The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• Thank you, One day it might get better, I've just lived most of my life screwing shit up.

Markd4547 posted: »

Life is a gift you must learn to love yourself being that negative is making you feel that way. Try to be more positive and please don't I h

• Never let yourself think that you are worthless. Every human being's life is worth it. You seem like a really cool guy. I almost went there, but I sought out help, whether they knew it or not, from my friends and family. Believe me, suicide doesn't solve any problem. You can be a strong person, I believe in you.

Alt text

So, I wake up every morning, and I say the worst shit about my self, and I've been contemplating suicide. I think I am the most useless piec

• Thank you... You know, I've been the biggest asshat ever on this site, so It makes me... Just, so unbelieving that you guys would say this to me. Thank you so much, I don't deserve this, but thanks. :)

ComingSoon posted: »

Never let yourself think that you are worthless. Every human being's life is worth it. You seem like a really cool guy. I almost went there,

• Not all doctors are horrible people.....

They are all horrible people. Also politicians.

• How much are they paying you to say that?

Not all doctors are horrible people.....

• Maybe you just have more friends than you think :)

Thank you... You know, I've been the biggest asshat ever on this site, so It makes me... Just, so unbelieving that you guys would say this to me. Thank you so much, I don't deserve this, but thanks.

• I love shopping online- it's convenient, I get to stay in my jammies, and browse things far faster than I could in a physical store. One of my favorite online stores is Barnes & Noble, a company that retails in books but tons of other things too. But I really do love browsing the store and seeing the books/other merch in person. I have a pretty big one not too far from where I live and I could walk around that store for hours.

BUT even in the big store the selection and variety of books is not to my liking. I'm a huge hardcover snob, and I refuse to buy paperback unless it's a graphic novel or a companion novella to a hardcover series. But in the store, they sometimes will ONLY have the book I want in paperback, have the first in paperback and the second in hardcover, or don't have the first book at all yet have the rest of the series. And that's only if i find the book I actually want.

My biggest complaint, however, is the fact that the Barnes & Noble website and physical retail store have separate pricing polices. Basically, the actual store keeps everything at retail price while the online store offers big discounts (and because I'm a member) free shipping. Why make the trip for a $19 book when I can be absolutely sure the website has it and pay $12 for it?

Strangely specific rant, but its been bothering me and declining the quality of my life by approx. 0.0000675%.

• No, I would die and not give a single cent to those vultures.

I've met incredibly kind doctors who are very passionate for their work. They strive through years of medical school and rigorous studying a

• I've met incredibly kind doctors who are very passionate for their work. They strive through years of medical school and rigorous studying and you'll be grateful when something goes wrong and they fix it. I mean really, are you gonna get your appendix removed with some craft scissors and salad tongs on your dining room table?

How much are they paying you to say that?

• Maybe I do... :)

ComingSoon posted: »

Maybe you just have more friends than you think

• First world problems :p Use a different website or email the website your complaint but its awesome to see your passion for books its a fantastic hobby :)

I love shopping online- it's convenient, I get to stay in my jammies, and browse things far faster than I could in a physical store. One of

• As someone who's needed to get their appendix removed, I have to say, a burst appendix is not a very pleasant way to go.

No, I would die and not give a single cent to those vultures.

• Please tell me about all the pleasant ways to go you're familiar with.

As someone who's needed to get their appendix removed, I have to say, a burst appendix is not a very pleasant way to go.

• You wouldn't have to go at all if you didn't think all doctors were horrible people.

Please tell me about all the pleasant ways to go you're familiar with.

• You know it's because of the competition. Barnes & Noble online has to compete with Amazon and other e-retailers, but Barnes & Noble the bookstore competes with other brick & mortar retail. Pay attention to all of the discounts you get, though. If that $19 hardcover has a 40% off sticker on it (or 30% off and you have their 10% member discount), then it's cheaper than the $12 online version.

I love shopping online- it's convenient, I get to stay in my jammies, and browse things far faster than I could in a physical store. One of

• Um... everyone dies. You can't just throw money at a doctor and gain immortality. Seeing a doctor is not how you become a highlander.

You wouldn't have to go at all if you didn't think all doctors were horrible people.

• Never said seeing a doctor would make you immortal? But it can help prolong the inevitable.

Um... everyone dies. You can't just throw money at a doctor and gain immortality. Seeing a doctor is not how you become a highlander.

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited April 2015

I've met incredibly kind doctors who are very passionate for their work.

You are correct, not every doctor is selfish, but most people are. Lets be honest here, we live in a selfish society, where we value materialism over everything else. Self Gratification is uttermost important to most people.

i have met doctors that treat you as a number, and don't give any care/consideration about your feelings. They're the biggest crooks out there prescribing "pills" to all these people that don't need them. No kid needs Adderall, or Ritalin, or any of that shit. Then they're over there snorting it in the bathroom. You know how many people killed themselves because of the side effects of medication. MAOI...

The figures are staggering.

I've met incredibly kind doctors who are very passionate for their work. They strive through years of medical school and rigorous studying a

• edited April 2015

Alt text

I agree I think their are nice doctors but also crooks let me tell you a story

Earlier this year a person I know was very sick it was very clear something was very wrong and it was getting worse he went to his doctor the doctor had a holiday planned so said nothing is wrong here is some pills then went on holiday for a month

A week later he felt like he was dying he felt the doctor was full of sheet so he went straight to the hospital

They gave him an mrsi turned out he had cancer

Turns out if he had followed the doctors instructions he would of been dead right now

Thinking doctors are perfect and always correct would of killed him while his beliefs that some doctors are crooks saved his life

He survived and is great now btw :)

CrazyGeorge posted: »

I've met incredibly kind doctors who are very passionate for their work. You are correct, not every doctor is selfish, but most peop

• edited April 2015

This really pissed me off today they had an award ceremony for the workers at my twins job he looks after kids at a daycare

He is the only guy there everyone else working there is girls and he says he feels left out and not part of the click there but loves his job looking after the kids

So everyone got great awards and certificates but my twin who was really excited they gave him the only bad award who he didn't know even existed before "head in the sand award for not knowing what's going on around you" the manager is a girl who doesn't like him for no reason so wanted to embarrass him it was a complete bs and really unfair on my twin

He is a proud person who takes pride in his work so was very upset at this when he came home he tried to hide it but you could tell it hurt him bad and he showed the whole family the certificate his going through a really hard time at the moment really down in himself and really do not need that bs.

Alt text

I'm just really angry people are upsetting my twin bullying him and I'm so powerless my sister is emailing the place to try sort this out

Alt text

This is the certificate but I blocked his full name :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9j3HQmwqPM

• I can see how they might have thought that would be funny, putting it together, but it wound up just being mean.

You know what I would do in that situation, though? Milk it. You say he's not part of the clique? This is his way in!

"Hey, everyone, I've been told I don't know what's going on around me, so please, tell me all of your intimate private details so I can rectify the situation!" Said in a fun-loving upbeat voice so they know he's being sarcastic and maybe inspiring a giggle.

Of course, most importantly, I hope the kids aren't affected by any of this.

This really pissed me off today they had an award ceremony for the workers at my twins job he looks after kids at a daycare He is the onl

• edited April 2015

That's a really bright and positive way of seeing things thanks for the advice :)

No no affect he is the best at his job and the kids have a great time it's all behind the scenes stuff

WarpSpeed posted: »

I can see how they might have thought that would be funny, putting it together, but it wound up just being mean. You know what I would do

• My brother who has severe ADHD needed Adderall, without it he could barely function in the classroom. People at my school with bi polar are freaking scary without meds, once they are properly medicated they do better. I'm on a cocktail of 5 different medications, and I'd be worse off without it. I go to a therapeutic school so pretty much everyone there is on some kind of medication, there are people who really need it.

I've met incredibly kind doctors who are very passionate for their work. You are correct, not every doctor is selfish, but most peop

• I really hate people that think that they're the coolest people and that everyone likes them. They just really get on my nerves because they just make snarky remarks and always act like tough shit.

• i guess that's why they warned me.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited April 2015

5 different medications? Damn you're a lunatic D:

Just kidding, I take medications on a regular basis, too. But I was just about to stop that.

My brother who has severe ADHD needed Adderall, without it he could barely function in the classroom. People at my school with bi polar are

• without it he could barely function in the classroom.

How did kids in the 80s/90s handle it. I think we just did. We rolled up our sleeves, drank some coffee and studied, you know how often i would get bored when i was study.

People don't need an Amphetamines to pass a test. I did it fine, without pills with a B average. Just be careful, that is all i am saying, and be aware of what you are putting in your body, and the side effects that can come from it.

My brother who has severe ADHD needed Adderall, without it he could barely function in the classroom. People at my school with bi polar are

• I hope they are slowly leaning you off the medications?

• I am giving your brother a pass. It is ok to punch her.

This really pissed me off today they had an award ceremony for the workers at my twins job he looks after kids at a daycare He is the onl

• Doctors are crooks and horrible people?

Lawyers, Doctors, Bankers biggest Crooks of them all.

• Vent: I hate when people insult or say offensive stuff and justify with saying that he/she has "Free Speech". Seriously? One thing is plain silly and another thing defending an argument with valid reasons and conclusions. "Free Speech" doesn't make your opinion correct. The same goes with "My opinion". Your opinion is invalid and incorrect until you have good proof for it to be valid and correct.

• I hate having a crush.

• edited April 2015

Crushes always let you down and not be what you imagined most times you end up wasting so much time persuading them when you get to know them better and find our they are not what you taught

So get to know the person better it will help you get over the crush :) or find out if their cool then ask them out :)

I hate having a crush.

• . Your opinion is invalid and incorrect until you have good proof for it to be valid and correct.

But then it wouldn't be an opinion it would be a fact.

It sounds like you dont want rude or uneducated people to say anything,

FauDeef posted: »

Vent: I hate when people insult or say offensive stuff and justify with saying that he/she has "Free Speech". Seriously? One thing is plain

• I wonder how often users who are temporarily banned repent and actually think they were wrong and deserved their ban.

I find it most disconcerting being on the forum with users who have said personal things for which they were banned temporarily and allowed back without even an apology or notation of regret, that shouldn't happen.

• This be like a twitter subtweet...

I don't think he regrets saying what he thinks, however backwards it is. But for other users, it depends. The length of the ban would probably factor in. If I was banned for a week I wouldn't regret much, but three months would definitely get me thinking.

Flog61 posted: »

I wonder how often users who are temporarily banned repent and actually think they were wrong and deserved their ban. I find it most disc

• I dunno i am a lot more forgiving in my old age. I personally don't want anyone banned if we can help it. I

Flog61 posted: »

I wonder how often users who are temporarily banned repent and actually think they were wrong and deserved their ban. I find it most disc

• offensive stuff

Its all perspective, what is offensive to you, is not offensive to me. There is no such thing as Free Speech, you can say it, but people will remember you for it, and people will hold you accountable for it.

FauDeef posted: »

Vent: I hate when people insult or say offensive stuff and justify with saying that he/she has "Free Speech". Seriously? One thing is plain

• No don't do that, but if you want to get back at someone easiest way is to put their telephone number in a Craig s List Personal. L O L

Evil Innocent Grin

Alt text

I am giving your brother a pass. It is ok to punch her.

• edited April 2015

I may not have explained correctly.

As an example, now, I would answer you with that it's my opinion and I have free speech, without giving you a good reason to why I said my statement. It sucks, right?

I hope you understand.

. Your opinion is invalid and incorrect until you have good proof for it to be valid and correct. But then it wouldn't be an opinion it would be a fact. It sounds like you dont want rude or uneducated people to say anything,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.