Episode 4 release?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    @ Trilogy:

How true, how true... I really begin to hate this time zone thingies too.
  • edited July 2009
    I don't understand why Telltale couldn't have told us about this delay sooner. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wasted loads of time hanging around here.

Oh well...

Charlie
  • edited July 2009
    Just saw this video from comic-con over in the TOMI sub-forum, and in case you haven't seen it there's some concept art and brief in game clips from W&G Episode 4.
    (Tagged for possible mild spoilers)
  • edited July 2009
    I don't mind the waiting but I am gonna lose my fast connection which would have been nice considering the file sizes of W&G episodes in the past.
  • edited July 2009
    ITS STILL NOT OUT!? It is 6 o'friggin'clock eastern time.... these guys really shouldn't promise something when they know they aren't going to deliver on it.
  • edited July 2009
    ITS STILL NOT OUT!? It is 6 o'friggin'clock eastern time.... these guys really shouldn't promise something when they know they aren't going to deliver on it.

You'd rather they just release it and not fix some last minute issues? As long as it's out by midnight PST, it's on time as far as I'm concerned. They try to release early in the day, but that doesn't always happen.
  • edited July 2009
    Is it wrong to prefer evening releases? after dinner and I am settled... play for a few hours then go to bed.

Ah, there's nothing better. (well actually there is, but I cant say what on a PG-13 forum :rolleyes: )
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    You'd rather they just release it and not fix some last minute issues? As long as it's out by midnight PST, it's on time as far as I'm concerned. They try to release early in the day, but that doesn't always happen.

They only posted the release date two days ago. They could have played it safe and set the release date a day later rather than release it late in the day.

Charlie
  • edited July 2009
    They only posted the release date two days ago. They could have played it safe and set the release date a day later rather than release it late in the day.

Charlie

They still do testing up to the very moment it's released, if they find a glaring flaw somewhere, they're going to take the time and fix it.
  • edited July 2009
    That doesn't stop them from TELLING US.
  • edited July 2009
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Is it wrong to prefer evening releases?
    well, for me every release so far was an evening release. this one is going to be a tomorrow release....okay actually it's already tomorrow today, so it probably will be a today release but on a different today than it would have been yesterday.
  • edited July 2009

Exactly
  • edited July 2009
    They did this with MI. They have about 3-4 hours until they will release it. That's what happened before.

But thing of the many many many bugs that show up on the first day of Telltale games. Wallace stuffs up, TOMI had issues and I imagine this one will have it's fair share of problems. At least the delay will mean they will fix the problems.
  • edited July 2009

They did tell us, over 3 hours ago.
    David E wrote: »
    Hey guys, it looks like the team is still working on some outstanding issues with The Bogey Man, so it'll likely be an evening (Pacific Time) release.
  • edited July 2009
    Obviously they need to not tell anyone anything beforehand and announce it after they release it, otherwise they can't satisfy anyone.
  • edited July 2009
    It's only a game. If you can't wait a few hours or so for a game then you need to take a close look at your priorities.

And as for wanting the team to communicate to us, well I'd rather they concentrate on getting the game ready for release.
  • edited July 2009
    It's only a game. If you can't wait a few hours or so for a game then you need to take a close look at your priorities.

And as for wanting the team to communicate to us, well I'd rather they concentrate on getting the game ready for release.

Amen to that.
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    They did tell us, over 3 hours ago.

I'm sure they knew about these 'outstanding issues' the day before, so why wait until today to tell us?

Telltale normally have their games released about 9:00am PST (TOMI was the exception and Wallace and Grommit has been released even earlier) so there's no way they didn't know yesterday evening they wern't going to make the usual release time.

I don't have a problem with delays it's that we didn't know about the delay until the last second and we didn't know the release date until two days before. Would it have killed them to post one message yesterday to say 'expect an evening release'???

Charlie
  • edited July 2009
    I honestly don't think they did know until this morning that these problems would arise. Cut them some slack.
  • edited July 2009
    puerca wrote: »
    I honestly don't think they did know until this morning that these problems would arise. Cut them some slack.

They would have at least known if they could release the game first thing in the morning or not. I love Telltale, I really do. I just think their communication sucks.

Charlie
  • edited July 2009
    QUALITY, please. QUALITY is the most important thing here. I don't mind to wait some days, if they deliver a good final chapter to these wonderful series. And please, a Season 2!!!! :)
  • edited July 2009
    I don't care when it comes out, I just hope that it comes out before Telltale decides "No you cannot have discounts. Not yours."
  • edited July 2009
    They would have at least known if they could release the game first thing in the morning or not. I love Telltale, I really do. I just think their communication sucks.

Charlie

Well you are forgetting one important thing.... the game was originally supposed to be released on the 27th. I can see this game being released sometime next week.
  • edited July 2009
    Well you are forgetting one important thing.... the game was originally supposed to be released on the 27th. I can see this game being released sometime next week.

since when? there hasn't been any official release date until the 27th and that date is the 29th which it will still be for them for a little under 8 hours.
  • edited July 2009
    since when? there hasn't been any official release date until the 27th and that date is the 29th which it will still be for them for a little under 8 hours.

Really Now? Go to the Bogey Man page... it says that the game's release date was going to be the 27th. It has actually said that for weeks, I don't know how you could have missed it.

Direct quote

Episode 4: The Bogey Man
    Wallace & Gromit Take on the Country Club
    Wallace has been admitted to Prickly Thicket, the oldest country club in Lancashire. Wallace and his faithful caddie Gromit get wrapped up in a decades-old club dispute that threatens to destroy their peaceful West Wallaby lifestyle, and the duo must fight to save the neighborhood they hold dear! Coming July 27!
  • edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009
    Bruno83 wrote: »

I now that... but you are missing the point.... it says on the store page July 27.
  • edited July 2009
    I am going to take on all arguements at the same time... chances are there is something in this post to shut everyone up...

#1) they NEVER posted any sort of final concrete release date (up till 2 days ago)...

#2) As I have said about 5 times now, they now have more freedom with their releases. if they need a few more hours to sort out a release, they now can... so let them have the extra time...

#3) Once the game is out, that's it, no opportunities for bugfixes until the dvd version comes out. You want a buggy game now? or wait for a few more hours for a better release...

#4) Yes, they knew that they would be releasing the game on the 29th 3 weeks ago... they also foresaw that they would run late with the release cause of comic con... and that they would need a few hours to fix some last minute bugs...

They just decided to keep us all in the dark, yeah... that makes a lot of sense

#5) So I guess the international dateline has moved to the pacific timezone huh? and that the new day begins at 12:00 noon? It did not come out before noon so ergo it did not land on its expected date? does 6 hours really make that much of a difference?

#6) Yes, have them give us updates every 10 minutes... take valuable manpower off the launch team when its "all hands on deck" mode... that will get the episode out faster for sure

You all need to calm down, seriously... it will be out in the next few hours (I would say less than 3)
  • edited July 2009
    C'mon people... some games get delayed by months... so what's a few hours?
  • edited July 2009
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    I am going to take on all arguements at the same time... chances are there is something in this post to shut everyone up...

#1) they NEVER posted any sort of final concrete release date (up till 2 days ago)...

#2) As I have said about 5 times now, they now have more freedom with their releases. if they need a few more hours to sort out a release, they now can... so let them have the extra time...

#3) Once the game is out, that's it, no opportunities for bugfixes until the dvd version comes out. You want a buggy game now? or wait for a few more hours for a better release...

#4) Yes, they knew that they would be releasing the game on the 29th 3 weeks ago... they also foresaw that they would run late with the release cause of comic con... and that they would need a few hours to fix some last minute bugs...

They just decided to keep us all in the dark, yeah... that makes a lot of sense

#5) So I guess the international dateline has moved to the pacific timezone huh? and that the new day begins at 12:00 noon? It did not come out before noon so ergo it did not land on its expected date? does 6 hours really make that much of a difference?

#6) Yes, have them give us updates every 10 minutes... take valuable manpower off the launch team when its "all hands on deck" mode... that will get the episode out faster for sure

You all need to calm down, seriously... it will be out in the next few hours (I would say less than 3)

Telltale worker in disguise!!! Telltale worker in disguise!!! Get your gun, we gonna have ourselves a Revolution!!!
  • edited July 2009
    I can see this game being released sometime next week.

funny just because it apears to be on time, you now want it to come out next week. You should get your wish come back in a week LOL:D
    it will be out before thursday. end of line
  • edited July 2009
    I now that... but you are missing the point.... it says on the store page July 27.

I guess the blog's just a little more up to date then the store page...
  • edited July 2009
    Bruno83 wrote: »
    I guess the blog's just a little more up to date then the store page...

But that is my exact point. The game was ORIGINALLY supposed to come out 2 days ago. So who is to say that they won't delay it again.
  • edited July 2009
    But that is my exact point. The game was ORIGINALLY supposed to come out 2 days ago. So who is to say that they won't delay it again.

you love confrontations they had to close a thread because of the blunt contrast you gave other members.
  • edited July 2009
    jared25 wrote: »
    you love confrontations they had to close a thread because of the blunt contrast you gave other members.

Actually... the closing of the thread was my idea, because people were being increasingly rude (as in talking about how I take care of my family & such)... but whatever. Just because I point out something & people can't except it, that isn't my problem.
  • edited July 2009
    Well, I'm going to sleep now (it's 2am of Thursday 30th here). Hope tomorrow morning it'll be released... or maybe when I come in there's a revolution here and the floor of Telltale Games offices is covered by blood... who knows :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2009
    Well, they COULD have mentioned the delay in the blog.
  • edited July 2009
    Well, they COULD have mentioned the delay in the blog.

I think that is what the forum is for and they have posted here. I think they have been very clear and forthcoming about the delay. Just hold on a little longer!
  • edited July 2009
    puerca wrote: »
    I think that is what the forum is for and they have posted here. I think they have been very clear and forthcoming about the delay. Just hold on a little longer!

who posted it here what was posted about a delay?? that senior member person that looks like a muppet :confused:

edit: David E he works for them? that was posted 6 hours ago.
  • edited July 2009
    and it is still evening Pacific time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.