TWD Season 3 at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• In her infinite pocket space next to a spray can.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Where does Clementine keep finding those exact same hair thingys? o.o

• I almost thought it looked like she was wearing Lee's watch, its the same color and style.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Also - Clem have clock like Lee? Or It's bracelet?

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbkmwtyDb9Q&feature=youtu.be

It takes a few minutes for them to talk about Season 3.

Some things I caught up on:

• Javier - full of his own traumatic events.
    • Season 3 is "really isn't like anything we've done before." "
    • On Clementine, "she's being through a lot more, and some things you don't even know yet. Maybe you'll get to experience those things are well."
  • According to Jobs from the PlayStation Livecast almost everybody from the previous season will be in this one. Meaning Kenny and Jane probably are maybe still alive.

• My little girl grew up so fast :')

FetchWalker posted: »

Here you go!

• Oh, this is even better than I expected, thank you so much buddy!

FetchWalker posted: »

Here you go!

• So? This is the only console-to-mobile game which doesnt have many differences from console version...
    No wonder ea knew people will download it, hope '17 comes as well, doesnt matter if its UT

_MasterBB_ posted: »

You play fifa on your phone xD

• For anyone else wondering, they really start talking about The Walking Dead at 4:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbkmwtyDb9Q&feature=youtu.be It takes a few minutes for them to talk about Season 3. Some things I

• So it seem Season 3 is going to start off with us playing as Javier and then we will meet up with clementine. I don't know how I feel about this....

Clementine is about 13-14 years of age. I thought she looked older.

• Yes, exactly. If there's one thing I don't get about the teaser, it's that shot. I mean it looks cool, and we can get that screenshot of season-three-Clem shooting and everything, but why make the noise, why waste a bullet, why not try to be a bit stealthier, isn't that what we usually prefer to do?

TWD_stan posted: »

To be honest, I hope not because why would Clem waste a bullet on a walker? She's smarter than that.

• Ah, and we still haven't seen the scope of what Season 3 will accomplish. We know it will be "considerably larger", so I'm really intrigued as to what that really means. Hopefully a longer season if that's what they're hinting at. Eight episodes minimum, 10 at the max. There's just so much still shrouded in mystery.. (can't wait to find out more.)

• I wouldn't be so sure of that, you know, since there are players for whom both of the characters are dead. But I do like that the 'may or may not be'-detail about flashbacks for Clem was once again said, so yeah, we just might see Kenny/Jane again.

Exciting news anyway ^^

According to Jobs from the PlayStation Livecast almost everybody from the previous season will be in this one. Meaning Kenny and Jane probably are maybe still alive.

• Maybe they're in a rush? They're obviously looking for someone, or a group of someones.

TuttaRw posted: »

Yes, exactly. If there's one thing I don't get about the teaser, it's that shot. I mean it looks cool, and we can get that screenshot of sea

• Well, yeah, but they didn't look like they were hurrying. In fact, I got the exact opposite impression :Ъ

Although, it's hard to tell from a teaser, and I really shouldn't make this kind of statements based on nothing anyway x)

captosome posted: »

Maybe they're in a rush? They're obviously looking for someone, or a group of someones.

• The hype continues!

• Sounds like a personal problem.

PeckinTroy posted: »

I would rather play as a grown adult than have to sit through playing as a little kid again and having everything being unrealistic as shit

• I think you not liking a character you know nothing about other than he's mexican is a much more severe personal problem

bossmanham posted: »

Sounds like a personal problem.

• Wouldn't call it very subtle considering Javier comments on the zombie's tattoo.

Ewndy posted: »

In the trailer they released, the zombie and Javier look like they have similar tattoos. I wonder if that's what they were mentioning when they said "subtle hints".

• So apparently we're going to start off season 3 with Javier and then meet Clementine.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

You know, I don't think there's been a single Telltale game since TWD S1 that hasn't been rewritten in some way, including S1 itself. Whether those are major rewrites or just smaller stuff.

True, to me it seems like Tales was rewritten a lot in general, which might also be part of the reason why Episodes took so long to come out.

• Since when was her B-Day in August?

Mercyva posted: »

i'd say 14, since her birthday is august right? idk, but with a fall premiere she will be 14 I believe

• Isn't' her birthday month mentioned in Season 1?

TDF16 posted: »

Since when was her B-Day in August?

• edited June 2016

Me too, that's why I brought it up XD it's probably what Blind said, Lilly gave her a lot of them.

We'll probably have a scene where Clementine is told to empty her pockets and she drops out a whole pile of hair ties, along with a car battery, a gas canister and other thingys.

KCohere posted: »

I use a lot of hair ties and those things stretch and break so she must be keeping a big supply on her.

• By the Stranger that her birthday was 6 days ago when turned 9 years old.

Isn't' her birthday month mentioned in Season 1?

• Wot when did they say this?

So it seem Season 3 is going to start off with us playing as Javier and then we will meet up with clementine. I don't know how I feel about this.... Clementine is about 13-14 years of age. I thought she looked older.

• edited June 2016

I hope they would use this song in season 3 :)

enter link description here

Lyrics:

Listen, listen, listen brother of mine

she says just a small moment of time

faith is a tree that wants only to grow

a cry in the dark for him who wanders alone hear the bells.

Seven wonders to take our breath away

what is left in your hands when your pictures fade

a voice in the desert is calling your name to be heard

don’t confuse wisdom with all the things that you learn.

Brother I am not more than what you can see

my mind is the tide churning the waters beneath

and towers that lean will sway with the wind don’t you know

we’re all the same, I wonder where do we go

where do we go

tell me where.

I need something stronger to keep my feet on the ground

are you content chasing shadows

I find no peace in what you have found

your hopeful unknown tell me, where do we go.

Listen, listen, listen brother of mine

here at the end we’ve only a moment of time

I am the last one standing amongst the crowd

cant you hear me calling

calling loud hear the bells.

• He meant that almost everybody who worked on the previous seasons are still working on Season 3. Not that characters that appeared in the previous season will make an appearance.

According to Jobs from the PlayStation Livecast almost everybody from the previous season will be in this one. Meaning Kenny and Jane probably are maybe still alive.

• Not that characters that appeared in the previous season will make an appearance.

Part of that is because telltale killed 90% of them :v

lupinb0y posted: »

He meant that almost everybody who worked on the previous seasons are still working on Season 3. Not that characters that appeared in the previous season will make an appearance.

• Where did they say this?

Anthorn posted: »

So apparently we're going to start off season 3 with Javier and then meet Clementine.

• It was the way they were talking about it. They were talking like we'd start with Javier as the new starting point and he'd bump into Clem.

Where did they say this?

• I don't like that.

It was the way they were talking about it. They were talking like we'd start with Javier as the new starting point and he'd bump into Clem.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2016

Kinda Funny E3 Interview with Job Stauffer

Start talking about The Walking Dead at about 11:45.

Interesting points:

• "I'll say they're actually closer to Alexandria than you're thinking. They're not closer to Boston. Given that they're closer to Alexandria, I think, you can expect to see other characters that you know from the comic or the show, possibly popping up here."
    • "I'd say for the third season because we're budding so closely up against where the comics are now, it's presented an opportunity to work with those guys even more...but now that we're sort of right where the comics are and where the story is, it does require a closer collaboration."
  • It might work. We could start off with Javier and then meet Clem. We then learn what Clem has been through up until she meets Javier. That way we can have the time skip, but also have the parallel storyline that's seen through flashbacks, when we can playout the consequences of our choices.

Think of it like LOST when they had flashbacks. During those Flashbacks we get a story which details a survivors earlier life. With Clem we'll see how she fared in Wellington alone or with Kenny. Alone with AJ. The way we play those flashbacks determine who survives the downfall of Wellington, ect.

I don't like that.

• I just watched both interviews. I didn't really pick that up from either.

It was the way they were talking about it. They were talking like we'd start with Javier as the new starting point and he'd bump into Clem.

• If I trust anyone to do it right it's Telltale.

It might work. We could start off with Javier and then meet Clem. We then learn what Clem has been through up until she meets Javier. That w

• edited June 2016

Haha. Sounds like projection on your part. And he's not Mexican, he's Cuban. And I don't care.

For crap sake, I love Clementine and she's black. I have Lucio in my avatar! I clearly don't have an issue with people's race or ethnicity. Grow up.

Or do you just hate young black girls?

PeckinTroy posted: »

I think you not liking a character you know nothing about other than he's mexican is a much more severe personal problem

• I hope they do it that way though.

If I trust anyone to do it right it's Telltale.

• Wait.... does that mean no Wellington or Howes? Uh oh. ;-;

Kinda Funny E3 Interview with Job Stauffer Start talking about The Walking Dead at about 11:45. Interesting points: * "I'll say t

• Channeling my inner "HA!" here:

• knew that the missing finger wasn't specifically ending-determinant
    • knew that there'll be another playable character (although I'm surprised they might not be the only one)

Kinda Funny E3 Interview with Job Stauffer Start talking about The Walking Dead at about 11:45. Interesting points: * "I'll say t

• ◾knew that there'll be another playable character (although I'm surprised they might not be the only one)

I think he kind of gave a yes/no/maybe answer, personally, but you know, I kind of forget already.

Channeling my inner "HA!" here: * knew that the missing finger wasn't specifically ending-determinant * knew that there'll be another playable character (although I'm surprised they might not be the only one)

This discussion has been closed.