this together pretty quick, it's such a mess harh harh...

guybrushelaineskeletons.jpg

Full Size
  • edited June 2009
    monkeyislandsm-1.jpg

why is the monkey head crying blood?
  • edited June 2009
    Mataku wrote: »
    why is the monkey head crying blood?

It's how it was in the game, I don't think there is a given reason
    455424-giant_monkey_head_large.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Another coloured version of Micki's Elaine...

...just couldnt resist.

elaine1.jpg
    mnkeycolour-2.png
  • edited June 2009
    Paco Vink wrote: »

Oh my god... It is you! Please continue with the comic or make a new one with your one characters. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Duate wrote: »
    one i just did

only took about 8 hours :P

Return_to_Monkey_Island_by_Garrenh.jpg
    Neato!
  • edited June 2009
    Wow, old crew is coming back. It is so nice to see you all together and still doing art. Great work all of you.

I couldn't resist anymore and I had to do a quick one (slow day at work, eh)...my first since WoMI. I hope you guy will like it...

888.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    AdoC wrote: »
    Wow, old crew is coming back. It is so nice to see you all together and still doing art. Great work all of you.

I couldn't resist anymore and I had to do a quick one (slow day at work, eh)...my first since WoMI. I hope you guy will like it...

6-10-2009.jpg

Nice drawing! Hopefully, I will show you all guys a picture tomorrow I've been working for some hours. :)
  • edited June 2009
    monkeyislandsm-1.jpg

That's exactly what I wanted MI5 to be! Hand-made graphics, and good ol' fashioned point'n'click!!!1
  • edited June 2009
    AdoC wrote: »

6-10-2009.jpg

Haha, that is great! A lovely scene.
  • edited June 2009
    Love it AdoC

I did this quickly while my wife went to pick up some steaks for supper.... I like my wife.

Melee_Island_by_Irishmile.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Paco
    Finish the comic!
    Its AMAZING

Telltale, do something to get it published... NAO
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    I think this thread is worthy of a sticky. I shall hang it up on the fridge for all to see.
  • edited June 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Love it AdoC

I did this quickly while my wife went to pick up some steaks for supper.... I like my wife.

Melee_Island_by_Irishmile.jpg

That's the second best piece of fan art of Melee Island I've ever seen!

But really, some of this stuff is of such a high quality - you guys have really impressed me. Gooood workies :D
  • edited June 2009
    Nice Job Welshy! I hope you get around to coloring the other one too. I second the idea of a sticky as well.
  • edited June 2009
    But really, some of this stuff is of such a high quality - you guys have really impressed me. Gooood workies :D

no kidding some stuff here makes me pretty jealous of other peoples art skills
  • edited June 2009
    Man, there are already so many great works.
    Yay! Paco's here!! That's an awesome piece. the eyepatch is a nice touch.
    Ado, amazing as usual. I especially like the perspective you chose.
  • edited June 2009
    I dig stuff like that... seemingly random lines forming into a picture with depth and perspective... I also like the green lighting
  • edited June 2009
    Grats! The thread has been promoted to a sticky! :D
  • edited June 2009
    I had a spare moment and made a crappy heavily-derivative wallpaper consisting of one of Welshy's colours of one of Micki's works, with the new Monkey Island logo and a Puerto Pullo background:

th_ElaineBikiniWallpaper.jpg
    (click for full size)

1297 x 811 widescreen; the original was 1440 x 900, but cretinous Photobucket won't allow me to upload files over 1MB. To account for the original low resolution of the background sceenshot from CMI, I've tried to get an unfocused blurred background style - jury's out on how successful that was. Elaine's been mirrored, so not to conflict with the sidebar on Vista.

If I can figure out how to convince Paint Shop Pro to reduce the file size at 1440 x 900 without removing quality, I'll upload the full size one.

Welshy, I don't suppose you can be convinced be unable to resist colouring Micki's other three drawings? They really do look fantastic once coloured.
  • edited June 2009
    Welshy wrote: »
    Another coloured version of Micki's Elaine...

...just couldnt resist.

elaine1.jpg
    mnkeycolour-2.png

Awesome, i dig your coloring style :D
    S@bre wrote: »
    I had a spare moment and made a crappy heavily-derivative wallpaper consisting of one of Welsy's colours of one of Micki's works, with the new Monkey Island logo and a Puerto Pullo background:

th_ElaineBikiniWallpaper.jpg
    (click for full size)

1297 x 811 widescreen; the original was 1440 x 900, but cretinous Photobucket won't allow me to upload files over 1MB. To account for the original low resolution of the background sceenshot from CMI, I've tried to get an unfocused blurred background style - jury's out on how successful that was. Elaine's been mirrored, so not to conflict with the sidebar on Vista.

If I can figure out how to convince Paint Shop Pro to reduce the file size at 1440 x 900 without removing quality, I'll upload the full size one.

:eek::cool:
    That's really cool, haha

AdoC's pic made me laugh, i like it alot :D
  • edited June 2009
    ...a three-headed monkey :D

dreikopfaffe.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    I'm working on something awesome but I don't want to reveal what it is until I'm finished. This is a tiny teaser. Maybe some of you will figure out what it is. :)
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1659
  • edited June 2009
    I'm working on something awesome but I don't want to reveal what it is until I'm finished. This is a tiny teaser. Maybe some of you will figure out what it is. :)
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1659

Is that Haggis McMutton? :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2009
    Sheepbrush wrote: »
    Is that Haggis McMutton? :rolleyes:
    Bingo. :D

For getting it right.. here's an incomplete version.
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1662
  • edited June 2009
    LOL funny...
  • edited June 2009
    hahah that's pretty awesome :p
  • edited June 2009
    Murray
    murray.png
    Guybrush
    guybrush1.png
  • edited June 2009
    @HoppyDragon
    Hahaha, that's very charming. Whoever said art is limited by size of pixels?

@Sheepbrush
    Your murray pic is hilarious. I can't even fathom what's going on there... a screencap of a photo of a screencap of a photo? Brilliant.
    (apologies if it was unintentional)
  • edited June 2009
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39024988@N06/3616677363/sizes/l/ It's interesting to see all the different drawing styles, alot of them seem to fall into color. I wish my pc was working and I could add color or scan it atleast.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.