TWD Season 3 at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• Am i the only one that just can't get excited with this? I'm trying i really am but i hatee the fact that we're getting two playable protaganists plus clementine looks completely different to her younger self the only think i see in common is her skin tone but even that gets darker from season 1 to 3 wich makes no sense. Plus the new engine doesn't seem to be that superior in terms of graphics but i'l judge the engine when i play the game. I'm not trying to hate guys but i'm just dissapointed with everything we've seen so far

• Remember we just got a view of the teaser trailer, and with it not coming out till around fall that means it is still a work in progress. So there is still time to make adjustments and improvements both for the Characters and graphics.

Tomi021 posted: »

Am i the only one that just can't get excited with this? I'm trying i really am but i hatee the fact that we're getting two playable protaga

• As I've said elsewhere, the zombie model looks really good, especially the eyes. They look like an actual dead person's eyes (at least I think so), not like contact lenses (show) or just plain white (previous games). Very creepy, but very cool at the same time. I hope this will be the new standard for zombie models in Telltale's TWD.

OzzyUK posted: »

Telltale posted two high res screenshots from the trailer on the press assets page that someone might want to use as a background. http://vip.telltalegames.com/2016/06/14/twd-s3/

• Did some cutout of these, check the Season 3 avatar thread guys :)

OzzyUK posted: »

Telltale posted two high res screenshots from the trailer on the press assets page that someone might want to use as a background. http://vip.telltalegames.com/2016/06/14/twd-s3/

• No, but there are some people shipping it already.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Wait, seriously? There's actually someone with that name already?

• OMG, I love it ! GG, it's beautiful ! :)

I drew Clementine! enter link description here Possibly the first drawing of Clementine from actual season 3...?

• edited June 2016

Black children tend to get a darker complexion as they get older, so it makes total sense for Clem to have a different skin tone. And I love the fact that we're getting two protagonists as some people didn't want to play as Clem but while others did. That's the only way to make everyone happy.

Tomi021 posted: »

Am i the only one that just can't get excited with this? I'm trying i really am but i hatee the fact that we're getting two playable protaga

• I agree with this

Bigby-Wolf posted: »

Black children tend to get a darker complexion as they get older, so it makes total sense for Clem to have a different skin tone. And I love

• So confused why people hate the idea of two protagonists? I mean it's the best direction and if I had my way, Clem wouldn't even have been a protagonist.

• "Well close to four hours last night and then maybe three hours today"

Wow, I don't have pacience to draw my stickman for even 2 minutes ...

Thank you!! (: Well close to four hours last night and then maybe three hours today. I was trying not to rush though it.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2016

I'm willing to bet that a good majority of the art assets in the teaser trailer were made specifically for the trailer as well. Clementine, Javier, and the zombie are probably the only complete models at this point in development, or at the very least, the most detailed and finalized.

Remember we just got a view of the teaser trailer, and with it not coming out till around fall that means it is still a work in progress. So there is still time to make adjustments and improvements both for the Characters and graphics.

• I hardly have any patients either but I think I just enjoy this game so much I can bare drawing Clementine for that long.

Romaoplays posted: »

"Well close to four hours last night and then maybe three hours today" Wow, I don't have pacience to draw my stickman for even 2 minutes ...

• Well, anyways, it is incredible! ( Best than any drawing I've ever seen )

I hardly have any patients either but I think I just enjoy this game so much I can bare drawing Clementine for that long.

• Aww thank you!!

Cody_nara posted: »

That's simply amazing. No other words can describe it (There are other words, buuuut... You get the idea).

• That's the only way to make everyone happy.

Everyone except @Tomi021. And everyone else who doesn't want to play two different people. In other words, not everyone.

Black children tend to get a darker complexion as they get older, so it makes total sense for Clem to have a different skin tone. And I love

• Because the last two seasons only had one protagonist and people doesn't like too much changes in that sort of mechanic ( For now I'd prefer to only play as Clementine but I can only say if I like it or not after I played it myself... )

OneWayNoWay posted: »

So confused why people hate the idea of two protagonists? I mean it's the best direction and if I had my way, Clem wouldn't even have been a protagonist.

• true.

Jayroen posted: »

I like that Clem is older now, Javier seems kinda lame though.

• Explain Clem's eye color change please.

• It's just the updated engine

darkfoxTM posted: »

Explain Clem's eye color change please.

• Thank you! And yes, Iv'e drawn one other one. Though its a cross hatching drawing, it isn't a realistic drawing like I do now. I recently just started realism.

http://i.imgur.com/jfjVM04.jpg

Teddy96 posted: »

Looks amazing exactly like it does in the trailer. Haveyou done any other artwork of the walking dead?

• Lol true, if you want to get technical. :) But honestly, no one would've cared if it was announced before hand as everyone was either for or against playing as Clem. Now that it's seen as a change it's suddenly a big deal. Personally, I'm fine with it as they could've dropped playing as Clem completely and other variances that could've happened. It's something that we don't even know much about, so why complain about it? I see it as something that could improve our experience. We know that Telltale can handle playing as two characters well as shown in Tales from the Borderlands so that's one thing that is off of our plate. Of course it's just my opinion and everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but I just don't see what the big deal is.

By the way, this is not a comment directed at you. Just an expanding of my original comment. :P

That's the only way to make everyone happy. Everyone except @Tomi021. And everyone else who doesn't want to play two different people. In other words, not everyone.

• Thanks!! And yes that's what I'm best at.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Fantastic. Those shading skills.

• Aww thanks!!

Ruetset posted: »

OMG, I love it ! GG, it's beautiful !

• She has the same eye color, it's just that the eyes reflect more light, making her eyes look steel grey at first.

darkfoxTM posted: »

Explain Clem's eye color change please.

• Oh, it's alright! I ever even considered your comment as offensive. I'm just kind of against playing two different characters, because, unlike Tales from the Borderlands, which has a perfect humorous tone, this is a story about survival, morality, and what people turn into. For me at least.

I feel like I will have a hard time keeping both Clementine and Javier as real people with so much as partially consistent personalities. I believe that this same thought might be what worries others too.

Lol true, if you want to get technical. But honestly, no one would've cared if it was announced before hand as everyone was either for or a

• Oh, this picture is big enough to see Clem's eye colour.

See, everyone? They're still yellow. Just very shiny.

• Hot damn. Look at that smoke coming from the gun.

link

• this will be on ps3 aswell right?

• Amazing! :)

I drew Clementine! enter link description here Possibly the first drawing of Clementine from actual season 3...?

• I doubt it.

Clemmy1 posted: »

this will be on ps3 aswell right?

• It should be, Telltale tries their best with every release to make it available for a wide variety of players, plus, if PS3 could handle a game like The Last of Us then it sure can handle this.

Clemmy1 posted: »

this will be on ps3 aswell right?

• You play fifa on your phone xD

• Yeah, but people need to accept change sometimes. I mean if nothing every changes, the whole experience and enjoyment of the Walking Dead would just decline, as it'd just become repetitive and boring.

Because the last two seasons only had one protagonist and people doesn't like too much changes in that sort of mechanic ( For now I'd prefer to only play as Clementine but I can only say if I like it or not after I played it myself... )

• P.S. Amazing OP, Ozzy!

enter image description here

• Also - Clem have clock like Lee?

Or It's bracelet?

enter image description here enter image description here

• I agree with that, let them hate it, no one cares :)

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Yeah, but people need to accept change sometimes. I mean if nothing every changes, the whole experience and enjoyment of the Walking Dead would just decline, as it'd just become repetitive and boring.

• Looks like a clock

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Also - Clem have clock like Lee? Or It's bracelet?

• edited June 2016

Well, holy shit! First of all, I loved the look of that walker at the beginning. The new models just give it a fresh, new feel which was desperately needed. And Clem... whilst not being very fond of the timeskips, I get a weird sense of pride in seeing her become older and much more capable. She's all grown up now :)

Has it been confirmed that Javier is the 2nd playable character? All i've read and heard so far is that he is a key part of the story. Based on the trailer here there will be at least a portion of the game that Clem and Javier will be travelling together. Will be interesting to see how they handle balancing between the two of them as playable characters. Dual protagonists is something that really excites me though, as the last season proved that there are very mixed opinions when it comes to playing as Clem. It allows people to have the best of both worlds and will hopefully provide fresh new perspectives, as we can see from an outsider's perspective, how our previous decisions have changed Clem's personality, provided our choices from season 2 will be carried over and matter of course.

The trailer has got me to just the right amount of hype! Can't wait for fall :)

Edit: just read the blog post. Can't wait to play as Javier then :)

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

P.S. Amazing OP, Ozzy!

I didn't make it, Blind Sniper did :)

Karnedg2013 posted: »

P.S. Amazing OP, Ozzy!

• Probably.

P.S.: Clem's missing finger still bothers me

Looks like a clock

This discussion has been closed.