Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• I realized it commenting on another thread yesterday. I felt like crying... again. :'(

LawmanZero posted: »

BUTT STALLION NOOOOOO

• The finales of The Walking Dead Season One and Tales both had arm-amputation scenes;

enter image description here

• If you think of it, both are done to prevent something from spreading. o_o

The finales of The Walking Dead Season One and Tales both had arm-amputation scenes;

• "Have you seen my gun?"

"Didya hear? We lost Jess to the rakks"

Chuck Durden seems to be a parody of every BL2 NPC's outfit, ever.

• edited October 2015

Nope the orgy room is real

And I guess there's at least 14 orgy rooms on helios

Lawyers and Accountants (Thankfully Vaughn wasn't there) But gosh dangit, why would you have an orhy room?! I'm serious so don't go trollin'

• Another eye messing up scene too.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

If you think of it, both are done to prevent something from spreading. o_o

• Lee had his arm amputated. Clementine's arm was bitten by a dog which she had to sew up. Bigby's arm was broken and the bone pierced through his flesh. Rodrik's arm was damaged in battle. And now Rhys' arm was amputated as well. It seems like telltale has a thing for making their protagonists suffer through arm trauma.

The finales of The Walking Dead Season One and Tales both had arm-amputation scenes;

• 14? ... There's atleast 13 more. Man, what more did Jack do as President? Atleast, I'm assuming it was Jack. The other presidents are all old... wrinkley... Oh gosh...

BionicPaint posted: »

Nope the orgy room is real And I guess there's at least 14 orgy rooms on helios

• edited October 2015

Makes me wonder if Rhys and/or Vaughn have ever been in one of those rooms...

14? ... There's atleast 13 more. Man, what more did Jack do as President? Atleast, I'm assuming it was Jack. The other presidents are all old... wrinkley... Oh gosh...

• I knew it was real...

BionicPaint posted: »

Nope the orgy room is real And I guess there's at least 14 orgy rooms on helios

• Cassius's Cat

Cassius brings his cat with him on the buzzard ride, but it's gone by the time you reach Helios. I really hope he didn't drop it.

• Speaking of which that was the cat in the episode 2 preview, which confirms that both Cassius and Gortys were originally going to appear in episode 2.

• Really? That's strange. They may fix that.

Just a fair warning, if you accept Hyperion but take too long to jack in then you get the reject Hyperion ending. However in the finale it a

• I never thought so... but I misremembered the quote because they're in close proximity. He says his girlfriend betrayed him (which is Moxx), and right after mentions the second wife, so I conflated them. My bad.

Jack and Moxxi weren't married. Edit: Holy cow, 12 likes???

• Oh yeah. Bothered the hell out of me. Sounded female actually.

You "could" justify it by saying that his voice is digital like a lot of things about Zer0 and that therefore it can sound like whatever her wants.... but it was still pretty jarring.

As a veteran...UGH. HIS VOICE. UGH. UGH. UGGGGGGH. WHAT WENT WRONG?

• Oh my God, I was always so disappointed that Cassius didn't end up having his lucky cat in-game, I'm so glad they included it!

• I know, i made a post about it on some other discussion, it's more of a "Funny-borderlands 2-kind-humor-when-meeting-new-npcs" thing...

• This is a bit of a stretch, but do you think Sasha's present look is somewhat based on her childhood appearance?

• LB's Title card has binary for 'Friend'. A nice little touch, I thought.

• I think Cassius simply just placed his cat in Helios, because he doesn't want to risk it getting destroyed during the battle. :)

• You know what's beyond funny for me? Since day 1, I always thought Rhys reminded me of Flynn Rider from Disney's Tangled, if he worked with the bad guy's. Well take a good long look at what they referenced when Sasha is "dying". Rhys mentions hoping that his tears will somehow heal Sasha and she will be fine, and she responds by telling him this ain't that type of story. Take a wild guess what THAT was a reference to.

• Oh, and the way Sasha is revived is very similar to the ending of another classic Disney film from the 90s. Possibly my favorite Disney film of them all, and one of my favorite films period. It put the biggest smile on my face just for that reference, oh and the fact one of my favorite characters lived, but the reference helped! (The film was Beauty and the Beast, the way Sasha hovers there being healed is very similar to how the Beast is revived at the end of the film, minus the hard several feet drop.)

• Helios is still in the Sky in present day Episode 1, even though it should be blown up and on Pandora.

• That was actually fixed a while ago, if you start a new game you'll see that it's gone.

• It was actually removed in a patch around the same time episode 4 was released. If you go back and play episode 1 now it will no longer show up.

• I think it could be.

eRock92 posted: »

This is a bit of a stretch, but do you think Sasha's present look is somewhat based on her childhood appearance?

• Every asset available for your Vault team can only be unlocked through the game by Fiona. That means that Rhys' choices have no matter in the people you can recruit.

• There are two ways to recruit August, you either don't blame him or prove yourself as a badass to him, whatever that entails I don't know, but he respects you for it and will help you.

I blamed August and shot his hand, and it said that he 'respected me'.

• edited October 2015

The 'and You' always makes me go

i think we made quite the influence on Telltale and we got noticed...

• I think I always skipped them and I got something close to 'We aren't angry, just disappointed' thing. ;____;

• edited October 2015

Everyone you could choose appears in the scene, but when you click on the person, they will either be available or not (and give you the reason). So if you had clicked on Cassius, it would have said he's unavailable. That's how it was with Zer0 and Janey since I didn't mention I was a vault hunter or launch Scooter's satellite.

Unless there's another way to get certain vault hunters that isn't explicit in the reason given. I told Athena to spare Cassius, so that's my guess.

• The someone else silhouette was Nisha from TPS, which I assume was Telltale trolling us.

Poogers555 posted: »

Wait really? Aww, I thought you could select 3 and I thought it was Krieg Lilith and someone else and claptrap

• I do this in TPS after the encounter with the Meriff, because it's the only time in Borderlands (that I know of) where the game engine lets you go inside another character instead of blocking you or bouncing you off the top. Odd, and you can only do it during the first part of Jack's dialogue, but this screenshot reminded me of that.

• Makes sense I guess, since she's the character making the choice.

Every asset available for your Vault team can only be unlocked through the game by Fiona. That means that Rhys' choices have no matter in the people you can recruit.

• How did kroger survive helios?

• Despite what Handsome Jack said, there were still escape pots on the space station. He probably got lucky and managed to find another pot before it was too late.

• He found pot? Lol but thx for the answer

Despite what Handsome Jack said, there were still escape pots on the space station. He probably got lucky and managed to find another pot before it was too late.

• Yeah, but I thought Rhys' eye scene was alot grosser, I mean he's pulling a wire out of his eyeball and just... eww gross.

Another eye messing up scene too.

• Thanks for making me correct my mistake. Escape Pod!!!

Gosh, now I feel embarrassed for spelling Escape Pod wrong. :(

zeke10 posted: »

He found pot? Lol but thx for the answer

• Really? Wow, I played the first episode a week ago with a friend, and I thought for sure it was still there. My bad.

It was actually removed in a patch around the same time episode 4 was released. If you go back and play episode 1 now it will no longer show up.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.