The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Davies wrote: »
    Can anyone say... Jessica Rabbit?!

No :( No I can't say it... *cries*
  • edited July 2009
    elaine.png

Side boob.. ahem. I always expected Elaine to have bigger..

:eek:

I'll stop here.
  • edited July 2009
    Is that even allowed?
  • edited July 2009
    Just so there is no misunderstanding:

THIS IS MICKY'S IMAGE, I MERELY COLORED IT

As far as I know even in the US only showing a ... significant amount or the nipple can get you in trouble. For Europeans it's pretty much a non-issue anyway.

Edit: I didn't change the design, I just removed the "censored" text from Micky's image since it felt unnecessary since, as he said, there's really nothing there.

Edit2: BTW, you like quoting that image, don't you?
  • edited July 2009

OK, re-censored it again for the US crowd. At some point I'll have to do geotargeting just for this *grumble*
  • edited July 2009
    If so, then you better do not look at this one:
    elaine.png

Micky, if you don't like the way I colorized it or generally don't want people to tamper with your artwork, just tell me and I'll remove it immediately.

ARF!! :eek::D Woah, thumbs up!

Is that even allowed?

Duh? I surely hope so!

OK, re-censored it again for the US crowd. At some point I'll have to do geotargeting just for this *grumble*

D'oh. I'm SO glad I live in good ol' Europe.......... :cool:
  • edited July 2009
    a quickie tribute video i just made, enjoy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NuCfUp7LP8
  • edited July 2009

• edited July 2009
    hansschmucker, you pervert! :D
  • edited July 2009
    newslinkstudents.jpg

I added the new LeChuck but havnt beed able to take a picture of it because its not on a canvis anymore
  • edited July 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    hansschmucker, you pervert! :D

What did I do? I just added color!
  • edited July 2009
    you should add color to the other bikini picture. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    newslinkstudents.jpg

I added the new LeChuck but havnt beed able to take a picture of it because its not on a canvis anymore

Is that a cake? Please tell me it's a cake! Oh... The cake is a lie.
  • edited July 2009
    freakazoid wrote: »
    you should add color to the other bikini picture. ;)

Is there another one that hasn't been colored yet?
  • edited July 2009
    I would have eaten it by now if it was cake
  • edited July 2009
    did somebody say cake ?
  • edited July 2009
    http://beekay84.deviantart.com/art/Sketch-for-Dragonfangirl-73669789
    Here's one that my friend drew for me. I know it's not a character from Monkey Island, but it's a fan-character inspired by Monkey Island.
    And since I can't draw Monkey Island stuff, I'll just slowly back away now.
    :D
  • edited July 2009
    Not sure you would call this fanart but it would be unnecessary to create a new thread :) When I made maps for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, I had this epic idea about making a Monkey Island RPG map. However my laptop crashed and when I was backuping stuff I had put it on hold. I forgot the campaign file and only got my scenario files, which I worked on individually before making them into a campaign map. I put a LOT of effort into bringing all the attributes etc between maps.

The idea of the game was that you would travel the islands and enter the different places you had visited in the MI games. You would have attributes like Swordfighting, Pistol handling etc. I even included all the sword fighting lines and there was a system where you were shown a list of 9 random replies and 1 correct. Every level of Swordfighting removed one of the random replies. There was a timer included in this, where you had to answer before it or you lost. The idea with the timer was mostly for multiplayer so that one could be faster.

I also started on a story mode which I liked. A young man who just turned 18 at an orphanage gets a letter from the owner of the orphanage that she was told to give him when he turned 18. In the letter it says that he is the son of Guybrush Threepwood and at that moment of course he says "I want to be a pirate!", which makes the orphanage owner mad. She yells at him that she didnt raise him to become a filthy grog-drinking bum. He tells the wench to be quiet and he leaves for his epic quest to become a pirate. Summarized here of course :)

Anyways, I think a lot of work disappeared since the scenario files are not the most updated. If anyone is interested in looking at them in the game send me a PM.

Here is the "fanart" finally. This is the minimap of the world map which was the biggest map size possible featuring all islands from MI-EMI which was placed with help of the various maps found in the games. For those interested, this map gives a good hint: http://bestgamewallpapers.com/files/monkey-island/cmi-map.jpg

Here's my minimap:
    war3MIislands.png
  • edited July 2009
    ^ Brilliant.
    By the way, I didn't get a chance to say this before: You guys are all awesome artists. Keep up the good work.

EDIT:
    Okay, I have WAY too much time on my hands. I couldn't help it. I colored Light Rises' Sam & Max picture.
    PIRATES.jpg
    Light Rises, please let me know if you don't like this or if you didn't want me coloring it, and I'll remove it immediately.
  • edited July 2009
    Is there another one that hasn't been colored yet?

It's on the 4th page of this thread, first post, second picture.
  • edited July 2009
    Colored it!!
    Micki! wrote: »

Hope you don't mind if I colored this...
    Lines on Elaine by Micki

Background, water and Color by me.

elainecolor.th.jpg

Wallpaper sized
    http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4146/elainecolor.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    That's really good Irishmile. I must have missed it because of all the awesome art on here. It's hard to keep track of what I have or haven't seen.
  • edited July 2009
    I just got done coloring it so you didn't miss it earlier.
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Colored it!!

Hope you don't mind if I colored this...
    Lines on Elaine by Micki

Background, water and Color by me.

elainecolor.th.jpg

Wallpaper sized
    http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4146/elainecolor.jpg
    Emo Elaine :eek:

But great job on the coloring.
  • edited July 2009
    It is a touch moody isn't it?
  • edited July 2009
    I DIDN'T DO THIS!
    I just found it on the interwebs a long time ago, can't remember where but I love it, one of the best MI fan art imho, anyone know who is the artist?

monkeydcd02.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    That is really good.
  • edited July 2009
    That's how they should look in the Special Edition.
  • edited July 2009
    Agreed
  • edited July 2009
    Hahah, that's exactly how I imagined his "beard".
  • edited July 2009
    He looks great. A little Shaggy, so I suppose Guybrush (the dog) will be Scooby?
  • edited July 2009
    That's how they should look in the Special Edition.
    Definitely yes!
  • edited July 2009
    Pretty awesome of all you guys to color the stuff i make, i didn't see that coming, haha :D
  • edited July 2009
    Glad you liked it :)
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah have any more for us to color?
  • edited July 2009
    I'm actually making one right now, Armakuni told me about the colored ones you guys made, and i went here to take a look, so now he made me start another one...

And you can all blame him for the the way it'll end up looking like, haha :D
  • edited July 2009
    guybrush1.png
    Something I doodled at work.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Micki! wrote: »
    Pretty awesome of all you guys to color the stuff i make, i didn't see that coming, haha :D
    Glad you liked it :)
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Yeah have any more for us to color?

Hey guys, could we keep the offerings here a bit...more, uh, clothed?
  • edited July 2009
    David E wrote: »
    Hey guys, could we keep the offerings here a bit...more, uh, clothed?

Second...some of these mildly disturb me.
  • edited July 2009
    LOL visits to the beach must be torture for you guys then.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.