The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited June 2009
    MI.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Beautiful.
  • edited June 2009
    Holy schnitzel on a horse, that looks great man!
  • edited June 2009
    Azure wrote: »
    Check out Night of the Hermit. But more fan stuff never comes short.

I know it. I actually played most of the fangames based on Monkey Island. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Marty that is EPIC! You should create a wallpaper based on it!
  • edited June 2009
    @ Marty, that is sick. Reminds me of the boxart covers for EMI.

Which brings me to a question, why are the past 2 MI boxarts so similar? Or, I must say, MI4 and Telltale's Monkey Island. Front shot of all the characters in a composition with an island in the background. I mean the character expressions really make it. But the comps are not really original like CMI, SMI and MI2. Hmmm...
  • edited June 2009
    why are the past 2 MI boxarts so similar? Or, I must say, MI4 and Telltale's Monkey Island. Front shot of all the characters in a composition with an island in the background. I mean the character expressions really make it. But the comps are not really original like CMI, SMI and MI2. Hmmm...

Guybrush didn't have a set look until CMI. Since then he's had the same looks and voice, so why ruin a good thing.

To Marty: GREAT SCOTT!!!:eek: That's really good. So good in fact, I might have to make it my wallpaper. His nose looks like he's been sippin on that bottle of grog all day.:D
  • edited June 2009
    @Marty: This is probably the best TMI fanart I've seen so far. Great great work. You nailed each character perfectly, not to mention Telltale's art style.

I finally coloured my fanart, but something about it bugs me a bit.
    monkeyposter-colour.png
  • edited June 2009
    Wow that's some awesome work Marty :D. Also that's looking pretty good Secret Fawful
  • edited June 2009
    Is a music video considered to be art? Because I'm kinda working on something similar right now. :D *hint-hint-for-a-surprise*
  • edited June 2009
    Marty your artwork looks so very professional :-)

Here a rough sketch of mine again

Elaine ;P
    b3nt9.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    thanks for the kind comments, guys :)
    I've been wanting to do some MI fan art for quite awhile and now with the release of Tales, I finally got some inspiration.
    I really need to do Sam n Max too.
  • edited June 2009
    @Marty: Very nice drawing! It looks so real and professional. :)
  • GOMGOM
    edited June 2009
    Here's two fanart i've made on my blog.

me and LeChuck

Guybrush'n'nemesis

Bravo ! for the project. I'm totally on fire about it :D
  • edited June 2009
    GOM wrote: »

me and LeChuck

Guybrush'n'nemesis

Wow, I really REALLY like your style! Do you also take requests? :D Seriously, I'm working on a project and I would need some concept art. If you're interested, we can talk about it in private.
  • edited June 2009
    GOM wrote: »

me and LeChuck

Guybrush'n'nemesis

It's pretty funny but worrying that your nude in the first picture!:D
    Great artwork!
  • edited June 2009
    Wow! the amount of talent in this thread is staggering! And great to hear paco may pick up the comic again, i love that comic and have been holding my breath these last 2 years waiting for an update (who am i kidding? I couldn't even hold my breath for ten minutes if i had an idol of many hands tied to my ankle)
  • edited June 2009
    Ummm, can this be considered a piece of "Monkey Island FanArt"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXsfSySaIE
  • edited June 2009
    I pretty concerned about some of the pictures of Elaine, here. In many of them, particularly Micki's, she looks anorexic. No offense, but is that really attractive to you guys?
  • edited June 2009
    Hey Skinny girls need loving too..

But seriously I guess I never found myself attracted to Elaine. MI doesn't seem to be that sort of game...
  • edited June 2009
    Marduk wrote: »
    I pretty concerned about some of the pictures of Elaine, here. In many of them, particularly Micki's, she looks anorexic. No offense, but is that really attractive to you guys?
    Dunno man, she looks pretty slim to begin with.

elainepose.png
  • edited June 2009
    her poor arm is all tangled in her hair too :(
  • edited June 2009
    Hehe, I think that is just the smooth transition of her hair with the hair in her armpit ;-)
  • edited June 2009

I think the idea is that she's a caricature. Like those powerpod thingys that you used to get in the chocolate eggs.
  • edited June 2009
    HeyArnold wrote: »
    Hehe, I think that is just the smooth transition of her hair with the hair in her armpit ;-)
    Ewwww...

By the way, now that we're posting videos here as well, here's mine. :p
  • edited June 2009
    Haggis wrote: »
    By the way, now that we're posting videos here as well, here's mine. :p

Nice video, what's the name of the second song in the video, if i may ask?
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks! It's Lacrimosa, from Mozart's Requiem. The names of the songs are all in the credits, by the way. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Ummm, can this be considered a piece of "Monkey Island FanArt"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXsfSySaIE
    Since when has music (and animation) not been an art, and why didn't anyone tell me? :confused:

Eh, anyway - thanks for the laugh, that video (and song) is great... :D

np: Aesop Rock - I'll Be OK (ft. Slug) (Float)
  • edited June 2009
    Ravey wrote: »
    Dunno man, she looks pretty slim to begin with.

elainepose.png
    But is that really 'to begin with', what with it being the 5th game in the series. And she didn't strike me as particularly skinny in SMI... but I guess I wasn't paying attention to the way she looked. Especially with all the pixilation...

But you're right; she does look thin to the point of bad health in this pic.

I'm willing to go along that, as cartoons, the character's are basically caricature, but should they be perpetuating negative stereotypes?
  • edited June 2009
    Iiii think it's pretty obvious that Elaine's body isn't meant to be realistic at all. How many people in real life have bangs that defy gravity? Her shoulders (and Guybrush's for that matter) are also way too narrow for a normal human being if I remember my high school art class anatomy correctly.

Besides, if there's anybody in Monkey Island who could stand to eat a sandwich or two, it's Guybrush himself. Poor guy's thin as a rail. :D
  • edited June 2009
    Don't run! Is only ham!

sandvich.jpg

Sorry, it was cheap, but I felt it slightly necessary at the mention of a sandwich.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm willing to go along that, as cartoons, the character's are basically caricature, but should they be perpetuating negative stereotypes?

I know what you mean, she always looked quite healthy and strong in the others, and now, as a kick-ass governor and piratess (of sorts) she's got the arms of a spaghetti monster :p
  • edited June 2009
    Ravey wrote: »
    elainepose.png

those clouds behind her look way too normal!
  • edited June 2009
    Looks cool to me, she is a bit skinny but thats just the style I guess. She doesn't exactly look unwell. The Clouds look nicely stylised to me, just a bit burry is all.
  • edited June 2009
    I finally drew a real picture!

download.php?id=9472
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I finally drew a real picture!

download.php?id=9472

That is so Elaine! :p
  • edited June 2009
    Of course it is! Haven't you noticed the lips and eyebrows? That's definitley a female pirate!
  • edited June 2009
    ^
    ...and the beard...
  • edited June 2009
    vgatomiguybrush.png
  • edited June 2009
    Woooow! That's SO cool!!! Make LeChuck! Make LeChuck! :D:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.