The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Does anyone have the picture from this box in a wallpaper size format, preferably 1920 x1200? I can't find it anywhere, and it's a wonderful picture.

th_588037761_1_image_122_43lo.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    Seifer26 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the picture from this box in a wallpaper size format, preferably 1920 x1200? I can't find it anywhere, and it's a wonderful picture.

That doesn't have ANYTHING to do with fanart, but here's a high resolution pic of the cover art:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9313667/Box%20Art/67631-forside.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the high-res pic nonetheless!! I love the art, but somehow, in that resolution, the digital coloring stands out as somewhat unnatural. I would have preferred some real watercolor. :D
  • edited August 2011
    just passing by to say hello to everyone!

It's been a while i didn't make any fanart of MI...

But you still can see the influence of MI in my drawings: the clouds!!!

farewell_eglantine_by_guimero64-d46lboe.png

Go and Comment Here: http://guimero64.deviantart.com/art/Farewell-Eglantine-252937310

And by the way I'm doing a webcomic named "What is your Secret?" Check it out here:

http://guimero64.deviantart.com/gallery/31487956
  • edited August 2011
    I might as well cross-post this in this thread, because I think I haven't done that yet:

SVG version of the "Trial of the Century-y-y-y-y-y" shirt, can be used for printing on actual shirt (requires Caslon Antique font):
    trial_of_the_century-y-y-y.svg

More details and raster version here:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=537090&postcount=7

Also it's "open source" so feel free to improve it where you see fit and repost.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm suitably impressed by that one!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Lord Rose wrote: »

Dude, that is fantastic! The effort was worth it.
  • edited August 2011

:eek: I really, really, really, REALLY want to play that. Awesome work!
  • edited August 2011

That is just epic! Amazing job. :)
  • edited August 2011

Whoa... Impressive.

I would totally buy this.
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    Thank u everybody! Now I'm working in the Monkey and Voodoo Cars, I have a lot of funny ideas.

(And I was thinking... Could have been better having four voodoo ingredients as train stations instead of boats? Something of the thread... $200! Something of the head... $200!)
  • edited August 2011
    (And I was thinking... Could have been better having four voodoo ingredients as train stations instead of boats? Something of the thread... $200! Something of the head... $200!)

I'm quite liking this idea, actually.
  • edited October 2011
    Guybrush:
    kbyt7s.jpg

Elaine:
    x6984.jpg

LeChuck:
    2dbs3lv.jpg

Charles L. Charles:
    ruww83.jpg

Voodoo Lady:
    2nh0pw6.jpg

Ozzie Mandrill:
    2e4dxn6.jpg

Sorry, I didn't shrink them, but I figured since it was an art thread it would be fine, but Here's them shrunk in case you want to see them better:
    2z80lft.jpg
    4zxan7.jpg
    esnp7s.jpg
    5nrjwz.jpg
    2z9mt6v.jpg
    72ub80.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    Like I have said before, Your MSPaint drawings amuse me to no end. I must say, that LeChuck is really cool looking
  • edited October 2011
    Thank u everybody! Now I'm working in the Monkey and Voodoo Cars, I have a lot of funny ideas.

I kind of like the boats. :) What I DO wish is that you'd grouped your locations by ISLAND rather than whatever criteria you're currently using. So, for example, the green ones might be Stan's, the Scumm Bar, and the Governor's Mansion -- representing Melee Island. The blue squares' Monkey Head and Big Whoop would count as Monkey Island ... and so on. (You'd have some flexibility in the case of characters whose locations exist on multiple islands, such as the Voodoo Lady, Stan, and the Cannibals.)

The International House of Mojo could also be considered a utility, rather than "Murray & Co." As much as I love Murray, he'd work better as a gamepiece, I think! :D ("As I stride past GO..." "Stride?" "Alright, ROLL past GO...")

But that's just my personal taste ... you've done an outstanding job, design-wise! Kudos!
  • edited October 2011
    You know, I've done a lot of Sam & Max fan art since I first discovered Telltale, but I've been slacking on the Monkey Island fan art. I'm especially disappointed considering I consider myself a bigger Monkey Island fan, and "Tales of Monkey Island" was the first Telltale game I got. Anyway, in order to rectify the situation, here's my rendition of the original cover of "The Secret of Monkey Island". (Original art by Steve Purcell)

the_secret_of_monkey_island_by_klatuu_vii-d4bxz7v.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    O.O now that is nice... how long did it take? I've often wanted to attempt something similar but never had the patience or skill.
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks, Lennie! It's tough for me to say exactly how long it took; I should keep better track. I actually started it late August, but before I posted it, there were stretches of days where I didn't touch it, or just made a slight modification. All in all, maybe 3 weeks to a month of work, on and off? I was hoping to do the cover of Monkey Island 2, so I'll try to keep better track of that one.
  • edited October 2011
    Hi all friend!! Sorry if I didn’t logged in the forum in this last time ( I have done more commitments ).
    Finally I can show this alternative cover for the special edition collection (this is only a little competition of the Italian Game stop , this draw will be note in the real cover of the stores)..
    I hope do you like this :)
    [IMG][/img]29911010150361429127272.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    edited October 2011
    Cirolmo, your fandom exceeds all our expectations. Great, great work once again. You're often a little low on value contrasts but what you do with negative space other artists can only dream of.

I really hope to see more from you here.
  • edited November 2011
    Fantastico!
  • edited December 2011
    I thought you might dig this as much as I do: Gabez from Mixnmojo made this post card based on a piece of concept art by Steve Purcell. I thought it was brilliant and always wanted to have it hanging on my wall but the resolution of the image back in the days wasn't good enough. To make a long story short: I remade it and here it is.

monkeyislandpostkarte.th.jpg
    edited January 2012
    Don't know where I am going with my art this year. 2011 wasn't exactly productive, and I fear I have to re-learn a lot I once knew by heart. I hope I have the time and dedication.

Maybe a more bold approach is the easiest way to progress.

guybrushsketchnewstyle.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    picture.php?albumid=329&pictureid=2475

My Facebook timeline attempt. Don't think any of my friends get it. I need new friends.

The idol's face makes me happy :)
    edited February 2012
    Seifer26 wrote: »
    Alex IDV wrote: »
    That doesn't have ANYTHING to do with fanart, but here's a high resolution pic of the cover art:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9313667/Box%20Art/67631-forside.jpg
    Thanks for the high-res pic nonetheless!! I love the art, but somehow, in that resolution, the digital coloring stands out as somewhat unnatural. I would have preferred some real watercolor. :D

I'll take that last comment back. The problem was not the digital coloring, but in fact the faulty cutout to add a black background. Ryan has posted the original piece on his blog last Sunday, and I dare say it looks fantastic that way.

MI_coverFIXdesktopsm.jpg

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!! :D :D :D

edit: Here's Steve Purcell's rough composition of the picture for comparison.

buxk6kmy.jpg
  • edited February 2012
    That is awesome. I wish we could get a higher res. version of that... :)
  • edited February 2012
    Hi! first post, long time lurker Been a fan of the series since I was a wee kiddo hehe, also finished this little art piece and I thought it would be fun to share c: twin_lechucks_unite__by_sirice-d4pa7md.png
  • edited February 2012
    Holy screaming starfish! That's amazing :eek:

I tip my hat to you, good sir. A brilliant work indeed! Keep it up :D
  • edited March 2012
    Previously, I drew the cover of "The Secret of Monkey Island", so now I'm working on a version of the cover of "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge". It's not done yet, but to keep this thread alive, here are a few previews.

monkey_island_2__lechuck__s_revenge___preview_1_by_klatuu_vii-d4ujzx2.jpg

monkey_island_2__lechuck__s_revenge___preview_2_by_klatuu_vii-d4uk055.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    first time posting in here.....

I have been around for a while but didn't think my drawing capbilities were that good but I have decided to bite the cannon ball and decided to start drawing again!

Will post some pictures when I have finished! :D
  • edited April 2012
    It's been a while since I did any fanart, but I felt inspired to do some new Monkey art, here's LeChuck vs. Elaine:

Pirates.jpg
    I might add a background later or perhaps I'll do some other characters as well :)
    PS. don't ask me about a certain comic I still should finish *runs off*
  • edited April 2012
    *Ahem*... regarding that comic...
  • edited April 2012
    Elaine makes pointing a gun at you look sexy! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Amazing!!!!
    Paco is back!
    More characters... pleaaaseee!!!
  • edited April 2012
    Paco Vink wrote: »
    PS. don't ask me about a certain comic I still should finish *runs off*

As much as I absolutely loved that comic, I'd suggest just leaving it be in its current state. Unless of course you get the inspiration and desire to make a return to it. But, otherwise, just leave it behind. For artists, if there's no inspiration to create something, then that certain something isn't worth creating. Your best work will come from doing what you feel like doing. So, in my eyes, I wouldn't blame you for simply abandoning it.

On a side note, that picture is amazing ^ :)
  • edited April 2012
    lechuck_lukasl_final_small.jpg
    Arrgh, love Monkey Island theme :) Thought I share a painting I've just finished. Spray and acrylic
    cheers!
  • edited April 2012
    amazing work here btw, very nice paco :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.