The forgotten: Interactive story.

Comments

• Yeah. I know what you're talking about.

• [Accept apology]

mr.quality posted: »

Julia Carter Julia gazed at Piper, struggling to maintain her composure. She'd hit a nerve somewhere. "Piper." Julia said. "Look at me

• [Accept apology]

Julia Carter Julia gazed at Piper, struggling to maintain her composure. She'd hit a nerve somewhere. "Piper." Julia said. "Look at me

• [Accept apology]

• Chad Sparks

Chad looked at Brian's outstretched hand. After a brief moment of hesitation Chad took his hand and shook firmly. Brain seemed to relax a little.

"Thanks man." Brain said.

"No problem man, We're good friends. I just don't want to-" Chad said.

"Stop. I... I just want this to be about her. You and me, we're good. I just... Want to say goodbye." Brian said.

"Alright... I get it." Chad said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like an ass..." Brian said.

"It's fine." Chad said.

"No. It's not cool. You've gone through just as much as me." Brain said. "It's still messing with my mind though. Keeping me up at night and stuff."

"I know how you feel." Chad said.

"I wish you didn't." Brain sighed. "Let's... Let's just eat now." Brain suggested.

"Yeah. Sounds good." Chad said.

"You're welcome to sit with me if you'd like. But, You don't have to if you've got friends here." Brain said. Chad looked around. He spotted Alina, who was still sitting with her friends, but was now joined by a strong looking black kid wearing an Oakland Raiders hat. He was staring deeply into a cup of coffee. Chad didn't recognize him from anywhere, but Alina seemed to know him in some way, since she was talking with him. Meanwhile, Brain was sitting at a table with a bunch of other football player, many of whom seemed very distraught.

Choice

[Sit with Brain]

[Sit with Alina]

Julia Carter

Her eyes slowly moved open, only to be greeted by darkness. She could feel the rag tied around her head to prevent her from seeing. She moved her hands and found they were tied tightly behind her back. She could feel someone leaning against her shoulder.

"Piper? Are you there?" She asked.

"Julia?" A deep voice asked. Julia instantly recognized it.

"Micheal!" She said.

"Oh God... Julia, I thought you were gone, forever." Micheal said. "C-can you see anything?" He asked.

"No. They fucking blindfolded me." Julia said.

"Same." Micheal said. "Fuck." He mumbled.

"Here, maybe I can help." A new voice said. The person next to her began to move, and after a brief struggle, Julia had her blindfold off. It was still dark, But at least she could see. She could see the person next to her was only a kid, probably not even eighteen yet. Strangely, He was not wearing a blindfold. He had shortish blonde hair, and two different color eyes. One being blue, and the other green.

"What's your name?" Julia asked.

"Gilligan Anderson. I was kidnapped about a day ago or something." He said.

"I guess we're all in the same boat here then." Micheal said. Julia spotted something in the back of the truck that nearly made her want to throw up.

"Oh my God... Piper." She said. She was laying face down on the ground, her hands tied behind her back. Blood was running from her nose and mouth and was pooling around her. A deep gash raked her cheek and multiple bruises covered her body.

"Holy Shit." Gilligan mumbled seeing it to.

"What is it?" Micheal asked.

"Gilligan, see if you can untie me." Julia said.

"Alright." Gilligan said, shifting closer. Julia could feel the ropes loosen, then they became loose enough for her to get her hand out. She shook the rest of the rope off as she ran over to Piper. She quickly turned her over onto her back. Her eyes fluttered open briefly.

"Piper, Oh God... What happened?" Julia asked. Piper mumbled an incoherent response, than coughed.

"I...Just... wanna go home." Piper said in a drastically slurred voice. Her head listed back but Julia snapped her back.

"Stay with me alright?" Julia ordered her. She frantically looked around. She looked for anything. There was nothing. Not a thing. Piper made a strange gurgling noise, the kind of sound someone makes when their mouth is full of water and tries to talk. She then went into a fit of violent coughing. "What's happening? What do I do?" Julia asked no one in particular. Julia could see Piper's face begin to lose color as she continued to cough.

"She's choking on her own blood Julia. Turn her on her side, hurry." Gilligan said. Julia looked over to him and saw he was busy untying Micheal. "Julia, Now. She's going to choke to death." Gilligan said. Julia snapped her attention to Piper and quickly rolled her onto her side. She saw a gush of blood come out of her mouth as she coughed. Then silence. Her body went limp. Julia could see her chest wasn't moving.

"She's not breathing... Oh God... She's not breathing." Julia stuttered.

"Julia, you took a CPR class. You know what to do." Micheal said.

"That was because I had to! I never wanted to actually use it!" Julia said.

"Julia, You need to try. Now. Or she's going to die." Micheal ordered. Julia shook her head as she turned Piper back over and placed her hands over her chest. She began pressing down.

"One.. Two.. Three." She counted as she went. She reached her number and realized she still wasn't breathing. She tilted Piper's head back slightly and opened her jaw. As soon as she made contact, she could taste the metallicness of the blood, but ignored it as she continued to breath into Piper. She then went back to the chest compression. She could tell it wasn't working, but just couldn't give up. She spit out the taste of blood as she continued to count. "One...Two..."

"Julia, I think she's..." Micheal said, struggling to put the last word in. "Dea-" as soon as he began saying it, Piper's eyes flew open and she gasped for air.

"On her side! On her side!" Gilligan ordered and Julia rolled her over. She was breathing heavily but alive. She was alive.

• [Sit with Brain] - I don't know which to choose to be honest, but this seems to be the more sympathetic of the two, so I figure I'll just go with this.

Chad Sparks Chad looked at Brian's outstretched hand. After a brief moment of hesitation Chad took his hand and shook firmly. Brain seeme

• edited September 2015

[Sit with Alina]

Chad Sparks Chad looked at Brian's outstretched hand. After a brief moment of hesitation Chad took his hand and shook firmly. Brain seeme

• [Sit with Brain] While I like Alina more as a character, Brian has been through a lot and just sitting with his gloomy football friends can't do him any good. I also think that he needs a friend more than Alina at the moment.

Also, Piper really owes Julia now. Having some badass fighter on her side is definitely a good thing. I'm also reliefed that Michael is alive and reunited with Julia and it's also cool that Gilligan has been thrown into the mix. These four hopefully make a good team against what awaits them at their destination (I guess more damn hunters, the ominious old man and likely that fucker Leland)

• [Sit with Alina] It seems like a good choice now but I could totally regret it late on, and by later on I mean like probably three or four hours from now

• [Sit with Brain] All caught up now! This is getting more interesting.

• [Sit with Brain]

• [Sit with Brain]

• [Sit with Alina]

• Adam Becker

"Damn this radio. Fucking thing's busted."

His eyes darted around, in every direction the sun was blinding. Sand stung his skin as he hugged the wall tightly. He peered around the corner slightly to get a better look, just as he did a bullet ricocheted off the wall. He quickly pulled his head back behind cover.

"Holy Shit Sarge, you alright?" Another man asked. Adam brushed it off.

"I'm fine. That fucker's up in the third story of that apartment complex down there. We can't go through the streets. Dixon, I'm going to lay down covering fire. When I do, you get your ass across the street. After Dixon is across, Buck will lay down covering fire for me and when I'm across I'll cover Buck. We follow that alleyway and get to that complex and take this guy out. Understood?" Adam asked the others.

"Yes sir." Buck said.

"I don't get it sarge, this isn't our mission. Why do we gotta put our asses on the line to get this guy?" Dixon asked.

"You want to leave this guy to pick off the next patrol that comes by?" Adam asked.

"No sir." Dixon said.

"Then get ready to move." Adam said as he gripped his rifle and gritted his teeth. "Now!" He yelled as he jumped from around the corner and began firing. Dixon took off in a dash and dove behind a wall, Adam quickly went back behind cover and dropped his clip, putting in a new one. He nodded to Buck.

"You're up." He said. Buck nodded as he began to fire wildly at the general direction of the sniper. Adam sprinted across the street and felt a poorly aimed bullet nip at the ground near him. He finally came to a rest next to Dixon.

"Buck, Let's go!" Adam yelled as he began firing at the sniper. When Buck made it across they regrouped.

"What's the plan sarge?" Buck asked.

"Stay low, don't get hit." Adam said.

"Good a plan as any." Dixon said. Adam took lead and went down the alleyway with Dixon behind him and Buck bringing up the rear. When they reached the alleyway, Adam stopped and crouched next to the wall, quickly joined by Buck and Dixon.

"Who's turn to go first?" Adam asked.

"It ain't me." Dixon said.

"Buck, You're up." Adam said.

"Fuck." Buck said. "Fine. I'm ready." Adam peaked around the corner and looked. Nothing.

"Move." Adam said. Buck began running across the street, but suddenly stopped in the center.

"Oh... Shit..." Buck said. There was a loud roar and Adam was suddenly knocked back. One second, Buck was there... Now, he wasn't. Rubble was flying everywhere.

"Buck! Holy Shit!" Dixon yelled. "He's dead. He's totally fucking dead." He said.

"Pull yourself together damn it!" Adam said, but even his words faltered when he saw Buck. Alive. But barely. Legless, crawling back towards cover on the other end of the street. Without hesitating, Adam broke into a sprint and grabbed Buck by the shirt, pulling him behind cover. Dixon quickly joined him.

"Holy shit.. What do we do?" Dixon asked. Adam just looked at him.

"That motherfucker...Get 'im. Kill 'im." Buck somehow managed though it was almost impossible to understand what he was saying. Adam could see the life draining from the man's eyes.

"Sarge, What do we do?" Dixon asked. Adam shook his head.

"We do what we're good at." Adam said.

"The hell does that mean?" Dixon demanded.

"It means I'm getting this fucker one way or another. I'm going to make him pay for this damn it." Adam snarled.

"We can't just-" Dixon began. But fueled by pure rage, Adam took off down the street with his gun gripped tightly. He threw open the door to the complex and sweeped the area. he then worked his way to the staircase and up towards the third floor, never once letting his guard down. He slowly made his way down the hallway, one foot in front of the other, then stopped. The door on his right was where the shot had been fired from. He threw himself against the wall and listened. Someone was definitely in there. He rasied his foot and brought it down on the door, which gave way and flew open. Adam stormed in and scanned the room. His gun came to rest on a man who was looking out the window, a rifle leaned against the wall next to him. He stood up and tried to face Adam, but Adam wouldn't let him. He unleashed in him. Pulled the trigger and didn't quit until he heard the click. There was nothing but a bloody pulp left. He walked closer to the man, but heard something. Out in the street. He looked through the window and saw multiple armed me making their way down the street. Adam quickly ran out the door and back to where Dixon was. As he came closer he saw Two men aiming guns at Dixon, who'd been caught off guard. Adam lifted his rifle and pulled the trigger, only to hear the dreaded click. This drew the attention of the gunmen, who aimed their guns in his direction, but he was quick and pulled his pistol. He got off multiple shots before they even got the chance. When the smoke settled, the two men had dropped dead. Dixon and Adam made their way out of the hot zone by foot.

Adam opened his eyes and looked around his shabby apartment. It had been years since that day but it still haunted him like it was yesterday. He still remembered the man pinning the medal to his chest and saluting. It only seemed to just mask the pain. He looked out through his window and into the street, it was an okay day. Not to good, not to bad. Maybe it would be a good chance to get out and do something, get away from here and get these memories away. John Brain nature reserve wasn’t far from here. Maybe he could get out and take a walk or something. Or maybe he could just stay home and watch TV.

Choice

[Go out to the park]

[Stay home]

Julia Carter

“Is she going to be alright?” She asked, her voice full of fear.

“I don’t know. I’m not a doctor, I can’t tell what’s wrong with her.” Michael said. “How do you even know her?” He asked.

“She’s one of the one’s that took me, but-“ Julia began.

“What? She kidnapped you and you fucking care about her?” Michael yelled.

“It wasn’t her fault. They have her sister.” Julia defended.

“So? They have my sister to.” Michael retorted.

“I guess we’re all in the same damn ship then.” Gilligan cut in. “Will you two just shut up? Arguing is going to get us nowhere. We aren’t like them. We aren’t going to willingly let people die, just to reach our quota.” He said. Michael glared at him, even in the darkness it was easy to see.

“Fine. You want to help her after what she did to us, go ahead. But I am not having any part of it.” Michael said angrily, then walked off to the back of the truck and sat against the wall. Julia shook her head.

“Thanks Gilligan. At least one of us here can keep our cool.” Julia said.

“I don’t know how I can do it. But it kinda feels like if we just start fighting each other, we’re giving up.” Gilligan said.

“How did you know what to do when Piper was chocking?” Julia asked. Gilligan shook his head.

“I don’t know.” He said. “I really don’t. Maybe I saw it somewhere once. Or maybe I read it somewhere.” Gilligan said.

“Yeah, probably.” Julia said, Just the she felt the truck slow down. She looked up to Gilligan, who had a fearful expression on his face.

“End of the line.” A voice outside announced as the door flew open. Multiple people were standing outside the door holding weapons trained on them. The man in the front was wearing a black suit and looked oddly out of place among the crowd. He wasn’t even armed.

“Alright, if you would please exit the vehicle.” He announced. Nobody moved. “Get the hell out of the truck.” He then said as he motioned to his men. A few of them climbed into the truck, Julia pushed herself farther against the wall as one of them came closer to her, but it didn’t work. The man grabbed her by her shirt collar. And picked her up, gently pushing her towards the door. She jumped down and was joined by Michael and Gilligan. Two men were working on putting Piper on a stretcher, as they carried her out, the man in a suit motioned for them to stop. They placed her on the ground and he crouched next to her, taking her hand.

“Piper.” He said in an almost fatherly tone. She weakly opened her eyes and looked at him. She opened her mouth to try and say something but he raised his hand and continued speaking. “Piper, you did a great job out there. You were finally able to lead us to where we needed to be. I’m proud of you kid. We’re one step closer to bringing these people down. You took a beating by the looks of it, so I’m guessing at some point your cover was blown. But that doesn’t matter. We’re sending you home now, we’ll be in contact.” He spoke, Piper attempted to nod in acknowledgment but winced in pain as she tried.

“Poor girl.” He said as he released her hand and stood up facing the group. “I assume you are the package that was meant to be delivered here?” He said. No one answered. “Okay, how bout this… My name is Gerald Parker. I’m with the FBI, we’ve been tracking these kidnapping events for a long time now, Piper was our informant on the inside.” He said.

“Then why did she try to kill me?” Julia demanded.

“Piper She’s uh… She is prone to having moments like that when she isn’t on her medicine. To put it simply.” Gerald said.

“C-Can I go home now?” Gilligan asked. Gerald gave a halfhearted smile.

“I’m sorry, but home isn’t safe right now. We’re putting you into witness protection, for now at least.” He said.

“How long?” Julia asked.

“A month or two at most.” Gerald said.

“But..” Michael said.

“It’s witness protection, or a coffin. Take your pick.” Gerald said.

“Asshole.” Michael mumbled.

“Alright then. If you would, follow me to the car and we’ll be on our way.” He said. Julia began to follow him, with the others right behind. The men with guns began searching the truck for anything useful. She noticed a van parked near the tree line next to an ambulance. Gerald looked over to the two men carrying Piper.

“Take her to the hospital, but do not let her out of your sights and do not under any circumstances leave her there alone, got it?” Gerald said.

“Yes sir.” One of the men said as they walked towards the ambulance. Piper seemed to be awake, but barely, and in a lot of pain. She was mumbling something to herself but Julia couldn’t hear it. Gerald grabbed the van door and slid it open.

“Get in and buckle up. It’s a long ride to North Perry.” Gerald said.

“North Perry? Where’s that?” Julia asked.

“North, on lake Erie. Population of like, nine hundred. Has a nuclear power plant there though.” Gilligan said. Gerald nodded.

“Exactly. If none of you, other than the brain here…” He said looking at Gilligan. “Knows where it is, then how would these people know where you were.” He said. “No get in so we can go.” He said. Julia nodded and got in, followed by Gilligan and Michael. Julia sat in the back while Michael and Gilligan sat in the second row, Gerald got in the passenger seat and nodded to the driver, who started the engine and began driving. The ambulance flipped on its lights and sirens and took off going in the opposite direction.

End of chapter.

• [Go out to the park] Fresh air is nice

Adam Becker "Damn this radio. Fucking thing's busted." His eyes darted around, in every direction the sun was blinding. Sand stung his

• [Go out to the park]

Something's going on here. I don't trust Gerald.

Adam Becker "Damn this radio. Fucking thing's busted." His eyes darted around, in every direction the sun was blinding. Sand stung his

• [Go out to the park]

Hmm... this alleged FBI agent is fishy and I really don't trust him. If Piper is really working for the FBI, why hasn't she revealed this when talking to Julia? And something is definitely not right with Gerald. However, I also don't think he is part of the kidnappers, because that would have been greatly unnecessary, considering that Julia, Michael and Gilligan have already been at their mercy. Perhaps he is indeed working for the FBI, but is not telling them the full truth.

• [Stay home]

• [Go out to the park]

• [Go out to the park]

• [Go out to the park]

Great to see Adam in the story :D

• [Go to the park] Great stuff! I find Piper very suspicious.

• Julia Carter

"We're here." Gerald announced as the van pulled to a stop in front of an average looking house. It was one story total, had green siding, and looked terribly worn down and the yard was fenced in with a dilapidated metal chain-link fence. Gerald opened his door and got out, pulling open the van's sliding door. "Come on. This is where you'll be staying for now." Gerald said as he walked up the overgrown sidewalk to the front door.

"I don't like being this close to a nuclear power plant." Gilligan stated as he walked. "Seems... Unsafe."

"Don't worry about it. Just ignore the glowing, and everything will be fine." He said, cracking a smile at his own lame joke.

"Not helping." Gilligan said as Gerald opened the door. They all followed him in, Micheal being the last in. Julia had to give it to the place, it looked better on the inside than it did outside. The door lead straight into the living room, which was painted a shade of green and had haphazardly hung pictures on the walls. A hallway to the left lead to the bedrooms and bathroom. And to the far right past the living room was the kitchen and dining room.

"Sorry for the mess." Gerald said. "It's been a while since anyone's used the place."

"I can tell." Julia said as she followed Gerald into the kitchen. Micheal flopped down into a recliner in the living room and Gilligan stood awkwardly near the door. Gerald opened a cabinet only to reveal it was empty.

"Looks like you guys are going to need food." He remarked as he pulled out a brown paper bag and stuffed it into the cabinet.

"What's in the bag?" Julia questioned.

"It's Piper's medicine. I got a call on the way here, they've been compromised out at the hospital so they have to transfer her here." Gerald said.

"Is she good enough to be here? She isn't going to die on us is she?" Julia asked.

"No. No, She won't die. What ever happened was just a freak event... Whatever it was..." Gerald said.

"It looked like she took a beating pretty bad and choked on her own blood." Gilligan spoke, Julia looked over to see he had appeared nearby. Gerald nodded.

"Yes. Anyways, Julia, When she's here you need to make damn sure she's on her medication. She likes to avoid taking it for some reason. I trust you can find a way to make her take it." Gerald said.

"Why can't you do it?" Julia asked.

"I'm not going to be here." Gerald said. "The FBI has more pressing matters right now, local police will be watching over you." Gerald said.

"Local police in a town of nine hundred. I feel so safe." Gilligan said.

"They're good people, and they know what they're doing. And they aren't completely alone. We'll send agents to check on you occasionally." Gerald said.

"How long are we going to be here?" Julia asked.

"Hard to say. Could be a few weeks to a few months." Gerald said.

"So, what do we do in the meantime? Try and dodge the radioactive fallout?" Gilligan asked.

"For now, you stay inside and keep you heads down. Until we tell you otherwise, you do not set foot outside this house." Gerald said. Suddenly there was the sound of a phone ringing. Gerald fished his phone from his pocket and looked at it. "Shit." He murmured. "I have to go."

"But-" Julia began, but he turned and walked out, closing the door behind him.

"Well... I guess we're alone now." Gilligan said.

"There's something odd about all of this." Julia said.

"What? You mean the fact that we just got kidnapped, only to get saved and stuck in a safe house in Fallout Alley?" Gilligan asked.

"No.. Just how Gerald acted, didn't it seem a little strange? Gave us no details and rushed out the door as soon as he could?" Julia asked.

"He's an FBI agent. He doesn't have the time or want to spend time with witnesses, that's someone else's job." Micheal spoke.

"Yeah, I guess so."

Darkness soon feel and everyone went into their respective rooms trying to obtain some sleep. Julia could feel herself drifting off as a noise jarred her back awake, something out on the street. She thought it was just some animal or something until she heard the sound of rattling metal. She quickly threw off the covers and crept silently down the hall into the living room where she walked to the window and peeled back the curtain, only a little but enough to see outside. The night was impossibly dark, but the street was bathed in an eerie yellow light from the street lamps. She scanned the front yard.

"What are you doing?" Gilligan's voice asked, Julia's heart skipped in her chest as she jumped.

"Don't fucking do that!" She snapped, trying to steady her breath.

"Sorry, I just heard something and thought I should check it out." He responded.

"You heard it to?" Julia asked.

"Yeah, sounded like something got into the yard." Gilligan said.

"I didn't see anything." Julia said.

"Probably just a raccoon." Gilligan said. "I'm surprised Micheal isn't out here."

"He could sleep through a tornado. Actually, I think he did once." Julia said. "Yeah, 2000. An F4 came through Xenia, ripped the place to shreds. Micheal was snoring like a rock when it was all over." She recalled.

"Really?" Gilligan said. "Hasn't Xenia gotten hit by like three tornadoes?" He asked.

"I think-" Julia began but was cut off when she heard the sound of a door creaking open in the back of the house. Her heart raced as she heard footsteps entering into the kitchen.

"J-Julia?" A voice called.

"Piper?" Julia asked.

"Thank God. I thought I was to late." Piper said as she entered the living room. She was walking with a limp, and holding her ribs on her right side. Her nose looked drastically broken, and she had a big black eye.

"Are you alright? Should you be walking?" Julia asked, as she placed a hand on her shoulder. Piper brushed it off.

"It doesn't matter if I'm fine. We need to go. Before they get here. They aren't who you think they are." Piper said.

"What do you mean?" Julia asked.

"It means she lying to you." An angry voice called. Julia looked behind her to see Gerald standing in the doorway, gun drawn. Julia suddenly realized she was standing in between the two of them.

"I-I'm not lying to you." She stuttered. "They want to use you. I know what's going to happen, they said they were going to kill me and go after you. You gotta believe me." Piper said.

"Julia, This woman is not on her medication. She's not in control. You need to step away." Gerald growled.

"I'm not on any medicine!" Piper exclaimed. "I never have and never will be." She said.

"Julia, you need to just step aside before she hurts someone." Gerald said.

"He won't shoot you. He can't, Julia. He'll kill me, he won't hesitate." Piper said as she hugged the wall closer to get out of Gerald's line of sight.

"Move. Now." Gerald barked.

Choice

[Side with Piper]

[Side with Gerald]

• [Side with Piper]

Julia Carter "We're here." Gerald announced as the van pulled to a stop in front of an average looking house. It was one story total, had

• [Side with Piper]

This just confirms my stance on Gerald. We shouldn't trust him. Piper stood up for us, after all. I'd trust her over him any day.

Julia Carter "We're here." Gerald announced as the van pulled to a stop in front of an average looking house. It was one story total, had

• [Side with Piper]

I knew something was off with that guy! I wasn't expecting him to show his true colours already, but it is clear that he has no good intentions. The main question is, why are Julia and Gilligan and apparently Michael so damn important to him? What does Gerald want to use them for? Anyway, I don't believe a word he says. If he would truly be on Julia's side, he wouldn't be so damn mysterious and rude towards her.

• Gilligan Anderson

Gilligan stood nervously, back against the wall, as he watched Julia give Gerald a cold glare though obvious fear shined through.

"Move out of the fucking way." He demanded once more.

"No." Julia responded in an attempted authoritative tone, though it sounded more unsure of itself. He saw Gerald's eyes widen in anger, his grip tightening on the pistol in his hand. He slightly raised it at Julia.

"You can't shoot her Gerald. You can't. The old man will be pissed." Piper said quickly.

"Piper, you were one of our best, what made you change your mind?" Gerald said.

"I wanted my sister back you bastard. It just took me until now to realize what I was actually doing to get her back." Piper said.

"I see. But my dear Piper, you're wrong about one thing." Gerald said. "We have a house full of freaks right here, whats minus one going to mean in the long run?" He said. Gilligan saw it to late. Gerald raised his gun all the way and fire a quick shot, only one. It echoed through the air and for a moment it seemed like he'd missed anyone. Then he heard the sound of something crashing to the ground. Gilligan looked to his side to see Julia, eyes widened in bewilderment, fall to the ground. Right where her heart used to be was now a large hole spewing blood from her body.

"Julia!" Gilligan yelled, drawing Gerald attention to him.

"No!" Piper yelled the instant she figured out what happened. She stepped out from behind the wall with her hands clenched in anger.

"Oh... God..." Gerald said, his voice strained. Gilligan saw he was holding his throat as he dropped his gun, blood began to emerge from his mouth and nose flowing down his chin and dropping to the floor.

"What's happening?" Gilligan asked, and received no response. Gerald fell to the floor, loosening his grip. His body soon afterwards stopped convulsing. It was clear he was dead. Gilligan looked away to Piper, who was breathing heavily and looked just as shocked as him.She slightly rocked backwards then spoke.

"Where are the pills?" She asked.

"What?" Gilligan asked, as she turned and began looking through drawers.

"The pills. He brought them here. Where are they?" She asked.

"You said you weren't on pills though." Gilligan said. Piper gave him a sad look.

"It's not... It's not what you think, okay? I'm not... Dangerous or anything." She spoke. "I swear I'm not dangerous. He lied to you, he just wanted you to turn against me. Just tell me where the pills are, please." She begged. Gilligan looked over to Gerald.

"In the cabinet on your right." He said. Piper rushed to the cabinet and opened it, pulling out the bag. She pulled out an orange bottle with a white twist-top cap. She got out two capsules and walked over to the sink. She filled a glass with water and downed the pills. She set the glass on the counter and instantly crumbled to the ground in tears. She crawled across the floor to Julia and took her head into her hands.

"This isn't real... It can't be." Piper choked between sobs. "Come back, please. Come back."

"What the hell happened out here?" Micheal's voice called from down the hallway.

"Micheal, don't come in here." Gilligan said to late. Micheal walked into the room, stopping at the entrance. "Holy shit." He said, then he spotted Julia. Then his eyes locked onto Piper. "You bitch! You killed her!" He yelled.

"No, Micheal. It wasn't her." Gilligan tried to say but it was to late. He charged forward and tackled Piper to the ground, She was able to crawl away but not far before Micheal climbed on top of her and began to viciously attack her with a flurry of punches. Piper didn't even try to defend herself as he continued to hit her.

"Stop! Micheal, stop!" Gilligan said as he rushed forward and tried to pull Micheal away from her, but Micheal threw him away. He stumbled back and tripped. His landing was softer than it should've been. He heard a thumping sound as he turned his head and realized his head was resting on Julia's bloodstained chest. He quickly sat up with a jolt, heart racing. Then it hit him. He lowered his ear to her chest again, it was stronger this time. Her chest began to move up and down as her lungs filled with air. Gilligan's eyes widened as he turned to Micheal, who had not relented on his attack on Piper.

"Micheal!" He said, with no response.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" A feminine voice said behind him. Gilligan turned and saw Julia sitting up, gripping her chest where she'd been shot. She moved her hand and revealed a simple scar where a gaping bullet hole had just been. Gilligan saw Micheal drop another punch and freeze, as he jumped up and spun around facing Julia. His eyes widened.

"You- You're alive!" He exclaimed as he rushed forward and wrapped her in a hug.

"Yeah, of course I am." Julia said. "Why wouldn't I be?" She asked.

"It doesn't matter now." Micheal said, not releasing his sister. "We just need to stay here and wait for the police to show up." He said.

"No very smart." Piper's labored voice spoke. "Gerald was just the first... There'll be mor-." He words drifted off as her head fell back, hitting the hardwood floor.

"She's right, we can't stay here." Julia said, noticing the dead body of Gerald.

"You were shot in the heart! You can't be walking!" Micheal exclaimed as he for the first time let go of her.

"I'm fine." She said as she rose to her feet, seemingly not even fazed by the earlier events.

"How are you..." Micheal began.

"I don't know, and I'd rather not. I'm sure there's some sort of explanation." Gilligan said. "The bullet probably just skimmed her instead of hitting her, just knocked her out?" He said trying for an explanation.

"We'll figure out what fucking happened later. Right now, we need to go." Julia said.

"No, We're staying. You don't need to be walking." Micheal said.

"Piper said that those people might be coming back. It won't matter if I can walk or not then." Julia snapped as she walked over to Piper.

"She almost got you killed! She kidnapped you! She's fucking insane and on pills and shit!" Micheal said.

"She's alone and scared Micheal. She didn't want any of this to happen. And she told me she wasn't on pills, it was just a lie Gerald told us." Julia said. Gilligan remembered what Piper had told him earlier but opted to keep his mouth shut.

Choice

[Leave]

[Stay]

• [Leave] - More people are probably on their way. Staying just presents them with a whole new set of problems if they let themselves be boxed in the house. Leaving, moving, getting out of there is likely the best option.

And also, they've been augmented! They have superpowers! They have abilities! :O

Gilligan Anderson Gilligan stood nervously, back against the wall, as he watched Julia give Gerald a cold glare though obvious fear shine

• edited September 2015

Holy shit! What the hell happened to Julia? I feel like Captain Obvious for pointing that out, but that was clearly some sort of superpower she showed there. Recovering from a goddamn shot to the heart in a matter of seconds... I start to see why Gerald's boss is interested in them. I even had the theory that they have some sort of power a bit earlier, when the kidnappers were concerned that Julia might hurt someone and later, when Gilligan instinctively knew what to do when Piper was choking. But I have never thought that Julia would show some Wolverine-level healing skills. And I guess Piper has some powers too, as it looked like she killed Gerald with her mind. Or perhaps that was Gilligan too, without even noticing it. In any way, that was awesome and intriguing at the same time.

[Leave]

For someone who was pretty much dead a few seconds ago, Julia is remarkably fine. If a shot to the heart can't kill her, leaving the house almost certainly won't do it either. And they need to get the hell away from there. I mean, Gerald was obviously working for the same person who already kidnapped them, but there is the possibility that he still said the truth when he claimed to be working for the FBI. And well, try to explain a dead FBI agent without any obvious wounds and a person who survived a shot to the heart to some smalltown policemen. It's better to leave now before more bad guys find their way to the house.

Gilligan Anderson Gilligan stood nervously, back against the wall, as he watched Julia give Gerald a cold glare though obvious fear shine

• [Leave]

• edited September 2015

[Side with Gerald] Well i guess iwas too late for this one ^^

• [Leave]

• [Leave] okay after all this I think its best to run away from here.

• [Leave]

• Julia Carter

"We can't stay here. We don't know who we can trust." Gilligan said, making up his mind.

"And you want to trust her?" Micheal sniffed angrily as he nodded to Piper's body which was still crumbled on the floor.

"Would you rather sit here and wait to die? I'm sure we can just leave without you." Julia asked.

"No, Julia. I don't want to die, I just want the cops to figure this all out." Micheal said.

"I got shot in the fucking heart. I should be dead." Julia said, motioning to the quarter sized hole in her shirt. "But I'm not. I'm not even hurt. How do you figure that out?" Julia asked. Micheal paced a little, then pointed towards Piper.

"Her. She'll know. She has to." He said a hint of anger in his voice.

"She doesn't know anything." Julia said. "She's just as scared as the rest of us."

"You're wrong. About one thing." Piper's voice struggled. Julia looked back and saw she was gripping the wall as she tried to stand. Gilligan tried to offer her a hand, but she waved it away. "If Julia can take a bullet to the heart, I can take a few punches." She muttered as she uneasily found her footing.

"What do you know? Tell me everything. Everything you've been lying about." Micheal said as he marched up to her, she cowered as he got close.

"I didn't lie to you." She said. "I... I just never gave you the truth."

"Well now's the time." Micheal barked.

"Okay... Okay. I'll tell you everything I know." Piper said, though she was obviously still tense with Micheal standing near her. "There's these people in the world. People like Julia, people that can do things that break human laws. It's some sort of genetic abnormality in the DNA that causes this... Mutation." She said. Micheal looked over to Julia.

"So there's more people like you." He said. "But that doesn't explain why you fucking kidnapped us, and why the FBI is on their side." He said. Piper looked to the floor and back up.

"I never wanted to hurt anyone." Piper said.

"Well you did. And now you got to live with it." He said. "So get on with it." She looked hurt by the comment but continued anyways.

"There's some people out there that think that these people with powers are... Dangerous." Piper said. "They want them out of society, one way or another. I don't know where they take them or what they do with them." She said.

"So that means I have a power to?" Micheal asked.

"No. It doesn't there's no way to tell if someone has a power or not until they show it." Piper said.

"So you were just going around picking people at random to send to God knows where?" Micheal asked.

"It wasn't my call! I do what they say or they start killing people!" Piper said, with an obvious tear flowing down her cheek. Julia noticed Gilligan was eyeing Gerald's body.

"Did... Did i do that?" He asked. Piper sighed.

"No... That, that was me." Piper said.

"So you have a power too." Micheal said.

"Yes. I have a power. I've hidden it for my entire life. I was just to scared. I let it loose." Piper said. "I killed him."

"Uh, Guys." Gilligan said. "Someone's coming." He said. Sure enough, Julia heard the sound of a car door closing.

"Out the back door. Hurry!" Piper said as she began to limp in that direction. She opened the door and waited. Julia was the first through, followed by Micheal. She looked back to Gilligan, who was still in the kitchen. "Hurry!" She snapped as she ran out, leaving the door open. Gilligan soon came out of the house, just as the sound of the front door being busted down came through. The four of them took off running for the woods that lied behind the house. Piper tripped as they ran, and Gilligan helped her up. They were just into the woods as a figure emerged in the doorway of the house.

"They're running for the woods!" The figure yelled and broke into a sprint after them. Julia dodged the trees and roots as she ran, a thorn bush tore into her leg as she ran setting it on fire, but she did not stop. After what felt like forever, Piper yelled to the group.

"Guys! Here!" She yelled. Julia stopped running and looked back. She was crouched down on the ground brushing leaves away. Her hands grasped a handle and she lifted upwards. A large metal door creaked open. She ran in and was followed by the other three. The last one in, Micheal, grabbed the door and slammed it shut, making it pitch black inside. Julia heard the sound of a button being clicked and a light filled the room, not bright, but good enough. A small battery operated lantern was all they had. Julia looked around. It almost looked like it belonged to the basement of a house.

"What is this place?" Micheal asked.

"Beats me." Piper said, as she flopped down onto one of the cots that occupied the space.

"It's a fallout shelter." Gilligan said.

"In the middle of the woods?" Julia asked.

"It's not government standard." Gilligan said, looking at the inventory. "It must have been build by someone on their own, someone afraid of radiation."

"Good to know we aren't going to die of radiation today." Micheal said.

"I think we have bigger things to worry about." Piper said as she slid out a case from under the bed. She opened it up to reveal a shiny chrome pistol with two mags. She picked up the pistol in her left hand and took one mag in her right, sliding it into the butt of the pistol, than pulling back the slide. Micheal turned around and saw she had a gun. He instantly grabbed it and yanked it from her hands. He looked half ready to shoot her.

"I-I I wasn't going to hurt you." She stammered. "Those people. They're after us, what if they find this place?" Piper said. Micheal gave her a cold glare.

"Then I'll be the one with the gun." Micheal said as he walked off to the far side off the room, taking a seat on one of the cots, back facing everyone. Julia saw Gilligan take a seat near to Piper, he said something and she looked up. Julia looked back to Micheal. He looked pretty pissed as he laid back onto his cot, pistol in hand.

Choice

[Talk with Gilligan and Piper]

[Talk with Micheal]

[Talk to no one.]

• [Talk with Gilligan and Piper] Forgot to vote last choice

Julia Carter "We can't stay here. We don't know who we can trust." Gilligan said, making up his mind. "And you want to trust her?" Mic

• edited September 2015

So, they are mutants! Now, that's cool. We got someone with rad healing powers, someone who can kill with her mind and someone with whatever Gilligan's power is. I wonder if some of the other characters, like Chad or Alina have powers too. As for this group, it looks like poor Michael is the only one without any sort of power, or at least without any sort of visible power. But well, at least he has a gun now, so he got that going for him, which is nice.

[Talk with Micheal]

He is the one who's pissed angry and also the one who has no one to talk to right now to calm down again. The time has come for some serious sibling talk.

Julia Carter "We can't stay here. We don't know who we can trust." Gilligan said, making up his mind. "And you want to trust her?" Mic

• [Talk with Micheal]

Like Liquid said, it's time Julia talked some sense into Micheal or at the very least let him vent a little.

• [Talk with Micheal]

I missed the last votings, but damn, shit got real. I did not see superpowers coming, that was a great plottwist! Julia is Wolverine now :D

• [Talk to no one.]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.