Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• She's been pushing herself too much with the blood magic and bad things are happening. Just think - where could she have learned it from all the way up beyond the Wall?

MrEggplant posted: »

What is happening to Elsera?

• My reaction to Elsera was literally "What, what, what, WHAT!?" I was feaking out thinking she was gonna die and I'm really hoping she lives through this.

Did Sylvi hit her head or is that someone else's blood?

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 3.100 Blood magic: not even once. Also this is the first (and last) part to break 100 posts : O

• Sylvi did hit her head, yeah. There's a cut above her eyebrow but I'm not sure it's that visible to anyone but me because I was the one who put it there XD

AgentZ46 posted: »

My reaction to Elsera was literally "What, what, what, WHAT!?" I was feaking out thinking she was gonna die and I'm really hoping she lives through this. Did Sylvi hit her head or is that someone else's blood?

• Blood Magic is hell of a drug

She's been pushing herself too much with the blood magic and bad things are happening. Just think - where could she have learned it from all the way up beyond the Wall?

• Part 3.101

Well, there's why this chapter is called "Eye of the Storm."

• edited November 2016

Also no, skelly/bonehead isn't the spirit of the north grove - it's just using him as a vessel. Something to do with bloodlines, maybe..? : 3

Part 3.101 Well, there's why this chapter is called "Eye of the Storm."

• Holy shit! I didn't expect this. What a great twist.

"The North Grove must never be lost" probably should've listened.

• Ohh, shit. When your own army turns on you, you know that's when you are really fucked.

enter image description here

• Aaand that's why you don't employ living corpses.

• Part 3.102

Slayyyy, my man. Slayyyy.

• Is the soldier on the right in the last shot wearing the helmet the Whitehills at Ironrath made for Torrhen?

Part 3.102 Slayyyy, my man. Slayyyy.

• Yeah, I was originally going to have Torrhen wear it, but it looked weird so I gave it to that soldier (who happens to be Torrhen's mother's cousin).

• Part 3.103

Torrhen back at it again with the cheap hits. If you intend on winning, might as well fight like a scumbag.

(Also that second-to-last image with the shield makes me wince when I see it. I just... couldn't get it right.)

• haha the shield looks ok to me

Part 3.103 Torrhen back at it again with the cheap hits. If you intend on winning, might as well fight like a scumbag. (Also that second-to-last image with the shield makes me wince when I see it. I just... couldn't get it right.)

• The shield is nothing to wince about, it's mighty fine. My eyes always tend to spot things that don't seem right, but that shield, that shield is completely and utterly, 100% right.

Part 3.103 Torrhen back at it again with the cheap hits. If you intend on winning, might as well fight like a scumbag. (Also that second-to-last image with the shield makes me wince when I see it. I just... couldn't get it right.)

• I feel like it's less the shield, more Erik's pose. Posing can be so finnicky sometimes haha.

Kateis posted: »

The shield is nothing to wince about, it's mighty fine. My eyes always tend to spot things that don't seem right, but that shield, that shield is completely and utterly, 100% right.

• I think you did very well with both of them, to be honest.

I feel like it's less the shield, more Erik's pose. Posing can be so finnicky sometimes haha.

• I see what you mean with the way Erik threw it, but it still looks great.

I feel like it's less the shield, more Erik's pose. Posing can be so finnicky sometimes haha.

• edited November 2016

Bonus Thing!

This brief scene was something I worked on during my downtime, taking a break from the main AU plotline.

“Lord Whitehill paid my father a visit at Rillwater Crossing… He told my father Gryff had “subdued” you, and– …"

"And that my sister would make a fine reward."

"Ludd threatened my family… told my father if he refused we’d be slaughtered along with you.”

This is Ludd’s visit to Rillwater Crossing, where he convinces Lord Errol Glenmore to betroth Elaena to Gryff Whitehill. Namond convinces Errol that it will buy them time and does not actually intend to honour the betrothal, but they have to keep it secret to prevent Ludd catching wind. Elaena and Arthur view this (false) agreement as an act of cowardice and enlist Rodrik's help to kill Gryff off... which ultimately ends in Arthur's death.

This is also the first time we've seen Arthur in the same picture as his dad, brother and mother. Kyra and Lyarra are also present, the former clinging to Arthur's hip while the latter is to Lady Glenmore's right, just offscreen. The resemblance between Errol and Arthur is pretty clear here, I'd say. Arthur takes more after his dad than Namond does.

Also there's some easter eggs in the picture with Ludd. Janos Ironsmith is on the left hand side, wearing regular Whitehill bannerman gear. This is because the Elite Guard was only set up following Torrhen's rise to Lordship - and Janos was one of Ludd's closer friends. Janos's son Jonos is on the far left behind his father - no idea where he is. He's probably knocking about Highpoint somewhere.

Also that big guy on the right? Might be seeing more of him at some point if stuff goes to plan at some point. We'll see. As a hint, he has close ties to the Warricks.

• I love this. I wonder how this went down. A lot of shouting I imagine.

Bonus Thing! This brief scene was something I worked on during my downtime, taking a break from the main AU plotline. “Lord Wh

• Rodrik, my guy, I, uh, I don't think that's gonna work...

Part 3.104 RIP.

• edited November 2016

If Rodrik thinks that holding a Whitehill hostage will stop Torrhen from creating more bloodshed...

Seriously I think that Rodrik should just kill him.

Also I feel bad for poor Erik. His fate is just doomed no matter what happens. Anyways I'm still enjoying the AU as always.

Part 3.104 RIP.

• Hope this won't turn into another "The villain kills his own men to show his lack of remorse" situation.

Part 3.104 RIP.

• Erik! No! Damn that bastard bitch Alanna!

I sure hope Rodrik's got a better plan up his sleeve than this.

Part 3.104 RIP.

• bastard bitch

This may well be the best insult I've ever heard.

Erik! No! Damn that bastard bitch Alanna! I sure hope Rodrik's got a better plan up his sleeve than this.

• Part 3.105

Just the two of them left...

• Rodrik won't die but I don't think that Torrhen is going to loose this fight too. I'm curious what happens next.

Part 3.105 Just the two of them left...

• SOOOOO... Two of my most disliked characters of the au are about to try & murder each other. I honestly have never been that conflicted before, like... Who am I supposed to sympathize with/root for? Bc I can't bring mself to cheer for either of them. Shit, I hope Talia will rush in & stop them or something, ridding me of this dilemma :\

(Btw, RIP Varen Parge, my son number 17634... that ain't th exact number, just feels like it, I've lost count of all the children I've lost to the au already. I hope that two men responsible for this will batter each other for good in this battle, delivering at least some form of justice for him. Peaceful castellans do generally get the short end of the stick in the au... Just an observation.)

• Well, cocky Rodrik is too cocky for this fight.

And now I have fallen in love with Torrhen... What have you done to me Badger?

Just Torrhen being like, 'Eh' he just doesn't care and I love that. I don't why... But I do! XD

• I have a feeling Torrhen never truly valued him. It says on his wiki bio that he has a strong dislike for bastards, and with Roslin being Torrhen's bastard, I'm sure he feels somewhat happy that no one is there anymore to question her place in the family

• Yep, Varen and Torrhen had a very tumultuous relationship. Varen was only really on the council because he was a remnant of Ludd's council and Torrhen was kind of stuck with him. The man may have been good at his job but he was bad at keeping in Torrhen's good books as he constantly badmouthed Roslin.

Here's an excerpt from a story written by @littlehandmaiden and I:

“My Lord,” Varen breathed, “Must you insist on bringing your bastard to every council meeting you attend?”

As you can see he was extremely dismissive of Roslin even though she was the daughter of his Lord, not even referring to her by name.

So pretty much, this was Torrhen's chance to get rid of that problem without any questions being raised haha.

• And now I have fallen in love with Torrhen... What have you done to me Badger?

You're late to the party XD

Kateis posted: »

Well, cocky Rodrik is too cocky for this fight. And now I have fallen in love with Torrhen... What have you done to me Badger? Just Torrhen being like, 'Eh' he just doesn't care and I love that. I don't why... But I do! XD

• Yeah, I know. But, I wanted to hate him, sooo much. I mean, I did. But that scene somehow made me love him XD

And now I have fallen in love with Torrhen... What have you done to me Badger? You're late to the party XD

• Part of me thinks you're drawn to characters with death flags, my friend.

Krapinka posted: »

SOOOOO... Two of my most disliked characters of the au are about to try & murder each other. I honestly have never been that conflicted

• "RODRIK SMASH!"

• aha I see. Kind of ironic considering he's sort of a bastard himself :p

Yep, Varen and Torrhen had a very tumultuous relationship. Varen was only really on the council because he was a remnant of Ludd's council a

• Off the top of my head, perhaps his parents were abusive which subconsciously influenced his view of bastards.

Maybe he's just a prick.

aha I see. Kind of ironic considering he's sort of a bastard himself

• Maybe he's just a prick.

Yeh most likely the case

Off the top of my head, perhaps his parents were abusive which subconsciously influenced his view of bastards. Maybe he's just a prick.

• Rodrik: "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

Torrhen: "Sure I would. You'd probably get even sloppier."

AgentZ46 posted: »

"RODRIK SMASH!"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.