Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• edited October 2015

but i trusted fiona and she hugged vaughn? or is that the way u meant? b/c i would think it'd be the other way around. idk im confused now

• When Jack talks about his wives and the betrayals he survived, he mentions the second one left when she found out about Angel. That second wife is Moxxi.

• There were so many parallels to Lee/The Walking Dead; kicking the window, Rhys' limp, Finch "taking care of" Gortys, the thing with the batteries (mentioned below)...

• Now all I can imagine is this...

"GIMME YOUR GUN!" Thwack thwack

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, maybe he was like, beating him up, cuz he TOOK his gun, see? Now its kinda sorta still not there, but now you can think it is?

• She winks at him if you flip him off, too. I interpreted it as a "yeah, we're cool" thing.

• edited October 2015

It becomes hilarious later, when the Stranger calls Fiona out on Loader Bot defeating Athena in episode 2 and Fiona saying "Look were you there? That's what happened."

Funny thing, HE WAS!

• Dat Breaking Bad reference... :)

• Yeah, but him calling her out suggests that he was there and Athena did not fly across town like Master Chief with an unstable jetpack.

• enter image description here

i think we made quite the influence on Telltale and we got noticed...

• when you crash land as rhys and you're walking through the ruins there's a poster for opportunity. i immediately thought that they had crash-landed on (what would probably be ruins) the city of opportunity but then i realised it was probably just a poster from helios or s/t. so yeah i don't think that's what ACTUALLY happened but it also would have been rly cool/ironic so i'm keeping it that way in my head

• UUGHHH, I KNEW I'D SEEN IT SOMEWHERE

• edited October 2015

Jack and Moxxi weren't married.

Edit: Holy cow, 12 likes???

Ariel_D posted: »

When Jack talks about his wives and the betrayals he survived, he mentions the second one left when she found out about Angel. That second wife is Moxxi.

• I was thinking the same thing.

LawmanZero posted: »

Yeah, but him calling her out suggests that he was there and Athena did not fly across town like Master Chief with an unstable jetpack.

• When Rhys is about to rip off his cyborg arm, I saw a brief moment where he looks like he was about to cry before he became determined to rip it off. I thought that was a nice and heartbreaking detail.

• I was thinking it was Pacific Rim at first (never saw the movie, but I heard of it).

• For those who picked zer0, was it me or was his voice very different?

• "and You" is at the end of most of Telltales games :D

i think we made quite the influence on Telltale and we got noticed...

• It might also be between the choice of telling the sisters about Jack or not

but i trusted fiona and she hugged vaughn? or is that the way u meant? b/c i would think it'd be the other way around. idk im confused now

• edited October 2015

I have notices that his voice was A LOT lighter than his usual gruffy voice. Then again, you can say that he probably got a new voice speaker during the months between episode 1 and present day.

• If you skip all credits maybe? xD

• i kno... i was implying the thing above... :)

bigdogg0821 posted: »

"and You" is at the end of most of Telltales games

• Ohhhhh yeah

i kno... i was implying the thing above...

• edited October 2015

As a veteran...UGH. HIS VOICE. UGH. UGH. UGGGGGGH.

WHAT WENT WRONG?

• This isn't the first time Zer0's voice has appeared to change. The voice he had in Episode 1 was the same voice he had in the main story of Borderlands 2. But then, in the Headhunters, he was given a much deeper, almost depressing, voice. In this episode, he was given a much higher voice. I don't know what the hell is going on, but can we give Zer0 a consistent voice?

• Maybe it is intentional to make us confused about his true gender or identity? Building more mystery for the guy?

Not disrespecting Zer0, but he honestly almost sounds like a female in this episode.

This isn't the first time Zer0's voice has appeared to change. The voice he had in Episode 1 was the same voice he had in the main story of

• August is the pink ranger :P

• I didn't tell Janey Athena loved her (I refused to lie), but I still got to choose Athena (I was overall, really nice to Janey, though).

• I know, as soon as it popped up I remembered everybody saying how weird it was LB never got a splash screen - THE CLUES WERE ALL THERE!!!

• edited October 2015

I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I was recently going through Anthony Burch's ask.fm and a fair while ago he made a comment about the voice actor originally playing Zer0 as a more gender-neutral character, but it was ultimately lowered/masculinised in post for various reasons.

It was always something that Anthony regretted (he since has confirmed that Zer0 is agender and uses they/them pronouns), so maybe Gearbox/Telltale have attempted to rectify that?

I'm the first to admit that it's weird Zer0 still had their regular voice in the first episode, though...

• I think it changes depending on how strong your bond with Sasha is. In my playthrough I Pinkie Swore and gave her the flower despite having trusted Jack, although I did apologize for what happened earlier with the booty slapping.

• one thing bugged me the most here....

enter image description here

Shouldn't Helios crash onto Elpis? It was way closer and the moon's planetary pull should drag it down there not Pandora

• Why the hell was Athena at Prosperity Junction with Grease-Face when you go to pick her up in the present day?

• Weddings are expensive. It's hard to pay them off when your fiancee doesn't want you bounty hunting.

• Working to pay for the wedding. :)

I wish there was an option for Fiona to pay for their wedding.

• Elpis's mass should be lower and it should have less gravitational pull.

Leluch123 posted: »

one thing bugged me the most here.... Shouldn't Helios crash onto Elpis? It was way closer and the moon's planetary pull should drag it down there not Pandora

• Still it's basically in Elpis orbit, I think most of it should go there

Reliqum posted: »

Elpis's mass should be lower and it should have less gravitational pull.

• It's actually in a luna- and geostationary orbit between the two.

Still it's basically in Elpis orbit, I think most of it should go there

• hmm I don't know about that but still....I'll miss it that was so awesome space station.

Reliqum posted: »

It's actually in a luna- and geostationary orbit between the two.

• edited October 2015

Hopefully we will have it as a location in BL3 with the Children of Helios.

hmm I don't know about that but still....I'll miss it that was so awesome space station.

• To pay for the wedding because she apparently lost the few million I earned for her in the pre-sequel.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.