The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited July 2009
    After I played through chapter one, I decided fanart needed to be wrought from my hand. XD

http://pettyartist.deviantart.com/art/ToMI-Insulting-Yourself-128777168

ToMI__Insulting_Yourself_by_pettyar.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Welshy wrote: »
    couldnt resist a wee colouring

I feel bad because I now want to touch Guybrush's wife in ways I shouldn't.
    Not to mention she's a cartoon.

Is that really so wrong? :o
  • edited July 2009
    hahaha loving the diorama!
    There are so many outstanding fan art here.. I salute every one of you
  • edited July 2009
    this thread is full of awesome indeed! though please remove the image tagg if you quote something, because its kind of pointless to see the same image 3 to 4 times in a row on the same page.
  • edited July 2009
    YOU DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY HAVE PERMISSION TO POST THIS ON YOUR SITE! ALWAYS ASK FIRST!
    oleshikaru wrote: »
    this thread is full of awesome indeed! though please remove the image tagg if you quote something, because its kind of pointless to see the same image 3 to 4 times in a row on the same page.

Speaking of which... *shamelessly reuploads his own picture since it's been updated ever so slightly*

guy2.gif

YOU DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY HAVE PERMISSION TO POST THIS ON YOUR SITE! ALWAYS ASK FIRST!
  • edited July 2009
    I don't know if this counts as fan art, but yeah.

I made some 256x256 icons for Vista. Below each image are links to download them.

tmilechuckepisode1256.jpg
    LeChuck 256x256 icon
    tmiguybrushepisode1256.jpg
    Guybrush 256x256 icon
  • edited July 2009
    AdoC wrote: »
    Here is another one done quickly at work yesterday. This scene for me was one of the most memorable in MI and I just loved the music playing in the background (on my Amiga)

Again, hope you guys will like it...

7-2-2009copy.jpg

AdoC, you should have remade SoMI, not whatever jerk they got to do it.
  • edited July 2009
    @JensK
    That's cute!
  • edited July 2009
    your background work is really incredible! ^^ im really bad at making interesting backgrounds like this. haha.
  • edited July 2009
    THIS IS NOT MY WORK

I stumbled upon it at deviantart.. its done by Edrice click his page so he/she gets a hit on their page

http://edrice.deviantart.com/art/Monkey-Island-3d-toy-wip-128854602

Monkey_Island_3d_toy_wip_by_Edrice.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    WOW! Those need to be colored and mass produced with the quickness. Lucasarts or Telltale need to get on that ASAP.
  • While not exactly fanart, I made some Sims for The Sims 3.

Here are the Sims:
    Guybrush Threepwood - The easiest one to do was circa Curse of Monkey Island, but I decided to add the goatee because personally, I like it.
    Elaine Marley-Threepwood - This one is more Escape oriented but yet again was the easiest to do.

I will be working on some more versions of Guybrush and Elaine when I can find the right clothing. I had some issues uploading LeChuck so I will post an update when I can.
  • edited July 2009
    Since this is my favorite thread I felt like I had to contribute myself! I noticed that the Voodoo Lady was not represented so I threw this together in Sketchbook:

ARtJdLSKe.jpg

Hope you like it!
  • edited July 2009
    Diorama = awesome

Sculptures = amazing

Guybrush annoyed with his hand = love it

Voodoo Lady with her parrot = very cool

And anything I've forgotten to mention is also great. Seriously, I spend so much time looking in this thread. You lot have serious skill!
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah I agree..... I think EVERYONE should be comfortable sharing their fan art no matter what your skill level is.

That said I am amazed at the amount of quality stuff there is in here.

Especially my stuff :D Just kidding
  • edited July 2009
    'Allright LeChuck! Put down the monkey and back away from my wife!'

Guybrush_epic.gif

Guybrush at his most epic. Gotta say I love the opening to this game. There's nothing quite like a raging storm at night out on the open seas to get oneself in the mood for pirating. Yarr harr..!
  • edited July 2009
    'Allright LeChuck! Put down the monkey and back away from my wife!'
    Oh, I really love this picture. Guybrush looks like a mixture of the ToMI- and the LCR-Guybrush.
  • edited July 2009

inthelab.gif

• edited July 2009
    I like the second one best.

My son (6 years old) made LeChuck in LBP today.... complete with voodoo doll (his words) He loves watching me play Monkey Island he is pretty good at figuring out some puzzles too.

lechuck.jpg
  • My CSS assignment for school. I had to re-vamp a design based off of one of my hobbies/favorite things.

http://www.geocities.com/electrasgirl/
  • edited July 2009
    Both of these are still very much a work-in-progress, but..
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1609picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1714

And I'll repost this for fun.. though it's still a WIP too!
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1662
  • edited July 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »
    inthelab.gif
    This is almost perfect.. but I think you compressed the colors a bit too much. :(
  • edited July 2009
    Updated to include Human LeChuck.... I really hope they do not NERF him too much.

Pirate_LeChuck_by_Irishmile.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Updated to include Human LeChuck.... I really hope they do not NERF him too much.
    You know, I think something of Guybrush might have transferred to LeChuck.
    If you watch the scene carefully, the skulls on his jacket and hat become smiley!
    He's looking not so evil anymore to me.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah... I'm pretty sure that is where they are going... Guybrush is becoming a jerk, while Chuck is going to become... a... uh a dork.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah... I'm pretty sure that is where they are going... Guybrush is becoming a jerk, while Chuck is going to become... a... uh a dork.
    I think Guybrush is going to die. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Zombie Guybrush or ghost Guybrush? Could be neat.
  • edited July 2009
    Zombie Guybrush or ghost Guybrush? Could be neat.
    Hm, could be either! I know this is getting off-topic, so sorry.
    I'm just so excited about ToMI! I put this together for comparison.
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1715
  • edited July 2009
    Hm, could be either! I know this is getting off-topic, so sorry.
    I'm just so excited about ToMI! I put this together for comparison.
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1715

The Human LeChuck has a different hat then the zombie LeChuck... The Human LeChucks hat has a skull with a big smile! Maybe LeChuck's personality changed after the "sword incident", so he became polite etc etc! :eek:
  • edited July 2009
    Sheepbrush wrote: »
    The Human LeChuck has a different hat then the zombie LeChuck... The Human LeChucks hat has a skull with a big smile! Maybe LeChuck's personality changed after the "sword incident", so he became polite etc etc! :eek:
    Exactly! Something more than just becoming human has definitely happened here. :)

Now how is Guybrush's cursed hand going to further affect him in future episodes?
  • edited July 2009
    Sheepbrush wrote: »
    Maybe LeChuck's personality changed after the "sword incident", so he became polite etc etc! :eek:
    Of course LeChuck changed! With the
    sword of Kaflu, Guybrush removed LeChuck's evil mojo. Part of it went into Guybrush's hand, giving it a will of its own, and the rest turned into the 'Pox of LeChuck' cloud, spreading LeChuck's evil over the Caribbean.
  • edited July 2009
    Now how is Guybrush's cursed hand going to further affect him in future episodes?
    I believe the evil hand is going to infect the rest of Guybrush body and make him the next LeChuck (they are brothers after all). Maybe in the fourth episode LeChucks saves Guybrush because he don't want to see Elaine so depressed? :eek:
  • edited July 2009
    Now Elaine may possibly like LeChuck
  • edited July 2009
    Marty wrote: »
    Now Elaine may possibly like LeChuck
    It certainly seemed that way at the end of the episode!
  • edited July 2009
    i sure hope we'll get to see Stan somerwhere in ToMI !! :)
  • edited July 2009
    But maybe LeChuck is taking advantage of his new form, and is hidding something...

Remember that while he was LeCharles, he was acting as a polite man, and even when he was still human he stole Minnie Goodsoup diamond.

So he wasnt so good when he was alive...He was smart and treacherous.
  • edited July 2009
    Great to see you've added Human LeChuck to the collection, Irishmile!

And great pixel lab scene, Scapetti! You even got the inventory perfectly (including the recoloured monkey!)
  • edited July 2009
    guybrushcharacterposter.jpg

that's really nice! toy story style
  • edited July 2009

i agree that would look like a really cool figurine, and id buy that
  • edited July 2009

What exactly am I looking at, here? Did you make an awesome model? Pull a model from the game and render it awesomely? Cut the character out of a screenshot and photoshop it awesomely? I can't tell what you did, I just know that it's awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.