I don't get the hate

1235»

Comments

• To be honest I've never seen anything in my life that I'd call ugly. This looks like a pixelated cartoon and I love my pixels and my cartoons :3

Baldex posted: »

So just to clarify. Am I the only one who thinks this looks ugly? I'm not crazy, right?

• Mmh...true but you know people here don't really give people a chance till they play the game themselves.

prink34320 posted: »

I really don't understand how a fan base speaks for a game. The fan base only speaks for the fan base, you can't really judge a game by some

• Also true, what's worse than a game being judged by it's fan base is a single fan of the game being judged by the entirety of the game's fan base or the game itself.

iHeartTWD posted: »

Mmh...true but you know people here don't really give people a chance till they play the game themselves.

• It's such bad graphics (I know on purpose, but still) but it requires a good computer to run smoothly. It just eats your graphics card.

Bokor posted: »

As long as it doesn't make my eyes bleed. Minecraft's art style has always been one of its most unappealing aspects.

• I dont get hate either.

Afrer Minecraft Telltale should also make game about Teletubbies for same age group!!!

• From a recently successful Kickstarter:

We like big pixels. Huge ones. Pixels that have their own Zip Codes. Pixels a family of six could live inside of and still have room for Uncle Pete when he drops in unexpectedly on his way to the coast.

Yup. Very successful.

Baldex posted: »

So just to clarify. Am I the only one who thinks this looks ugly? I'm not crazy, right?

• Well, I don't get why is this game not to be the hate? I mean, this is Minecraft and this game is not for Telltale style or something like that. I know, how is good they are, but Minecraft.. seriously? Choices between what? I really don't see how Minecraft can be Story Mode by Telltale, sorry, I'm probably blind.

Alt text

• Why do those words sound familiar?

Kolkaa posted: »

Well, I don't get why is this game not to be the hate? I mean, this is Minecraft and this game is not for Telltale style or something like t

• I hop in minecraft will speak.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2015

There was an age poll in the Minecraft forum that yielded the following:

15 or younger: 20.59% (at 147 votes)
    15 to 21 years: 43.70% (at 312 votes)

That is pretty much exactly the age distribution I've seen in The Walking Dead "How old are you" threads.

I wish we had polls back.

I dont get hate either. Afrer Minecraft Telltale should also make game about Teletubbies for same age group!!!

• I wish we had polls back.

Ditto. :(

Vainamoinen posted: »

There was an age poll in the Minecraft forum that yielded the following: 15 or younger: 20.59% (at 147 votes) 15 to 21 years: 43.70% (at

• That Gif though.

Kolkaa posted: »

Well, I don't get why is this game not to be the hate? I mean, this is Minecraft and this game is not for Telltale style or something like t

• but we cant get rid of simlish!!

dojo32161 posted: »

it's like having a telltale Sims. That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea.

• Yeah, I think the majority of people don't actually realise the fan base is actually very open and not just consisting of 10 year olds.....

iHeartTWD posted: »

Maybe because of it's fan base? Since that's what I always see people complaining about.

• Omg yes! :D

prink34320 posted: »

My favourite is The Hunger Games servers, those are really fun

• Ahaha perfect XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY

• edited January 2015

But, that only determines age group of people writing on forums, which is always higher then real age group playing the game, because older tend to write on forums much then younger. People of same age groups of both games tend using forums more then some other age groups? Ok, but that info actually doesnt tell us anything...

Real question that should be asked (also on Minecraft forums) is this one: Who do you think are the target audience for Minecraft?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/discussion/160923-3-minecraft-questions?page=2

Take a notice what participants of Minecrat forums usually replied: 12-21, 10-30, 10-25, 7-13, 8 up...

Ask same question on Walking Dead forums. No one will ever reply Walking Dead is for 7-8 yo kids. Simply because its not.

There was an age poll in the Minecraft forum that yielded the following: 15 or younger: 20.59% (at 147 votes) 15 to 21 years: 43.70% (at

• borderlands had alot of lore, just look at the wikipedia. it has alot of lore that isnt told in the most obvious way but the lore is a thing that was writted. making a story out minecraft is like making a story out of candy crash. enders and the dragon and steeve has no lore, they just there in the world and kill each other.

• Thread: Why hate?

I really don't understand why you hating this game. Many of you said this game is for kid, this game is sucks bad, this game has no voice actor...
    Well lemme tell you
    1. If this game is for kids, then that will be orignal Minecraft, not this one. We don't know what is behind the curtain yet, it could be anything. So instead of rioting the forum, do something else, will ya?
    2. You think that if Minecraft's character don't have mouth they won't able to say anything?. No one will make a game that character will use the hand symbol all the time, or subtitle only. Now even a small group of peoples can make a Minecraft animation, and the character in those animation do have mouth and fingers. Telltale is better than them, so i can make sure with you that this game will be in top 10 games in 2015

• I dont dislike it I just think there were many better options than it. Also I like minecraft as minecraft it has no story and is about building thats kind of the point.

• Same here
    I think they will have a mission building house in the game

I dont dislike it I just think there were many better options than it. Also I like minecraft as minecraft it has no story and is about building thats kind of the point.

• Telltale doesnt really do "missions" and if they did it would always be the same house so its not really designing anything.

Same here I think they will have a mission building house in the game

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2015

Telltale hasn't conceived TWD for the age group that eventually constituted most of the players, that is true.

Getting back to more family friendly games will fix that conceptual problem without a doubt.

But, that only determines age group of people writing on forums, which is always higher then real age group playing the game, because older

• What's that fixation of storytellers with creating lore instead of adhering to previously established lore anyway.

borderlands had alot of lore, just look at the wikipedia. it has alot of lore that isnt told in the most obvious way but the lore is a thing

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2015

That's the thing though. The story of Borderlands wasn't crafted over one game. Gearbox created its story throughout two games (now four, including Telltale's), multiple promotional videos, and multiple DLC. Minecraft has had one game so far, and all of the DLC packs have just been skins.

Mojang wanted to have a game with a story line in the Minecraft universe (they came to Telltale (before Mojang was purchased by Microsoft), not the other way around). So, just as much of the story in the Borderlands universe was created in DLC and games (and the DLC for those games) after the first game (the first game was pretty story-lite, basically just setting up the premise of the universe and letting the player go at it), the same will be true for Minecraft.

borderlands had alot of lore, just look at the wikipedia. it has alot of lore that isnt told in the most obvious way but the lore is a thing

• Minecraft has a huge fan base, that is true. But, no, that doesn't guarantee huge sales, it really does not.

Of course it does :)) !! Minecraft is big brand.
    Many and I mean most of parents will buy it for their children, and what about grandmas dont forget about them.
    They will buy just because it has Minecraft writen on cover.
    11-12% of Minecraft gamers are adults ( I study mass media/games/management on UNI )
    And the rest will just cry and wait until parents/someone else buy it for them.

Ubisoft also made valiant hearts which was great but a sequel to it, will it come? Valiant Hearts was a memento of World War I havin

Sign in to comment in this discussion.