Stranded: interactive story

Comments

• [explain what's happening]

mr.quality posted: »

Marcus Bishop The SUV rocketed down the exit ramp and careened down the street. Had there been anyone else here, he probably would've kil

• Marcus Bishop

Marcus wearily lowered his pistol, aware of the scalpel in the mans hand.

"We just wanted to save my sister. These motherfuckers attacked us, killed a few of our people and left more injured. I don't want to hurt nobody, but if your going to deny me the right to save my sister I will fucking end you." Marcus briefly summarized. The man stared at them for a moment.

"Thank God your not those bandits. They attacked us to, shot Jim in the arm. Injured a bunch of others... What is the extent of the injuries?" He asked.

"Samantha here was stabbed in the lung, she is bleeding internally. It's not looking good. As for the other one, we don't know what's wrong." Thomas said.

"Wait, what do you mean it isn't looking good? You said you could help her!" Marcus demanded.

"I said I Might be able to help her. The knife did more damage than I thought." Thomas answered.

"But you said..." Marcus began

"Shut up! If were going to even have a chance at helping this young lady, we need to act fast. Do any of you have any medical knowledge?" The man asked.

"I do. I was head surgeon at Inova Fairfax in DC. The rest of them don't." Thomas said.

"So your Thomas Green? I've heard a lot about you. Doctor Samuel Richards at your service. The rest of you, please exit the room. I work best without an audience." The man said. Marcus reluctantly followed Jay out of the operating room and into the hallway.

"What now?" Marcus asked. He didn't trust this 'Doctor Richards' guy, but he didn't have much of a choice.

"Now we wait." Jay said, not what Marcus wanted to hear. Jay fished around in his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

"You cant smoke in here. Its a hospital, your a fucking police officer you should know this." Marcus said.

"Seriously, does it really matter anymore?" Jay asked. Marcus only replied with a glare. "Fine, fine. Be like that. I'll go outside." He mumbled and began walking off down the hallway. Soon he disappeared out of sight and Marcus was alone. Soon after this realization, Marcus rose from his seat and walked down the hallway after Jay. Marcus found him outside leaning against the wall, smoking his cigarette.

"I knew you wouldn't stay in there alone." Jay said, exhaling a cloud of smoke. Marcus didn't respond. "You know, I cant peg you." Jay said as he continued to stare off into the horizon.

"What?" Marcus asked.

"I thought I had you pegged. You were a stone-cold survivalist whose only interest was survival. Then you go off and do something like this and prove me wrong." He said.

"Hmph."

"Excuse me? Doctor Richards would like to speak to you." A new voice said. Marcus turned around and saw a woman standing in the front entrance. Jay quickly extinguished his cigarette and followed Marcus and the woman back towards the operating room where they found Doctor Richards.

"What is it? Is she alright?" Marcus asked.

"Huh? Oh, this isn't about her. Its about the other one. I was able to make a diagnosis." Richards said.

"What is it? Samantha's alright though, right?" Marcus asked. Richards sighed.

"Angela, from what I could tell, she is in a drug induced coma. There's no telling how long it will last and there's no real way to fix it, so here we are faced with a choice..." He said

"What kind of choice? And why wont you answer me?" Marcus asked.

"The choice we are faced with is, should we keep her alive or not. Angela might be in a coma from a day to forever... This is the apocalypse, we need to think of the effects. A person in a coma isn't doing anyone any good, and is wasting already dwindling supplies. I hate to be the person to tell you this news, but Mr. Green refused to tell his friends the bad news." Richards said.

"We aren't killing anyone." Jay barked.

"I'm deeply sorry, but Mr. Green made it very clear that the choice wasn't yours. The closest person to her here is Marcus, this choice is yours." Richards said.

Choice

[keep Angela alive]

[Let Angela go]

• [keep Angela alive]

ANGELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Awesome Chapter!

Marcus Bishop Marcus wearily lowered his pistol, aware of the scalpel in the mans hand. "We just wanted to save my sister. These mothe

• I'm so glad that these people indeed seem to be doctors. If anyone can save Sammy, it'll be them and that hero Thomas.

[keep Angela alive]

It's like Richards said, they can't tell how long it will last. Maybe she wakes up soon, maybe she stays in the coma forever, but in any way she does not deserve to die like that.

By the way, I noticed this in the main post:

Yuri Nascar (Bandit, dead (got what he deserved)

I do like the phrasing here :D

Marcus Bishop Marcus wearily lowered his pistol, aware of the scalpel in the mans hand. "We just wanted to save my sister. These mothe

• Where is Jake?

• [keep Angela alive]

D:

• thanks! I actually liked killing yuri.... hmm.

I'm so glad that these people indeed seem to be doctors. If anyone can save Sammy, it'll be them and that hero Thomas. [keep Angela alive

• places. doing things.

supersagig posted: »

Where is Jake?

• thanks!

[keep Angela alive] ANGELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Awesome Chapter!

• [keep Angela alive]

Great chapter :]

• Thanks!

finlander posted: »

[keep Angela alive] Great chapter :]

• [keep Angela alive]

I´m a bit distrustful with these doctors. I hope they will be able to save Samantha and Angela but I dont know if they will do it for free.

Awesome chapter!

• Alice Erwin

"Fuck! More on the left, Lucas watch out!" Alice yelled as she swung her gun to the left. One of them tackled Lucas to the pavement, but Alice quickly shot a volley of bullets through its head. It crumpled lifelessly on top of him. Alice scanned the area as Lucas pushed it off of him and rose to his feet.

"Thanks..." He said, looking at the dead body of the infected.

"Don't thank me yet. The gates still open, we need to get it closed before more show up." Alice said, and together the two of them ran off towards the front gate... Well, Alice hobbled to the front gate, her leg protesting the entire time. But she didn't care, she needed to keep these people safe. As they arrived at the gate Alice was relived to see no infected wondering in, but was horrified to see tons of infected shambling up the road towards them. Lucas quickly grabbed the gate and began pulling it shut, normally they would've used the button in the booth, but the bandits had successfully knocked out whatever was supplying power to this place... Probably some solar panels, not that it mattered now. Lucas slammed the chain link fence shut and wrapped a metal chain around it, placing a padlock he had found on it to secure it. Not a moment to soon. The infected slammed into the chained fence at full speed. For a moment Alice was afraid they would start climbing, but luckily it seemed like they didn't know how.

"Lets get back inside, they'll need our help." Lucas said. Alice agreed and began hobbling after Lucas. "I was almost afraid that fence wasn't going to hold." He said, it wasn't a question but Alice could tell he wanted reassurance that he was safe.

"It will hold." Alice said, although not to sure of her own words. There was a lot of infected, more than she could count. Not good... The two of them entered the warehouse, the place was in a state of panic. everyone was running around trying to help people, dead bodies were strewn across the room. Some cried as others collected themselves enough to begin restoring the room. Alice walked over to where Angelica sat on the floor, trying not to move. She sat on the floor next to her and watched the group clean the room. She notice Rodger up on the catwalk kicking the dead bandits to the ground below, each body landed with a disgusting sound. Philip and John moved the dead bodies one by one out of the Warehouse, laying them outside until only one was left. Johanna.

"Why did it have to come to this?" Angelica asked breaking the silence.

"These are some pretty shitty times. Bad people are going to be worse, good people are going to be bad." Alice said, watching as a group began gathering around the lifeless form that was Johanna.

"Just why?" Angelica asked again.

"I don't know. I really don't." Alice finally said.

John Bowman

Fuck. How did this happen? Just how? Him and Philip lifted Johanna's body off the floor and began walking out of the warehouse. They walked down the long line of bodies and laid her at the end of the line, next to Mark. These fuckers were going to have hell to pay. He didn't know many of these people very well, but he knew they stuck together. And that Marcus guy, he's out for blood. There's no denying that. Those bandits fucked with the wrong people, and they were going to pay for it. With their lives. John looked at the extensively long line of bodies.

"What do we do with them?" Philip asked.

"I don't know. Dump them into the ocean?" John said.

"Really? We aren't going to bury them?" Philip asked.

"We cant dig graves into pavement. And if you haven't noticed, this place is surrounded by infected." John said. Philip huffed, and the two of them picked up the first body and slowly moved it to the edge of the dock and threw it in the water. One by one the bodies disappeared below the surface of the water, with a sickening Sploosh. It pained John a lot to see Johanna and Mark just clumsily thrown into the water, but it was the best they could do. The sun was getting low now.

"what now?" Philip asked.

"Maybe we should-" John began, but was cut off by a sickening sound of metal grinding. He quickly ran around the corner of the warehouse and saw a horror of a sight. The gate was buckling. It was leaning wildly and infected began walking on the fence like it was a ramp and entering the dock. Soon the others caught on and they began pouring in. How many was there? Hundreds? Thousands? John reached for his gun, only to realize he didn't have one, instead he had a small pocket knife. He pulled it out and slowly retreated back to where he left Philip.

"This is bad. Very bad. Infected broke the gate down. There everywhere!" John said.

"Fuck! We need to warn the others!" Philip said, a little to loud. A single infected stumbled around the corner of the warehouse and spotted John and Philip. I made a series of clicking sounds as it rush towards John. Around ten other infected bolted around the corner in pursuit of the first one. John sank his knife into the first Infected's head, but when he tried to pull it out, realized it was stuck. He was caught off guard by a second infected, which grabbed his arm. John dropped his knife and grabbed the infected holding it away from him. Infected began swarming the area as the infected slowly overpowered John and began pushing him backwards until he stood on the edge of the dock. He looked over and saw Philip was in a similar situation a few feet away. Suddenly John lost his footing and fell backwards into the water, the infected followed him in grabbing his ankle and pulling him down. John attempted to break free, but its grip was to strong. No matter how hard he swam he still got pulled down. His last hope was Philip, but this hope disappeared when he saw a cloud of red floating in the water. His lungs began to burn, he needed air. All he could think about was air. But air was getting farther and farther away, as everything around him got darker and darker...

So, that's it for now.... Don't hate me to much :3

• Oh shit... Have I read that right that Philip was killed by the infected? Damn it, he might have been an asshole and nearly caused something terrible when he refused to believe Kevin, but he had positive qualities as well and I liked him. And apparently things don't look too bright for John either...

Though that makes me actually a bit reliefed about Sammy's current situation. After all, that was the main reason for Marcus, Jay and Thomas to take her and Angelica to the hospital and away from the horde of infected. And seeing how she has medical staff treating her wound, the warehouse group might be in far more severe danger. Damn, I hope not all of them die...

Alice Erwin "Fuck! More on the left, Lucas watch out!" Alice yelled as she swung her gun to the left. One of them tackled Lucas to the pa

• OH GOD PLS DON´T DIE GONZALES´S FAMILY PLS DON´T

Awesome Chapter!

Alice Erwin "Fuck! More on the left, Lucas watch out!" Alice yelled as she swung her gun to the left. One of them tackled Lucas to the pa

• D:

R.I.P Philip? No? Maybe? Probably ._.

• I'm going to try not to reveal to much, but, I'm going to say this; every one's screwed equally in different ways.

Oh shit... Have I read that right that Philip was killed by the infected? Damn it, he might have been an asshole and nearly caused something

• Thanks! Oh, and I cant make any promises.

OH GOD PLS DON´T DIE GONZALES´S FAMILY PLS DON´T Awesome Chapter!

• Without revealing everything; its a definite maybe.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

R.I.P Philip? No? Maybe? Probably ._.

• Alice Erwin

"Fuck! Help me keep the door shut!" Alice yelled as she forced all her strength into the door to keep it from opening. But none the less the hoard outside was slowly forcing their way in. Little by little the door creaked open. Alice could feel the hands of the infected clawing at the air inside trying to grab anything they could. She noticed Lucas starting to come over to her aid but had to turn her attention away as one of the infected grabbed her hair. She screamed as her head was pulled back towards the infected. She looked back at her friends for help, but everyone seemed frozen, except for the fact she no longer saw Lucas. Her eyes darted to the right and she saw him. Lucas was standing right next to her. He held a machete in his right hand. He lifted it up and looked Alice in the eyes. Her first thought: He's going to kill me! He swung the machete downwards and suddenly the pulling stopped. She pulled away from the door and looked back. On the floor where she had just stood was a pool of blood around a disembodied hand. Disgusting. She looked over at Lucas who was now chopping at the rest of the hands reaching through the door.

"Thanks." Was all she could muster.

"Get some of those crates to block the door!" He yelled in return. Alice raced to the nearest crate and began pushing it. Her leg hurt like hell, and she strained against the weight of the crate, but the weight soon lessened. Next to her now was Mary helping her push the heavy crate. Alice could see Lucas struggling against the door to keep it shut, now accompanied my his younger brother Santiago. Alice and Mary rammed the crate against the door and Lucas and Santiago stepped back.

"You think that will hold?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah. I think so. But now were trapped." Mary said.

"Not exactly. This is a warehouse, think about it. They have to have a way to get trucks and stuff in here." Lucas said.

"Yeah..." Mary egged him on.

"The loading doors. We can get out through the loading doors. We just need to get them open first." Lucas continued.

"Why wont they open?" Mary asked.

"Don't know. It cant be that hard though." Lucas said, then he looked at Alice and his expression sank. "Are you alright? Your looking pale." He said.

"Yeah. I feel fine. My leg just hurts like hell." Alice answered, with an obvious slur in her voice. Lucas looked at her leg.

"Shit. You ripped the stiches out. Your bleeding pretty badly." Lucas said. "Just sit down, and I'll get the stuff." He continued. "Mary, stay here and make sure she doesn't try to be a hero. Santiago, come with me."

Marcus Bishop

"We don't kill our own people. There enough people out there that want to do that already." Marcus said. The doctor, Samuel, pushed his glasses back up onto his face.

"I agree with your decision." He said.

"Now answer my damn question. How is Samantha?" Marcus growled at the man, he looked a little unnerved.

"Um, Doctor Green instructed me not to tell anyone. But, uh, I guess I could give you a brief overview if you want." He said.

"I want to, no, I need to know." Marcus said. Samuel took a breath and began.

"we put her under and took a look at what's happened internally. Green was very right on the fact that it was worse than it seemed. The knife punctured her lung and came within an inch of her heart. There is massive internal bleeding." He said.

"But you can fix it, right?" Marcus asked.

"We are trying. But it might already be to late. She's loosing to much blood, were going to need a transfusion." He said.

"Then why don't you just do it?" Marcus asked.

"Two reasons. One: We don't have any blood left due to the initial outbreak, and two: We don't even know her blood type." He said.

"A, A positive." Marcus said. It was kind of funny and strange he had memorized such facts about his sister, but now it was important.

"What about you? Are you A positive to?" Samuel asked.

"No. I'm not." Marcus said.

"I- I am." Jay said, who was silent until now.

"Really? This is good news. This might just buy her some much needed time." Samuel said, almost joyfully.

"Jay, would you do this for me?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah. I kicked your ass and threw you in a prison. Plus our plan got some of your people killed. Its the least I can do. Trust me." Jay said.

"Thank you." Marcus said.

"We should probably hurry. No time to waste. Jay, follow me please. Marcus, you can stay out here if you wish. Some of the nurses might swing by time to time." Samuel said. Jay stuck his hand out and Marcus gripped it shaking it firmly.

"I can never thank you enough." Marcus said.

"You don't owe me anything." Jay said as he followed Samuel into the operating room. Now the waiting begins... Again. Marcus looked down at his hand and noticed a small box in his hand. Jay's cigarettes. Why? I don't even smoke. He thought. He shoved the box into his pocket and took a seat on a bench that was in the hallway. Damn this is hard. At least the people back at the port have it better. Right?

• edited April 2015

These parts are getting better and better and more and more intense. It's good to see that not all of the group are dead, though I'm very worried for Philip and John. And now I'm worried about Alice too. Bleeding out is not good in a zombie attack, but at least Lucas knows what to do. On another note, Jay joins the band of heroes whom Sammy owes her life to should she survive. He's a great guy and far better than I thought at first!

At least the people back at the port have it better. Right?

You're tempting fate Marcus, you're tempting everyone's fate...

Alice Erwin "Fuck! Help me keep the door shut!" Alice yelled as she forced all her strength into the door to keep it from opening. But no

• Awesome chapter!

Hope Lucas and Santiago don´t die

Alice Erwin "Fuck! Help me keep the door shut!" Alice yelled as she forced all her strength into the door to keep it from opening. But no

• Thank you! I try my best to make parts the best I can. Good to see you like them.

These parts are getting better and better and more and more intense. It's good to see that not all of the group are dead, though I'm very wo

• Thanks, and This Is an apocalypse...

Awesome chapter! Hope Lucas and Santiago don´t die

• ...Stay tuned...

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Great chapter! But... ...Philip? ;_;

• Great chapter! But...

...Philip? ;_;

• ;~;

...Stay tuned...

• RIP Good People

Thanks, and This Is an apocalypse...

• Hey now, I never said anything about killing them.

RIP Good People

• Awesome chapter! I havent noticed the last chapter because this story wasnt under my followed discussions anymore for some reason but it was also awesome! I'm really starting to get invested in all of these characters, that is great! I hope that this story will now be under my followed discussions again because I dont want to miss a part again

• Thanks! Do you want me to message you next time I post a part so you don't miss it?

janitor posted: »

Awesome chapter! I havent noticed the last chapter because this story wasnt under my followed discussions anymore for some reason but it was

• Yes that would be great! But I think it worked because the story is in my followed discussions again.

Thanks! Do you want me to message you next time I post a part so you don't miss it?

• Alright.

Yes that would be great! But I think it worked because the story is in my followed discussions again.

• Yet

Hey now, I never said anything about killing them.

• Yet

Be like that then. XD

Yet

• Mary Green

"Oww... Fuck..." Alice whimpered as Mary examined her leg. Apparently the adrenaline rush from earlier had worn off since she was in a lot of pain right now. Mary looked closely at the wound, it was fairly large and spewing blood everywhere, staining Mary's hands crimson. The boys, Lucas and Santiago hadn't got back yet. Probably having a hard time finding anything here after the bandits came in and tore everything up.

"Hey, stop moving, you're going to make it worse." Mary said as Alice tried to move her leg.

"I don't know how much worse it can get." Alice said. Mary contemplated this for a moment.

"You know, my father was a Navy SEAL. You know what he always used to say?" Mary finally said.

"No." Alice answered bluntly.

"He always said, 'The only easy day was yesterday.' I always thought is was kinda stupid, but then this all happened and I realized how true it was." Mary said.

"Your point being?" Alice whined.

"It wont get any easier. That's a given Alice. We just have to get stronger. We have to work together, you cant always try to do everything on your own, that's what will get you killed in a time like this. You can trust us, were a community here." Mary said. Alice stared blankly at her for a moment, Mary was afraid she was about to say something to ruin everything she'd just said but instead she gasped and let out a yelp of pain.

"What? What is it?" Mary asked, looking down and realizing she had accidently moved her hand onto the gash. She quickly retracted her hand. "Sorry."

"Here, I finally found these." The voice of Lucas sounded from behind her. Mary quickly grabbed the supplies, not much. A half empty bottle of peroxide, some rags for bandages, a needle and thread for some hastily put together stiches. "It was the best I could do. You need anything else?" He asked.

"Yes. Hold her leg. Santiago? Where are you?" Mary asked.

"Right here." Santiago said.

"Good. Watch the door, make sure nothing gets in. This is going to hurt." Mary said, looking at the supplies in her hand and at the bleeding leg of Alice... Yes, this was going to hurt.

Marcus Bishop

Marcus took a deep breath, it burned his throat and stabbed at his lungs but he held it in for a little bit longer before exhaling a cloud of smoke.

"I thought you said you didn't smoke." A slurred voice said from behind him. He turned around and found Samuel pushing Jay in a wheelchair towards him. Jay looked pale, and a little strange holding a package of crackers with a carton of apple juice.

“I don’t.” Marcus said throwing that half smoked cigarette to the ground and stomping it out.

“It went well. Her body accepted the transfusion. We’ve bought ourselves some time.” Samuel said.

“Alright, so now what?” Marcus asked.

“Now we are faced with a new predicament… Currently we have just enough supplies to keep ourselves alive, with the amount we’ve been sharing with you we’ve quickly run dry. You might now realize how much it takes to keep all these people alive and healthy.” Samuel said.

“What’s your point here?” Marcus asked.

“I want you to help us. Our supplies are almost gone, they weren’t the best from the beginning, but now… Marcus, I’m only asking this because its important, if we run out of our supplies people die. Your sister, she’s extremely strong, but even the strongest people can starve, even the strongest can die of infection.” Samuel continued.

“What do you want?” Marcus asked.

“There’s a small store just east of here, we haven’t been able to get in because of infected. It has food, it has medicine. It has what we need. I need you to clear the place out. Get the infected out, then let us take care of the rest. What do you say? Please, this isn’t just for me… You haven’t even seen the upper floors of this place, we have a large community here and a lot of them are sick, they need the medicine, your own sister needs the medicine.” Samuel said.

Choice

[Refuse to get the infected out]

[help get the infected out]

• I got a new part up!

Yes that would be great! But I think it worked because the story is in my followed discussions again.

• [help get the infected out]

Samuel is right. Hopefully Marcus can get them out of the store without much trouble.

Mary Green "Oww... Fuck..." Alice whimpered as Mary examined her leg. Apparently the adrenaline rush from earlier had worn off since she

• [Refuse to get the infected out]

Mary Green "Oww... Fuck..." Alice whimpered as Mary examined her leg. Apparently the adrenaline rush from earlier had worn off since she

• edited April 2015

[help get the infected out]

Sure, it's a risk, but if it helps to save Sammy and a lot of people on the upper floors it's a risk worth taking.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.