Stranded: interactive story

Comments

• [help get the infected out]

mr.quality posted: »

Mary Green "Oww... Fuck..." Alice whimpered as Mary examined her leg. Apparently the adrenaline rush from earlier had worn off since she

• [help get the infected out]

Mary Green "Oww... Fuck..." Alice whimpered as Mary examined her leg. Apparently the adrenaline rush from earlier had worn off since she

• Mary Green

She was right, it did hurt. Apparently it hurt enough to make Alice pass out. But that didn't really matter now, since she got the bleeding stopped.

"Guys, I think their coming back..." Santiago said.

"Get away from the door. It should hold them back, like it did last time." Lucas said as a loud pounding on the door started. Note to self, loud screams attract infected. "What do we do now?"

"Uhh, you said something about a loading door? Do you think you could get it open?" Mary asked.

"Of course I could get it open, but if I'm going to do that I might as well open that door and let the infected in right now." Lucas snapped.

"Hey, your the one that brought it up." Mary snapped back.

"I was in the middle of freaking out!" Lucas yelled.

"Hey, shut up you two!" A new voice yelled. Mary looked over and saw Rodger approaching.

"She started it..." Lucas mumbled.

"I don't give a shit who started it. Its only been what? Three hours? More? You should've seen some of the shit me and my squad went through before this. Spent days locked up in the same room. And I can tell you its the begging of the end when people start fighting, because when people start fighting people start making stupid plans and stupid plans get people killed." Rodger said.

"What? You have anything else we could be doing right now?" Mary asked.

"Well, now that you mention it. Yes. There's a way out of here from the roof. Its not easy, and its a long drop. But it is survivable, I've seen people walk away from worse. If we can get someone down there, they can draw away the hoard out there, and that will give us enough time to get the hell out of here." Rodger said.

"So, you want all of us to jump off a building is what I'm hearing." Mary said.

"No. Only one of us needs to jump. They just need to make enough noise to draw them away from the warehouse, then we can get out through the door." Rodger said.

"So we need to pick someone to jump off a building." Mary said.

"Precisely." Rodger said.

"And what are the guarantees that the jumper will survive the ordeal?" Mary asked.

"Next to none. I've monitored the hoard out side, and its huge. Whoever goes will be separated from the group, and we might never see them again." Rodger said.

"So were sending someone on a suicide mission." Mary sighed.

"Exactly." Rodger said.

"Then I'll do it." A weak voice said, Mary looked over and saw Alice. Her short red-dyed hair had an unusual even more red hughe to it, Mary saw it was blood in her hair.

"Alice, your in no shape to do this." Mary denounced.

"Mary, I've fought of pirates in the Mediterranean,hell, I've been shot at least twice. I retook a ship that was infested with Pirates, I've gotten a lot of blood on my hands, maybe its time for the universe to be balanced back out." Alice said.

"You cant even walk." Mary said.

"I can walk if I want to. If I'm going to die, I'm going to do it my way. Protecting people that deserve it." Alice said.

"Seems like you've already made up your mind." Rodger said.

"Your Damn right." Alice responded.

Choice

[Let Alice go]

[Attempt to come up with a new plan]

Sorry for the fact this part sucked, I fell asleep while writing and forgot what I was actually writing, so I ended up with this...

• [Let Alice go]

Mary Green She was right, it did hurt. Apparently it hurt enough to make Alice pass out. But that didn't really matter now, since she got

• edited April 2015

[Attempt to come up with a new plan]

I think even though Alice seems to be determined to do it she is just not suited for this. Her leg is already wounded, there is no guarantee that she won't hurt it even more and that she will be in any shape to draw the horde away from the warehouse after jumping from that building. However, I also fear that they won't come up with a new plan, so I am really torn here and might even change my vote later

Mary Green She was right, it did hurt. Apparently it hurt enough to make Alice pass out. But that didn't really matter now, since she got

• Attempt to come up with a new plan

• [Let Alice go]

I dont think they will find a better plan in such a short time

• [Let Alice go]

;-;

• Marcus Bishop

"Great fucking job! Man, we would've never been able to do that on our own." The man said. "How did you even do it?" He asked.

"I set off a car alarm a few streets away. They follow noise. It will keep them away, but not forever. Better hurry and get everything." Marcus said. The group of men began walking into the store, they were mainly doctors and nurses. Not that that mattered to Marcus. He slid comfortably back into the drivers seat of his car and closed the door, the quicker he got back to the hospital the better. He stared the engine and began driving back the direction he came. He wasn't far, maybe twenty minutes away. But he still didn't like it, being away made him feel helpless, dependent. The countryside continued rolling by as he rolled down the window and allowed the fresh air to seep through. Up ahead on his left, he spotted a pharmacy. Strangely he hadn't noticed it on his way in, probably because he was busy making a plan on how to get the infected out... But regardless, he pulled the car into the pharmacy's parking lot and killed the engine. He threw the door open and drew his pistol, slowly approaching the door. He nudged it open and looking in. The place was filled, with everything. Pills, bandages, everything. He did a quick scan of the building from the front door and saw nothing, so he proceeded inward, picking up a shopping basket on his way in. He began to fill the basket with everything that seemed important. Disinfectant, yes. first aid kit, yes. Kids vitamins, no... His foot suddenly nudged something and he jumped back looking down at what he'd just kicked, realizing it was a dead body. How did he not notice this earlier? He looked at the body, what did it die from? Starvation? Dehydration? His question was answered when he looked closer and saw an empty bottle of pills in the dead mans hand. Marcus quickly proceeded to leave the building, if they wanted the rest of it they could do it themselves. He threw the basket in the backseat of the car and got back into the front, starting back to the hospital. Counting the minutes and miles.

He wasn't expecting anyone to be waiting for him when he got back, but when he arrived Richards was standing out front, looking a little agitated and concerned.

"There you are. Where have you been? My guys said you were on your way back almost an hour ago." Richards said.

"I made a pit stop, got these for you. Also, there's a cleared out pharmacy about ten minutes from here, fully stocked." Marcus answered, handing the basket to Richard, who took it and smiled as he sifted through it.

"This is good. very good. I'll tell my men to get what they can from there." Richards said. "Thank you."

"Yeah, now. How's my sister?" Marcus demanded.

"That's just the thing. I have no idea." Richards said.

"What the hell does that mean?" Marcus barked.

"Well, while you were gone, Samantha took a turn for the worse. I have no clue what brought it on. Thomas kicked me out and told me to wait for you." Richards said,

"Is she... She's still alive right?" Marcus asked.

"She was when I left. Her condition is very critical." Richards said.

"What now?" Marcus asked.

"We ask Thomas." Richards said.

"Her condition is continually declining. Something went wrong somewhere." Thomas said.

"What can we do?" Marcus asked.

"Nothing here. They don't have the necessary equipment." Thomas said.

"So what do we do?" Marcus asked.

"We cant do anything. I'm sorry. We can see to it that she passes quickly and painlessly." Thomas said solemnly.

"No... No, it can.. we can just give up. There has to be a way. There has to..." Marcus started. "We can... We can, um, how about..."

"Marcus. We cant." Thomas stated.

"No... It cant just end like this. It cant!" Marcus yelled.

"Marcus, this is the end. I know its hard to comprehend, but you need to pull it together so you can be there for her in her final moments." Thomas said.

"Thomas, Marcus... There is a way." Richards said, butting his way into the conversation.

"What way? Please tell me. I've explored all possible options." Thomas said.

"No you haven't. There. Is. A. Way." Richards began. "Just across the river, in the mainland. There's a hospital. Much bigger than this one. We jut need to get across." Richards said.

"What, you want us to go fire up the passenger liner? That will take way to long." Thomas barked.

"No. We have a helicopter. We can use it to fly across... One way only. We wont have enough fuel to get back." Richards said.

"That's fucking stupid. Getting trapped on the mainland is suicide." Thomas said.

"Maybe. But at least there's a chance over there. And in the end, it Marcus' decision." Richard said looking at Marcus. "What do you want to do?" He asked politely.

[Take the helicopter across]

[Stay]

Rodger Navy

"Alright, Alice. You sire you can handle this drop?" He asked, as he looked over the edge of the warehouse. It definitely was a long drop, but if he did the math right, Alice would be able to angle her fall into the dumpster, which would cushion her fall. Then all she needed to do was run across to the parked car and drive away, making as much noise as possible. And maybe if everything went right , and the moon and the stars aligned, They would be able to find Alice, Alive, afterwards.

"I-I can do it. I know I can." Alice said, limping up to the edge alongside Rodger. He could tell her leg was hurting her vary badly.

"You don't have to do this, You know that I can do it." Rodger said.

"I.Can.Do.It." Alice hissed.

"Alright, alright. You don't owe anyone here anything." Rodger said.

"Stop trying to get me to back out. This is my choice." Alice said, Rodger definitely admired her. She definitely had guts. That was for sure.

"Whenever your ready." Rodger said, feeling more nervous that he probably should.

"I-I'm ready." Alice said. She stepped up on the ledge and poised to jump, but Rodger grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Thank you for doing this for us. Your saving a lot of lives." Rodger said.

"I-" Alice began, but was cut off when Rodger proceeded to kiss her. It was more true that he would like to admit, he liked her. After a few moments, she pulled away, gasping for air. Rodger swore he saw a tear in her eye. "I'm Going to miss you." Alice said, her voice failing a little.

"This isn't the end. I will find you." Rodger said.

"Don't make promises you cant keep." Alice said.

"I promise. You will not be left behind." Rodger said. He could see silent tears streaking down her cheeks, as she stepped in and embraced him tightly. When she pulled away, she didn't look back. She stepped up onto the ledge and looked down, brushing a strand of her bright red hair out of her eye.

"Goodbye. Rodger." She said, as her voice cracked.

"Until we see again." Rodger said. And with that, Alice took one step and plunged over the edge of the warehouse with a contained yelp. Rodger heard a crash at the bottom of the warehouse and rushed up to the edge and looked over. There she was, in the dumpster. Alive. Rodger watched from above as Alice climbed her way out of the dumpster and into the parking lot. Limping badly as she ran. Rodger held his breath as if it would change something. He saw her disappear around the corner of another building and his heart sank, knowing that she was really gone now. He looked up when he hear the sound of a car starting. A slick black Cadillac slowly drove through the far end of the parking lot, towards the front gate. Loudly honking its horn. Rodger watched as a few infected took attention, then more, and more. They began clambering after the car... After Alice. The Cadillac turned out of the front gate and drove away, still honking its horn, with the infected in tow. Rodger could feel the warm tear streaking down his cheek, but refused to admit its existence. He continued watching until the car disappeared out of view. He felt someone place a hand on his shoulder.

"Its for the best." It was Italo. Along with a few others.

"Is it? Is it really? Is this who we are now? Sending people out to die for our fuck ups?" Rodger growled.

"We'll get her back man. We'll get her back." Italo said. The group gathered near the edge and stared at the seemingly endless hoard of infected as the late afternoon sun burnt its way through the sky towards the horizon. She's out there somewhere, scared and alone... We'll get her back.... Somehow, someday...

• [Take the helicopter across]

Awesome Chapter!

Marcus Bishop "Great fucking job! Man, we would've never been able to do that on our own." The man said. "How did you even do it?" He ask

• You read really fast... Like very fast...

supersagig posted: »

[Take the helicopter across] Awesome Chapter!

• When i commented i just read Marcus´s part

You read really fast... Like very fast...

• Oh... That makes sense. You read the other part to right?

When i commented i just read Marcus´s part

Oh damn it... I mean, I'm glad that Alice is alive for now and that my fears regarding her were unfounded, but Sammy continues to worry me immensely. That is an awesome rollercoaster of feels right there and a very strange mix of being relieved and being worried.

Marcus Bishop "Great fucking job! Man, we would've never been able to do that on our own." The man said. "How did you even do it?" He ask

• Yes :P And it´s cool too

Oh... That makes sense. You read the other part to right?

• Thanks! :D

Yes :P And it´s cool too

• awesome rollercoaster of feels

This means I'm doing something right!

[Take the helicopter across] Oh damn it... I mean, I'm glad that Alice is alive for now and that my fears regarding her were unfounded, b

Great chapter! The hospital plot has me on the edge of my seat, its so awesome!

• Thanks!

Indeed, it's absolutely amazing!

• Hey guys, it me! I like to just check in every once in awhile... So,

I would like go know...

1.( how do you like the story so far? What do you like the most?

2.( what do you like least? What would you like to see more of?

Also I would like to know your favorite character and why...

• Indeed, it's absolutely amazing!

awesome rollercoaster of feels This means I'm doing something right!

My eyes actually got kinda watery... That was really fucking sad :'c

• It was actually pretty sad to write.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[Take the helicopter across] My eyes actually got kinda watery... That was really fucking sad :'c

• Thank you! I try my best to make suspense!

janitor posted: »

[Take the helicopter across] Great chapter! The hospital plot has me on the edge of my seat, its so awesome!

1. It's honestly amazing. You've done some really great parts and overall I think this is one of the best stories on here! I personally love your writing style. It's very detailed, well played out and just generally well done.

2. I know criticism can help when writing and you're looking for some, but I honestly can't think of any. I want to know what happened to Philip, if the counts :x

Hey guys, it me! I like to just check in every once in awhile... So, I would like go know... 1.( how do you like the story so far? Wha

• Thanks hope! And as for Philip... All I will say is stay tuned...

NoHopeLeft posted: »

* It's honestly amazing. You've done some really great parts and overall I think this is one of the best stories on here! I personally love

• 1.( how do you like the story so far? What do you like the most?

I love every part of it. It's one of my favourite stories here and I'm always excited for the next part. What I like the most is the huge amount of twists this story has. There's so much stuff happening and I can hardly predict what's going to happen next.

Very hard question. I don't think there is stuff I like the least. And I don't know what I'd like to see more of. It's all really good stuff!

Well, I guess it's obvious that it's Samantha for me. The continuing hardships she has to face triggered my protective instinct. Besides, I just like her character for being snarky and a bit more light-hearted than many other characters. I also like Alice and think she is pretty cool. And Kevin was a great guy who made a lasting impression despite his untimely death.

Hey guys, it me! I like to just check in every once in awhile... So, I would like go know... 1.( how do you like the story so far? Wha

• 1.( how do you like the story so far? What do you like the most? EVERYTHING

2.( what do you like least? What would you like to see more of? nothing and i would to see more of Santiago and Lucas

• Also I would like to know your favorite character and why... Andre because he was a hero

1.( how do you like the story so far? What do you like the most? EVERYTHING 2.( what do you like least? What would you like to see more of? nothing and i would to see more of Santiago and Lucas

• 1.( how do you like the story so far? What do you like the most?

Its awesome! I like your writing a lot and at the moment I like the hospital storyline the most

Nothing, its a great story!

Maybe Samantha for similar reasons as LiquidChicaoted and because she reminds me of my little sister. I also like Marcus he has a lot in common with me. Also Jay and Roger are awesome.

• edited April 2015

Thanks! And yeah, Andre was a great person... Also I'll see what I can do to work in more of Lucas/ Santiago in.

1.( how do you like the story so far? What do you like the most? EVERYTHING 2.( what do you like least? What would you like to see more of? nothing and i would to see more of Santiago and Lucas

• Thanks! I never really expected anyone to like Jay. I made him on accident really...

janitor posted: »

1.( how do you like the story so far? What do you like the most? Its awesome! I like your writing a lot and at the moment I like the hosp

• Thanks! Kevin was one of my favorites to write, sadly I killed him off a lot earlier than I should have.

1.( how do you like the story so far? What do you like the most? I love every part of it. It's one of my favourite stories here and I'm a

• Alright guys, Marcus is going to Take the helicopter across into the mainland... If you would like to make characters for the mainland, now would be the time since it might be awhile until I get a new part up.

• Name: Mariza Peron

Class: Totally off-boat

Appearance

Likes: Tranquility, women (yes, she is lesbian), drinks, sunshine, books, games, company, kids, etc.

Dislikes: Men (especially perverts), being alone, monsters (also known as infected), night, noises, you, etc.

Job: She was a saleswoman in a supermarket.

Skills: No skills at all, only in a matter of wisdom.

Relations: Prefer only her group itself.

Other info: As you already know, she's lesbian.

Alright guys, Marcus is going to Take the helicopter across into the mainland... If you would like to make characters for the mainland, now would be the time since it might be awhile until I get a new part up.

• Thanks! And feel free to make as many as you want!

TheUnkGuy posted: »

Name: Mariza Peron Age: 24 Class: Totally off-boat Appearance Likes: Tranquility, women (yes, she is lesbian), drinks, sunshine,

• Marcus Bishop

"We're going. If there's a chance, I want to take it. Thomas, I understand if you want to stay here. You have family, and I respect that." Marcus said.

"I... I don't want to leave them here. Alone." Thomas said.

"I understand. Keep them safe." Marcus said. Thomas looked to the floor.

"Thank you." He said.

"Alright. We need to hurry. Marcus, use the stairs and head to the roof. I'll meet you there." Richards said.

"But what about..." Marcus began.

"I got it handled. Just get to the roof." Richards said.

The view was amazing from the roof. He could see for miles in every direction. He admired the setting sun for a moment before the silence was broken.

"Shit, hurry up. The group wasn't to happy with my decision." Richards said as he burst into the scene with Jay. They were pushing someone on a gurney. Samantha. She was covered in a blanket and only her face was visible. She looked horrible. Her skin was almost as white as the blanket. She looked so frail, like she would just break if you looked at her wrong.

"Marcus! Come on!" Jay yelled as he threw the helicopter's pilot door open. Marcus opened the bay door and climbed in. Richards hoisted the gurney in and closed the door behind him, and began to strap the gurney into place.

"GO! Now!" Richards yelled to Jay, who started the helicopter. Richards climbed into the co-pilots seat. The helicopter slowly lifted off the roof, and Marcus saw just Why Richards was in such a rush. A large group of people poured out onto the roof, luckily unarmed. But they were throwing small rocks and anything they could get their hands on.

"For fucks sake, what the hell did you do?" Jay questioned.

"I kinda stole a helicopter from them...." Richards said.

"What the hell man? I think I'm starting to like you." Jay said.

"Don't get cocky. Your flying a fucking helicopter... Which I stole." Richards said with a chuckle.

"Just show me the way." Jay said, as he began flying the helicopter towards the mainland.

"Its just over there." Richards said, pointing out the windshield.

"Finally, something goes right!" Jay exclaimed.

"She's going to be fine, Marcus." Richards said.

"I-I don't know how to thank you." Marcus said.

"You don't need to. I wanted to leave this island since forever. And this is the most fun I've had in years! Um, not to downgrade the situation." Richards said. Marcus gazed over at Samantha. 'You're going to be fine.' He whispered under his breath.

"How long?" Marcus asked.

"We're coming over land now." Richards said.

"I owe you a drink." Marcus said. Richards laughed.

"Oh shit." Jay spoke.

Oh shit, indeed.

Alice Erwin

'Keep running. Keep running. It doesn't matter how much it hurts, just keep running.' She said to herself as she limped down the road. She had to abandon the car a few blocks back after it abruptly shut off and wouldn't start. Alice wasn't sure if the hoard was even following her, but she didn't want to stop and find out. She looked up into the sky, it was going to be dark soon. She needed to find a place to stay for the night, somewhere safe. She looked around for any type of safe haven. There were none in sight. Only a few small corner stores that looked ransacked and destroyed. no doubt the infected would easily get inside. But maybe the roofs.... She took a second to look around for anything that would help her get onto the roof. She saw nothing, but heard a noise behind her. Infected. She bolted down a nearby alleyway and kept running, her foot got caught on something and she fell. She looked back, yeah. The infected were definitely following her. She forced herself up and continued limping down the alleyway, her pace now slowed by the pain. She turned the corner of the alley and to her horror, came to face a dead end. She could hear the pitiful noises of the infected just around the corner. Franticly she began looking around, there was no way she was getting over the wall. No doors, no windows. A complete and utter dead end.

The first infected shambled around the corner and looked directly at Alice with its horrible green eyes. It let out a groaning sound before in continued approaching, with its friends right behind. Alice pulled her pistol out of her pocket and shot the nearest infected, then the next, and the next. She kept squeezing off rounds until the all to familiar click, click, click was all she heard. This was the end. But no, fate would have it different. A found clanking sound filled her ears, She looked to her left. A ladder had just seemed to appear into her vision. Without much thought she began climbing. She looked up and saw the figure of a hooded man looking down at her, she tried to say something but he just disappeared.

Alice collapsed onto the roof, breathing heavily. Once she caught her breath she looked around.

"Hello?" She called. No one answered. Suddenly she heard a loud clank behind her and watched as the ladder she climbed fell to the ground. Now she was trapped. "Hello? Is there anyone there?" She called out, where did that man go? Alice walked around the empty store roof, looking for anything or anyone. But she found nothing. But a piece of paper taped to a HVAC caught her attention. She ripped it off and read it.

'Some people deserve a second chance.

Jake K.' Was all it said. Who is Jake K? It couldn't be... Jake Kutcher. It was him. But why would he help her? He was a murderer? Wait... What if he brought me up here to kill me? She thought but her thinking was cut short when the sound of a helicopter's blades piercing the air filled her ears. She looked around, then saw it. A small helicopter was flying across the water towards the mainland. Who the hell had a helicopter here? The hospital, maybe. Wait, Marcus was at the hospital. That could be him. Alice feebly lifted her hand and halfheartedly waved at the helicopter as if it would see her from such a far distance. She watched as the helicopter made it across to the mainland. But it seemed to be trailing something. Smoke. A lot of it. Alice watched in horror as the helicopter began spiraling out of control downward. Its rotors bursting into flames as it fell. What the hell is happening? The helicopter plummeted to earth picking up speed as it fell, then disappeared behind a skyscraper.

Alice just stood in shock, unable to comprehend what had just happened. Where did that helicopter come form? Who was in it? Are they alive? So many questions filled her head, as they were suddenly mixed with others. Am I going to die up here? How long will it take for me to dehydrate? To starve? What if Jake kills me? What if I am infected? What if...

Alice sank to her knees with tears in her eyes, not truly sure why. She was trapped on a rooftop, no food ,no water, no friends. The tears rolled down her cheeks and onto the roof, she knew she would dehydrate faster if she cried. She just didn't care. There was no way they would find her in time. No way.

I'm back! Sorry for the wait. I've been studying for exams, and I was out all weekend.

• OH MY GOD SAMANTHA ,.ALICE

MYGOD AWESOME CHSPTR

Marcus Bishop "We're going. If there's a chance, I want to take it. Thomas, I understand if you want to stay here. You have family, and I

Sign in to comment in this discussion.