The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited April 2015

I think it was Robert Graves who said: "There's no money in poetry, but then there's no poetry in money, either."

But you sure can make it into a living, just look at spoken-word artists like Shane Koyczan. I think he's practically genius when it comes to poetry and short stories. I've gotten most of my inspiration from him.

Lingvort posted: »

And if it isn't mutual, I can write a couple more and publish them. That way, I can sell them and make profit. It's a win-win situation, lol.

• Most important thing in that situation is to have an escape plan. Sounds like you have one. Good luck!

Vent: This is probably going to come off as really edgy and whiny, so feel free to scroll right over it. I'm tired of life. Not what we call

• Yeah, if there's a possibility of anything happening, I should use it. Whether I will and won't fuck it up is a whole another story.

Anyway, you'll probably figure out what's best for yourself here.

Heh, I wish I could.

Belan posted: »

I'm sure you're just looking at this realistically opposed to wishfully, but in order to have a chance, you sort of have to give yourself on

• Although I can't help you much via online, I would like to say that, even if it doesn't seem like it for now, you're life will be better sooner or later. Only luck will tell you when.

Vent: This is probably going to come off as really edgy and whiny, so feel free to scroll right over it. I'm tired of life. Not what we call

• edited April 2015

Alt text

You manifest what you think and become as your self-worth prescribes you put limits on yourself

By thinking these things you have set yourself for failure before you even try

You have to believe in yourself to stand any chance be confident no one is perfect accept that and do the best with the tools you have been given and I promise one day you will find the right girl and everything will come naturally

Alt text

I had a crush on this girl last year who wasn't that pretty but was a genius so I found her really attractive and she had a crush on me but I knew she had a boyfriend so I never made a move personally for me once a girl has a boyfriend for me she is off limits I'd never want to be with a cheater and if she would cheat on her boyfriend with you, she would cheat on you with someone else to guaranteed. Plus I'd never want guys going for my girl just common respect I think it's wrong unless she is officially single

Forgive me, father, for I have sinned... well, no, I didn't (not this time, anyway). But, I do confess. I have a crush. It's a girl in my

• edited April 2015

Everywhere there are a-holes. I don't know much about you nor about your life, but I recomend you talking to your friends or family on how those pricks are being pricks. They may help.

Maybe your situation will get better sooner then you think.

If you can't avoid them or the school doesn't do anything soon, I reccomend you to add the "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" policy since you said that those two have been doing that [bothering] to others as well. People need friends to fight their foes.

People who endevour to be general pricks have been a plague to me for my entire school life. Two pricks at my school are pestering me wit

• I see. Thanks for the insight, Mark.

Markd4547 posted: »

You manifest what you think and become as your self-worth prescribes you put limits on yourself By thinking these things you have set you

• Not really, I'm just winging it. We'll see where it takes me.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Most important thing in that situation is to have an escape plan. Sounds like you have one. Good luck!

• Do you?

I know that you'll stop

• At least you got the Internet.

• Alt text

Ultra controlling girls like that I would never go out with my phone is off limits it's either trust me or get out

Plus the rude text wtf

That guy needs to stop being such a pushover

I'm sorry you experienced that and I feel even worse for that guy his girlfriend doesn't trust him and wants complete control of his life get out of there

I hate when my friends don't understand my pain. Today I was texting my friend because I was feeling lonely and unwanted and his girlfriend took his phone and said "No one cares. Stop texting him" and turned his phone off.

• True that.

At least you got the Internet.

• Yeah, same here. Let me know if you find a solution. I'll go ahead and rule out drugs and alcohol for you, tried them both and they don't work.

AWESOMEO posted: »

I've been left out of things all my life, people I thought were my friends always ended up ditching me in favor of doing/seeing something/so

• Go back to school. Legally a GED is the same thing as a diploma, but in the eyes of everyone that will ever hire you, it isn't.

• I'm not going for a GED. I'm going back to school in the fall. I plan to finish my last two years, I assure you.

Go back to school. Legally a GED is the same thing as a diploma, but in the eyes of everyone that will ever hire you, it isn't.

• Sometimes just winging it is the best option, especially when carefully laid out plans fall through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PKQDsuZHk0

Not really, I'm just winging it. We'll see where it takes me.

• Thanks, I wasn't really into drugs and alcohol either way :p

Yeah, same here. Let me know if you find a solution. I'll go ahead and rule out drugs and alcohol for you, tried them both and they don't work.

• PE was great fun for me. Get a relaxing and fun hour or so out of class, playing football with your mates, having a laugh. Majority of people enjoyed it, PE may be the only exercise some kids get in this day and age, it most certainly is good for them. If you're unfit and "don't like exercising", you're the one with the problem, not the class.

#TeamSarah posted: »

Prepare for a rant. I fucking hate PE its so stupid, some dumb people think it promotes physical activity but if you dont like exercising

• ^

Alt text

Mariana238 posted: »

PE was great fun for me. Get a relaxing and fun hour or so out of class, playing football with your mates, having a laugh. Majority of peopl

• While reaching the 300th comment milestone in this thread (and nearly with 2K views), I'm happily announcing out loud that the TellTaleGames Community is one of the most helpful and nicest online communities I have ever participated in. Not only that there is trust in one another, but there are users willing to help others for no "big" reward for doing so. Users reached out for help in their emotions and problems and they were greeted with a humble reply as help.

Thanks, you're great.

• Truth. That's why I joined last year and keep coming back. Stay awesome guys. :)

FauDeef posted: »

While reaching the 300th comment milestone in this thread (and nearly with 2K views), I'm happily announcing out loud that the TellTaleGames

• Thread: BITCHING TIME!

Ok so sometimes we all need to have a good bitch...right? Anyway here you can do that just...bitch about it things like school your job ect I'll go first

Today we got like loads of fucking homework and all the teachers are like in bitch mode plus I had a headache for the whole day

Your turn!

• Well now I guess we have another one :p ( I didn't see it on the page)

Ahem. We actually have such a thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/92470/the-vent-thread

• Don't worry I'm pretty sure the mods will merge it. Probably

elmox01 posted: »

Well now I guess we have another one ( I didn't see it on the page)

• edited December 2021

• Let's bitch about that.

Ahem. We actually have such a thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/92470/the-vent-thread

• God dammit, we already have one of these threads!

Pipas posted: »

Let's bitch about that.

• You're right :D

FauDeef posted: »

While reaching the 300th comment milestone in this thread (and nearly with 2K views), I'm happily announcing out loud that the TellTaleGames

• edited April 2015

i dont really like to whine or complain but ive been thinking about posting something on this thread and i now i felt like it...

I know that there are people who are dealing with much tougher and heavier shit than me and they have it worse than me but i still feel like i dont lead the most glamorous life and its not easy for me...

my dad died when i was 9 years old from cancer... he wasnt a great man but, i dunno... he was still my dad and i kinda miss him...

people used to tease me and make fun of me all the time in school, and to this day i dont know why, maybe because i was different than them, i saw the world in a different way, i didnt talk much, i liked to be alone, i had trouble with my walk and my feet... they liked to provoke me until i got mad and i would get in a fight... some of that shit still happens but ive learnt to live with it and ignore most of it...

recently there was i girl i liked but she was with another guy... he apperently made her to send him her nude photos and then he sent it to some other guys and soon the whole school knew about it... i supported her, i defended her, i was nice to her when not many people were... we were good friends and we were starting to get real close (or so i thought) but when she got in some trouble, to get out of it she lied her ass of to her dad and even made up that i look at her and touch her... it was found out that she lied and we made up but we never hung out again and the only reason we still see eachother is because her dad and my older sister are getting married...

except my family, i dont interact with people anymore except on this forum and im okay with it...

also i am prone to self harm and i punish myself a lot, even though i have full control of my mind and body...

like this,aftermath of one of my activities after a shitty day:

Alt text

i guess thats why i invest myself so much in these games is because i like great stories so i can escape from my own fucking pathetic life story...

i am just 15 yrs old and maybe i just didnt learn to appreciate life but so far my thoughts are: life sucks and life is unfair!

• At least you haven't caused yourself more harm than what's in this picture, right?

Get help, talk to someone. If no one wants to talk, talk to me. I'll do my best if you want :C

i dont really like to whine or complain but ive been thinking about posting something on this thread and i now i felt like it... I know t

• I dont have trouble talking to people and believe it or not im actually very wise and interesting to conversate with (if that makes any sense)... but to me 95% of people in my life are garbage, so sometimes im happier alone...

i dont think i really need big help... im sane, im aware what i do, i just sometimes need to get shit out of my system and sometimes it happens to be the day im mad at myself...

the only time i have caused myself big harm was when i actidentally hurt someone i care about... one time i actidentally closed my little nieces fingers with a trunk door, i didnt see her... luckily nothing was broken and she was alright couple hours later but i didnt know that at the time and i gave myself a bruise near my eye...

i also apreaciate you worrying about me :)

AWESOMEO posted: »

At least you haven't caused yourself more harm than what's in this picture, right? Get help, talk to someone. If no one wants to talk, talk to me. I'll do my best if you want :C

• I CAN'T SEEM TO GET DISENCHANTED RIGHT ON MY FUCKING GUITAR

• I was alright with the exercising, but the actual games and social aspect I dreaded. I'm not physically a very pushy person, and definitely not aggressive enough to do well in any of these games. Add that to nobody wanting to be my partner and people screaming at me for not acting like it's the Olympics, and you got my middle school and high school gym experience.

#TeamSarah posted: »

Prepare for a rant. I fucking hate PE its so stupid, some dumb people think it promotes physical activity but if you dont like exercising

• What is the pictures of the hands showing?

i dont really like to whine or complain but ive been thinking about posting something on this thread and i now i felt like it... I know t

• I think this a pretty beneficial thread. And like you said, we're all anonymous to some degree so who cares?

I don't really see the point of this thread. I mean, emotions are emotions, but sometimes a person must "vent" something really personal. Would it be wise to leave it for a whole bunch of anonymous users to read?

• I KNOW ;_______________;

ur a disgrace of a humun bean

• ur a disgrace of a humun bean

I CAN'T SEEM TO GET DISENCHANTED RIGHT ON MY FUCKING GUITAR

• You need the pick of destiny bruh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A

To find the pick of destiny on a journey you must go

I CAN'T SEEM TO GET DISENCHANTED RIGHT ON MY FUCKING GUITAR

• Lol, I've forgotten that I've actually commented on here before.

And I agree.

I think this a pretty beneficial thread. And like you said, we're all anonymous to some degree so who cares?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.