Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• wait...wait, what?

I always forget that that's actually a canon thing... What a time to be alive.

• Handsome Taylor OTP

Jack loves Taylor so much that he forgot how to be Handsome Jack for a second.

He talks about his love of Taylor Swift on multiple occasions in the technically canon because Burch wrote it Handsome Jack AMA.

TheJack posted: »

wait...wait, what?

• Holy crap that's amazing, i've never heard he made an AMA!

mirashade posted: »

Jack loves Taylor so much that he forgot how to be Handsome Jack for a second. He talks about his love of Taylor Swift on multiple occasions in the technically canon because Burch wrote it Handsome Jack AMA.

• I highly recommend you read through some of it! If not for random tidbits of info then definitely just because it's friggen' hilarious.

... WAIT. NOOOOOOOOO.
    enter image description here

TheJack posted: »

Holy crap that's amazing, i've never heard he made an AMA!

• Also everything that's said on the ECHOcasts Twitter is canon too (different characters take over it from time to time), and when Jack took over there was a lot of TSwift love.

Jack loves Taylor so much that he forgot how to be Handsome Jack for a second. He talks about his love of Taylor Swift on multiple occasions in the technically canon because Burch wrote it Handsome Jack AMA.

• Deltino posted: »

I still love Rhys' absolutely stunned reaction to this He's like "Wait a minute Jack, are you actually developing positive character traits?"

• ...I need to follow this twitter immediately.

Also everything that's said on the ECHOcasts Twitter is canon too (different characters take over it from time to time), and when Jack took over there was a lot of TSwift love.

• Ironically, Scooter did not know that his business wasn't charging cash until someone informed him.

I highly recommend you read through some of it! If not for random tidbits of info then definitely just because it's friggen' hilarious. ... WAIT. NOOOOOOOOO.

• edited August 2015

SOME MORE:

• Hyperion hates Dahl tech due to Sanctuary, home of the Crimson Raiders and the biggest resistance against Jack, being built on the ruins of Dahl's best mining ship. Oh, and since the ex-Dahl Lost Legion attacked Helios in the Pre-Sequel, it's no surprise Jack despises them for killing so many workers and helping ruin his life.
    • Those space debris, I believe, are the old, obsolete Hyperion escape ships that get blown up by Colonel Tungsteena Zarpedon in the Pre-Sequel's next cutscene.
    • Among the loaders that appear on the docks are ION Loaders, aka Annoying A-Holes with a shield and shock resistance, and red ones, which seem to be HOT Loaders, or those guys with flamethrowers who are MASSIVE DOUCHEBAGS.
    • THE SOLDIERS USE PROPER HYPERION SMGS INSTEAD OF RANDOM ASSAULT RIFLES. MY HEADCANON HAS COME TRUE. Anyway, it's a purple-rarity Transmurdera SMG, with the Hyperion barrel, stock, grip and sight.
    • The captain seems to be a Hyperion soldier, just without his forearm armour. His comrade is a very heavily armoured Combat Engineer.
  • This is bullshit, Jack didn't choke a guy so hard his eyes popped out, he strangled a guy to make his eyes pop out. Jack of all people should know the difference between choking and strangulation.

• He just has to go and ruin it, doesn't he?

Also, how the hell did Dameon not pass out during that? It seems to be one continuous take, and you can hear him start to falter, but then he gets the laugh out and keeps going - it's really impressive.

Reliqum posted: »

http://vocaroo.com/i/s11PWaAxkAGM

• No, no, no, you clearly are another Jack's doppelganger. Choke happens when you eat too fast. Jack strangled him, alright?

What a major mistake xD

• No, I literally choked him...

He was dissing Swifty so I rammed a couple of ECHOpods down his throat loaded up with her entire back catalogue. Ironically, his dying breath synced up with the sounds of her 2008 track Breathe reverberating through his rib cage.

I can't listen to it anymore... It just doesn't sound the same without that wheezing death rattle.

This is bullshit, Jack didn't choke a guy so hard his eyes popped out, he strangled a guy to make his eyes pop out. Jack of all people should know the difference between choking and strangulation.

• Sadly it's currently dead, and with Anthony gone I'm not sure if they'll start it back up again.

One of the Telltale writers should take over and get some Tales characters tweeting. I would pay money to read Vaughn's accountancy tips/highlighter recommendations.

(Also, it's the perfect chance for Jack's AI to take over now he's all up in the system).

...I need to follow this twitter immediately.

• Troy Baker is a living god! xD Even though I heard him before doing a Vasquez impression, I didn't believe it wasn't the real one at first.

That's really impressive. Even having heard that, I still thought his impression was very passable for the actual Vasquez.

• At the bottom of Jack's trap door is a bunch of Claptraps. Wow, Jack. Wow.

• Well, he had to find a way to hide all the bodies after that massive genocide in Claptastic Voyage.

At the bottom of Jack's trap door is a bunch of Claptraps. Wow, Jack. Wow.

• Okay, so this is a nitpick, but how the hell did the space ship launch from inside the middle of Hollow Point?

It's a freakin' cave!

And it is definitely the middle/inside because you can see all the little houses and taverns dotted around the launch area. I know in the external shots we see it lifting off out of a sort of rocky outcrop, so you can maybe say "hey, it just has a hole in it" - but the entire point of going to Hollow Point in ep 2 is to escape the moonshots (which seems to suggest it's impenetrable from the top).

• Well...Fiona and Rhys are unreliable narrators. Maybe the space ship was powerful enough to blast a hole through Hollow Point or something? Lot of people will be pissed.

Okay, so this is a nitpick, but how the hell did the space ship launch from inside the middle of Hollow Point? It's a freakin' cave! A

• Oh, I didn't notice that. I think my heart broke a little more.

• HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2015

This is correct! You win 1 internet.

Don't tell them about Jack and pick the "Don't worry I'm good" option when the girls ask if you're 100%

• Because...plot.

Okay, so this is a nitpick, but how the hell did the space ship launch from inside the middle of Hollow Point? It's a freakin' cave! A

• First person to explain this picture gets a cookie

enter image description here

• Uhm what the hell is that?

Poogers555 posted: »

First person to explain this picture gets a cookie

• It's one of Jack's cool stuff in this office.

• That questionable sense of humor... Gotta love it. xD I bet it's Vasquez's influence.

August. I got this on my second playthrough and was like... wow man...really? Was hilarious tho.

• Where in his office? ._.

It's one of Jack's cool stuff in this office.

• awwww poor Gortys. :'(

(Rhys deserves to feel bad, never call Gortys stupid, NEVER!!)

if you call Gortys stupid (I know, I'm a horrible person), Rhys will apologize,

• Ummm, in the pathway with all the Jack statues.

Where in his office? ._.

• You can walk down there? ._.

Ummm, in the pathway with all the Jack statues.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Vasquez knocking Rhys on his ass in the Atlas facility

• Thanks

Deltino posted: »

Vasquez knocking Rhys on his ass in the Atlas facility

• Yeah, there's a ton of stuff to scan. It's awesome.

You can walk down there? ._.

• edited August 2015

Replaying the episode got me thinking... everyone seems to think that Jack doesn't know about Angel but what if he does? I mean,technically it's possible. Plus he looked too sad for someone who's going to (just) visit his daughter. I dunno.

• u lie 2 me ;-;

Yeah, there's a ton of stuff to scan. It's awesome.

• Hehehehehhe

u lie 2 me ;-;

• I've never played borderlands but I'm sure someone in the forums said after Angel died, Jack announced it to the whole of Pandora. He wanted to kill the vault hunters himself BECAUSE his daughter was dead.

• Who knows. I think he might have said she was dead if you looked at it, maybe by "check on her" would be to go see her grave or something, I mean scanning the picture with the jackapidea gets.

Angle

Look at something else, Im not joking.

DeityD posted: »

Replaying the episode got me thinking... everyone seems to think that Jack doesn't know about Angel but what if he does? I mean,technically it's possible. Plus he looked too sad for someone who's going to (just) visit his daughter. I dunno.

• but whia

Hehehehehhe

• One thing that I thought was completely hilarious, is that you can fail so badly in Rhys's killer plan. Not doing any of the QTE's will result in Rhys screwing up in his own mind! Try it out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.