Episode 4 release?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Nimeni wrote: »
    Don't forget Sam and Max 3. :D

And I wouldn't give up on Tuesday, just yet. TT releases often catch one off guard.

Well, I figured they would take a 'longer' break before another series of Sam & Max.

But i remeber Muzzled did take me off guard :o
  • edited July 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    bogey.jpg

That should be, official art, it's really good!
  • edited July 2009
    Hate to nag, but any idea if/when episode 2 is going to appear on Xbox Live Arcade? I know it's Summer of Arcade right now, but I was kinda hoping for late August release?
  • edited July 2009
    Still think it's coming out tomorrow, people?

Next Tuesday perhaps.
  • edited July 2009
    They don't always announce a new episode that much in advance. It very well could still come out tomorrow.
  • edited July 2009
    jweir wrote: »
    They don't always announce a new episode that much in advance. It very well could still come out tomorrow.

They usually at least announce a bit before the day before, don't they?
  • edited July 2009
    Look at your game page if you pre-ordered it, they've got the icon up. They did that for Tales of Monkey Island the day before it was released as well... looks like we're getting it tomorow.
  • edited July 2009
    I sure hope so. It's about time. We kinda run out of July.
  • edited July 2009
    And thus the game season ends, not with a bang, but with a whimper, muffled by the praise of Tales of Monkey Island.

Man I suck at being poetic.
  • edited July 2009
    Look at your game page if you pre-ordered it, they've got the icon up. They did that for Tales of Monkey Island the day before it was released as well... looks like we're getting it tomorow.

Tales of monkey island came out in the mid afternoon on the west coast. expect to get your hands on it wednesday ha ha yep i will be looking to see if it posts on Wednesday if it is tuesday it wont be out till Dusk :D
  • edited July 2009
    They released the last episode right at midnight (their time) so it wouldn't suprise me if they did the same for this episode.
  • edited July 2009
    gamespy has said the release date is the 28th for a while now.
  • edited July 2009
    jared25 wrote: »
    Tales of monkey island came out in the mid afternoon on the west coast. expect to get your hands on it wednesday ha ha yep i will be looking to see if it posts on Wednesday if it is tuesday it wont be out till Dusk :D

if I remember.. previously they released W&G early in the morning (GMT), as it is a british franchise so we could very well see it early in the day.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Hey all, The Bogey Man is confirmed for a July 29 release!
  • edited July 2009
    Woohoo! :)
  • edited July 2009
    Here's hoping we actually get to play as Wallace for once.
  • edited July 2009
    YAY! Episode 4!

Now I only need money! But pretty cool anyway ^^!
  • edited July 2009
    i hope it comes out at midnight for there fans, i expect it to be probably 2:00 pm pacific time. hope for the best expect the worst. i cant beleive i was right about a wednesday release niiice
  • edited July 2009
    David E wrote: »
    Hey all, The Bogey Man is confirmed for a July 29 release!

No! My early guess was off with just one day!

Still - Yes! At last! I've been waiting for this one all summer. I didn't like Muzzled very much since I missed playing as Wallace. I'll cancel my plans for tomorrow!
  • edited July 2009
    Wow, I seriously didn't expect it out tomorrow! Which means there's no way I'm getting a review done, but still excited for it!

And I'm the opposite. I preferred Muzzled! because I prefer playing as Gromit!
  • edited July 2009
    Ah, that's good, it will give me a distraction this week.

I am honestly looking forward to this. I wasn't overly impressed by how the season started, but by playing on I've seen how it's been improving over time.

Besides, Telltale seem to have a knack of making their season finales suitably epic. ^_^;;
  • edited July 2009
    gamespy has said the release date is the 28th for a while now.

I wouldn't trust Gamespy (not just because they got it wrong this time). Like most sites, they post rumored times and guesses so that they can be one of the first to post the date. It's best to listen out for official word on release dates. Dates for releases in specific countries can be a bit more difficult to get hold of, though.
  • edited July 2009
    Hmm. In here it says that Bogey Man is coming July 27. I guess it's a typo.
  • edited July 2009
    It's Next Wed. Just check out the blog!
  • edited July 2009
    It's tomorrow. :D
  • edited July 2009
    I prefer playing as Gromit.

The Wallace section in Muzzled was embarrassingly easy though. I'm hopig the Bogey Man has a bit more challenge to it. Still, my ten year old brother loved it. I guess that's the target audience.
  • edited July 2009
    I hope that they don't pull the same crap they did with Monkey Island & make those who didn't buy the full season wait until a month later to get it.
  • edited July 2009
    I hope that they don't pull the same crap they did with Monkey Island & make those who didn't buy the full season wait until a month later to get it.

that is a good idea they should do that:rolleyes:
  • edited July 2009
    roberttitus, you can get each episode individually for $8.95 US, or your can get all 4 in the season set for $34.95 US.

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/wallaceandgromit

So, what's the big deal?
  • edited July 2009
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    roberttitus, you can get each episode individually for $8.95 US, or your can get all 4 in the season set for $34.95 US.

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/wallaceandgromit

So, what's the big deal?

I'm not trying to start ANOTHER arguement, but what does that have to do with anything? I have the first 3. Fright of the Bumblebees for the 360 & the other two on my PC. I just didn't purchase the season pass & I am hoping that they don't pull a Monkey Island on The Bogey Man. Especially considering that I am planning to use my 50% off coupon on it.
  • edited July 2009
    Pull a monkey island? :confused:

I am sorry, but there really is no argument to be had here. I can say the the episode WILL be able to be purchased separately. (they are not in the habit of releasing most of a set one way... then saying you can't get the final episode by itself)

Most of the time they add more ways to purchase a game as the season rolls on.

They also have been known to do "season upgrade" deals, where you can get the rest of a set for a reduced price if you have already purchased one or two episodes (just email them, they don't bite... support@telltalegames.com)
  • edited July 2009

Uhh, seconded? What are we talking about here?
  • edited July 2009
    do you think it will be out before 1:00 am PST
  • edited July 2009
    jared25 wrote: »
    do you think it will be out before 1:00 am PST

Uhh... since no one at Telltale is working right now, I highly doubt it.
  • edited July 2009
    They released all the others around 2:00 AM EST... Cause the game kinda caters to a different time zone, you know?
  • edited July 2009
    Software is like a fine meal at a restaurant. I'd rather wait 10 minutes extra and be sure everything is thoroughly cooked than have the plate set before me only to find everything blackened on the outside and raw on the inside.

Of course, stretching the analogy further, if I sit there until 11pm and they tell me the food is "almost done" I'll be mad as hell (*cough* Microsoft *cough*) but thus far Telltale has impressed me no end with their ability to keep to schedule.

Being a programmer myself I can appreciate how difficult this is, especially when you're trying to figure out how to make xyz special effect to make a part of the game cooler, or you're trying to find that impossible bug that only happens 30% of the time.

Hold tight folks, the meal is almost ready...
  • edited July 2009

I am sorry, but there really is no argument to be had here. I can say the the episode WILL be able to be purchased separately. (they are not in the habit of releasing most of a set one way... then saying you can't get the final episode by itself)

Most of the time they add more ways to purchase a game as the season rolls on.

They also have been known to do "season upgrade" deals, where you can get the rest of a set for a reduced price if you have already purchased one or two episodes (just email them, they don't bite... support@telltalegames.com)

For the last time... I know how the system works.... you don't have to explain it to me. All I'm saying is go to the Monkey Island page right now & try to purchase just the first episode... it can't be done. Telltale have started making people who didn't buy the season pass wait to download the seperate games. Hence the "I hope they don't pull a Monkey Island" comment, because it would totally suck if they made it so that people who didn't get the season pass have to wait a month or two to get the episode just as they are doing with the Monkey Island series.
  • edited July 2009
    I just didn't purchase the season pass & I am hoping that they don't pull a Monkey Island on The Bogey Man.

i don't suppose they will change their release policy for the last episode. so far, i bought all the episodes individually and there were no restrictions if you hadn't subscribed to the whole season.

i believe, monkey island is different, because it was somewhat designed to be a single game in five parts and thus was marketed as such. maybe telltale will use this strategy for the upcoming games as well, but i still hope that they will return to their old "sinlge episode, full season or season upgrade"-options. like back in the good old days. okay, i usually bought the full seasons...but i can understand, why people prefer single episodes.
  • edited July 2009
    dcrole wrote: »
    Software is like a fine meal at a restaurant. I'd rather wait 10 minutes extra and be sure everything is thoroughly cooked than have the plate set before me only to find everything blackened on the outside and raw on the inside.

Of course, stretching the analogy further, if I sit there until 11pm and they tell me the food is "almost done" I'll be mad as hell (*cough* Microsoft *cough*) but thus far Telltale has impressed me no end with their ability to keep to schedule.

Being a programmer myself I can appreciate how difficult this is, especially when you're trying to figure out how to make xyz special effect to make a part of the game cooler, or you're trying to find that impossible bug that only happens 30% of the time.

Hold tight folks, the meal is almost ready...

Now not only do I want to play Bogey Man, I also want to get something to eat.:)
  • edited July 2009
    Well there is no midnight release again. Looks like i wont wait for this thing to come out. I will just download it thursday and be done with it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.