Who did you choose for Sentinel and why?

123457»

Comments

• I feel that Royland leaves a stronger impression than Duncan. His passion and blunt personality as well as his solid loyalty if he is Sentinel, makes him really stand out. :)

Royland. He's the most loyal guy ever and is so passionate I couldn't not choose him. Plus Duncan undermined Ethan.

• I agree. I think you don't need to look any further then Ethan's death to see that. Duncan is sad but Royland is screaming and charges to save his Lord.

I feel that Royland leaves a stronger impression than Duncan. His passion and blunt personality as well as his solid loyalty if he is Sentinel, makes him really stand out.

• imho Royland comes across really badly in the first episode which is why so many people didn't pick him. It's like:

The Game: "Which of these two men do you think would be better at helping you rule the house?"

Duncan: (is worrying about food supplies, the coming winter, keeping the smallfolk safe etc)

Royland: "HEY GUYS LETS TRY TO 1v1 THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN IN WESTEROS WITH OUR FIVE SOLDIERS WHO CAN BARELY HOLD THEIR SWORDS PROPERLY"

68.82% of Players:

srsly?

I don't necessarily hate Royland and I agree that him being the traitor is nonsensical, but it does kinda annoy me when people dismiss players who picked Duncan.

• Oh also, Duncan makes waaaaay more sense a traitor than Royland.

Royland. He's the most loyal guy ever and is so passionate I couldn't not choose him. Plus Duncan undermined Ethan.

• Definitely.

Oh also, Duncan makes waaaaay more sense a traitor than Royland.

• Aye. I just feel that considering Duncan's tendency to go behind everyone's back, he would be capable of doing this.

Also, his traitor scene was far more emotional than Royland's version.

• edited May 2016

No he doesn't?

He arranged the meeting with Gwyn!

'This person says that she has crucial information to give Rodrik! Bleh, it probably isn't about the traitor that happens to be me...'

• Yeah, some people here even think that Royland doesn't think before he acts because of that, I also thought him a meathead at first, good thing my Шindoшs crashed and I had to restart.

Royland didn't want PvP, he wanted Ironrath to appear tough. Maybe he simply planned to take the puffer fish approach because Red Wedding happened just a couple of days ago and he hoped that looking like a house that could afford self-defense at this point would make Forresters be treated as some big houses like Manderlys, Glovers, etc., that Roose would rather see at his side, however resentful they may be, and not as a little traitor house that could just be destroyed at first inconvenience.

ranger563 posted: »

imho Royland comes across really badly in the first episode which is why so many people didn't pick him. It's like: The Game: "Which of t

• Yes, you can truly hear the shock and betrayal in Rodrik's voice when he finds out with Duncan. Duncan was practically family as he 'knew him since he drew his first breath' and Rodrik is very emotional like 'WHY DID YOU DO IT AT ALL?!' The way he justifies it is really good as well as you really feel his frustration and desperation with Rodrik. Even Lady Forrester comments on Duncan's betrayal, while she doesn't with Royland. Russ Bain and Robin Atkin Downes did a terrific job in this scene.

Royland's version (which I cannot accept as canon, sorry) seems too.... mean. Duncan believes he did this to help House Forrester and is truly misguided in his actions. Royland seems to take pride in it and shoves it in Rodrik's face and seems to get off on telling him he's weak. Royland never even explained WHY he did it. Duncan at least tried to justify himself but Royland seemed to do it purely to spite Rodrik.

sigh Let's all be honest, it should have been Maester Ortengryn. In fact, I think it was but everyone guessed it so they changed it. Someone pulled up files that said 'Ortengryn reveal' in Episode 5.

Aye. I just feel that considering Duncan's tendency to go behind everyone's back, he would be capable of doing this. Also, his traitor scene was far more emotional than Royland's version.

• Yet Royland trains Rodrik to fight and then says he's a cripple 'who can barely hold a sword' and will gladly attempt to fight Gryff.

Neither one fit the role that well but at least Duncan has a history of going behind the Lord's back and if Royland had a problem he wouldn't have been that subtle, he would have flat out argued with Rodrik. But yeah him setting up the meeting with Gwyn was a really stupid move.

Ortengryn would have been predictable but made perfect sense and I think Lady Forrester could have been a very decent choice too, if you wrote it as an act of desperation to save Ryon.

No he doesn't? He arranged the meeting with Gwyn! 'This person says that she has crucial information to give Rodrik! Bleh, it probably isn't about the traitor that happens to be me...'

• edited May 2016

I'm not saying that Royland makes sense (he doesn't). I'm just defending Duncan that gets demonized a lot. And I'm not sure that sending his own nephew to the Wall with the intention to save is life is having a "history of going behind the lord's back". Oh, and Gared wasn't Ethan's propriety.

I think Lady Forrester would be the best traitor. It would've made the scene way more emotional.

Yet Royland trains Rodrik to fight and then says he's a cripple 'who can barely hold a sword' and will gladly attempt to fight Gryff. Nei

• Ah, fair enough then. Duncan did grow on me in an alternate save so I don't despise him.

And yes, Lady Forrester would have made for a great scene and it wouldn't be a massive plothole like Duncan or Royland. It would also have made the [Kill] or [Spare] choice tougher though I'm not sure if Rodrik would have been willing to kill Elissa.

I'm not saying that Royland makes sense (he doesn't). I'm just defending Duncan that gets demonized a lot. And I'm not sure that sending his

• Ser Royland Degore :)

• I chose Duncan because Lord Forrester trusted him with the secret about the North Grove.

• Royland Because he seemed more loyal than Duncan and he has experience in War and Strategies

Sign in to comment in this discussion.