Walking Dead: Days of Regret (Interactive Story)

12346»

Comments

• [Follow the glint]

Shiny... Likey. Great part!!

UCAAV29784 posted: »

[Linda] “I suppose…. If I had to, I’d probably trust him more. I don’t know why, but I- I think that the other one’s always been more dia

• Congratulations, @supersagig! You have made the 200th comment on this thread! In return, once the episode is over, the Character Submission will be back open! (Limited to two characters per person).

• Hey, Cool! Happy 200th bro!

Congratulations, @supersagig! You have made the 200th comment on this thread! In return, once the episode is over, the Character Submission will be back open! (Limited to two characters per person).

• Why thank you good sir! Next chapter should be out by tomorrow.

mr.quality posted: »

Hey, Cool! Happy 200th bro!

• [Linda] {Glint}

Linda, in a fit of desperation, edged closer to the glint of metal that was partially buried in the dirt. She moved her uneven fingernails into the dirt, clawing at the object and moving dirt aside. When at last she had finished unearthing the object, she reached into a ditch and tugged the object out. The shape was that of a rectangular object, dirt covering the identity of the shape.

“What IS this?” Linda muttered, dusting off the layer of dirt. What she found shocked her beyond her wildest dreams.

The object was a framed photo, black and thin frame with little detail. The picture was completely blank white for some strange reason. Upon noticing this, Linda’s brow raised, and she flipped the frame around, scanning the back for a panel. When she found the panel, she dug her dirt encrusted nails into it to try and pry it open. Though it did not require much effort, Linda took care to not destroy the frame. She lifted the smooth, black back panel out and gaped at the revealed photo before her.

It was a picture of six people standing in front of a seemingly insignificant motorhome, and yet, the photo was not insignificant, nor was it alien to Linda. She recognized each and every one of the people in the photo, from herself on the left, to Julia beside her, to Jakeline next to her, to Fred awkwardly in between Jakeline and Phillip, and, hiding on the right was someone she’d forgotten about: Thomas.

“Wow. This is just- wow!” Linda was recalling memories of a day long gone. “This was way early in the days of the infection, just a few days before everything truly went to sit.” Linda sighed. Suddenly, Linda’s eye locked onto something on the bottom righthand corner of the photograph.

Upon much closer inspection, Linda was able to see a name written there in barely visible pen.

“Thomas Sentouri,” Linda read aloud. An image of a shadowy bandit suddenly flashed into her mind.

“So what, Sentouri?” Linda remembered from the encounter just a little while ago.

“Thomas? He- he… Oh my god. What DID happen to him? I- I don’t even think he came out with us to the house. How did we forget about him? Especially for five years!?” Linda placed her hands on her forehead. “What the fuck is going on around here?”

[Matt and Dominic]

The first Walker fell down the stairs, crashing intern already overturned table, smashing into a fallen glass.

“Damnit! They’re gonna start coming now!” Dominic said. The fallen Walker was scrambling slowly to its feet. Another Walker, having been attracted by the other one, came into view around the corner of the stairs. “Nothing to it now.” Dominic pointed his gun at the second Walker, placing his finger upon the trigger.

“Dominic. Don’t shoot. If you shoot, the gas will be ignited by your shot. C’mon. Let’s walk out of here. I’m sure that there’s another way out of this. Remember what Blake said? Use the gas? Let’s quickly get outta here. We can find a way to get rid of these fucks in safety.”

“Alright. Let’s head out, then. You first.” Dominic eyed the ever increasing amount of Walkers amassing in the room. They slowly approached the two, and Dominic followed Matt out of the door.

“Oh shit!” Matt exclaimed.

“BANG!” Matt fired a shot at a Walker who had approached him.

“That was close!” Dominic said. “The fuck? His gun- the chamber should’ve slid back. He should be out of bullets.” Dominic whispered to himself.

“Okay. The way I see it, we’ve got three options.” Matt interrupted Dominic’s train of thought.

“They are?”

“We can fire a shot in there, see if that blows the place up, we could shoot at the stove, or, we could toss my lighter in there. What do you think?” Matt offered.

[Fire a Shot] [Shoot the Stove] [Toss lighter]

Wow. I guess this chapter came out earlier than I expected! No harm done, I hope. ;D Anyway, be warned: This is one of the final decisions of the Episode, and it will have profound effects on the ending. In a happier note, thank you guys for being and staying awesome!

-UCA

• [Toss lighter] Turn 'N burn baby!

Great part!

[Linda] {Glint} Linda, in a fit of desperation, edged closer to the glint of metal that was partially buried in the dirt. She moved her u

• Cool!

Congratulations, @supersagig! You have made the 200th comment on this thread! In return, once the episode is over, the Character Submission will be back open! (Limited to two characters per person).

• [Toss lighter]

[Linda] {Glint} Linda, in a fit of desperation, edged closer to the glint of metal that was partially buried in the dirt. She moved her u

• edited January 2016

[Linda]

“What the fuck is going on around here?” Linda exclaimed. “I-I-I..”

“KAAAABOOOM!” In just an instance, a large explosion engulfed the sky, blinding light emanating from it, flames licking the tops of the fever trees.

Linda’s eyes widened as she felt the full impact of heat blasting her face. And as her hands went instinctively to her face, Linda realized in her subconscious of the direction the explosion came from.

“FUCK!” Linda ran towards the subsiding explosion, holding her arms above her head to block any falling embers or ash. Though it took a long time, Linda finally made it to the debris of the group’s former house.

The building that had shielded them for over five years no longer stood tall. It lay in chunks all around the destroyed hillside with no soul, living or dead, present. She walked over to where the front door used to be, and saw many toasted corpses laying around underneath the fallen rubble. Her foot bumped against another pile of fallen rubble, exposing an old, trashed walkie-talkie. She picked it up, and, messing around with the frequency, moved the dial for the radio around until she was able to turn it to the group’s frequency.

“KSSSHHHHHHHH” The radio’s static echoed loudly, causing Linda to drop it.

“Fuck!” Linda bent down to pick up her radio and saw a bullet left lying on the ground. She grabbed both, tucking the radio into her left jacket pocket, eyeing the bullet. “Why would someone empty a bullet out?” She began to think. “Meh. Who cares? Free bullet for me.” She loaded the handgun in her other pocket with this new bullet.

She then set her sights on the radio once again, attempting to find the right frequency.

“C’mon. 214.3. 214.3 214. Done! There we go,” Linda muttered. “Hello? Is anyone there? Blake? Matt? You guys there?”

“KSSHHHHHHH!”

“Damn! C’mon, answer me!”

“KSHHHHHHH. KSHHHH- Hullo? Hello? Linda?” Blake’s voice suddenly came through.

“Blake! Yes… It’s me. The house- it’s gone!” Linda informed.

“So that was what- never mind; we don’t have time for that. Is Matt or Dominic or Hugo with you?”

“Uh, no. They’re not with you?”

“Damnit!!!” Blake yelled.

“Blake!” Linda heard through the radio.

“Yeah. Yeah. I know,” Linda heard. She prepared to speak when she was interrupted. “We’re north of the house by about a mile. Get over here as soon as you can.”

“But what was that about?” Linda questioned.

[Blake]

“It was nothing. Just get out here, okay. We need to talk about everything.” Blake said, turning to look at Cole, large and strong, holding Alice in his arms. He’d die if he knew that Dominic was missing. So Blake wouldn’t tell him.

“Ksssshhhhhhh”

“Oh fuck. Linda? Hey Linda?” Blake called out. “Uh oh.”

“KSSSSHHH…. GRAaaaaaaaarggg!” A Walker’s voice appeared on the radio.

“HEY! Get the fuck ba-.” Linda’s voice was cut off, and the radio turned to static again.

“Cole. We gotta go. Linda’s dead!” Blake began to freak out. He fell over and dropped the radio, scrambling, attempting to flee.

“Calm down! Linda’s gonna be- Hey. HEY! Linda’s gonna be fine. She’s not dead, just like we’re not dead, and how Dominic isn’t dead. YOU HEAR ME?” Cole began to slightly raise his voice. “Until they show, we have to stay here. Now sit back down on that log and keep watch.” Cole removed his hand from Blake’s chest, knowing that he would comply.

With no other options, and, rather than facing Cole’s denial, Blake sat down on the log, rifle in his hands, waiting for the group, or Walkers, or Worse.

[Matt and Dominic] (Just a short while ago)

“I’m gonna use my lighter. Get over the wall and start running.” Matt pulled out his lighter, then looked back to Dominic, who was almost completely over the wall. “Hey. Don’t get mad, but take this.” Matt gave Dominic his last bullet, no longer needing it.

“You son of a bitch!” Dominic exclaimed, right before Matt pushed him over the wall.

“Run like hell! Better me than you!” Matt flicked his lighter and opened the door. “Too close, shit!” His lighter had only sparked, and the Walkers were right at the doorway.

Matt hopped up onto the wall and flicked his lighter on one last time. It had been a gift from his wife, Marcia, and even had his name engraved: Kutcher. He stared at the glowing, orange flame, taking in the beauty of the flame, and looked into the doorway. They were walking out now, and one of them even was reaching for his leg.

“OH SHIT!” Matt snapped out of his nostalgia as a Walker grabbed onto his ankle, edging its head closer for a bite of his leg. “No choice. Goodbye.” Matt threw the lighter into the house and tugged his leg away from the Walker, its gaze and attention being drawn to the flame of the lighter.

One leg over the other, Matt lifted himself off of the wall, landing on both of his feet, running away, heading eastwards of the house, right after Dominic. One foot in front of the other, microseconds passing, Matt tried to escape the blast of the house, the first flame of the lighter quickly burning up the gas spread all throughout the house. And 10 feet away, the house exploded, waves of energy released, knocking Matt on his face as the lingering flames caught onto him. The last thing he remembered was the heat on his back.

“Matt! Get up! C’mon, we gotta go! I hear a-.” Matt’s ears drowned out the last word as his ears rung from the explosion. Dominic reached down to pick Matt up.

“Dominic?” Matt muttered.

“Yeah, it’s me. C’mon, buddy. We gotta make it to the-.” Matt still couldn't hear the last word.

Arm over shoulder, the two quickly tried to run after the mysterious noisemaker, Dominic in the lead. Matt looked over at Dominic’s face, determined and in pain; just like his own. ‘I nearly killed the sonuvabitch. Nearly. I’m glad I didn’t.’ He thought.

“You’re not looking too hot,” Dominic observed, noting that Matt looked burnt.

Matts disheveled face turned towards Dominic, swelled, red, and partially cracked, eyepatch nearly burnt to cinders, his eye socket almost visible. He read Dominic’s terrified face and said: “The stuff of nightmares, eh?” Matt chuckled for a split second and then collapsed.

“Matt. Stay with me!” Dominic lightly slapped Matt’s good side of his face. “C’mon! Listen.”

Matt did so and thought he heard the sound of a car engine. “Car. Need to find.” He said weakly.

“That’s right. Let’s go. We can’t be left out here to die. Get up!” Dominic tried to pull Matt up.

Matt, still weak, thought he heard the screams of Alice. And yelled out her name: “ALICE!” Matt, full of adrenaline picked himself up and ran towards the sound of the car.

“Now you’re getting it. We can still make it!” Dominic ran behind Matt, ready to catch him if he fell.

And as the two vanished into the forest, footsteps trailing off quickly, Linda made it to the house.

[Hugo]

Hugo’s head hit the top of the ceiling, causing him to stir.

“Gaaah! The fu-.” Hugo tried to string words together. He found himself in the back of a car, lying flat down on the backseat, head in some curly haired woman’s lap. He couldn’t see much, except for an orange haze outside the car, and saw the back of a brown seat, even darker, longer hair visible on the side.

The woman looked down at him. “Jaylen, Gina. He’s awake.”

Jaylen turned around from the passenger’s seat and spoke, “Wow. So he made it, did he? Can you hear us alright, man?”

“Yeah. Why- how- how am I here?” Hugo stammered, maneuvering himself to sit upright in the seat.

A young girl, presumably Gina, turned around from the driver’s seat and spoke to him as well, “We found you in that big old horde, covered in guts. We almost got eaten, but you took us and ran. Don’t you remember any of that?”

Hugo tried to remember, but everything was blank. “No.” He touched his face and tried to wake himself up. “I just remember sweating. No heroics or anything like that.”

“OH! So you just got possessed for a second, huh? I don’t think we can deal with Walkers AND ghouls,” the woman joked. Oddly, Hugo could’t tell if she was being sincere.

Everyone else in the car laughed until Gina touched her stomach as if in pain.

“You alright, sis?” Jaylen asked her.

“Don’t call me that!” Gina snapped. “But yeah. I’m fine.”

‘How did all of this happen and I don’t remember? Is- is my thing coming back?’ Hugo thought to himself.

“You know, you still haven’t told us your name, mister.” The woman informed.

“My name’s Hugo. What’s yours?”

“I’m Polly, and as you heard, that’s Jaylen-.”

“Hello!” He interrupted.

Polly ignored this and continued: “And that’s Gina. They’re my children.” She beamed.

“Wow. Who’s the father? I mean, you are pregnant, right?” Hugo asked Gina. All the eyes in the car looked away uncomfortably.

“Another time! Two walkers are headed this way, and faster than I ever seen!” Gina exclaimed, and started the car.

Hugo turned around and saw two lumbering figures stumbling towards the car. Milliseconds before the car began to move away with alarming speed, Hugo thought he saw Matt and Dominic.

“Wait! Those-!” Hugo began to say.

“Buckle up, dear. There’s a bumpy ride ahead!” Polly interrupted.

“But-but-.” Hugo stammered, unable to speak coherently. Unable to speak, he placed his hands on Polly’s shoulder, but only counted 9 fingers. “Oh my god! What the fuck is going on here?”

“Calm down, dear. Everything’s going to be fine!” Polly said right before Hugo passed out.

[Episode End]

Well, here it is now. Complete. The next episode is currently underway, and the character submit is open once again- two characters per person. Thank you guys for being awesome! See you guys once the next one comes out! -UCA

• Wow! That was great!!! And if character submit is open again, I'll submit soon.

[Linda] “What the fuck is going on around here?” Linda exclaimed. “I-I-I..” “KAAAABOOOM!” In just an instance, a large explosion engul

• It is, and thank you! Just gonna say though, a lotta stuff's going down next episode. Stay tuned!

Wow! That was great!!! And if character submit is open again, I'll submit soon.

• edited November 2015

Well, I guess here's my two.

Name: Raven Hopper

Skills: Good at drawing, plays piano, flute and guitar, exceptionally smart.

Personality: Raven is naturally independent and has problems when it comes to asking for help. She likes to always be working on something and feels useless if she isn't working. She is very opinionated as a person and has her ideas on how everything should be, but usually keeps them to herself. She is honestly a quiet person in general, preferring not to initiate conversations. She is a very down to earth person and is very relateable, she gets along well with most people and finds it hard to hold a grudge. She is very outwardly happy, expressing herself with smiles and laughter, but if you got to know her you'd see that she is very inwardly depressed and harbors a lot of hidden sorrow that is built up inside of her. She has problems dealing with anger, as she just lets it build up until she lashes out in a violent surge of anger, often times harming people around her, even if she doesn't mean it. The one thing she feels all people can relate to is music, she loves music in most forms and often times hums or sings songs to herself. She is very bashful and hates having the spotlight on her. She has problems with crediting herself after she's accomplished something. She often times feels insecure about herself, and has problems trusting herself sometimes. She is a very skilled individual with multiple talents that she doesn't know he has because she's afraid to express them. Her and her family were devout Christians, and she still believes. She deep inside longs to make a meaningful impact on the world, but doesn't know how. She feels like there is a difference between living and surviving and thinks people need to find a balance if they are going to live. She is also a vegetarian, preferring not to eat meat.

Appearance: Raven had long wavy black hair with Cognac brown eyes. She stands at round 4'9 and has fair skin. She is very skinny, but still maintains muscle. She has the occasional freckle on her face, but not a very noticeable amount. She wears dark blue skinny jeans with a long sleeve shirt and black sneakers. She wears a necklace with a cross on it.

Backstory: Raven was born the middle child of her family of five. Her mother was a school teacher and her father was a construction worker. She always wanted to be an architect and even when to collage to study it. High school was the pinnacle of her life, she really came out then and shined. She played sports like Cross Country and Basketball and was fairly good at both, but her best was always music. She was a natural from the beginning, finding it easy to play multiple different instruments. She joined her schools marching band and played the flute, she played the piano in the schools concert band and even acted in multiple of the school plays. She was well liked by many, but often seen as nerdy and an outcast by lots of people. She was always awkward around large groups of people and preferred to stay home and play video games. There were multiple times in her life where she was the victim of bulling and carried the weight on her own, until it got to heavy and she broke down. She practically ceased to function and was on the verge of suicide when her real friends stepped up and helped her back. She graduated top of her class from high school and went on to study architecture at MIT, where she made new friends and really stepped up for herself. Her friends admired her for how smart she was, and she ended up graduating close to top of her class in collage.

Name: Maya Clarke

Skills: She's good at lying, stealing and sneaking around places unseen.

Personality: Maya is very talkative and friendly, she enjoys the company of others and dislikes being alone. She doesn't like to talk about anything that happened in her past, and every time it's brought up she gets nervous and changes the subject. One of her biggest fears is dying alone, without anyone. She likes to get on people's good side, weather it be by proving her worth or just sleeping around. She never feels safe and always feels like she's in constant danger. She is very hot tempered and can be set off by almost anything. Her main focus is staying alive, then comes everything else. She knowingly will disregard peoples comfort and happiness if it will keep people alive. She is willing to kill as long as she has a reason. Nowadays most people see her as mean and heartless, she sees it as survival. She honestly hates being this way, and would love to change, but just can't do it alone. She has a slight slur to her speech that becomes more prevalent if she is anxious or tired.

Appearance: Short brown hair with bright blue eyes, she wears a leather jacket with a tight T-shirt and faded dark pants. She stands around 5'6'' and is skinny but muscular. She had tanned skin with a scar on her shoulder.

Backstory: Maya wasn't born to the best of families. Her parents were drug addicts and alcoholics, they rarely had money and were always moving from house to house. Her father commonly liked to get drunk and attack her and her mother. Maya often got in fights with her parents and got beat up by her father so bad once she ended up in the hospital for an entire week. Her father was arrested after the incident but her mother was able to keep custody. From there the drugs escalated. Her mother was reduced to nothing more then an addict, barely recognizable as human. One night as she lay starving and freezing on the floor of the run down apartment she lived in, she realized she needed to do something because there was no help coming. She dropped out of high school and began doing the easiest thing that came to her mind, stealing things. Maya began breaking into cars and stealing wallets, change, anything not bolted down. But this didn't satisfy her, she needed to take back from a world that had stolen so much from her. She began going bigger and dumber, breaking into people's houses and sheds. She'd steal just about anything she thought she could make money off of. But one day as she carried out her master plan, she got spotted. Apparently the family the had lived there left someone to watch the house while they were gone. She was shot straight through the Axillary artery and nearly bleed to death right there and then. They all said it was a miracle she lived, she saw it as a cure because she knew it meant she was going to prison. She was saved from prison by the apocalypse, and she took the chance to live again. She turned her back on her old self and became someone entirely new, seeing this as she was given a second chance.

It is, and thank you! Just gonna say though, a lotta stuff's going down next episode. Stay tuned!

• OMG THAT WAS AWESOME!

[Linda] “What the fuck is going on around here?” Linda exclaimed. “I-I-I..” “KAAAABOOOM!” In just an instance, a large explosion engul

• Wow. That's a tall order, but as they say:

enter image description here

Well, I guess here's my two. Name: Raven Hopper Age: 21 Gender: Female Skills: Good at drawing, plays piano, flute and guitar, e

• edited January 2016

Prologue:

[Raven]

The forest was quiet, save for the low moans of the dead, the rare song of the cricket, and for the pitter-patter of the living’s feet. Raven’s feet hit the ground noiselessly, no evidence of her being there present, save the breeze her sprint caused that shook the very trees themselves. As she passed a bush covered in blood, she grimaced, redirecting her path into a spacious valley, where the ruins of a mall stood towering.

Meanwhile, further back into the forest, the eerie atmosphere is disrupted by the noise of a dozen and two feet, each one soaking in the blood of the newly trampled bush, trapping a mixture of mud and blood inside their soles, unaware or uncaring of this detail, chase ensuing.

When her pursuers came in sight, tumbling out of the forest, one shouted, “Get her!” Raven’s head quickly turned around to eye up her pursuers. There were five men and two women it seemed, each carrying a different weapon of sorts, but features disguised from view while their hoods

‘I can’t outrun them. If those guys catch me… Who knows what would happen? I mean, I’ve thought about it before. I’d rather die than be tormented for their lustful desires.’ Raven thought to herself. She slowed slightly, sticking her hand underneath her the back of her shirt, fumbling to pull out her small revolver from the back of her dark blue, slightly dusty jeans. She grasped the cool, black weapon shakily in her right palm, and prepared to shoot herself, still in motion.

‘I can do this. I can do this. I can’t.’ Raven thought to herself, sighing, but stopped midway when a surge of adrenaline and fear coursed through her body. She turned towards her pursuers, facing the group in the moonlight, forest visible from afar, not a single walker in sight, and raised her gun on them instead. Her pursuers a mere ten feet away, Raven aimed at the front man and fired, screaming all the while.

“BANG! BANG! BANG!” She fired three shots at her pursuers with deadly accuracy, and one by one, her three victims fell to the ground, three of the men, each one stockier than the last, mysteriously, and as she maneuvered to shoot a fourth, her arm was smacked and held up as she was forced to fire, too close to her ear. As her ears rung loudly, Raven was punched to the ground, her pale skin already starting to swell, nose bleeding, barely noticeable freckles covered up by the new swelling.

Raven began losing consciousness, vaguely aware of the feeling of hands bound, turning her head to get a look at her newfound captors. The first was a handsome man with overgrown, wild brown hair. Under closer inspection, though, it became obvious that he had dead, grey eyes, as if nothing he saw could ever truly surprise him. When he saw Raven’s gaze, he moved his head down next to hers, eyes locking. Raven’s body was tense and cold while she waited in anticipation for something gruesome or gory to happen, her eyes studying the small, unthreatening nose of her captor, until she noticed specs of red visible across his face and nose. Her hidden fears and emotions surfaced as she tried to squirm away from the man.

He smiled, and his eyes changed from dead to malicious, whispering slowly in her ear: “Go to sleep,” cringeworthy and vile breath blowing in Raven’s face, and the last thing she recalled before everything turned to black.

[Maya] {The Beginning}

Maya saw a white light, and ordinarily, would’ve resisted it, but today wasn’t one of those days. Should she fully recover, she would be sent to prison. As her thoughts began to slip away, and as she tried to let them, she was shaken awake by an officer in blue. He was tall and pudgy with a thick brow slick with sweat.

“Get up. We’ve gotta go; we’re late,” the officer said quickly, often turning to glance behind him.

“Please… No. I don’t wanna- HEY! What are you doing?” Maya yelled in alarm, the officer trying to remove her IV tubes and take her out of bed. The officer put his hand over Maya’s mouth, shushing her. He looked behind himself once more, then, seeing nothing behind him, continued to help her out of bed.

Maya eyed the officer. He was damp with sweat, causing Maya to shiver. She had to get away from him. Something was wrong, and it obviously wasn’t them being late. The room was in a blur, painted plain white, shutters for the window closed, door wide open. If she could just get him distracted… A figure walked past the door.

“HEY! HELP ME! HE’S TRYING TO-!” The officer smashed his hand against Maya’s mouth, looking over his shoulder to see if anything was there. There was.

Maya saw a man with a limp silhouetted by the sun behind him. Could he save her? She wondered.

“Listen, sir. We need to get out of here. Hey are you listening to me?” The officer quickly drew his gun in some sudden realization. Maya took the chance and bit into his hand. “Gyaaaah!” the man screamed, turning his attention to Maya, and nearly forgot about the man.

The brave man lunged towards the officer, wrestling with him, seemingly much stronger than he. Maya even cheered. Oh, how she’d learn to regret that. Maya, still in a hospital gown, lunged out of the bed, heading towards the door, but halted when she saw bodies of dead patients, police officers, visitors, and even staff scattered all over the place. She looked back at the officer, forced on his back trying not to get bitten as the crazed man looked as though to eat him.

“Oh what the hell,” Maya rushed towards the officer and his attacker, and grabbed his shoulder, twisting the man’s head towards her. She’d been present at funerals before, and even the bodies there looked more alive than this man. Hell, even her mother, who’d been reduced to a measly addict looked more alive than he did. “What the fuck?” Maya smacked the dead thing off of the officer and proceeded to kick it. Every time the thing’s head hit the ground, it bounced back more angrily than before, until Maya finally kicked it into a corner of a shelf, piercing into its skull after many adrenaline-induced kicks.

“I guess thanks? Even though you kinda almost fucked me over there,” The officer thanked, bent over with his hands on his knees, huffing.

“Ah shit! You’re gonna charge me for killing that guy. Fuck.”

“In this case, you just killed him again.” The officer consoled.

“What does that mean?”

“Means this and all those other sons of bitches came back to life and wanna eat us and turn us into them!”

“Holy shit.” Maya gasped.

“Holy shit indeed. Alright, there’s a few bodies around of my colleagues. I suggest you get yourself a weapon, change, then get out. I gotta stay here for now,” The officer warned.

“What? Why?” Maya asked.

“Well, there’s another officer in here, and another one in a coma; can’t leave now. I’ve read up on your case. Helluva story. Anyway, I think you can handle yourself. The city, though- shit,” The officer shook his head, wiping his eyes. “Stay outta there.”

The officer began to leave when Maya asked: “What’s your name, though? I wanna know the name of the man who gave me a second chance.”

“Me? I’m Jeremiah Farrell. Family calls me Jerry.” Jerry the officer ran off down the hallway, taking a left out of Maya’s door.

“Hm. Jerry. I’ll have to remember that.” Maya walked to one of the bodies of the dead policemen, grabbing her gun. Maya took care to not look at the body too carefully. She didn’t wanna think about her mother right now. Maya walked down the hallway, taking a right instead of a left.

The hallway was dim and eerie, blinking lights and dead bodies sending shivers up Maya’s spine. After a while of blocking out haunting images, Maya stepped out of the hospital and into the light. Everywhere she looked, she saw death.

So there you have it guys. Prologue is complete. I felt it fitting for Maya’s backstory to start off from the beginning, (though this might not continue in the future.) Sorry for the wait, but I kept tossing ideas and rewriting a lot. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy! Next part is in the works. 

-UCA

• edited January 2016

Heyheyhey, sorry for not being around for these past few parts :-D I'm here now though, looking forward for more.

Prologue: [Raven] The forest was quiet, save for the low moans of the dead, the rare song of the cricket, and for the pitter-patter of

• Present day:

[Matt and Dominic]

“Hugo! HUGO! FUCK!” Matt screamed, inches away from the station wagon, and collapsed onto his knees. “Hugo,” Matt nearly sobbed.

Dominic, tired, enraged, and empathetic, walked towards Matt in the darkened, moonlit wood. He placed his hand on Matt’s left shoulder, and stumbled as Matt pushed him away.

“C’mon, man. We should go.” Dominic turned around and saw quite a few walkers heading their way. “Walkers, Matt! MATT!” Dominic looked back at Matt, and saw him being surrounded by a mob of walkers.

“Fuck you!” Matt whipped out his gun with alarming speed, and aimed at the nearest walker, quickly pulling the trigger on his dark gun. When the top of his gun slid back with no effect, Matt stumbled as if drunk, and, leaning into his punch, gave an excellent right hook to a walker, incredibly smashing its jaw off.

Dominic was struggling to reach the weakened Matt, forced to wrestle with a horrifying walker, glossy eyed, skull partially split, greying skin seemingly only a thin layer between skin and bone. Dominic reached into his back pocket and grabbed his gun, rotating it until he was holding onto the barrel, and pushed the walker down, smashing in its skull with the handle, blood covering Dominic’s face. Dominic looked back towards Matt after seeing that the walkers behind him were still far off.
    “Gyaaaaarg!” Matt yelled, beating down walkers that came near him. He was battering one harder than most, lunging closer, not paying attention behind him. “NOOOOOOOOOO!” He screamed, feeling a walker bite into his shoulder, through his heavy jacket.

Dominic tried to run to Matt, but found a large wall of walkers separating the two, all focused on Matt. Dominic turned, blood on his face, and looked back and forth between Matt to his right and the open clearing to his left.

“Matt…” Dominic muttered. ‘You won’t make it, will you?’ Dominic thought of his options. “God fucking dammit!”

[Run Away] [Push Through]

[Polly]

Hugo had woken up now, and was uselessly staring at his hands. He’d spent his whole life with ten fingers. It would be missed.

“Yo, Hugo? You all right?” Jaylen asked.

Hugo looked at Jaylen, seeing dark red cloud his vision. “Yes. I’m fine.” Hugo spoke cooly. “Where exactly are we going?” A hint of pretentiousness found its way into his speech.

“Well, we heard that there’s some kinda base of some sorts out here. Anyway, girl in the trunk’s our way in. She’s a long way from home, though. I heard her muttering about Atlanta or something. Also talking ‘bout a guy named Jerry.” Jaylen informed.

“Yes.” Hugo chuckled humorlessly. “I remember her talking.”

“Mom? You all right?” Jaylen looked worriedly towards his mother, having been reminded of her husband Jeremiah.

“I’ll be fine, son.” Polly reassured. Polly faced forward, trying to ignore the tears swelling up in her eyes.

Hugo, all the while observed the scenery, concocting plans to possibly abandon the rest of them, kill them all, or just think about what lay ahead. He glanced at himself in the mirror up front, his wild, brown hair starting to grow longer, a five ‘o clock shadow appearing on his face, small nose nearly obscured by his ever-calculating grey eyes.

“Whoa, shit.” Gina gasped in awe. The fortress ahead of them was one unlike Polly and her family’d ever seen. Giant walls thick and sturdy, towering above the edge of the forest stood tall, the only access appearing to be a metal gate ahead.

“Shove your jaws back up. This here’s a factory. Ain’t nothin’ compared to that huge mall back there. How do we get in?” Hugo looked around until he saw a guard about five feet tall watching them from atop the wall.

Hugo rolled down his window, intending to speak with the guard. When he opened his mouth to say something, he saw the guard turn around for a moment, and then the large gate began to rise. The gate rose with alarming sound, stopping on pegs along the way. When it reached a height that would just allow for the station wagon to squeeze under, it halted, and Gina drove inside.

“Here we go.” Polly sniffled, wiping a tear from her face.

Gina drove the car forward several feet, a safe distance away from the gate, and stopped the car. The group got out and eyed their surroundings. The factory was huge, concrete all around the ground, blocky, nearly windowless buildings obscuring the secrets within.

Hugo, on the other hand, eyed the group rather than the factory. Gina was short and round, roughly 4 feet by Hugo’s estimations, and sixteen years of age, long, wavy brown hair reaching to her posterior, blue, observant, widened eyes darting in all directions. Polly, on the other hand, was five feet, average height, short, brown, and curly hair reaching only to her chin level. She had green eyes, and clever at that. Jaylen, finally, was tall and skinny, possibly sickly due to a lack of food, owning short, untamed red locks and blue eyes that were nearly impossible to read. Jaylen, Hugo decided, would have to be closely watched.

‘Kinda like Blake,’ Hugo thought to himself, vision beginning to dim. He pulled open the car’s back left door and scrambled in, the moment his head touched the seat, he passed out, unconscious, the red cloud that had been in his eyes disappearing.

“What’s with Hugo?” Gina asked, obviously worried.

“He’s fine; been a long day, that’s all.” Jaylen consoled, seeing a person walking towards them, tall, dark skinned, and handsome, head shaven, and of a stocky build.

“What’s your business here?” The man asked.

“Um-.” Gina began to speak nervously.

“We’re here because we want shelter. We even brought a girl as proof of our commitment!” Polly negotiated.

The man looked Gina up and down and shook his head. “No. We’ll take a lot, but not a pregnant woman. They…. carry something we daren’t touch.”

Polly laughed nervously, twirling one of the buttons on her grey coat. “Oh, no sir. Not my daughter. We’ve got her in the trunk. Excuse me.” Polly squeezed past the man and opened the trunk, revealing the girl inside.

The man looked her up and down. “She’ll be perfect.” He leaned in close to the girl and whispered: “What’s your name?”

“Maya…” She responded.

He laughed a hearty laugh. “Oh, Maya. You just might save this place.”

[Hugo]

Hugo woke to the sound of laughter. He rubbed his head, then next his eyes. Looking out of the window, he muttered to himself: “How the hell did I get here?”

Past:

[Maya]

Maya had been walking for a while, and, by the looks of it, had reached a small, secluded neighborhood. The street was pretty much empty, save the occasional body, abandoned car, or bloodstain. The only exception was a stationary red car, headlights turned on, driver’s door opened, seemingly abandoned.

“SMASH!” a loud ruckus brought her gaze from the right to a house on the left, its garage door stuck, lowering for half a second, then smashing into the ceiling the next. Maya’s gaze was torn between the two sights, and she pondered the order in which to visit them, unable to move on, eternally curious.

[Visit the car first] [Visit the Garage first]

• [Run away]

God damn it Matt, you can't be bitten! Fuck. Fucking fuck. Running is probably better than dangering Dominic's life as well.

[Visit the car first]

Seems smarter.

Great chapter mate!

Present day: [Matt and Dominic] “Hugo! HUGO! FUCK!” Matt screamed, inches away from the station wagon, and collapsed onto his knees. “

• [Run Away]

[Visit the car first]

Present day: [Matt and Dominic] “Hugo! HUGO! FUCK!” Matt screamed, inches away from the station wagon, and collapsed onto his knees. “

• [Run away]

[Visit the car first]

Well what can I say? I forgot about this. I accidentally unfollowed it a while back I guess. Sorry bro.

• No problem. Me too. Lol who'd ever have thought that'd happen? I spent awhile digging through the general section, and more just dealing with high school.

Anyway, sorry for the wait, but school's been crazy lately.

[Run away] [Visit the car first] Well what can I say? I forgot about this. I accidentally unfollowed it a while back I guess. Sorry bro.

• I know the feeling man.

No problem. Me too. Lol who'd ever have thought that'd happen? I spent awhile digging through the general section, and more just dealing with high school. Anyway, sorry for the wait, but school's been crazy lately.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.