"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• Telltale likes to make stories not use a linear path with one person and that's why Hellboy is a horrible idea. The universe must be vast with a lot of potential, Hellboy just doesn't have that.

Did you not hear me say it's worthless fighting about this?

No, Fables didn't sound like a good TellTale game because of the way it's written. Fables isn't necessarily centered around one specific cha

• You don't know that. They may make one in the future, but I'm just expressing my opinion that Hellboy is a really good series that deserves a really good game since the last games were crap.

Fables actually sounded like a good Telltale game. Hellboy doesn't...But again these are ALL opinions and it is entirely debatable. Telltale isn't going to make a Hellboy game, this I know. There is no point in arguing this.

• I'm expressing my opinion that I think the series can't preform at a Telltale level. If you read my posts there is no reason fighting about this since it's all opinions.

You don't know that. They may make one in the future, but I'm just expressing my opinion that Hellboy is a really good series that deserves a really good game since the last games were crap.

• If it wasn't for Ron Perlman, I probably wouldn't be interested in Hellboy. Only he can be the role for Hellboy and the voice actor who did Hellboy in Dogs of the Night/Asylum Seeker was subpar compared to Perlman.

I had no idea so many people disliked the Hellboy films. I guess I just have thick nostalgia goggles because I thought they were awesome.

• edited November 2014

There's really no need to argue guys. It's just a fun idea the OP created. It's not like it's actually happening.

Alt text

Telltale likes to make stories not use a linear path with one person and that's why Hellboy is a horrible idea. The universe must be vast wi

• I'm trying to tell them that.

There's really no need to argue guys. It's just a fun idea the OP created. It's not like it's actually happening.

• edited November 2014

The Wolf Among Us was a linear path with one person. You're just being biased towards it.

I bet if you heard a couple years ago that TellTale was making a game about Fables, you'd be doing what you're doing right now, because you don't know how awesome it would turn out to be.

I used to respect your opinion on this matter, but now you're just sputtering nonsense because you're basing your opinion on Hellboy off of the live-action movies, and not the comics, where his story really shines.

Telltale likes to make stories not use a linear path with one person and that's why Hellboy is a horrible idea. The universe must be vast wi

• No because I wouldn't have a opinion about Fables since I haven't read the comics.

you're just sputtering nonsense because you're basing your opinion on Hellboy off of the live-action movies, and not the comics, where his story really shines.

Actually I read some of the comics a long time ago and found them horrible. I never really seen the movies, this is called an opinion my friend not nonsense. I don't like him or the Hellboy franchise. I wanted to stop this a while ago but you keep going.

The Wolf Among Us was a linear path with one person. You're just being biased towards it. I bet if you heard a couple years ago that Tell

• I agree completely. Perlman was a perfect casting decision for Hellboy.

If it wasn't for Ron Perlman, I probably wouldn't be interested in Hellboy. Only he can be the role for Hellboy and the voice actor who did Hellboy in Dogs of the Night/Asylum Seeker was subpar compared to Perlman.

• You kept it going too. If you hadn't made your comment sound insulting, this argument probably wouldn't have happened.

No because I wouldn't have a opinion about Fables since I haven't read the comics. you're just sputtering nonsense because you're basi

• Insulting?

I was stating I thought there are better series. You guys are over exaggerating this.

Let's all just say our goodbyes...Is that good?

You kept it going too. If you hadn't made your comment sound insulting, this argument probably wouldn't have happened.

• edited November 2014

You exaggerated this by saying "I can think of hundreds better than Hellboy.".

Really?

Insulting? I was stating I thought there are better series. You guys are over exaggerating this. Let's all just say our goodbyes...Is that good?

• I can.

You exaggerated this by saying "I can think of hundreds better than Hellboy.". Really?

• Thread: The Game Telltale Should Make

Make a Telltale game based off The Wire..........That's all I'm asking for.

• Here's what you could've said: "I'm personally a not Hellboy fan, but I think 'blah', 'blah', 'blah' would make a better Telltale game." That's a more positive comment, then saying

I can think of hundreds better than Hellboy.

or

I think it will be a horrible Telltale game

I'm just trying to tell you to be aware of how you write your comments because other people may take it the wrong way.

Insulting? I was stating I thought there are better series. You guys are over exaggerating this. Let's all just say our goodbyes...Is that good?

• Whatever, I wrote it the way I meant it. If you seriously took this much offense to it then that's your problem.

I'm getting tired of this conversation, I wanted to put my input in and I got jumped by you two. Good bye.

Enjoy your conversations and Hellboy, I personally won't. They were opinions and I stated it like so, not fact.

Here's what you could've said: "I'm personally a not Hellboy fan, but I think 'blah', 'blah', 'blah' would make a better Telltale game." Tha

• I'll leave you to it, but I'm going to leave you these parting words:

If you give abrasive comments expect abrasive results.

Whatever, I wrote it the way I meant it. If you seriously took this much offense to it then that's your problem. I'm getting tired of thi

• Alright, a parting. here are your last words...

Don't get worked up because someone doesn't like your series.

I'll leave you to it, but I'm going to leave you these parting words: If you give abrasive comments expect abrasive results.

• HBO's critically acclaimed series. One of the best tv shows in television history...and no one has ever made a game for it. I saw Telltale games is making a Game of Thrones game it's on HBO...I figure why not.

The Wire?

• ...Never seen it. :P

ltheghost posted: »

HBO's critically acclaimed series. One of the best tv shows in television history...and no one has ever made a game for it. I saw Telltale games is making a Game of Thrones game it's on HBO...I figure why not.

• Excuse me, my series? When did Hellboy become my series?

Please double check your comments before posting them and stop trying to have the last word. Now please leave me be because this is getting annoying.

Alright, a parting. here are your last words... Don't get worked up because someone doesn't like your series.

• XD Okay, I'm leaving, bye.

Excuse me, my series? When did Hellboy become my series? Please double check your comments before posting them and stop trying to have the last word. Now please leave me be because this is getting annoying.

• I believe Telltale can make an awesome Hellboy game considering the last games were awful. If they made Wolf Among Us amazing, I'm confident they can make a badass Hellboy game.

zerodemon posted: »

Gimme some good ol' detective stories, by which I mean; Jim Butcher's Dresden Files - a wizard private investigator in Chicago, slowly bein

• edited November 2014

Anyway, now that's over... grumble

Anybody have any suggestions on a plot for a Hellboy game?

I personally would stick with the comics canon and of course use the original cast to voice the characters: Ron Perlman as Hellboy, Doug Jones as Abe Sapien, Selma Blair as Liz Sherman, and John Hurt as Professor Bruttenholm.

For the setting, I'm thinking before the whole Cavendish Hall business and Rasputin, meaning that the Professor's still alive, and introduce Hellboy's ex-girlfriend Anastasia Bransfield.

• Sigh........Seeing this thread makes me sad that we probably won't get to see Hellboy 3 film. Apparently Hellboy 2 didn't make much profit and studio execs view the project (Hellboy 3) as dangerous from business perspective.

• I hear ya especially considering that Guillermo del Toro is busy with other projects.I hope they come out with the third film soon because Ron isn't getting any younger. Not to mention that any Hellboy material coming out is moving at a snail's pace.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Sigh........Seeing this thread makes me sad that we probably won't get to see Hellboy 3 film. Apparently Hellboy 2 didn't make much profit and studio execs view the project (Hellboy 3) as dangerous from business perspective.

• edited November 2014

The thing is, for the 2~3 interviews before the most recent interview Del Toro's reaction to Hellboy 3 has been reall positive. But on most recent interview he stated the project is viewed as "dangerous" by studio and didn't seem so positive about it.

Well, like you've said, Ron isn't getting any younger, and the more delay there is, less likely he'll be able to play the role (I heard it's quite physically demanding).

As for your original question, I wouldn't mind playing a Hellboy game, though one franchise which someone suggested and stuck with me was............. Nightmare on Elm Street.
    I know it's not a comic book series, but I think it may be something quite fresh for Telltale if it's done right (a horror game that can scare bejesus out of the players? Trying to escape from Freddy Kreuger? Interacting with other people trapped in Freddy's universe? Really has me intrigued).

I hear ya especially considering that Guillermo del Toro is busy with other projects.I hope they come out with the third film soon because Ron isn't getting any younger. Not to mention that any Hellboy material coming out is moving at a snail's pace.

• It's a bit sad really, the films were good (The Golden Army was okay in opinion) and it would be a real shame to leave us hanging. Even though I didn't like the romance between Hellboy and Liz in the films, I do want to see what their twins will look like.

Now I haven't seen Nightmare on Elm Street but it would be an interesting idea for them to do a survival horror game, but at the same time it could be a risky gamble.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

The thing is, for the 2~3 interviews before the most recent interview Del Toro's reaction to Hellboy 3 has been reall positive. But on most

• Yep, count me in for a Hellboy game! It needs to become the gossip of the public again anyway.

• Thread: An Idea For Telltale

So I was just thinking. Damn, after Game of Thrones, Tales From The Borderlands and The Walking Dead: Season Three (and hopefully The Wolf Among Us: Season Two), what could Telltale Games do next?

Well I was thinking, how about a Harry Potter Game? Yeah. I'd love to see that. It could be set after the events of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, in which, a wizard (Perhaps in Sixth or Seventh Year) must protect Hogwarts and help it reform shortly after Voldemorts death. With some of the Death Eaters, Dementors and other wizards around that are trying to take over Hogwarts whilst it is vulnerable, this wizard must protect it and show themselves as the kind, brave or even somewhat evil person they are.

It could include characters such as Ron, Hermione, Harry and plenty of others who can come, help. Quick Time Events could be different and implemented differently, allowing for different gameplay - Imagine having dialogue choices which allows you to use different spells e.g [Expelliamus!] [Aguamenti!] [Confundus!] [Flipendo!]

Plus Telltale can have a similar art-style to Game of Thrones even. I think it'd be great. What do you guys think?

• I agree, hence why I started this thread. The new Hellboy series is moving a bit slow and sadly there aren't any movies or novels coming out, so a good game would be something for fans to sink their teeth into.

Yep, count me in for a Hellboy game! It needs to become the gossip of the public again anyway.

• Id rather have a Shrek game

• It would be interesting to see how Telltale can pull off a Harry Potter game, but I would personally prefer a Hellboy game.

• Another Jurassic Park Game. And a Matrix game.

• I would love to see a Harry Potter game. What I'd much rather have them do is have it take during when James and Lilly were at Hogwarts. Have the 5 playable characters be young James, young Sirius, young Lilly, young Lupin, and young Snape.

Instant buy.

• I'd pee myself with excitement if they did that. ^_^

• edited November 2014

I'd actually buy that.

No joke.

Id rather have a Shrek game

• I just want mah Wolf Among us Season 2 ;'(

Sign in to comment in this discussion.