Who do you think are the most underrated and overrated characters in all of the games?

Comments

• Thank God someone actually agrees with me about Nate, finally!

Underrated: Chuck, this dude's one of my personal favorite characters, how can anyone not like this guy. Overrated: Nate, I never got the

• edited October 2016

If you ask her what she and Omid were arguing about she refuses to answer and then Lee says "If you're be gonna around for a while, it'd be good to know what baggage you got" to which Christa replies "Then maybe we won't be around for a while" then puts on an epic scowl. It then says at the top of the screen Christa doesn't appreciate you prying into her business

DabigRG posted: »

she gets so mad if you 'pry' into her business It's been a while since I played Season 1, much less the episodes with Christa, but I

• I don't get the hype surrounding her character. Her bratty personality was a good contrast to Shel, but I'm not a fan of the character herself.

Overrated: Becca from 400 Days Huh? What makes you say that? Underrated: Shel from 400 Days LOL Agreed.

• Okay, I just want you guys to know this.

By "overrated and underrated", I mean loved/hated my the most people.

• I'm guessing this is a pre-Season 2 thing. Honestly, the main reason I wouldn't have minded having her around is because of the contrast with Clementine. Plus, everybody wants to see a catfight between those two, so there's that. :P

Bon-Bon posted: »

I don't get the hype surrounding her character. Her bratty personality was a good contrast to Shel, but I'm not a fan of the character herself.

• I suppose? When the word overrated gets thrown around, it usually means something popular that isn't quite as noteworthy as it's cracked up to be.

But since underrated usually means underappreciated, your definition could work, too.

Okay, I just want you guys to know this. By "overrated and underrated", I mean loved/hated my the most people.

• all these characters are misunderstood, except maybe Doug and Andy.

•Vernon was just looking out for his group

•Stranger was just a dad that lost his mind due to the apocalypse and he's actually one of my favorite characters.

•Larry was just a stubborn old man looking out for his daughter.

i added Andy because he's my favorite character, and Doug because no one picks him and i find his character way more interesting than a bimbo reporter that just coincidentally is an amazing shot. lol.

Underrated:• Vernon •Andy St. John I want to say I agree with Vernon, but would you mind explaining your choices?

• all these characters are misunderstood, except maybe Doug and Andy.

•Vernon was just looking out for his group

•Stranger was just a dad that lost his mind due to the apocalypse and he's actually one of my favorite characters.

•Larry was just a stubborn old man looking out for his daughter.

i added Andy because he's my favorite character, and Doug because no one picks him and i find his character way more interesting than a bimbo reporter that just coincidentally is an amazing shot. lol.

Underrated:• Vernon •Andy St. John I want to say I agree with Vernon, but would you mind explaining your choices?

• I didn't mean all of them, but thank you anyway.

Agreed with Vernon.

I wasn't aware the Stranger wasn't appreciated, even though I can't say I see him being brought up too often. I thought he was an excellent way to conclude the themes Season 1 were operating by.

Larry is one of my favorite characters from Season 1.

Really now? If you don't mind, can you tell me what his deal was and why you like him? I know its been years since I've first experienced Season 1 but he's actually one of the few characters I can't seem to wrap my head around.

I always feel odd about when people say they like Carley or Doug because their reasoning tends to be a bit...petty. They either like Carley because they see her as a badass and attractive love interest or Doug because they want to say they didn't pick the obvious choice; in other words, their preference seems to be based on superficial reasons rather than because they actually like their characters

all these characters are misunderstood, except maybe Doug and Andy. •Vernon was just looking out for his group •Stranger was just a da

• Overrated

• Kenny
    • Carver
    • Rebecca

Underrated

• Sarah
    • Pete s2
    • Lilly
    • Paige
    • Christa
  • Overrated
    Rebecca

:confused: ...Really?

Overrated * Kenny * Carver * Rebecca * Underrated * Sarah * Pete s2 * Lilly * Paige * Christa

• Yes, other than the fact she was pregnant and a bitch to Clementine...she provided nothing more than to slow the group down.

Overrated Rebecca ...Really?

• I mean more like " Rebecca is well-liked enough to count as overrated?"

Yes, other than the fact she was pregnant and a bitch to Clementine...she provided nothing more than to slow the group down.

• But I was always here those 2 years xD
    • Thank You!

Oh, well welcome back, senior! And I just talked about this in this very thread, but anyone who comes here without playing the game might as well give up on spoilers.

• At least Rebecca had an identifiable character ark. That's already more than certain other beloved characters.

Yes, other than the fact she was pregnant and a bitch to Clementine...she provided nothing more than to slow the group down.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Yeah, fuck that guy

what an overrated asshole

Overrated * Kenny * Carver * Rebecca * Underrated * Sarah * Pete s2 * Lilly * Paige * Christa

• UNDERRATED PEEPS:

• Lilly
    • Katjaa
    • Chuck

OVERRATED PEEPS:

• Carley
    • Becca
  • edited October 2016

Overrated: Jane and Clem

Underrated: Chuck

I'd only list Clem as overrated however after the first game. She was a great character in the first game, not so much in the sequel. She made a poor choice for a protagonist.

• ...Jane?

At least Rebecca had an identifiable character ark. That's already more than certain other beloved characters.

• Oooh, yeah that's apparently the first indication of her very subtle character arc. Much like Rebecca, she's a bit hesitant to trust strangers due to her impeding vulnerability. And to be fair, some guy showing up with a little girl that's not his is a bit concerning at first. She eventually grows out of it and starts to trust Lee and Clementine's group, to the point of apparently not being so quick to hide her secret.

AgentZ46 posted: »

If you ask her what she and Omid were arguing about she refuses to answer and then Lee says "If you're be gonna around for a while, it'd be

• Boyd, Joyce and Clive

You know, when you put it like that, they do sound interesting. I only felt sorry for them as bit characters who went from one desperate situation to an arguable worse one, but that's about it.

Dee

True. After all, some aging portly lady sneaking into Roman's camp, grabbing supplies, and apparently getting out easy enough to be unpleasantly surprised when she sees the flashlights heading in their direction has got to have some skill about her.
    Though, I will say that I don't think Leland was actually having an affair with Bonnie. More like they took a liking to each other that was starting to get a little serious, which Dee picked up on no thanks to Leland's poor word choice under stress. The dialogue options and respective responses between the two after Dee dies seems to imply that it didn't get too out of hand.

Gabby

Ah, a recognizable face amongst a crowd with a few distinct traits. Gotcha.
    No idea about any rivalry going on, so I might have to do some digging.

Alvin

Well, he was one of the most unarguably good members of the Cabin Group morality wise. While some players might be let down that Rebecca keeps reigning him in at first, the fact that he can be convinced go behind her back to help Clementine, even throwing in a juice box, as well as eventually staying behind to let Clementine escape unhindered is what can make people approve of him.
    Actually, due in part to looking up alternative choices for certain characters, Alvin was a character I really wish got more screentime and development. He was the only character of Season 2 that I liked from the get-go, some of his lines were pretty amusing, and then there's the unanswered topic of George to round him out.

Troy

He was apparently going to be worse at one point, in Owen Thomas is to be believed. However, since some of those elements have been removed, some people have pointed out a few interesting details about him. Nothing mindblowing, but it paints a neat little picture of him. Plus, he's got some hilarious lines and interactions at times.

Zachary

Well, I think it was more out of gratitude for her convincing Sam to back down from killing him over something he really didn't want to be apart of in the first place. Plus, Randall was a complete psychopath who essentially got himself killed, so I can see why he wouldn't approve of Norma deciding to kill everyone, including children, over his death.

I'll respond descriptively as soon as I have the time. Edited section I did not just forget about this. Moving on! Boyd, Joyce an

• I was thinking Troy.

...Jane?

• To be fair, Troy was just a recognizable minion character who would antagonize Clementine throughout the episode. Plus, in light of the treatment characters like Rebecca, Arvo, and Jane herself got, I do wish that he had been allowed to tag along since he would have to have an arc.

I was thinking Troy.

• I don't know. Think of how much depth would be lost had Troy's extremely layered and complex character not been in the game to shout and then yell.

To be fair, Troy was just a recognizable minion character who would antagonize Clementine throughout the episode. Plus, in light of the trea

• Grammar? I'm sorry, give me a sec to comprehend this.
    Okay, are you saying Troy joining the group would simplify his character?

I don't know. Think of how much depth would be lost had Troy's extremely layered and complex character not been in the game to shout and then yell.

• I don't think he could've been any more deep is what I'm saying. All of his subtle nuances, the punctuation of vocabulary, his body language and the way it enforces certain emotional responses, the myriad of distinct character traits exuded to precise clarification.

He'll be studied by novelists and scholars many years down the line for how to skillfully engage people toward a character.

Grammar? I'm sorry, give me a sec to comprehend this. .... Okay, are you saying Troy joining the group would simplify his character?

• ...K.

I know some people have indeed pointed out that he wasn't quite as bad as he seems at first glance for a few reasons, so the idea of him following Bonnie's example and trying to make up for his treatment of the group isn't out of the question.

I don't think he could've been any more deep is what I'm saying. All of his subtle nuances, the punctuation of vocabulary, his body language

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I don't think his sarcasm is getting all the way through here, but he's being sarcastic

...K. I know some people have indeed pointed out that he wasn't quite as bad as he seems at first glance for a few reasons, so the idea o

• ...Oh. :p

Deltino posted: »

I don't think his sarcasm is getting all the way through here, but he's being sarcastic

• Underrated: Everyone

• edited October 2016

Andy is my favorite character, i don't know, he's just always been my favorite.

if you don't kill him, it's great to theorize if he got out alive or not.

plus the voice actor did a perfect job on his character.

the St. Johns kind of reminded me of the Sawyer family in the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the whole cannibal thing, which, i don't know about anyone else, but it was a good call back for me to one of the great horror movies.

I didn't mean all of them, but thank you anyway. Agreed with Vernon. I wasn't aware the Stranger wasn't appreciated, even though I can

• Overrated Characters

◦Lee
    ◦Clementine

Why do you think this? If you don't mind me asking.

Underrated Characters * Katjaa * Lilly * Doug * Christa * Vernon * Boyd * Joyce * Clive * Brie * Bonnie * Dee * Shel * Carl

• Underrated:
    Oak
    400 Days playable cast, besides Bonnie (since people overlook them for having only appeared for 10-15 seconds in Season 2)

• edited October 2016

How is Omid Overrated?

Overrated: Javier (already) Lee, Carver, Luke, Bonnie, and Rebecca and Michelle dont get enough hate.
    Underrated: Clem (depends), Christa, Duck, Kat

• More than likely since they are the main characters they get talked about the most so some think it is overrated but I think Clem actually gets alot of hate.

Overrated Characters ◦Lee ◦Clementine Why do you think this? If you don't mind me asking.

• Because a lot of people like him for being funny even though he's arguably one of the least developed group members in Season 1. At least, I assume that's whoever you're referencing's line of thinking.

Overrated: Javier (already) Lee, Carver, Luke, Bonnie, and Rebecca and Michelle dont get enough hate.

How exactly are Javier, Rebecca, and Michelle overrated?

Underrated: Clem (depends), Christa, Duck, Kit

...Who?

NorthStars posted: »

How is Omid Overrated? Overrated: Javier (already) Lee, Carver, Luke, Bonnie, and Rebecca and Michelle dont get enough hate. Underrated: Clem (depends), Christa, Duck, Kat

• Mostly, I feel like both of them receive more praise than they deserve just because they are the playable characters. I consider them to be on par with the rest of the cast, because I don't find them to be exceptional, yet the majority of players understandably hold them on such a high regard.

Same applies toward Clementine hate. I'm just mostly indifferent to her.

Overrated Characters ◦Lee ◦Clementine Why do you think this? If you don't mind me asking.

• edited October 2016

Katjaa. Javier is already to loved and s3 isnt out yet, Rebecca was terrible (imo) and she doesnt get much hate, but I dont hate her as much as Michelle for various reasons. Shes overrated because people try and say it wasnt her fault or she didnt mean to shoot Omid but truly it was as she was threatening to a little girl to begin with and was willing to shoot a little girl. I think alot of people like Omid other than just his humor as I thought he was actually a well scripted that was killed off to fast

Because a lot of people like him for being funny even though he's arguably one of the least developed group members in Season 1. At least,

• Oh okay, thanks.

Mostly, I feel like both of them receive more praise than they deserve just because they are the playable characters. I consider them to be

• Sorry if I offended you.

Oh okay, thanks.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.