The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• I stand corrected, thus I agree.

But, still, who wants to feel offended?

CrazyGeorge posted: »

offensive stuff Its all perspective, what is offensive to you, is not offensive to me. There is no such thing as Free Speech, you can say it, but people will remember you for it, and people will hold you accountable for it.

• I got banned for a week during that week I was incredibly butthurt and missed the forum it definitely worked and it seemed like it lasted forever

But once my ban was over I felt bad after my ban and even sent the mod a pm to apologize I was wrong

Flog61 posted: »

I wonder how often users who are temporarily banned repent and actually think they were wrong and deserved their ban. I find it most disc

• I already know shes cool but I can't ask her out cuz of reasons.

Markd4547 posted: »

Crushes always let you down and not be what you imagined most times you end up wasting so much time persuading them when you get to know the

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited April 2015

People can only offend you if you allow it. Remember the old adage, sticks and stones may break my bones but... I try to live my life in the most non-judgemental way i can now, if people are constantly negative or rude, i just try to avoid them now in my personal life.

To be offended is to give your power away.

FauDeef posted: »

I stand corrected, thus I agree. But, still, who wants to feel offended?

• Why is she married?

I already know shes cool but I can't ask her out cuz of reasons.

• I feel bad for the mods. They deserve to be paid.

I got banned for a week during that week I was incredibly butthurt and missed the forum it definitely worked and it seemed like it lasted forever But once my ban was over I felt bad after my ban and even sent the mod a pm to apologize I was wrong

• Nooo... Other reasons.

Why is she married?

• Well, I live in America so yeah.

Doctors are crooks and horrible people?

• They are paid... In likes.

I feel bad for the mods. They deserve to be paid.

• So every single doctor or at least the majority are terrible people?

Well, I live in America so yeah.

• The majority, yes.

So every single doctor or at least the majority are terrible people?

• That's a bad way to view everything. I want to become a doctor or medical researcher and its stupid in my eyes that people don't trust them. Can I ask why?

The majority, yes.

• Money.

That's a bad way to view everything. I want to become a doctor or medical researcher and its stupid in my eyes that people don't trust them. Can I ask why?

• They don't even get that many likes since most of them don't post very often :P

They are paid... In likes.

• You know what I'm currently pissed off about, these riots in Baltimore. I refuse to call these protests, these are the furthest thing from it. These thugs are rioting in the streets, looting stores, setting cars on fire, and it gets NOTHING accomplished. The family of Freddie Gray called for peaceful protests, this is the furthest thing from that. These assholes (pardon my language) are rioting to riot, that's it, and it needs to stop. Where is the black leadership calling for this behavior to stop? We saw this in Ferguson months ago, now we're seeing it in one of America's major cities, when are people going to learn that rioting doesn't do shit to help your cause, it only hurts it.

• Well there is this strange thing that happens where someone will ask a question, and someone else will answer it about the same time a mod answers it, yet the mod's reply gets 3x more likes that the non-mod.

Green613 posted: »

They don't even get that many likes since most of them don't post very often :P

• Sometimes a mod will post a pretty average post and get a ton of likes. I've definitely noticed it.

They don't even get that many likes since most of them don't post very often :P

• True, but again it doesn't really make a dent unless they post actively enough, but I see what you're saying ^-^

Well there is this strange thing that happens where someone will ask a question, and someone else will answer it about the same time a mod answers it, yet the mod's reply gets 3x more likes that the non-mod.

• Everyone wants money. Do you trust anyone then?

Money.

• edited April 2015

These people need to realize that they're only adding to the problem that they think they're fighting against.

You know what I'm currently pissed off about, these riots in Baltimore. I refuse to call these protests, these are the furthest thing from i

• edited April 2015

God you're acting like a crush is some horrid person. Just because you had one bad experience and things didn't turn out the way you wanted it to doesn't mean everyone's crush will be the same.

Crushes always let you down and not be what you imagined most times you end up wasting so much time persuading them when you get to know the

• Hell no.

Everyone wants money. Do you trust anyone then?

• Well at least you're ( Forgot the word. Oops) straight [Random guess] with your views.

Hell no.

• ^ this

God you're acting like a crush is some horrid person. Just because you had one bad experience and things didn't turn out the way you wanted it to doesn't mean everyone's crush will be the same.

• I mean most crushes are usually love at first sight you don't know the person yet just be aware of that and get to know the person to see if it's love :)

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited April 2015

Let's make an hypothesis where I say: "I hate black people."

Is my opinion wrong?

No.

Is it not acceptable by social/moral norms of the 21st century?

Yes.

Racism, amongst any other offensive opinion, is only offensive to a certain amount of people, no topic found offensive would be unanimously offensive to every sentient being on earth, therefore, there is no "right" or "wrong" way to think if it's all just opinion.

While it is wrong to take offensive opinions and put them into some sort of action that would harm another person's natural rights, it is the person's full right to express that opinion to the degree that he wants as long as it doesn't conflict with another person's rights.

If you do not believe in a higher authority level and objective teachings of morality that are undeniable to all human beings, then it is your obligation to follow them. If you do not believe in one, it is subjective to every person, and there is no absolute truth in this world, or any absolute code of behavior by which you have to act. Only social standards made up by human beings for human beings.

Vent: I hate when people insult or say offensive stuff and justify with saying that he/she has "Free Speech". Seriously? One thing is plain

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited April 2015

It's called "crush" for a reason, so you shouldn't be surprised that more often than sometimes, it leaves you crushed. It's all maybe, possibility. What's hard about rejection isn't that it hurts you, it's that it makes you believe another person wanted to hurt you.

I know, it's painful to put yourself out there, then be told that your feelings aren't reciprocated. But that's the price you pay, that's the most beautiful thing there is to love, such a dangerous gamble.

Alt text

• edited April 2015

Some people suck up to them.

Lots of people suck up to them.

Recently a thread was made saying we should praise the new mods. For doing literally nothing except being mods.

Sometimes a mod will post a pretty average post and get a ton of likes. I've definitely noticed it.

• Telltale needs to hire professional moderators anyway.

And they will.

I feel bad for the mods. They deserve to be paid.

• edited April 2015

True :)

AWESOMEO posted: »

It's called "crush" for a reason, so you shouldn't be surprised that more often than sometimes, it leaves you crushed. It's all maybe, possi

• The mods here do a fantastic job and are the biggest fanboy,girls of the franchise here and very helpful they also do it voluntarily just because they love the forum they earned their crust and roles. While pro mods need payment just a really bad idea

Telltale needs to hire professional moderators anyway. And they will.

• Telltale needs to hire professional moderators anyway.

I really don't think they need to, especially for an internet forum. The mods we have do a good enough job anyway.

Telltale needs to hire professional moderators anyway. And they will.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited April 2015

You treat people like human waste for long enough and they'll start to act like it. It's not all about Freddie Gay, it's about a large majority of people being marginalized and mistreated.

It's no excuse for rioting, but honestly the riots don't bother me as much as the underlying problem: trigger happy meatheads.

You know what I'm currently pissed off about, these riots in Baltimore. I refuse to call these protests, these are the furthest thing from i

• I'm in favor of the riots. It's about time the US pays attention to its people instead of paying attention on authority and bureaucracy.

From what I heard from the news, the rioters reacted against the killing of innocent citizens by the police. Where I live, police don't kill unarmed people (not as much as in the US).

But, in my humble opinion, I hope the rioters make a better USA after the riots then before the riots. People are all equal under the law, right? People shouldn't be treated badly or differently.

• But these rioters are looting and burning down innocent businesses, they're ruining people's livelihoods when they do this. You have reports of gangs coming together to take out white police officers. And I wouldn't call Freddie Gray innocent, he had a history with the police before, but at this moment, his death, what these people are rioting over, is under investigation I believe. And these riots won't do anything to make the U.S. better, it only hurts their cause. If they protest peacefully, their voices will be heard, but not when they decide to attack others and steal from businesses in their own community.

I'm in favor of the riots. It's about time the US pays attention to its people instead of paying attention on authority and bureaucracy.

• edited April 2015

All companies do when they become bigger.

Simply because its prudent to have fewer bodies associated with the company outside of payroll.

As time goes on and Telltale becomes even bigger, the fact that many people think that moderators are actually representative of telltale becomes a far bigger issue.

Them stating that they dont represent them in their profile does nothing for the majority who just browse and see comments by people with an official title on the forum of a company.

Infact I have some issues with a recent moderator decision, and the fact that they are in part chosen by telltale means that it partly reflects on them. We'll see what Puzzlebox says of it when I finish my complaint.

Telltale needs to hire professional moderators anyway. I really don't think they need to, especially for an internet forum. The mods we have do a good enough job anyway.

• The issue isn't mods doing a bad job, its that volunteers are automatically less consistent and have a harder time of things than people on set hours, and that volunteers are associated with the company on a level which seems alien to most outside viewers, which is a concern.

The mods here do a fantastic job and are the biggest fanboy,girls of the franchise here and very helpful they also do it voluntarily just be

• Them stating that they dont represent them in their profile does nothing for the majority who just browse and see comments by people with an official title on the forum of a company.

Well then that's just people being ignorant about who's actually in charge. It only takes a click of the profile to see that they aren't Telltale staff, and even then they usually state they aren't staff whenever they give information to outsiders who need help with something. I think the community being run by community members picked out by staff is good enough, but hey to each their own.

All companies do when they become bigger. Simply because its prudent to have fewer bodies associated with the company outside of payroll.

• edited April 2015

that's just people being ignorant about who's actually in charge.

I know it is.

Ignorance is a problem, and one that won't ever go away.

Them stating that they dont represent them in their profile does nothing for the majority who just browse and see comments by people with an

• Really? There voice will be heard? I highly doubt that.

Watch, it's going to be another "officer is cleared of wrongdoing" case. It's long past time people started getting mad about this. In fact, it's time people started getting mad about a lot of shit.

It's just sad that worthless gangbangers are using it as an excuse to loot stores.

But these rioters are looting and burning down innocent businesses, they're ruining people's livelihoods when they do this. You have reports

Sign in to comment in this discussion.