The forgotten: Interactive story.

Comments

• edited August 2015

The question is not 'How smart am I', the question is, how smart is Julia? I'm genre savvy enough to know that he can't be just that nice friendly guy who tries to get along with her, but I somehow doubt she'll see it the same way. There got to be an ulterior motive behind his affability and she should better start to run, put a lot of distance between them before he gets the chance to do whatever heinous thing he plans for her. However, I'm afraid his lies are already working, as she definitely seems to like him. I will keep both eyes on that guy and for his sake he better does not even think about denvering her.

mr.quality posted: »

So you're going to reference another one of my stories? You are smart. Very smart. Or are you?

• But what if he is just a nice guy?

The question is not 'How smart am I', the question is, how smart is Julia? I'm genre savvy enough to know that he can't be just that nice fr

• Your life of what excatly?

I don't know My life.

• I remember when I thought Denver was a good guy, a trustworthy guy. then I got viciously stabbed in the back by my own words of "what could possibly go wrong"

Nothing could ever go wrong when Mr. Quality is at the helm of an interactive story. Nothing.

• edited August 2015

A nice guy would have no need to act that suspiciously nice around her, right? This sentence made a lot more sense in my head...

Anyway, my gut-feeling tells me that he can't be a nice guy, but it also told me that Denver is a nice guy and that ended truly horrible. I don't know, maybe it's just that my ever-present paranoia reached a whole new level after Katie's death, but I couldn't trust this man if a life would depend on it.

If he is really just a nice guy, which I seriously doubt, I'd like to apologize to him in advance for all the stuff I'm going to say about him in the next parts. But it's better to be safe than sorry and until he somehow manages to prove his good intentions, he's going to stay on my list. Of course, if there is ever going to be a choice for Julia to trust him or not, I'm going to have a problem, but for now it can't hurt to distrust him, if only so that I can say 'I told you so', as soon as the inevitable happens, like the little doomsday prophet I am.

But what if he is just a nice guy?

• [Let Amy tell him herself.]

Julia Carter "He has to show his face sometime." Julia said. "I guess I'll just stick around." She said. Leland smiled. "Hopefully the

• edited August 2015

Shit, I totally forgot this story existed. I remember seeing the link to this but then forgot it :D I'll submit a character when I have time.

• School, work. Everything.

Your life of what excatly?

• Don't worry! I eagerly await your character!

finlander posted: »

Shit, I totally forgot this story existed. I remember seeing the link to this but then forgot it I'll submit a character when I have time.

• [Tell him]

Might as well get it over with.

And I'm sorry for not voting for awhile now. I've been busy, and I'm still not sure how active I can be, but hopefully I'll be able to keep up for now on.

Julia Carter "He has to show his face sometime." Julia said. "I guess I'll just stick around." She said. Leland smiled. "Hopefully the

• I know how you feel. It gets easier with time, trust me.

School, work. Everything.

• [Tell him]

• Chad Sparks, Halftime

"This is going to be a halftime to remember." A man spoke as Chad walked past.

"Chad? Why aren't you answering me?" Damon asked. Chad shook his head and sighed.

"It's about Amy." Chad said. He saw Damon's face turn stone solid.

"What's wrong with her? Is she alright?" Damon asked.

"No, She's fine. It's nothing like that." Chad answered quickly.

"Then what is it?" He asked now confused.

"Amy is kinda dating the quarterback." Chad confessed.

"What? Your joking, not funny." Damon said.

"I'm not kidding. I'm serious. You need to back off of her or Brian's going to kick your ass." Chad told him.

"I don't believe you." Damon protested.

"He's not lying." Amy spoke up. "I'm dating Brian." She said. Damon shook his head.

"Why? Why didn't you just tell me?" He asked.

"I don't know. Ignorance is bliss I guess." She said.

"I can't fucking believe you guys. We've been friends for like, forever. And you build me up like that to just knock me down?" Damon said clearly angered.

"I'm sorry Damon. I really-" She tried to say.

"No. Just stop. I'm fucking done with you people." Damon said. "You always pushed me aside. I was always just a fucking third wheel to you guys wasn't I?" Chad and Amy stood silent in shock. "That's what I thought." Damon grumbeled as he turned and walked away in the other direction

"Dude, Don't you think you're overreacting a little?" Chad asked him, he only responded my raising his middle finger over his shoulder as he walked off, disappearing into the crowd.

"Damon Wait!" Amy called as she took off running after him. Chad followed behind her but lost her in the crowd. As he wandered around looking for Damon and Amy he heard the whistle blow for halftime. He took one more step before he heard a loud bang, rapidly succeeded by another. It sounded almost like a gunshot? Chad pushed his way forward as he heard a scream and people started pushing against him. Chad powered his way through the mess until he was tripped by someone and he fell to the ground, he looked up to see Damon on the ground next to him angrily staring at him.

"Damon? What the fuck?" Chad asked as he pushed himself off the ground. "Dude, come on get up." Chad said as he held out his hand to Damon. Then he noticed it, a small metallic object in his hand, a dark substance pooling around him. "Jesus fucking Christ!" Chad yelled as he quickly jumped back and kicked something, he frantically looked back to see what he'd kicked and saw Amy laying on the ground, clutching her ribs.

"C-Chad?" She asked weakly. Chad looked at her, her white T-shirt now spotted with crimson.

"Holy shit, Amy." Chad said as he knelt down beside her. "What happened?" He asked eyeing the gushing pool of blood.

"Damon... He- He shot-t me. Then killed himself." She stuttered. "It hurts... It hurt so bad.." She cried.

"Just hold on, I'll find someone." Chad said as he looked up. "Medic!" He yelled. "Medic!" He yelled louder. He heard a noise and looked over to the fence that separated the field from the walkway. A few of the football players were rushing over. He quickly recognized the first one. "Brian! Over here, hurry!" He called. Brian quickly threw off his helmet sliding to the ground next to Amy.

"Oh my God, What happened?" Brian asked.

"Sh-She got shot. We need a medic." Chad said.

"Then go find one!" Chad yelled at him as he looked over his shoulder at another football player, who was from the Xenia team. "Go with him! Find someone!" Brian yelled.

"I got it!" The player yelled. "Let's go!" He yelled to Chad, Chad pushed himself up and took off running. There's always an ambulance at the football games, so where the fuck is it? "This way!" The player yelled as he cut left. Chad was finding it a little difficult to keep up with him. Man, he was out of shape. It's going to suck when baseball season comes around.... Now's not the time for baseball idiot! He corrected himself as he continued running, he soon spotted an ambulance in the distance. He broke into a full sprint and nearly tackled an EMT. Chad clutched his knees wheezing.

"What do you want?" The EMT asked rudely.

"She's shot... Over there." Chad managed, pointing in the direction.

"Shot? Like gunshot?" The EMT asked. Chad nodded. The EMT grabbed his bag and took off running, Chad took a gasp of air and took off after him.

Julia Carter, Halftime

"Did you hear that?" Leland asked.

"Yeah, it sounded like a firecracker or something." Julia said.

"It did. Weird." Leland said as he looked i the direction of the noise. "Julia. I don't think that was a firecracker." Leland said.

"Why?" Julia asked.

"People don't run for their lives from fireworks." Leland said in a serious tone. "That was a gunshot." Leland said.

"What? No. It couldn't be." Julia said.

"Run! Fucking run!" A highschooler yelled as he ran past the stands. Julia looked over to Leland.

"We need to get out of here." Leland said. Julia was at a loss for words as she willed herself to stand. She rushed down the bleachers and into the massive crowd that was trying to escape through the main gate, witch was swarmed. Julia felt something grab her wrist and pull her off the the right. She pulled back against it.

"Calm down it's just me." Leland's voice said. "There's a secondary exit this way." he said as he continued to pull Julia along. Julia managed to pull her hand free.

"I got it." She said as they continued to walk, soon coming to an opening in the fence that went straight into the parking lot. Julia quickly rushed towards where he car was parked but as she walked something tackled to the ground and pinned her.

"Julia!" Leland yelled as he ran up and kicked the man off of her, Julia scrambled to her feet as the man stood back up. Leland wedged himself between her and the man, tensing up as if about to fight. The man reached into his coat and pulled out something. A pistol.

"Step aside and no one gets hurt. This is between us and her." The man said.

"Us?" Leland asked. Julia looked around and noticed another man appearing at his side, armed with a rifle. Leland put his hands in the air. "Okay, I got money. How much do you want?" He asked.

"We don't wan't your damn paper. We want her." The man said. Julia saw Leland's hand move down into his pocket and pull out something, a revolver. He snapped it upwards and aimed it at the man. "You're funny. You think you can take us down? You the 'vigilante' sort?" The man sneered.

"Just turn around and walk the other way. No one gets hurt." Leland said. In the darkness of the parking lot, Julia spotted a smile appear on the man's face.

"Julia Carter, this is between you and us. Don't make this man get killed because of your actions." The man said. 'How does he know my name?' Julia asked herself as she stood frozen in fear.

"Julia, listen to me." Leland said. "Run, just run. Don't look back. Go to your brother's house. You'll be safe with him. Okay?"

Choice

[Ditch Leland and run]

[Stay and try to fight, even though you're unarmed"

[Surrender]

• edited August 2015

Okay... I am still not trusting Leland and by now I am half convinced that I might be a tiny part of the problem I have with him. I mean, yes, maybe this is all just a big coincidence and he's really just an unfortunate nice guy without any secret plans who met her by accident and is now willing to sacrifice his life for her for some reason. Or maybe he's a very cunning Denver. Not to say that the original Denver isn't cunning (aside from his choice of allies), but this is something else entirely. Was it really a coincidence that Leland lead her through this secondary exit, right into the arms of the other guys? And was it really a coincidence that he just loudly told her where to go, in the presence of these two assholes? Or am I just adamantly refusing to trust him and looking for an excuse to further fuel my always-growing paranoia?

[Ditch Leland and run]

If there would be only one guy against her, I would perhaps trust in the questionable help of Leland and choose to fight. However, there is a second guy. Leland might be able to shoot the first one, if he is really on her side, but the second one is the problem. I mean, I almost expect her to get shot by the second guy the moment she tries to run, but this will happen for sure if she tries to fight back. I also know that this is still more merciful than whatever these guys have planned for her. They also never stated what they want to do with her, so perhaps they just shoot her straight in the head the moment she surrenders. Or perhaps they plan to slowly torture her to death. I can only hope that Leland proves his non-denverish intentions and gives her some time to get the hell out of there.

Chad Sparks, Halftime "This is going to be a halftime to remember." A man spoke as Chad walked past. "Chad? Why aren't you answering m

• [Ditch Leland and run]

Chad Sparks, Halftime "This is going to be a halftime to remember." A man spoke as Chad walked past. "Chad? Why aren't you answering m

• [Ditch Leland and run]

• I see you really have some trust issues. But maybe it's for a good reason? Or maybe not. Or maybe both...

Okay... I am still not trusting Leland and by now I am half convinced that I might be a tiny part of the problem I have with him. I mean, ye

• [Ditch Leland and run]

• [Ditch Leland and run] Shit's going down yo.

• [Ditch Leland and run]

• Voting is closed.

Julia will ditch the Leland guy and run away, to her brother's house where she will hopefully find safety. But probably not.

I don't know when the next part will be out, so. Just saying.

• Julia Carter

Her hands shook as she looked for any options, any way out of this. In a world of seven billion people, what was so special about her?

"Julia, go." Leland said sternly. Julia attempted a jittery nod, then she just took off towards her car. She heard multiple gunshots behind her as she ran, but it didn't sound like they were aimed at her.

"Get after her!" One of the men yelled, Julia glanced over her shoulder to see the man aiming his rifle at her, then she saw a flash and heard the shot. She felt an immense pain in her arm, but she kept running ignoring the pain.

"You fucking idiot! Don't shoot her!" The other man yelled. Julia dove to her left behind a truck and looked at her arm. She'd been shot, more like grazed. The bullet had just touched her arm, but luckily it didn't hit her completely. Julia looked around and spotted her car on the other side of the isle. She glanced around the corner of the truck and looked at the men who were now busy arguing. She took this as her chance and pushed herself up, and dashed across the isle. She threw her car door open and put her keys in the ignition. Without wasting any time she threw it into drive, and speed of down the road. In her rear view mirror she saw two pissed of men holding guns, and one laying on the ground.

Gilligan Anderson

"What the hell is going on down there?" Gilligan asked himself as he saw people running everywhere. He headed towards the ladder so he could get down, but when he reached it he noticed it was missing. It had been knocked down. He was trapped.

"Someone help!" He called to the panicking crowd, but no one listened. "Damn it, Help me!" He yelled as the crowd continued surging forward. Gilligan walked to the edge and looked over. I am not fucking jumping. No way in hell. His only option was to sit and wait now. He paced around the platform, searching the ground for anyone. After what seemed like half an hour, he spotted a lone man walking towards the exit.

"You! Down there!" Gilligan called to him. The man looked up at him. "Could you help me? Just grab that ladder so I can get down?" Gilligan asked. The man nodded and walked over to the ladder that was laying on the ground and lifted it upwards to the platform. "Thank you. Thank you so much." Gilligan said as he climbed down.

"No problem." The man said. Then he smiled a little. "You're the same person that walked straight into me earlier today." He said. "My name is Thomas Howe."

"I'm Gilligan Anderson." Gilligan said.

"Gilligan? Good to finally meet you in person." Thomas said. Gilligan lifted a confused eyebrow.

"Um, Thank for the help." Gilligan said.

"Not a problem at all." Thomas said as he put out his hand.

Choice

[Shank his hand]

[Deny]

Chad Sparks

"Move, out of my way!" The paramedic yelled as he knelled next to Amy. He began to check her pulse. "Shit." He said as he quickly began CPR.

"Is she alright? She's fine right?" Brian asked, in a clear state of shock.

"I don't think she's breathing." Chad spoke. The group stood in silence for multiple minutes as the paramedic tried to bring Amy back, but to no avail. He stopped and looked back at the group.

"I'm sorry... She's... Gone." He said.

"No. No! She can't be gone. Try some more. Do the electric shock paddle thingy." Brian demanded.

"It's to late. She's gone." The paramedic said. Chad could feel tears forming in his eyes, as he desperately tired to hold them back. Brain collapsed to the ground next to Amy, in tears which only made it worse.

"This is your fault." Brian said as he stood up, wiping tears from his face. "This is your fault! You got her killed!" He yelled at Chad. Chad still couldn't form any words, or take his eyes of his newly deceased friend. "You going to say something?" Brian demanded.

"I-" Chad stuttered but was cut off when Brian hit him across the jaw, sending him to the ground.

"You piece of shit! I trusted you!" Brain yelled. "She trusted you!" Brain continued to plant his knee into Chad's chest, raising his fist.

"Please. I'm sorr-." Chad tried, but to no avail. Brain his him square in the nose, and Chad could feel blood.Brain readied for another strike, but before he could he was tackled to the ground.

"Let go of me!" Brain yelled furiously. Chad wiped the blood from his nose and unsteadily rose to his feet. Brain lunged at him but was held back. Chad looked to his left and saw police officers approaching.

"So, I guess that's about it." The officer said, after a brief questioning. "Thank you for your cooperation... What happened to your nose anyway?" He asked.

Choice

[Tell the truth and pin Brain] [Lie and leave Brian out of it.]

• [Shank his hand] - Let's not be rude... even though this is a little suspicious if I'm being honest.

[Lie and leave Brian out of it.] - Maybe Brian will be one step closer to forgiving Chad if he leaves him out of it.

Julia Carter Her hands shook as she looked for any options, any way out of this. In a world of seven billion people, what was so special

• edited August 2015

I am a bit surprised that Julia indeed managed to get away from there, although I am still afraid for what these guys plan for her. As for Leland... I guess he might be dead, even though my Denver sense is still tingling. Maybe he indeed just sacrificed his life for her, maybe he survived and is now held prisoner by these guys, or maybe this is all part of a wicked plan to fake his death, so that he can reappear later to screw Julia over, like a true Denver. Yes, yes I know, Leland was probably an okay person who does not deserve the amount of shit I give him, but I certainly won't make the mistake of trusting someone so suspiciously nice ever again.

[Deny]

That line about finally meeting Gilligan in person was perfect food for my trust issues. Talking about suspiciously nice characters and stuff. This man is fishy, more than fishy and I am sure he plans something. Perhaps he's after Gilligan just as the other assholes are after Julia.

[Lie and leave Brian out of it.]

Damn it, poor Brian. He is not even completely wrong with his accusations and aside from that, he just has what might be the worst day of his life. His reaction is totally understandable and the poor guy does not deserve to get into trouble with the police over it.

Julia Carter Her hands shook as she looked for any options, any way out of this. In a world of seven billion people, what was so special

• [Deny]

• [Shank his hand]

Just realized is said Shank and not Shake. That would definntly be awkward. But you know what, I'm to lazy to change it so Shank it is. XD

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[Shank his hand] - Let's not be rude... even though this is a little suspicious if I'm being honest. [Lie and leave Brian out of it.] - Maybe Brian will be one step closer to forgiving Chad if he leaves him out of it.

• [Deny]

[Lie and leave Brian out of it]

• edited August 2015

[Deny]

Submitted a character, sorry that it took me so long! By the way, when will the next part for the dark before the dawn come out? Sorry if I sound impatient, but I have read the last parts again and I realized that my character already got introduced and now I am hyped for the next parts :D While reading that part a bit closer, I also think I have seen another detail I have missed the first time but I am not too sure about it.

• Thanks for the character! it looks great!

when will the next part for the dark before the dawn come out?

Uh, Um... Eh... Um... Uh... Someday? I might just have to take a few days off before school starts so I can focus on my work, but maybe I can work in a part this weekend? No promises though...

janitor posted: »

[Deny] [Lie and leave Brian out of it.] Submitted a character, sorry that it took me so long! By the way, when will the next part for

• [Shank his hand]

• Voting is closed

Gilligan will deny the man's handshake

Chad will lie to protect Brain

• Julia Carter

Julia stood trembling at the door of Michael's apartment, her hands trembling with the key trying to get it in the lock. After a brief struggle she managed to unlock the door and open it. She walked in the apartment, looking around.

"Michael?" She asked.

"In here." Michael answered from the kitchen. "It's like almost midnight. Why are you here?" He asked as Julia entered the kitchen, on the table lay an empty bottle of wine. Micheal was seated at the table with his back towards Julia. His usually well groomed brown hair was now very messy.

"Something happened... Something bad." Julia attempted, although she couldn't find the right words.

"What is it?" He asked, looking back at her. His eyes widened. "What happened to you? You're a mess." He said standing up. "Jesus, you're bleeding. Let me get the first aid kit. Go sit on in the living room." He said. Julia nodded as she walked away into the living room and sat down on the leather couch. The TV had been left on by Micheal, as always. Sadly, it was on the news. They had already showed up at the scene. Julia could see the police in the background walking around, taking pictures, and a young man was sitting on the tailgate of an ambulance being looked at by a paramedic.

"Two have been confirmed dead and multiple missing after a Wilmington high student, unidentified at this time, opened fire killing another student before taking his own life. As of now the police are now working to determine if the student was acting alone or if he was part of a larger group." The reporter said.

"You were caught in that?" Michael asked. Julia nodded. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left you like that. This is my fault." Micheal said, taking a seat next to Julia. "Let me see your arm." He said. Julia rolled up her sleeve and showed it to him. "What happened to you? What caused this?" He asked.

"They shot me." Julia said.

"They what? Who? Who did this to you?" Micheal demanded.

"I don't know..." Julia said. "They got Leland." She said, almost crying.

"Leland?" Micheal asked.

"He said he worked with you." Julia said. "He saved my life." Micheal shook his head.

"I don't know anyone named Leland." Micheal said as he pulled out some peroxide. "This is going to sting." He said as he poured it onto Julia's arm. He wasn't lying. It stung like the fires of hell on her arm. "Once I'm done, we should probably get you to a hospital or call the police or something." Micheal said as he wrapped a bandage around her arm.

"No." Julia quickly retorted. "I don't want any more attention." She said.

"The police will be able to protect you." Micheal said. "What if these people are still after you?" He asked.

"I'm just scared." Julia said.

"I know." Micheal said. "I won't force you to call the police, but at least think about it?" He said. Julia nodded.

"Who are you?" A woman's voice asked from the doorway. Julia looked over to her. She had long brown hair, and matching eyes. She was wearing a pear of golden earrings, and had a butterfly pinned to her shirt.

"Shit." Micheal mumbled under his breath. "Callista, this is my-" Micheal began but she cut him off.

"I get it, there's another woman. Fine." She said.

"She's my sister." Micheal said.

"Oh... In that case..." She trailed off. "I should probably head home." She said after a brief silence.

"That would probably be best." Micheal said. Callista nodded to him and walked out the door.

"Who was that?" Julia asked.

"Let's just say, alcohol affects judgement skills." Micheal said shaking his head. "How dose your arm feel?"

"It still hurts. But I'm fine." Julia answered.

"So.. Do you want to call the police or not?" He asked.

Choice

[call the police]

[Don't call the police]

Gilligan Anderson

"Yeah, uh, thanks for the help." Gilligan said, pretending he didn't see the man's hand. The man smiled.

"Not a problem kid." Thomas said. "And don't worry. I know you don't wan to shake my hand, you don't know me. Stranger danger and shit. It's all good." He said.

"I, Uh." Gilligan stuttered.

"Save it. You're going to need it later." Thomas said.

"What do you mean?" Gilligan asked, a little creeped out by the mans behavior. He swiftly moved his hand into his pocket and pulled out a knife.

"Don't make this any harder than it needs to be. Just come with me and no one gets hurt." Thomas said. Gilligan's eyes were fixed on the blade, as he slowly backed away. He took a look around him. The high school was just a short sprint away, if he could get in and hide he would be safe. That seemed like his only option unless he could somehow make it to the impound lot to get his car.

Choice

[Surrender]

[Run for the school]

[Try for the impound lot]

• [call the police]

Julia Carter Julia stood trembling at the door of Michael's apartment, her hands trembling with the key trying to get it in the lock. Aft

• edited August 2015

enter image description here

"I don't know anyone named Leland." Micheal said

I knew it. I KNEW IT! Kill the Denver, kill it with fire! Even before there was the slightest hint of him not being the nice guy he appeared to be, I already distrusted him. I just knew he wasn't her friend, he was far too nice for that. I even called that he just faked his death to screw her over later. Hah! Leland Denver might have been able to trick Julia for a short time, but he could never trick me! No fake friend shall ever be able to trick me again! Trust Issues are simply the best super power ever! In fact, I would have been shocked if he would have turned out to be the nice guy he tried to be, but no, he isn't more than a disgusting, lying weasel as expected! Oh, he made the biggest mistake of his life with the decision to turn against Julia.

[call the police]

Of course, I don't trust the police either. Full with Officer Denvers and stuff. But thanks to that fucker Leland, the men chasing her already know where she is. Perhaps they will find one or two honest cops when they call the police and if not, it won't make that much of a difference either way.

"Don't make this any harder than it needs to be. Just come with me and no one gets hurt." Thomas said.

I knew it. I KNEW IT! Never shake hands with creepy strangers, especially when my Denver sense is tingling! In general, never trust the creepy stranger. Or the nice stranger. Or anyone who gives me a bad feeling! Thomas Denver wasn't able to trick me either, although this time I had good reason to distrust him.

[Run for the school]

The school is closer and migth be safer, as I have the feeling he won't be able to reach the impound lot.

Julia Carter Julia stood trembling at the door of Michael's apartment, her hands trembling with the key trying to get it in the lock. Aft

• [call the police]

• [call the police]

I hope Gilligan makes it but I have a bad feeling for this situation. Im very surprised about Leland. If he is working with the guys from the parking lot he could have captured Julia easily but instead he helped her. Maybe he is working with these guys and wants to capture her and Michael at once but that still sounds like an unnecessary risk. Maybe he is working against these guys and has reasons to hide his identity. But the fact that he lied to Julia does not speak in his favour.

• [call the police]

[Run for the school]

• Gilligan Anderson

Gilligan froze. Like a dear in the headlights of the approaching death. The silvery light from the stadium lights reflected off the blade as it was held just inches away from him. Then he made his move. He broke off into a sprint towards the school.

"Shit." He heard the man mumble as he took off after Gilligan. As he sprinted, he realized just how out of shape he was. His lungs ached and his legs burned, but he managed to keep going. He reached out and yanked on the door handle, only to his horror did he find it locked. He spun around and saw the man standing just feet away from him. Gilligan looked around for anything to help, but found nothing.

"Damn kid. You almost got away. Almost." The man said.

"What do you want with me?" Gilligan asked. "If you want my money, just take it! Leave me alone!" He said as he pulled out his wallet and threw it to the ground before the man. He stopped and picked it up, looking through it's contents.

"Sorry, fifteen dollars and a High School ID aren't enough to make me change my mind." He said as he produced something from his pocket, although this time it was not the knife. He swiftly lunged forward and caught Gilligan's arm. He squirmed trying to break free of the man's grip, but to no avail. The man took the object in his free hand and jabbed it into Gilligan's neck. Gilligan naturally recoiled in pain, this time breaking the man's grip. Gilligan clutched the back of his neck as he stumbled a little, leaning on the wall for support.

"Who the hell are you?" Gilligan demanded.

"I'd tell you if it were important. I'm just a hunter, You're just the prey." He said. Gilligan began feeling woozy and nearly threw up as he toppled to the ground, the world spinning around him.

"What did you do to me?" Gilligan asked. The man smiled.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." He said, pulling out a walkie-talkie. "I got one. You got the girl?" He asked.

"Negative. She got away. Some dip-shit got in the way and we had to put him down." A voice responded.

"Is he alive?" He asked.

"Yeah. I guess." The voice said.

"You know the drill. Bring him to the drop. Boss won't be thrilled, but It's better than nothing." He said.

"Got it." The voice said. There was a brief pause. "And don't worry about the girl, I think we have a plan."

Julia Carter

"So?" Micheal asked.

"They said they were sending an officer." Julia responded.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"My arm still hurts like hell, but I'll live." Julia replied.

"That's not what I was asking." Micheal said.

"I'm fine Micheal." Julia restated.

"No, Julia, Your not. You just got attacked and shot at. How can you say you're fine?" Micheal asked.

"Because I have to be, Micheal. It's not like I have much of a choice." Julia said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Micheal asked.

"You're leaving for California on Monday." Julia said.

"Julia..." Micheal trailed off. "I don't have to go. I can stay here if you need me." He said.

"No. I can't ask you to do that. You just got the opportunity of a lifetime, and here I am asking you to throw it away." Julia said. "What a great person I am."

"Julia, no. Don't act like that." Micheal said. "You're a great perso-" Micheal said, but there was a sudden knock at the door. Julia stood up and walked to the door, looking through the peephole. Indeed on the other side stood a man wearing a blue uniform with the Wilmington badge in the arm.

"Hello? Miss Julia Carter?" He asked. Julia opened the door. The man took a step back before saying anything. "I'm officer Hawke, with the Wilmington Police Department. We received a report saying you were attacked?" He asked.

"Yes." Julia answered.

"Mind if I come in and ask some questions?" He asked. Julia looked over her shoulder to Micheal who nodded. Julia opened the door all the way allowing the officer to come in. "Nice place." The officer remarked.

"It's my brothers." Julia said.

"I see. Anyways, you said you were shot at? Were you hit?" The officer asked.

"No... Yes, kinda. A bullet grazed my arm a little." Julia said.

"Do you mind if I take a look?" The officer asked. Julia rolled up her sleeve and showed him the bandage. He slowly unwrapped it, being careful as not to hurt her. He looked over it for a moment before pulling out his own first aid kit. "It doesn't look bad. It's done bleeding for the most part. All I can say is, keep it covered and keep treating it with antibiotics." He said as he wrapped a new bandage on her arm.

"Thank you." Julia said.

"Your welcome." He said. "Now, I do have some important questions if you don't mind asking." He said.

"Ask away." Julia said.

"First off, Did you see their faces? Any identifying features?" He asked.

"No, It was dark. I didn't see anything. They had guns, and they shot at me." Julia said.

"How many was there?" He asked.

"Two of them. And I had someone with me at the time." Julia said.

"You had someone with you? What was their name?" He asked.

"Leland. Leland Frey." Julia said. The officer looked up from his notepad.

"Leland Frey? Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?" Julia asked.

"Leland Frey has been linked to thirty-three separate crimes around the state, ranging from grand theft, to rape and murder. If he was here, In Wilmington... Shit." The officer said. "I need to radio this in." He said as he stood up, grabbing the radio off of his vest, and speaking into it while walking away. Julia turned to Micheal.

"I thought you said you worked with someone named Leland!" She said.

"No. I never even knew anyone named Leland. I knew someone named Fry though." Micheal said. "You were sitting with a murderer at that football game. Fuck." Micheal said. "I'm so fucking stupid!" He exclaimed. "I should have never have left you at that game. Fuck." He continued. Julia was about to say something when officer Hawke walked back into the room and looked at Micheal.

"Would you mind answering some questions, Mr..." The officer trailed off.

"Micheal Carter." Micheal said. "And Ask anything." Micheal said.

"It's probably best if we discuss this in private." He said, looking over to Julia. Micheal nodded and got up from the couch, walking into the bedroom with the officer. Julia sat alone in the darkness of the living room, she could her the scattered mumbles of the officer and Micheal as they talked, but she couldn't make out what they were saying. Julia looked at the blank screen of the TV, everything felt so surreal. She'd been shot at, and saved. But now she came to find out the person that saved her might have not been trying to save her? It all just made no sense. This is the kind of thing that only happens in movies or books or something. But not in real life. Never. This has to just be some bad dream or something.

"Oh shit!" A loud yell broke Julia from her thought. She heard the officer yell something then she heard a few loud cracks, something falling to the ground, then nothing.

"Micheal?" Julia asked. "Officer Hawke?" She asked as she stood up and walked towards the bedroom door. She picked up the baseball bat Micheal kept and readied it as she approached the door. "Micheal?" She asked once again as she opened the door, to reveal a horrific sight. Officer Hawke was not only dead, his eyes were missing and blood was pouring from his mouth. Julia let out a small scream as she backed away.

"Micheal!" She yelled, but no one answered. Julia frantically looked around. She was alone again. Scared. What were her options? Stay here or leave? She could stay here and hope whatever did this is no longer in here, or she could run to the neighbors house or something.

Choice

[Stay in the house]

[Run to the neighbors]

• [Run to the neighbors]

OH SHIT RUN

Gilligan Anderson Gilligan froze. Like a dear in the headlights of the approaching death. The silvery light from the stadium lights refle

• [Run to the neighbours] Oh god is Julia drugged to?

Gilligan Anderson Gilligan froze. Like a dear in the headlights of the approaching death. The silvery light from the stadium lights refle

Sign in to comment in this discussion.