Children of the Cataclysm (Interactive Story)

Comments

• And he is one of the people that are part of the Children of the Cataclysm. He is in a prison

Great observation skills.

• Hey, I never said he's in a prison, glad to see you using your guessing skills.

supersagig posted: »

And he is one of the people that are part of the Children of the Cataclysm. He is in a prison

• [Go to the door]

Never go down a dark hallway. Never!

Great start, defiantly like it so far!

Awakened 1-1 Gunfire, screams, bombs going off, and the smell of death all around. A man stands in the middle of field on fire, he's wear

• edited February 2015

Cormac? as in Shay patrick cormac? (Assasins creed Rogue my favorite assasins creed game)

Slider? as in Sliders? (90s tv show which was awesome and one of my favorite shows ever)

I love them already :)

Like I promised, here are three characters. Hope you like them! Name: Cormac Cameron Age: 28 Codename: Harlequin Faction: Chil

• Awakened 1-2

The man walks towards the door whie stumbling everywhere. He gets inside and sees it's a small bathroom...There's a cracked mirror and blood on the walls.

???-What...What happened here?

He gets to the mirror and looks at himself. He's a black man in his early 20s with a small beard.

???-GET UP DAVID!

He looks around but sees no one. He then starts zoning out and seeing flashig lights, he falls to the ground but not before he sees a man open the door in shock. He wakes up on the battlefield again, he sees the man in grey screaming for him to get help. David runs over and lifts up rubble off of him.

David- Commander Andrew!

Andrew- David, get to the dropship.

The two run through fire and rubble slowly getting to a dropship.They soon notice pods dropping from the sky. The pods land very close to them and Andrew and David jump into a building close to them. The pods open to reveal soldiers in Special Ops uniforms.

David-Who are they commander?

Andrew- They're called The Children...They were created after the great war began to keep the peace.

David- Are they on our side?

Andrew- They don't take sides unless it helps them...if we don't attack them then we should be okay.

David- Let's go.

Suddenly a group of soldiers in Red jump down from buidling and shoot at The Children. The Children shoot them all quick and with great precision. One of the soldiers run up to a Child and tries to stab him but the Child knocks him down and shoots him in the face. Just then a large Juggernaut jumps off from the roof of the building that David and Andrew are in and land right outside the window that they're looking out of. The juggernaut runs straight at the Children and they focus fire on it.

Andrew- This is our chance.

Andrew runs outside and to the dropship sitting at a small hill close to them. David then runs out after him. The two keep running until David looks behind him and sees the Juggernaut kill one of the Children and then throw another one. The juggernaut picks up the last Child and holds him in his grasp.

David- Commander we have to help them!

Andrew- They're super soldiers, they'll be fine.

Just then one of the soldiers in red jumps Andrew and attempts to drive a dager into his throat.

Andrew- HELP!

Choice

[Save Commander Andrew's life]

[Save the Child of the Cataclysm's life]

• Hmmmmm, I'm gonna go with.......Save Commander Andrew's life

Awakened 1-2 The man walks towards the door whie stumbling everywhere. He gets inside and sees it's a small bathroom...There's a cracked

• Any reason?

Saltlick123 posted: »

Hmmmmm, I'm gonna go with.......Save Commander Andrew's life

• I like him and he's kewl....

Any reason?

• Not a lot of people saw this story have they?

Hmm...Maybe advertisements should be used.

I like him and he's kewl....

• Not a lot of people saw this story have they? Hmm...Maybe advertisements should be used.

• [Save Commander Andrew's life]

Awakened 1-2 The man walks towards the door whie stumbling everywhere. He gets inside and sees it's a small bathroom...There's a cracked

• [Save commander Andrew]

Great chapter!!

• [Save the Child of the Cataclysm's life]

Awesome Chapter!!!

• LOL

@ComingSoon

• [Save Commander Andrew's life]

• Awakened 1-3

David runs over and kicks the soldiers off of Andrew and shoots him in the face. He then helps Andrew up and the two look as the Juggernaut snaps the Child's neck and throws the man's body across the field. Andrew and David run towards the dropship and jump on just in time for the doors to close and for it to be taken up into space. Andrew collapses on the floor of the drop ship. David takes a seat.

Andrew- Hell, fighting for the Empire is hard as hell uh?

David- It's what you expect.

Andrew- Thanks for saving my life, I know it was a hard choice.

David- Not really.

Andrew- Thanks, don't know if I should take that well.

David- So...They sent in the Children.

Andrew- Mean bastards, but hell, doesn't look like they solved anything did it?

David- No...Well we lost Tientra.

Andrew- Just another colony to the States. What's left of it anyway.

David- They didn't exactly try to perserve the colony.

Andrew- They tried to take it from us. They just want to make sure people know we're failing.

David- So what's the plan?

Andrew- Head up to the ship, eat, sleep, wait till we get to Axtirmus Prime. Life of a soldier.

David- You probably need the rest.

Andrew- Don't we all. Listen, you rest up, this war will be a long one.

The drop ship makes it to the Assault Crussier U.E.N. Terminus. It lands and everyone gets out. Andrew walks away and a soldier walks up to you.

???- Hey David.

David- What's up Tony?

The soldier takes off his helmet to reveal a 23 year old man with long blonde hair and a soul patch on his chin.

Tony- Shit, I think I pissed myself down there.

David laughs with Tony.

David- I think the Commander almost shit himself, I saved his life.

Tony- You getting a promotion?

David- If only.

Tony- Well while you had a party saving his life, Nicholas the Wraith was yelling at us for letting that colony fall.

David- He is alive?

Tony- The fucker will outlive all of us. He's going to the gun range to shoot stuff.

David- Probably.

Tony- So what are you going to do?

Choice

[Mess hall]

[Gun Range]

[Cabin]

[Stay in Hanger]

• [Gun Range]

Awakened 1-3 David runs over and kicks the soldiers off of Andrew and shoots him in the face. He then helps Andrew up and the two look as

• [Mess hall]

Awesome Chapter!!

Awakened 1-3 David runs over and kicks the soldiers off of Andrew and shoots him in the face. He then helps Andrew up and the two look as

• [Gun Range]

• Awakened 1-4

David- Might as well see what's up with Wraith.

Tony- Do you have a death wish?

David- Maybe.

David walks away and throughout the hanger. He soon looks to his left which is the area where the ships come in and a bright light blinds him only to be pushed away. David then looks up and sees a young kid with black short hair and brown eyes looking into his eyes with a flashlight. The 15 year old boy jumps back when he sees David awake.

???-Uncle...He's awake.

A man with gray slick hair walks out. He is in body armor and limps.

???-David...David...Long time no see...Well...Long time for me.

David- who are you?

???- It's me, Andrew, Iron Back Andrew.

David- What? How? You're old. Why did he call you uncle?

Andrew-That's because I was awoken 50 years ago. After the Fall of the Empire.

David- Fall of the Empire? But...No...

Andrew- I forgot...You lose your memory when you get out of statis. Well...I guess I should let that come back over time.

David- Just tell me something...How long have I been out?

Andrew- The Empire fell 100 years ago, your memories should be about...20 years before then...We went asleep around 15 years before...So...100 plus 15 equals 115. So about 115 years.

David- Man, being so old must make you slow, you took five minutes to explain that.

Andrew- Don't judge.

David- So...Where are we?

Andrew- The Cold Prison.

David- Are we on an Ice planet?

Andrew-...Sort of.

David- Hmm...Maybe I should look.

Andrew- Go ahead, or you could stay in the safety of here.

Choice

[Get up and look]

[Sit and learn more]

• [Sit and learn more] I wanna know more about what's going on, lore, events, etc. I'm very interested.

Awakened 1-4 David- Might as well see what's up with Wraith. Tony- Do you have a death wish? David- Maybe. David walks away and

• [Sit and learn more]

Awakened 1-4 David- Might as well see what's up with Wraith. Tony- Do you have a death wish? David- Maybe. David walks away and

• [Sit and learn more]

• [Get up and look]

Awesome Chapter!!!

• Awakened 1-5

David- No, I think I'll listen.

Andrew- Smart, You'll find nothing out there. The planet is deserted. Wasn't always deserted.

David- Tell me everything.

Andrew- Sorry kid, I'll tell you a few things but...The rest you got to figure out on your own.

David- Why?

Andrew- Because I'm an asshole...And because if you don't relieve the past then you'll go into shock. That's not fun.

David- Fine, what can you tell me?

Andrew- Well...What I could figure out was that The Empire fell, beaten by the States. The homeworld was bombed and destroyed, nothing left except for a few survivors. If the Children were still around then we could've saved them but sadly we weren't. The Retari came, made the old Empire Homeworld of Axtirmus Prime their new homeworld. They enslaved and destroyed the survivors.

David- The Retari?

Andrew- Aliens, they were let loose on our world, The damned Crimson Men let them loose. Now the States didn't care because right after The Empire was destroyed well, they went into a civil war again over who would lead. This only broke them up further. Now The States broke up into Merc groups. Well one of which we made...The Titans. These people were great people, we made them in order to prepare for the Retari but...Fuck, these people turned bad quickly. After we left they went into chaos, the leaders we made were killed. The whole place turned crazy. Then there were The White Wolves, these people were made after the whole fall of The States. They were made in order to protect civilians, guess what happened? That didn't make much money so they turned on their leader, now they made the civilans pay for protection. Then there are The Revengers...What a stupid fucking name. These assholes were created from The Crimson Men. Apparently these people think that WE caused their old order to fall, as much as I wish this to be true, it isn't. They blame us, whenever we attempt to come back and create our order anew to protect people, they come and destroy us.

David- Wow...We don't have much on our side?

Andrew- Not in the slightest...Except...Well, there are people willing to help us. However the new leaders won't allow that. There's nothing left now in governement except for independent colonies and the mercs.

David- What about the Retari?

Andrew- I've had a few run ins with them. They're ugly, monsters out of the old fairytales. They are strange, some are monsters, they want to destroy us but...some want to help us. I don't know much because my only contact with them was killed a while ago. It's all pretty much blind right now.

David- So...Who is this kid?

David points at the kid.

Andrew- This is Santiago, one of the few survivors of the last time we were wiped out.

David- Wiped out?

Andrew- Yeah, we got a few supporters but The Revengers came, killed us all and only a few of us got back here. They went into cryo-storage.

David- Can we get them out?

Andrew- Sadly no. These things, they're weird. They only open up sometimes.

David- Well...What can I do to help?

Andrew- First things first, let's find a way to get off this moon!

End of Chapter

• Great chapter!!!!

Awakened 1-5 David- No, I think I'll listen. Andrew- Smart, You'll find nothing out there. The planet is deserted. Wasn't always deser

• Welll im finally done with my study-the-story sesion time to have some fun............

Awakened 1-5 David- No, I think I'll listen. Andrew- Smart, You'll find nothing out there. The planet is deserted. Wasn't always deser

• edited February 2015

Here we go. First up:

Katherine Cutter

Codename: Crimson

Faction: The Revengers

Personality: Katherine is highly pschotic and VERY violent. She constanly disobeys direct orders prefering to go head on. She shows little to no mercy unless she finds the person "interasting". She has been shown to enjoy torturing people and occacionaly lets people she tortured live as thanks for the enjoyment. She has no care for the Revengers ideals or code and sometimes even the mission rules if she finds them too boring. She however does care for those that have touched her in an emotional level. Once she killed a man for putting her favorite enemy 'out of his misery' and during the long and painfull death she stated that he had killed someone she cared for. Infact many of the members state they saw her crying the next two nights.

Appearance: She has dark red hair (used to be black but she altered it)and light green eyes. She mostly wears a self made combat suit.

Way of fighting: She normally starts shooting and throwing various explosives around. She then goes for close combat with dual bladding with swords. If that proves too ineffective (or boring) she will turn to hand-to-hand which mostly ends the fight VERY quickly. She prefers to go in solo as she feels others either get in the way or hold her back.

Other: Due to her skill and unpredictablity she is only sent on high profile jobs as a last resort. She is also always sent with a team to 'keep her under control'.

• You love psychopaths. :P

How many are you going to make? Hopefully a good lot.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Here we go. First up: Katherine Cutter Age: 26 Codename: Crimson Faction: The Revengers Personality: Katherine is highly psch

• 2 things

1. Is this the same Golden that told me "No do not make serial killers"

2. Yep but they are more complex than average pschycos. Most of them arent even compleatly evil and some can even be redemable if the writter goes that way. I try to make them interasting to read about and write about :).

You love psychopaths. :P How many are you going to make? Hopefully a good lot.

• Yes, for that story since I didn't need known serial killers in the group.

Now, don't do too many psychos. Have some other types of people, it's the future, not Borderlands.

2 things * Is this the same Golden that told me "No do not make serial killers" * Yep but they are more complex than average pschyco

• Okay i get it

And you obviously ignored number 2. I make them complex not unholy evil (most of the time).

Yes, for that story since I didn't need known serial killers in the group. Now, don't do too many psychos. Have some other types of people, it's the future, not Borderlands.

• Alright, I hope you give me a lot of people. Don't have much to work with. :P

Okay i get it And you obviously ignored number 2. I make them complex not unholy evil (most of the time).

• That is sad :(. I WILL AID YOU WITH COMPLEX CHARACTERS :D

Alright, I hope you give me a lot of people. Don't have much to work with. :P

• Add some of your special spice to my story.

That is sad . I WILL AID YOU WITH COMPLEX CHARACTERS

• i will :)

Add some of your special spice to my story.

• Ill give you more tomorow (gotta sleep sry) so think on Katherine for now :).

Add some of your special spice to my story.

• Night.

Ill give you more tomorow (gotta sleep sry) so think on Katherine for now .

• edited February 2015

Second one:

Jake Xerphes

Codename: Rouge

Faction: Children of the cataclysm. Formerly the Empire.

Personality: Jake is constantly searching for redemtion for his deeds as an empire member. Since he was a higher up and one of the best many still resent him (and sometimes even try to kill him). He is haunted by his past. Most especially the moment that made him betray the empire when an army he was protecting slaghtered a camp of children (actual children). He is calm , collected and charismatic. He has however no paitience for 'evil' doers and mercylessly ends them.

Apperance: Brown hair and beard. Dark brown eyes. Scar on his left cheek.

way to fight: He mostly likes to assasinate hidden using various hiding places and creative assasination methods. He however is very skilled in solo combat. But is terrible at shoting.

Other: He is the second place for killing most Children of the cataclysm solo. He as empirial killed A LOT of soldiers.

• OMG Golden i just noticed something:

Katherine Cutter Codename Crimson 's Kinda Crazy

ALITERATION GOD

Night.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.