I don't get the hate

Comments

• There's no reason for a lot of people to respond to my comments or threads if they disagree, you don't see me calling them childish.

dojo32161 posted: »

No, it's the fact that he replied to Green, who was also stating an opinion of his own, essentially disrespecting it. Especially when there was no reason for him to reply, when he could have said it on his own comment.

• It's in all caps, and bold. If that's not childish then I don't know what is.

It's not childish, it's stating this is a waste of time when resources could be put into the already started series...It's not lying, just because it doesn't match your opinion doesn't make it's childish.

• He's trying to get his point across because apparently no one wants to listen to it and they keep bringing up their arguments of which we have to say the exact same thing we've been saying.

It's in all caps, and bold. If that's not childish then I don't know what is.

• They are blocking entire viewpoints and the optimists are receiving all the likes. :/

Clemenem posted: »

Apparently we can't or our threads we get deleted...

• Yes, but it was out of the blue, with no reason as to why he did it, and as Raging pointed out, in all caps, bold and with several exclamation points. It had nothing to do with Green's comment, who was complementing Raging and didn't say anything about it not being a waste of time.

There's no reason for a lot of people to respond to my comments or threads if they disagree, you don't see me calling them childish.

• Apparently we can't or our threads we get deleted...

What else will be here? We're just stating our opinions, we can do that.

• No one wants to listen to it, cause he's posted it on literally every thread. I don't blame them for ignoring him.

He's trying to get his point across because apparently no one wants to listen to it and they keep bringing up their arguments of which we have to say the exact same thing we've been saying.

• He's taking it too far, like most people here.

Green613 posted: »

No one wants to listen to it, cause he's posted it on literally every thread. I don't blame them for ignoring him.

• He fixed his bold and punctuation, is that better for you all?

Green stated that it was good he put there's no reason to judge and he put a reason we should...Seems rightfully placed. Although the add-ons were a bit too much but they are fixed now.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yes, but it was out of the blue, with no reason as to why he did it, and as Raging pointed out, in all caps, bold and with several exclamati

• Has others on the opposite side not done the same Green?

No one wants to listen to it, cause he's posted it on literally every thread. I don't blame them for ignoring him.

• Lemoncakes

I don't know why, but that was the worst for me. Probably the only person I'd consider an A-hole, besides the She-Devil, who must not be named.

Okay, just saying. I know, that's what people have said before, but like I said before it's a lot, and the minority probably feels oppres

• We need to let it die, it will spark up again. It's like a cycle, you can't stop it Raging and making threads like this only causes more arguments (Reference below).

Okay, just saying. I know, that's what people have said before, but like I said before it's a lot, and the minority probably feels oppres

• Okay, just saying.

I know, that's what people have said before, but like I said before it's a lot, and the minority probably feels oppressed right now, and I am really not looking forward to those kids getting on here. Sometimes opinions get out of hand, and it causes wars like the Lilly V Kenny, and Kenny V Jane, the megathread mega leave, the Sprocket incident, Zyke, Lemoncakes, Arvo hate. I have to at least some sort of peace offer out there to try and prevent these things. It doesn't usually work but it's worth a shot.

When you come up with a good discussion other than this idea sucks then make it... I know you like to keep peace but it's opinions, peopl

• I understand why people complain about it , but what difference it will make?

J-Master posted: »

Look, a Telltale Minecraft game sounds interesting, I don't know how it will play, but the thing is...the entire idea just sounds REALLY lam

• I think I can safely say no, lol.

Has others on the opposite side not done the same Green?

• Yet you see people calling us childish and trying to shut us up?

Green, there are two sides to every conflict, in different places they get different amounts of support. Per say here you all got a lot of support but in a different thread we might.

Honestly I'm tired of fighting about this...I just want this day to disappear...Along with this game.

I think I can safely say no, lol.

• We need to let it die, it will spark up again. It's like a cycle, you can't stop it Raging and making threads like this only causes more arguments (Reference below).

• Disappearing comments. I think we overflooded it XD

• I just want this day to disappear...Along with this game.

That's being childish, if you want all this to go away don't say things like this.

Yet you see people calling us childish and trying to shut us up? Green, there are two sides to every conflict, in different places they g

• and trying to shut us up?

I'm shutting people up? Are you serious Golden? People like you and J-Master are literally going into every thread telling people how much this game is shit and how much of a lame idea it is, I've tried to be civil at this point but seriously, it's gotten to the point where you aren't even speaking the truth anymore. I complimented Raging on this great thread he made, yet J-Master replied to me with something that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with my post, so forgive me if I try to "shut him up" as you say I'm doing.

Yet you see people calling us childish and trying to shut us up? Green, there are two sides to every conflict, in different places they g

• Well at least we're getting it all out, maybe if we over exhaust this topic then it will eventually just drop.

We need to let it die, it will spark up again. It's like a cycle, you can't stop it Raging and making threads like this only causes more arguments (Reference below).

• I don't see it happening but I'm almost tired out of fighting about it...Almost...As you can see...I got a litt...Passes out

Seriously though... I think this game is going to be horrible and I'm most likely going to state it a few more times on certain threads. I have a right to post my opinion where I want to within reason but all of this fighting is stupid. I say we all just calm down, and forget about this whole thing...I mean Minecraft...Because let's face it...This isn't coming for a long time.

Well at least we're getting it all out, maybe if we over exhaust this topic then it will eventually just drop.

• Hey, I do.

I just want this day to disappear...Along with this game. That's being childish, if you want all this to go away don't say things like this.

• As you can see the arguing gets out of hand.

We are both calm in our discussion and it's good, one of the few I've had today.

Again your opinion, I'm totally cool with it. I'm calm :P, the purpose of this thread was to keep things calm but it kind of did the opposit

• Again your opinion, I'm totally cool with it. I'm calm :P, the purpose of this thread was to keep things calm but it kind of did the opposite. Still getting everything out brings uniqueness to the forum, and that's what I like about this place, seeing different opinions, and arguing about it with other people.

I don't see it happening but I'm almost tired out of fighting about it...Almost...As you can see...I got a litt...Passes out Seriously th

• Then stop trash talking the game.

Hey, I do.

• Why?

I'm stating my discomfort about this idea.

Then stop trash talking the game.

• As you can see the arguing gets out of hand.

We are both calm in our discussion and it's good, one of the few I've had today.

Again your opinion, I'm totally cool with it. I'm calm :P, the purpose of this thread was to keep things calm but it kind of did the opposit

• That's fine, but if you keep saying it, it will never go away.

Why? I'm stating my discomfort about this idea.

• I like when it gets out of hand. You really learn more about the person you're talking too. Yep, I try to stay as calm as possible.

As you can see the arguing gets out of hand. We are both calm in our discussion and it's good, one of the few I've had today.

• I'm going to PM you something.

That's fine, but if you keep saying it, it will never go away.

• I'm going to also PM you.

I like when it gets out of hand. You really learn more about the person you're talking too. Yep, I try to stay as calm as possible.

• You know what? I like these mishaps that happen, it really adds a story to these forums. I guess we can label this as the Minecraft Announcement Debacle.

• I get what you're trying to say OP, but I think peoples...annoyance, about this is justified. This just came out of nowhere and is just a very odd choice for them to make.

This whole thing makes little sense. I'm mean from a money standpoint, Telltale is taking a kind of big risk, because for one; Most of the people who play Telltale's games since TWD, are most likely not going to buy it, so their "fanbase" is largely not there. As well as there being no granty that, let's face it, the little kids who play Minecraft are going to want it because it's going to most likely be such a far cry from the stroyless, build, smash formula of Minecraft they know. Though, they may just get it because it has Minecraft in the name, but then when they realise it's not like the Minecraft they know, they will most likely spam of the user review areas like on steam with bad reviews, and other people will see all the negative reviews, and that would turn them off to buying it.

But hey, who knows! It could be good, I will not get it, as I'm not in the lest bit interested in Minecraft, but It just seems like such an odd choice of an IP for them to pick when they really at this point could get a deal to make a game out of any IP they wanted, not to mention...The Wolf Among Us! EVERYBODY wants season 2!, but instead of announcing that....We get Minecraft. o:

I just hope this doesn't derail the steam Telltale has gotten since TWD, and fucks their mojo.

• I would probably be one of the few willing to try it. Especially after TTG announced and created a Borderland's adaptation (which I feel is an overrated franchise) I am willing to give this franchise a try as well because I've never played Minecraft and its something completely new to me. Without TTG's Walking Dead adaptation I probably never would had gotten into their show or comics either. I'm sure there will be enough Minecraft fans to seek out and play it for them to make a profit. But I don't care what Tell-Tale chooses to make as long as they continue with The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones series respectively for at least the next 5 or 6 years.... which might be approximately 2-3 more seasons of both.

• Minecraft's lack of a plot is exactly why they SHOULD be doing this. They're adding more to it.

But Borderlands DID have a story. BL2-A group of 4 (6 with DLC) vault hunters must find a vault to stop Hyperion CEO Handsome Jack, from

• edited December 2014

because there is no potential in minecraft at all it is literally about nothing i don't see how they can make hard decisions with this game i don't see how there can be any good lore they could have used to resources to make a game based off something better like star wars, bioshock hell goat simulator a telltale game series sounds better than this crap or they could have used these resources to make a sequel to other games that people actually want (back to the future 2, the wolf among us 2, sam and max 4 etc)

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2014

It's most likely just going to use the Minecraft aesthetic for an original story, like the Lego movie (since Mojang stated it won't establish a lore for Minecraft).

The Lego movie actually is pretty good, so even though I'm with everyone that this is a strange choice for Telltale for an intellectual property to license, I'm willing to wait and see the game before passing judgement.

Jewfreeus posted: »

because there is no potential in minecraft at all it is literally about nothing i don't see how they can make hard decisions with this game

• sigh

Just because Minecraft doesn't have a story, doesn't mean Telltale's writers can't make one. Isn't that how every story begins?

• I wonder what the uproar was when the developers of Sam & Max and Monkey Island announced that they were going to take on an ultra-violent drama series...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.