The Unoffically Official Morgan LeFlay Appreciation Thread

So yeah.

I'm not going to lie. I am a massive fan of this addition to the the Monkeyverse.

So I'm starting up the Morgan LeFlay Appreciation thread for those of us that are of like mind.

I love the dynamic she brings to the game, and the possibilites.

Was The 'Brush joking when he asked her to sail away with him to pillage and plunder? Who knows? all I know is I think it's going to bug a LOT of people for a month!

I also really dub her character design, something a little more overtly sexual about it, that would usually give her the upper hand over most pirates, but it doesn't faze our favorite mighty Pirate.

though am I the only one that noticed in the opening swordfight that Guybrush made NO offensive strikes, instead only parrying and swatting away morgans incoming attacks.. something I thought was pretty chivalrous.

anyway.. let the discussion begin!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    I think it adds an extra edge of conflict that increases the quality of the storyline.

She idolises Guybrush, but on the other hand, she hunts pirates for a living.
  • edited August 2009
    Well, you know the single shoulderpad is a symbol of awesomeness. Ask Kyle Katarn.

Seriously, I really enjoy the character and can't wait to see what happens next. Right now she's a sexy Pegnose-Pete-type of thug, but it's heavily hinted she'd switch sides.
  • edited August 2009
    Spadge wrote: »
    Well, you know the single shoulderpad is a symbol of awesomeness. Ask Kyle Katarn.

Seriously, I really enjoy the character and can't wait to see what happens next. Right now she's a sexy Pegnose-Pete-type of thug, but it's heavily hinted she'd switch sides.

But she's not really a THUG though.
    I mean, unlike pegnose, she wouldn't walk into the bank and perform a hold up to get into the vault.. she'd do things the threepwood way.

Probably in some form of form fitting black catsuit for added Cat-burglar-ness. as opposed the the bright red and gold long coat The 'Brush wore on his escapades.
  • edited August 2009
    I like her character. As much as a joke Guybrush seems to be, it's nice that there's finally one character who realises how legendary he is. Even if she does want to kill him. I think they'll be forced to work together in the next chapter and that'll be very cool.
  • edited August 2009

I thought of Kyle Katarn when I saw that too! Kinda weird.... But seriously, I love the character of Morgan. She's kinda got that 'obsessed fan gone a bit too far' vibe. Also, Monkey Island needs more female characters.
  • edited August 2009
    Morgan LeFlay is an awesome addition to the Monkey Island universe and that whole sword fight at the start has been my favorite part of Tales thus far.

Will she turn on De Singe and join Guybrush and his crew? Only time will tell :cool:
  • edited August 2009
    Morgan LeFlay is brilliant.

I like having one person who's a fan of Guybrush (although I don't like the idea of more than one person in the world believing his stories - which is why I hated Planet Threepwood... anyone agree or is that just me?).

I think she's gonna be a "good guy" in the end. She seems to be nice at heart, but sticking by her principles. She's definitely far from being a bad guy, anyway.
  • edited August 2009
    Morgan is a great character, great design, and a great addition to the story. She adds a whole new element to the dynamic, and she's genuinely funny too. It also helps that the battle with her is one of the best bits of design in ToMI yet (behind the LeSinge lab, perhaps).
  • edited August 2009
    Morgan is too darn adorable. Guybrush should leave his lying, cheating wife to LeChuck and go with someone who actually appreciates him for a change. I can't wait to see what happens in episode 3 when
    they're trapped alone together inside that giant dog whale thing. ;)
  • edited August 2009
    hmmmm. Guybrush and Morgan dating? Possibilities... plus, she's cute, and is a great addition to the series. Maybe she'll become a regular!
  • edited August 2009
    Morgan is awesome :) hopefully she'll be a thorn in Guybrush's side for the rest of Tales... I really can't see him with her in a romantic way but that could be hilariously funny, esp as she seems to have a bit of a crush...
  • edited August 2009
    lets get some morgan fan art going on up in here
  • edited August 2009
    ...if you must, but please let it be that decent type of fanart.

well, i think morgan is definitely one of the more attractive women in monkey island and i believe there will be at least some tension between her and guybrush. elaine hanging out with lechuck all the time...and he being trapped in a huge seamonster with only morgan and...well...winslow. well, this might get weird indeed...do you guys remember the line when guybrush wants to sail to the "isle of ewe"?

i think the authors want to make that love triangle between guybrush, elaine and lechuck...hmm, a square, i guess. so, there probably will be some strain on their relationship.
  • edited August 2009
    I can't wait to see what happens in episode 3 when
    they're trapped alone together inside that giant dog whale thing. ;)
    It was a giant manatee ;)
  • edited August 2009
    I thought Morgan was awesome. Finally, a new character in MI that I like. EFMI really lacked that, and Morgan was one of the reasons I enjoyed TOMI so much. Telltale really did a great job.

Although Winslow is becoming a more likeable character too.

Gah Telltale rocks.

Morgan FTW!
  • edited August 2009
    I think the single most important thing Telltale have done with TOMI is question Guybrush's relationship with Elaine. To be honest, the first MI game gives you little if any reason to like Elaine other than "she's a lady", and Guybrush himself seems to just sort of trip over his own feet into that relationship, and has stayed in that stumbling state since.

I personally love what Morgan does to the story. I'm totally expecting her to be a red herring, but she is Guybrush's counterpart to Elaine's weird obsession with human LeChuck, and like the best soaps, i'm really curious to see how it all unwinds. Perhaps Elaine finally has to prove herself worth Guybrush's time? ;)

Easily the best thing about episode 2, and the primary reason i'm doubly excited about the next episode. Congrats Telltale, you added a character that changes the rigid MI game plan i was imagining for the series. The wait for ep 3 is currently suckkiiiinnngggg
  • edited August 2009
    Yeah! Where is episode 3?!?

Hopefully they add more great characters such as Morgan throughout the series.
  • edited August 2009
    And to think, most of use were disappointed when it was a new character, and not Carle or Kate Capsize showing up.

How foolish we were!
  • edited August 2009
    Fury wrote: »
    Yeah! Where is episode 3?!?

Whoa now, slow down! Episode 2 only came out two days ago. Still a ways to wait yet.
  • edited August 2009
    Fury wrote: »
    Hopefully they add more great characters such as Morgan throughout the series.
    We've already got three great new characters in Morgan LeFlay, the Marquis DeSinge and Winslow. I'd be quite happy with those three for the rest of the season.

Anyway. Yay Morgan! Looking forward to working with her in Episode III.
  • edited August 2009
    Fanpics ftw! Unfortunately it's unwise for me to contribute, seeing as my artistic skills are akin to a 5yo playing Pictionary.

The saucier, the better! Erm, maybe someone could start that up elsewhere? I can't imagine TT would allow even negligees.
  • edited August 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    ...if you must, but please let it be that decent type of fanart.

well, i think morgan is definitely one of the more attractive women in monkey island and i believe there will be at least some tension between her and guybrush. elaine hanging out with lechuck all the time...and he being trapped in a huge seamonster with only morgan and...well...winslow. well, this might get weird indeed...do you guys remember the line when guybrush wants to sail to the "isle of ewe"?

i think the authors want to make that love triangle between guybrush, elaine and lechuck...hmm, a square, i guess. so, there probably will be some strain on their relationship.

I think Morgan and Reg will get into a catfight. He's hinted towards wifeswapping, bisexuality and orgies before but he's shown open dislike for Morgan so far.
  • edited August 2009
    Finally, a new character in MI that I like. EFMI really lacked that

But I liked Cheese... and the SCUMM Bar Bartender... and the Boulder guy... and the dock Lady... and the pink ship...
  • edited August 2009
    Yeh I like Morgan as well and like many other people have said it's brings a different dimension to the story and you never know what is going to happen between them, let's see what Telltale have up their sleeves for us. ;)

Oh and I can't wait for Chapter 3, hopefully it will be as good as the last one.:D:D
  • edited August 2009
    i guess i'm first on the morgan fanart bus

morgan-laflay.jpg

and this other picture happened on accident but i thought it looked cool, so here

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/RamenThief/morgan-laflaymessup.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    Duate wrote: »

morgan-laflay.jpg

Let me be the first to say, SIZ-AM!!! Fantastic work!

(I wasn't going to repost the whole image but it's so damn good I felt it deserved it!)
  • edited August 2009
    Morgan is indeed one of the best characters from ToMI. I'm glad that TellTale used time to invent new memorable characters rather than just recycling the old ones.
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Fanpics ftw! Unfortunately it's unwise for me to contribute, seeing as my artistic skills are akin to a 5yo playing Pictionary

If that is true then compared to me you're a great artist, even some monkeys have more artistic skills than I got.
  • edited August 2009
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Let me be the first to say, SIZ-AM!!! Fantastic work!

(I wasn't going to repost the whole image but it's so damn good I felt it deserved it!)
    hahaha thanks man
  • edited August 2009
    I think that Morgan is bound to end up on Guybrush's side (or at least I really hope she is)! She's such a cool, humourous, charismatic character who reminds me a little of Jade from "Beyond Good & Evil"! I think that the three of them (Winslow, Guybrush & LeFlay) will form a special bond with each other when they try to escape from the giant manatee, but not a romantic one, especially not between Guybrush and Winslow - that'd be a little... scary (and besides, I think Winslow already has a romantic bond with the ship)! But yeah, this Morgan LeFlay is a great addition to the game whether she turns good or remains a pirate hunter!
  • edited August 2009
    I think that Morgan is bound to end up on Guybrush's side (or at least I really hope she is)! She's such a cool, humourous, charismatic character who reminds me a little of Jade from "Beyond Good & Evil"! I think that the three of them (Winslow, Guybrush & LeFlay) will form a special bond with each other when they try to escape from the giant manatee, but not a romantic one, especially not between Guybrush and Winslow - that'd be a little... scary (and besides, I think Winslow already has a romantic bond with the ship)! But yeah, this Morgan LeFlay is a great addition to the game whether she turns good or remains a pirate hunter!
    holy crap you just made me realize why i like her so much right off the bat

you're a genius
  • edited August 2009

morgan-laflay.jpg

and this other picture happened on accident but i thought it looked cool, so here

Awesome! :D:D
  • edited August 2009

morgan-laflay.jpg

I love you almost as much as I love Morgan.
    Amazingly done.
  • edited August 2009
    This should be on my bedroom wall!

even tough the background is a bit dodgy and the shoulderpad is flipped
  • edited August 2009
    Morgan is awesome. ^-^
    My favourite new character so far, although both Winslow and Human LeChuck (if he counts) are pretty cool too.
  • edited August 2009
    Is it just me, or is Morgan the female version of Guybrush. Everytime she says anything, my first thought is always, "That sounds like something Guybrush would say!?!" I have a suspicion that, in episode three, Morgan and Guybrush might prove to be a surprisingly compatible pair.
  • edited August 2009
    CalBearRJ wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is Morgan the female version of Guybrush. Everytime she says anything, my first thought is always, "That sounds like something Guybrush would say!?!" I have a suspicion that, in episode three, Morgan and Guybrush might prove to be a surprisingly compatible pair.

Actually, I'd love to see that.I never liked Elaine at all.
  • edited August 2009
    Sanin92 wrote: »
    Actually, I'd love to see that.I never liked Elaine at all.

I actually DID like Elaine, until she and Brush got married.
    The lack of respect for her husband (that he has for her though) makes me dislike her.

Who knows. TT might work towards Ron's original idea of MI3 and have the two split up (although unlikely).
  • edited August 2009
    This should be on my bedroom wall!

even tough the background is a bit dodgy and the shoulderpad is flipped
    after 10 hours, i got lazy on the background :P

i'll probably go back and get it cleaner later
  • edited August 2009
    She certainly has an undeterminatable factor.
    Seriously who thought
    "Oh she will cut his hand of in a few seconds. What else would she do?"
    ?
  • edited August 2009
    Duate's picture is gorgeous! Her boobs are better-shaped and sized, the tops of her thighs don't look weird, she looks rather stoned...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.