Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, GoT Edition

Comments

• Mira, Sera and Margaery are all wearing darker and differently designed clothing for Episode Four. Also, Rodrik's face is really starting to heal up and it's especially apparent in the main menu after completing Episode Four.

Afraid I don't have any pics for any of this, though if someone does it'd be nice for them to post 'em here I suppose.

• edited May 2015

Alt text

Something interesting to take a note of is that Cotter is already bleeding after putting the bandage on. Gared says it himself that he doesn't know what he's doing and the bleeding definitely shows this.

• I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the attack option at highpoint where basically everyone dies.

But before Rodrik dies, he mummers "mother" just like Robb Stark at the Red Weeding.

Alt text

• All the Steam achievements in episode 4 were house words of lordly houses from westeros.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

What's more interesting about that scene is that it's fully dependent on whether or not you picked up the bandages and the herbs all the way back in the first episode of the game, just after the Maester bandages your leg. If you didn't pick them up, you don't get the option to bandage his wound.

• So far, every episode will start with the PC being Gared or Asher.

• I know. So does this hint at Cotter possibly bleeding to death if you don't have the bandages? Or that using the bandage will save him?

Deltino posted: »

What's more interesting about that scene is that it's fully dependent on whether or not you picked up the bandages and the herbs all the way

• Well, the herbs and bandages were used... now is the turn to use the Strange Key...

Atleast they're handling the pickupables better than in the Walking Dead... remember those 3 bullets or the nail file, lolol...

• One thing..remember when Gared and Cotter (and Finn) fled the Castle and made way for the North Grove, they stopped at the Weirwood tree and one of them asks if they'll ever return to the Watch. You have an option saying yes i'll come back one day, no my family is more important and another option which i've forgotten. I think that breaking your vows in front of the tree might have consequences in the future.

• Apparently Andros (white hill trader) is gay or something or other, if you ask lord tarworth (or whoever sera's new guy is). He says the guy wont marry because he loves money too much, and that he apparently doesnt like the company of women.

• So this happens if you take Arthur and his men with you to Highpoint and keep clicking on him. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38FmCylyKQc

Now I regret I didn't take him there.

• yeah. "I and 8% didn't encounter Finn." That's if you really piss him off. He will accuse you of murder then, even if you didn't start the fight with britt and did not actively kill him.

• That is the best scene I have ever seen.

Alt text

Here is a gif for us all to enjoy!

• Arthur is honestly like my new favorite npc now

• I hope he's not dead in my playthrough. ;_;

Poogers555 posted: »

Arthur is honestly like my new favorite npc now

• Boy, oh boy. I wonder who named Elaena's brother @ArthurV

• I didn't even realize that

Deltino posted: »

What's more interesting about that scene is that it's fully dependent on whether or not you picked up the bandages and the herbs all the way

• Why, I'm sure it was just a coincidence ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Boy, oh boy. I wonder who named Elaena's brother @ArthurV

• I'm thoroughly impressed with all the differences in episode 4, its amazing.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

If you don't chose anything when asked whether or not the soldiers should go with you or stay at Ironrath, the one that is sentinel will chose.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2015

Ha! I had nothing to do with naming him. All I'll say is that our writing/design team is amazing. :-)

Also this guy is kind of a big deal:
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Arthur_Dayne

Boy, oh boy. I wonder who named Elaena's brother @ArthurV

• In Westeros: every father would do. All the firstborns are given military commands and even the crown princes themself engage in battle personally.

Not necessarily, unlikely even, because no father would put his firstborn son at the dangerous position as captain of the elite guard.

• I wonder, does Finn still call Cotter "potato-fucker" if you don't choose "you fuck potatoes?" in the other episode?

• Not really knowledge but that move Royland showed Rodrik is utterly impossible, you hold the sword blade like that you would just slice up your own hand

• Yes, he does.

mrkite posted: »

I wonder, does Finn still call Cotter "potato-fucker" if you don't choose "you fuck potatoes?" in the other episode?

• Pretty sure Royland was using a blunt blade. Like the one's the Night's Watch used for training. As I missed a QTE, and Royland hit me with it. Rodrik fell to the ground without a scratch

Not really knowledge but that move Royland showed Rodrik is utterly impossible, you hold the sword blade like that you would just slice up your own hand

• in real battle he would use mailed gloves I guess. And in training it might be just a training sword.

Not really knowledge but that move Royland showed Rodrik is utterly impossible, you hold the sword blade like that you would just slice up your own hand

• I loved the moment when I used that trick on Gryff. His face was priceless when he fell on the floor. :D

• So his name is kind of a tribute to Arthur Dayne?

ArthurV posted: »

Ha! I had nothing to do with naming him. All I'll say is that our writing/design team is amazing. :-) Also this guy is kind of a big deal: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Arthur_Dayne

• Do they choose differently? Like, does Royland say "go to Ironrath" and Duncan say "stay here"?

dojo32161 posted: »

If you don't chose anything when asked whether or not the soldiers should go with you or stay at Ironrath, the one that is sentinel will chose.

• edited May 2015

Not only is it not impossible, it was used quite a bit in the real world.

Alt text

Nice video about it:

• edited May 2015

Actually, you can hold a sword like that without cutting yourself with bare hands.

Back in the day, people sometimes used swords to bash, even. Telltale pays attention to their history lessons :p

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

They chose what they were suggesting.

fayescarlet posted: »

Do they choose differently? Like, does Royland say "go to Ironrath" and Duncan say "stay here"?

• Knight 1: Where yo armour at?

Knight 2: had to sell it to smoke some blunt, brah.

Knight 1: but we need to spar

above is the illustration of what happened next.

mrkite posted: »

Not only is it not impossible, it was used quite a bit in the real world. Nice video about it:

• Even if you kick Britt off the wall to his 700+ foot death. his body is still perfectly intact.

• It is possible, and it's the only way to defeat someone fully armored with a sword.

• The technique is called 'Mordhau'

• In episode 1, when Mira enters the throne room, keep an eye on the guard on the right who opens the door for you.

• ...duh. 8U; Thanks, I should have realized that.

dojo32161 posted: »

They chose what they were suggesting.

• In Episode 4's Mira part, you can eavesdrop and hear one of the ransoms say 'spared no expense' a Jurassic Park reference, not sure if intended.

Whitehill's other sons:

Karl - dead from I think what Shirren had.

Ebbert - at Citadel

Torren - Under Roose's command

Interesting thing to note. Gwyn says her mother died soon after that picture was painted, and the other sons didn't like him. Is it possible that like Tyrion, Gryff's mom died birthing him?

Highpoint has that shield with the Forrester and Whitehill things united. I think this may have to do with how the Whitehills became Bolton banner man 5 centuries before the game. Highpoint is at least 1000 years old, '1000 years of Whitehill history in these walls'

If you are polite to Ramsay, saying 'Greetings, Lord Ramsay', he is like to Talia 'I see you get your manners from your brother'

Morgryn's first name is Rickard.

Some interesting comparisons:

House Whitehill: the mother is dead; House Forrester: the father is dead; Forrester, Stark; Whitehill, Bolton; Forrester cares about fourth born; Whitehill not so much; both houses are attempting to raise sell-sword armies albeit different ways; Faith of the Seven Whitehill; Old Gods of the Forest Forrester;

Sign in to comment in this discussion.