Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• Part 3.82

You probably guessed something like this would happen to keep [SPOILER] around.

• Is Lyarra trying to get payback for her family? I didn't take her for the vengeance-seeking type.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 3.82 You probably guessed something like this would happen to keep [SPOILER] around.

• It's the Greyson blood in her. I would say she's trying to feel like she's pulling her weight and pitching in but the way she's doing it is dodgy.

She's 15 years old and has an IQ of the same number.

Is Lyarra trying to get payback for her family? I didn't take her for the vengeance-seeking type.

• I think Lyarra's been basically sheltered her entire life, in a position of privilege, so she doesn't actually understand how her actions can have consequences. She and Namond have always had a contentious relationship (i.e how they treat each other in the the redux, her resentment at Namond keeping her away from Ostyn), so I think him telling her stay at Timberwatch really annoyed her.

I also believe there's a bit of jealousy directed toward Talia. She gets to go to Highpoint with everyone else while Lyarra stays and waits. Lyarra's a diva, an attention craver. She's young, and naive. Not bad things to be but when the situation is as dire and delicate as this, she shouldn't be doing whatever she likes and going against her brother.

Her actions here can be explained I think if you look at the conversation she had with Talia when the latter first gets to the Glenmore camp. Talia tells her about killing a Whitehill man, but Lyarra thinks it's not anything to be upset over. Mostly because she doesn't get it. I don't think this is a vengeance mission, but Lyarra's own flaws getting in the way of her common sense.

It's the Greyson blood in her. I would say she's trying to feel like she's pulling her weight and pitching in but the way she's doing it is dodgy. She's 15 years old and has an IQ of the same number.

• No, not the character that insists on helping so much that they end up doing the exact opposite!

Part 3.82 You probably guessed something like this would happen to keep [SPOILER] around.

• edited October 2016

Part 3.83

Blinded by rage and determination.

He drew it himself.

• Aw, dammit. They've been dooped. Hook, line and sinker.

Part 3.83 Blinded by rage and determination. He drew it himself.

• Knew Torrhen wouldn't go down so easily. :)

• When I saw you say you didn't want him to die yesterday I wanted to say you shouldn't underestimate him ; )

Andribuss posted: »

Knew Torrhen wouldn't go down so easily.

• It disturbs me how they say "was" about Clint. They didn't kill him off-screen despite promising not to, did they? Plz tell me I'm wrong, I managed to become so frigging attached to those two & I'm still not over Todd's death. Part of the reason I dislike that Errold dude, something's just off about him to me, he has a shifty look & I don't like his face (such a brilliant reasoning for disliking a character, ffs).

I assume Torrhen was somehow warned about the ambush in the end? Ahhh, that's such a shame (not really). I wonder how the group is even gonna survive if that's the case, bc Whitehills honestly looked capable of defeating them even in that still from Talia's song, with all that armor & stuff, although that's just my feeling. I anticipate Randyll showing up, & maybe Torrhen — I honestly hope that there will be some Torrhen around here soon, bc his interaction with Rodrik is a must. I may not like either of those guys, but gods, do I crave their meeting. Something tells me, after a lil talk all difficulties could be solved. I mean, Torr hasn't actually harmed Forresters much (Glenmores are another business though...) & he & Rods are fairly similar in a way. Like, can't they just agree not to harm each other's loved ones & murder Gryff together? This outcome would satisfy most of the characters & pretty much all (minus one) au's readers. They need to consider this.

I also assume Highpoint's plotline is split into two connected sublots — Rod's & Talia's? Or should I say "Lyarra's", bc she seems to take the most action? x D Honestly, I even understand her in a way. She's defeated her first foe & must feel all giddy, no wonder she's not acting in the most smart way. Seriously tho, I love that girl, no matter how (apologies) stupid she may be. Bonus points to Lya for initiating a subplot that can possibly end with Talia stumbling upon Ros & Greta? At least, that's what I think will happen, I obviously may be wrong, but it just seems like the direction the plot's taking, & it'd be beyond awesome. I'm just so intrigued, intrigued to the point I don't even want to go back to Gared's POV, even though it has Gryff & Harys. It's the first time those two aren't the ones I'm the most hyped about.

One question, Badger, just so I know whether one of my new predictions has any chances or not. Are Ironrath's & Highpoint's POVs taking place within one day? Like, what's going on at Ironrtah happens at daytime, and the infiltration — at nighttime after it? Or can there be a time gap of several days or more between them? You don't have to answer if this would spoil anything, but I'm really curious about the timelines.

• They're so fucked!

• Hoo boy, you give me a lot to discuss. Not a bad thing; I enjoy it a lot. It's fun to look back and see a well thought-out reaction in full detail and answer a ton of questions.

Don't stop. There will be plenty more to discuss soon.

It disturbs me how they say "was" about Clint. They didn't kill him off-screen despite promising not to, did they? Plz tell me I'm wrong, I managed to become so frigging attached to those two & I'm still not over Todd's death.

Clint is alive, just injured in the courtyard. They likely threw him in that cage cart so he couldn't ring the bell and warn anyone. Buuuut it's not like warning them would have changed anything.

Part of the reason I dislike that Errold dude, something's just off about him to me, he has a shifty look & I don't like his face (such a brilliant reasoning for disliking a character, ffs).

Errold is actually ripped straight from canon - his model appears around the campfire with Norren and Thermund:

enter image description here

Somehow the lucky bastard escaped the Twins, made it home, survived the Siege, got captured, survived the Logging Site and is now one of Rodrik's remaining crew members. And he's a skinny little weed.

I assume Torrhen was somehow warned about the ambush in the end?

Mhmm. More will come to light about this, but an important factor was Todd, strangely enough. When Clint gets up to answer the gate, Todd says:

"You check 'em out, I'll go do the thing and then come back."

So there's evidence there that they were already warned about something happening. I don't want to spoil it all, though, so I'll leave the explaining to the upcoming posts.

I also assume Highpoint's plotline is split into two connected sublots — Rod's & Talia's?

Indeed it is. Rodrik's got his shit to do, Talia has hers to do. Let's be real, we knew Talia was gonna be sticking around at Highpoint - it was just a matter of what caused it. Cue impulsive, naive friend.

I'm just so intrigued, intrigued to the point I don't even want to go back to Gared's POV, even though it has Gryff & Harys. It's the first time those two aren't the ones I'm the most hyped about.

For the record, Harys and Gryff are more prominent in Gared's next scene, but that's not for a week or more.

One question, Badger, just so I know whether one of my new predictions has any chances or not. Are Ironrath's & Highpoint's POVs taking place within one day? Like, what's going on at Ironrtah happens at daytime, and the infiltration — at nighttime after it? Or can there be a time gap of several days or more between them? You don't have to answer if this would spoil anything, but I'm really curious about the timelines.

You're correct! Same day - Battle for Ironrath in the day, Infiltration of Highpoint in the evening/night. The outcome of the Ironrath stuff hasn't reached anyone yet, though. Blame the lack of ravens at Ironrath (glares @ Elissa).

Now you've got me curious as to what your prediction is : )

Krapinka posted: »

It disturbs me how they say "was" about Clint. They didn't kill him off-screen despite promising not to, did they? Plz tell me I'm wrong, I

• Thank you for keeping me in suspense. :)

When I saw you say you didn't want him to die yesterday I wanted to say you shouldn't underestimate him ; )

• edited October 2016

Part 3.84

The man himself, and his entourage.

• enter image description here

Part 3.84 The man himself, and his entourage.

• "You check 'em out, I'll go do the thing and then come back."

So there's evidence there that they were already warned about something happening. I don't want to spoil it all, though, so I'll leave the explaining to the upcoming posts.

Wow, so that was a hint? Quite a subtle one, tbh, although it doesn't make it a bad one. When reading that, I honestly just assumed Todd needed to go take a leak :ь Silly me.

Now you've got me curious as to what your prediction is : )

With this new information given, I highly doubt my prediction is true, lol. It's basically about Gared & Co showing up at Highpoint, bc battle for Ironrath happened a couple days before & they had the time needed to reach it. Kind of an unexpected twist. I was also thinking about some stuff regarding other characters in that outcome, but that's just too crazy to voice... Though I'll really have to wait & see. I assume, Gared just wouldn't have the time to get to Highpoint by the time night fell, even if all Ironrath issues were resolved before the day was over?

Hoo boy, you give me a lot to discuss. Not a bad thing; I enjoy it a lot. It's fun to look back and see a well thought-out reaction in full

• Shit's gonna go down! I want to see Rodrik just lose his shit.

I'm questioning why Torrhen would allow Greta to be in the room.

Love the new pic btw :p

• I'm questioning why Torrhen would allow Greta to be in the room.

To get a good answer I asked @littlehandmaiden who made Greta. She said that Greta doesn't really like having him out of her sight (particularly in a scenario such as this). From Torrhen's perspective it's also to fuck with Rodrik and co by showing them the people they want to kill.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Shit's gonna go down! I want to see Rodrik just lose his shit. I'm questioning why Torrhen would allow Greta to be in the room. Love the new pic btw

• (Jsyk, Badge, I've noticed your new profile puc & it's my favorite one so far, jsyk.)

Well, this was... Simpler than I thought. Torrhen is a strategic mastermind after all, so I should've guessed that. I have to admit, my assumption was Aaren sending them a raven, just for Ebbert's sake, but it was really far-fetched, so I'm not surprised I was wrong. And I was kinda weirded out by Greta's presence as well, but, on the other hand, Torr would prolly want her nearby in case of an attack like this one, just so he'd be able to personally protect her, no matter what. Her being there is kinda encouraging — I wonder how violent can Torrhen allow himself to be for her to see. Kinda sorta hoping he'll restrain himself more with her around.

His last words are honestly worrying me though, speaking of which, the Thornton subplot is v important for me & will probably get at least a bit of attention now. Is it safe to assume Myles have switched sides & that's why Torrhen says he pities Eddard? Goddamit, I'm so nervous about this whole thing for some reason. Really hope we'll get answers soon :Ь

• edited October 2016

(Jsyk, Badge, I've noticed your new profile puc & it's my favorite one so far, jsyk.)

It's good, eh? Almost as good as Talia's drawing of Ramsay:

enter image description here

Well, this was... Simpler than I thought. Torrhen is a strategic mastermind after all, so I should've guessed that.

I'll admit it seems kind of hand-wavey in the post, but it makes a lot of sense when you go through it all in order:

• Torrhen knew that Glenmores were in the wolfswood from the arrow that killed Grag.
    • He also knew that Talia had escaped Ironrath.
    • He also knew that the Glenmores and Greysons were cousins, as well as the Greysons being Forrester allies, so already had a hunch both the Glenmores and Talia would be there.
    • He wanted to make them feel safer than they were, so he sent the Elites to multiple keeps without telling them he thought/knew they were at Timberwatch. By making it seem he was searching multiple keeps for them, it made them feel like he didn't have his eye kept firmly on Timberwatch.
    • He assumes they'll attack when his defense is weakened - when his army is away from home at Winterfell - so he orders the rest of his men not to return until after his army has. By doing this, he can easily spot Rodrik's attack as they'll be the only group of 'soldiers' that arrive at Highpoint.
    • He tells Clint and Todd to mind the gate, but Todd also rushes in and gives him a signal each time someone shows up at the gate. Todd also tried to trick Errold to make sure they weren't a threat, but it sort of backfired.

This whole plan made the Forrester/Greyson/Glenmore squad (hereafter known as the BOTW (brothers of the wolfswood)) overconfident, and made them think he knew far less than he actually did. He lulled them into a false sense of security, and everything went according to plan.

The BOTW also has to blame their aggressive nature for this. Rodrik and Ned in particular were blinded by anger and determination, so much so that they got tunnel vision and could only focus on killing Whitehills... and they forgot to keep their eye on everything else.

I have to admit, my assumption was Aaren sending them a raven, just for Ebbert's sake, but it was really far-fetched, so I'm not surprised I was wrong.

You'll find out the missing piece of the puzzle tomorrow. You're on the right track, though. I'm sure people will think Ebbert sent a raven prior to arguing with Rodrik, but that might not be true...

His last words are honestly worrying me though, speaking of which, the Thornton subplot is v important for me & will probably get at least a bit of attention now. Is it safe to assume Myles have switched sides & that's why Torrhen says he pities Eddard? Goddamit, I'm so nervous about this whole thing for some reason. Really hope we'll get answers soon :Ь

Tomorrow you'll find out the missing piece of that puzzle too. I don't think anyone will see it coming if they haven't already, but it'll make so much sense when it's all put together.

(Jsyk, Badge, I've noticed your new profile puc & it's my favorite one so far, jsyk.) Well, this was... Simpler than I thought. Torrh

• Part 3.85

Revelations ahoy!!

Hopefully these plot twists won't seem like ass pulls - they've been planned for a loooong time.

• edited October 2016

So that means he's Myles Snow?

Also, the last thing that Torrhen said will probably reveal a lot about Gregor i'm guessing

Part 3.85 Revelations ahoy!! Hopefully these plot twists won't seem like ass pulls - they've been planned for a loooong time.

• So that means he's Myles Snow?

Technically you only get that name if you're acknowledged as a bastard (i.e Jon was acknowledged by Ned, Josera and Elsera were acknowledged by Gregor), so because Myles was passed off as a trueborn, his name is legally Myles Thornton.

Also, the last thing that Torrhen said will probably reveal a lot about Gregor i'm guessing

He was just joking about how Rodrik so quickly passed off a chance for an agreement by using Ludd as an excuse. Not to say we won't find out anything new about Gregor at some point down the line.

• Karl's bastard? Didn't see that coming. Torrhen's making everyone look like drunk fools!

Part 3.85 Revelations ahoy!! Hopefully these plot twists won't seem like ass pulls - they've been planned for a loooong time.

• Okay, so, skipping the part where I want to rip Torrhen's throat out for getting such an obvious kick out if this, the plot twist frigging ROCKS. I've always fancied the idea of Karl leaving some non-shitty legacy in form of a bastard child & even wanted to make a bastard daughter OC of his at one point. Anyway, as great as this is, it arises so much more questions. Will Eddard even want Myles back after finding this out? If he does, it'd make sense for Torrhen to let him decide which family he prefers, since I don't feel like he'd force him into anything... And something gives me the feeling, that Myles wouldn't be so eager to come back home, since the plot is obviously going in the direction of him deciding to stay at Highpoint. Obviously, this'll only happen if Torrhen doesn't just kill Eddard, but then it'd prolly be quite a hard thing to explain to his newfound nephew? Unless he doesn't care about his father at all, of course. I wish I knew what kind of relationship he & Eddard have instead of assuming.

One more thing is Torrhen revealing what Davyn did so openly (bonus points to Davyn, btw, he obviously did what was right). It'd be unwise to do so in front of people you're planning to let go, since they might want revenge on lord Bole... Which leads me to an assumption, that he doesn't actually plan to let them live. Maybe I was putting too much faith in Greta as a restraining factor after all D:

• Okay, so, skipping the part where I want to rip Torrhen's throat out for getting such an obvious kick out if this

Is it really so bad to get a kick out of exposing someone who wants to murder your children? Haha

I've always fancied the idea of Karl leaving some non-shitty legacy in form of a bastard child & even wanted to make a bastard daughter OC of his at one point.

To be honest a bastard daughter could still be on the cards if you wanted to make one. Karl was a piece of shit who was with a lot of women so I doubt Myles was his first or last hellspawn.

Will Eddard even want Myles back after finding this out?

Eddard already knew who the father was, Isabel probably told him considering their marriage was based on lies, so he had to know what he was getting into. Sounds kind of an ass pull in hindsight but I always wrote the plot with the intention of Ned already knowing that Myles was not only his, but that he was Karl's.

That said, Torrhen initially thought Myles was his because he had a fling with Isabel in his teenage years, but he worked out Myles was Karl's because he has Karl's cold, dead stare. The same stare that freaked out Lady W back in the day.

I wish I knew what kind of relationship he & Eddard have instead of assuming.

It suggests here that Ned is a very strict father and Myles prefers Torrhen as a father figure. Torrhen's relationship with him is sincere, too, as he's family.

One more thing is Torrhen revealing what Davyn did so openly (bonus points to Davyn, btw, he obviously did what was right). It'd be unwise to do so in front of people you're planning to let go, since they might want revenge on lord Bole... Which leads me to an assumption, that he doesn't actually plan to let them live.

The Boles are under Whitehill garrison and protection, so if they did want revenge on Davyn they'd have to go through the Whitehills.

Okay, so, skipping the part where I want to rip Torrhen's throat out for getting such an obvious kick out if this, the plot twist frigging R

• Is it really so bad to get a kick out of exposing someone who wants to murder your children? Haha

Because, the way Eddard views it, his own son & cousin are held as hostages by him. I doubt Torrhen would be much nicer to someone who'd imprison his family, although not sure if he'd actually sink as low as to murder children if it wasn't necessary, though, again, so far we haven't witnessed what he can become when Greta or kids are in serious danger.

To be honest a bastard daughter could still be on the cards if you wanted to make one.

You know, it's actually real nice of you to say this, no irony intended, cuz I always feel insecure as hell about bringing new characters in the fandom. Anyway though, I've long dropped the idea of that OC, & later her character was altered & shifted into the position of Gryff's future daughter (dunno if I've mentioned it to you, but I have ideas for Gryff's future kids, kinda like agokaf, altho there is some, well, problematic stuff regarding them, which makes me unsure of whether I should share those or not).

Eddard already knew who the father was

Well shit, I didn't expect that, as Eddard didn't strike me as someone who'd care about someone else's child as his own. It also makes the revelation a bit less dramatic — him being told that if he was oblivious before would've made for a more shocking situation. Means Torr probably just wanted to humiliate him, plus Myles probably already knows too.

he worked out Myles was Karl's because he has Karl's cold, dead stare.

Huh, for real? Never noticed anything cold or dead about Myles, if anything, he seems like a lively kid to me. U sure you're not just pulling points outta ur arse again, Torrhen? :]

It suggests here that Ned is a very strict father and Myles prefers Torrhen as a father figure. Torrhen's relationship with him is sincere, too, as he's family.

Strict parent does not equal abusive, indifferent or generally bad parent. This situation looks to me like the "grandmother lets you eat all the sweets you want & play videogames all day long, while mom & dad want you to do homework & go to bed on time" kind of stuff. I think, a lot of people had that person in their childhood, that'd spoil them shamelessly & make their parents look like literal tyrants in comparison. Didn't make most of us abandon our original family for them. Ngl, if Myles chooses the Whitehills solely for that reason, I'll be... Surprised, putting it mildly. Eddard does seem to care about him, & nothing points towards him being abusive or something for me so far.

Okay, so, skipping the part where I want to rip Torrhen's throat out for getting such an obvious kick out if this Is it really so ba

• I never really thought of Ned being a super terrible father either. He strikes me as a person who has difficulty showing emotion. Greta actually considered him her favorite cousin when she still visited Stillport as a younger girl. He was very kind and protective of her, treating her like a kid sister.

Ned grew up with a younger brother who was well liked and popular with the town. This definitely would cause a lot of feelings of resentments and inadequacy, but he still wasn't terrible to Gyles. Ned even named Myles in his brother's honor. The whole thing with Isabel and Karl was probably hard for him to deal with, but he never treated Myles like he was lesser. He was treated like his son. His behavior ever since he was introduced has been caused because of Myles being taken away as well as grief and guilt at Stillport and his family's ruin.

In terms of Myles: he's 13. A kid. His father was a strict parent, but that's just Ned. He's strict because he cares. That sort of thing may be too nuanced for a kid to understand. Also, Myles has been treated like absolute shit by the Warricks the past three or so months. Highpoint probably feels like a godsend after that experience. And Torrhen is notoriously soft on kids - and since this is Karl's son (the man Torrhen idolizes in a way), it makes sense that he'd treat Myles very nicely.

But yeah, Ned isn't an abusive dad. At least I don't think he is. He's just someone who lacks warmth, which isn't a crime.

Is it really so bad to get a kick out of exposing someone who wants to murder your children? Haha Because, the way Eddard views it,

• edited October 2016

I doubt Torrhen would be much nicer to someone who'd imprison his family, although not sure if he'd actually sink as low as to murder children if it wasn't necessary.

Torrhen takes the Knight's code extremely seriously -- to a fault. He doesn't harm women or children under any circumstances, and isn't too happy when people do. For example, Boros making demands about Lyarra. And how did you think Brandon got that bruise on his face after the Rillwater attack? :]

A bit ironic considering how his whole deal with what he said about Kyra started the whole thing, but I passed that off as a joke in today's post. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't have Torrhen's personality 100% down an entire year ago.

(dunno if I've mentioned it to you, but I have ideas for Gryff's future kids, kinda like agokaf, altho there is some, well, problematic stuff regarding them, which makes me unsure of whether I should share those or not).

You can always direct message me on one of my blogs or something if you're not comfortable with posting it publicly, but you've got me all curious now haha.

Well shit, I didn't expect that, as Eddard didn't strike me as someone who'd care about someone else's child as his own.

I suppose it's what people do when they can't have kids of their own - they adopt.

It also makes the revelation a bit less dramatic — him being told that if he was oblivious before would've made for a more shocking situation. Means Torr probably just wanted to humiliate him, plus Myles probably already knows too.

It's intended to be dramatic for Rodrik and by extension the reader more than Ned. Y'know, if Ned's lied about his son's parentage, maybe he's lied about other things? Classic Torrhen, trying to demoralise the enemy.

Huh, for real? Never noticed anything cold or dead about Myles, if anything, he seems like a lively kid to me. U sure you're not just pulling points outta ur arse again, Torrhen? :]

It was an offhand comment from Torrhen, so let's just say it hasn't happened onscreen yet. Next time I make a scene with him in it I'll be sure to include the glare.

Strict parent does not equal abusive, indifferent or generally bad parent.

Oh, trust me, I didn't mean that at all, and @littlehandmaiden nailed the analysis of Ned's character (and better than I could as usual haha). I actually agree entirely with the sentiment about Myles being spoiled. It's kind of pitiful how far Torrhen is going to get Karl to like him, because he's family and there's that part of Karl in him. Torrhen hasn't just spoiled Myles, though - he's also trained him to fight, which Ned neglected to do.

Is it really so bad to get a kick out of exposing someone who wants to murder your children? Haha Because, the way Eddard views it,

• edited October 2016

Thought I'd note some interesting updates on the wiki:

Today I added two characters from the original game, Bowen and Thermund, and expanded on their backstories.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Bowen hails from House Greyson and is a third cousin of the main line (Hugar, Aaren etc.), while Thermund is a Mason and has an unknown relation to the main line.

EDIT: Also added Norren, who comes from the lands around House Brownbarrow's keep.

Should I post here each time I add an interesting page to the wiki?

• Go for it! :)

Thought I'd note some interesting updates on the wiki: Today I added two characters from the original game, Bowen and Thermund, and expan

• Greta actually considered him her favorite cousin when she still visited Stillport as a younger girl. He was very kind and protective of her, treating her like a kid sister.

This definitely would cause a lot of feelings of resentments and inadequacy, but he still wasn't terrible to Gyles. Ned even named Myles in his brother's honor.

he never treated Myles like he was lesser. He was treated like his son.

Ughhh ;— ;

You don't need to do this to me, Cass, y'kno? You don't have to give me more reasons to cry over this jerk. You don't need to make me love him even more (you do, actually), I mean, I already love too many "antagonists" (never enough tho)? I swear, if anyone kills him now, I'm gonna literally eat the bastard alive >:( Pls, don't hurt my Thornton son, ppl, & don't let Myles just abandon him ;— ;

I never really thought of Ned being a super terrible father either. He strikes me as a person who has difficulty showing emotion. Greta actu

• edited October 2016

A bit ironic considering how his whole deal with what he said about Kyra started the whole thing, but I passed that off as a joke in today's post. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't have Torrhen's personality 100% down an entire year ago.

I mean, I've always considered that to be if not a joke, then a completely empty threat? Literally nothing pointed towards Torrhen actually doing that. I kinda sorta blame Namond for attacking him & causing all the following events, bc Torrhen didn't give him nearly enough reasons to do that.

You can always direct message me on one of my blogs or something if you're not comfortable with posting it publicly, but you've got me all curious now haha.

I'm more okay with sharing this here than on tumblr, bc there are less people from there on the forum, so sIT DOWN BADGER, this is a long story & u brought this on urself.

Y'see, nearly a year ago (at least it feels that way, I'm no good with time) me & sxmethingtoprxve were discussing Gryff's future kids & she mentioned thinking that Gryff could name one of his kids Harold, in honor of ser Harold (an important mentor figure for my interpretation of Harys). Needless to say, I friggin clung to the idea, bc yes? Harys would tell Gryff so much about the man, that he could end up thinking of him as a hero of sorts & wanna name his son that? Then, while thinking up the kids' characters & picking names, I ended up naming the firstborn son Harold, & the name became strongly associated with him, to the point where I couldn't imagine naming him otherwise. I honestly don't remember if it happened before or after Harrold Forrester was presented to the public — I just stumbled upon him on the wiki one day, & realized that I fucked the fucking fuck up 8D

Now I'm kinda at a loss of what to do, dunno if I should try & rename him & see if a new name works, or if the coincidence of Rod & Gryff giving their firstborns the same name is even possible & not too ridiculous. That's kinda the whole story. If all of this makes sense???? XD

Y'know, if Ned's lied about his son's parentage, maybe he's lied about other things? Classic Torrhen, trying to demoralise the enemy.

Gotta love a good manipulation, Torr, but I seriously doubt this one is gonna work. Rodrik hardly gives a shit about this kind of thing rn — as long as his allies help him fight the Whitehills, he couldn't care less about what else they do, at least so I think. I mean, the guy is already up for infanticide? Some skeletons in the drawers of other people are hardly a bother at this point.

Speaking of which... You know, it'd actually be quite interesting if Rod got a chance to do what he came here to do. Not that I want any harm to come to Greta or Whitehill kids, but this interests me in a "what if", character development kind of way. Have Rodrik stand over a cradle with newborn Karl in it & his sword bared. Have him see Greta clutch Ros to her chest, see the fear in their eyes. What would it do to him? What choice would he make?

That'd be a powerful moment.

I actually agree entirely with the sentiment about Myles being spoiled. It's kind of pitiful how far Torrhen is going to get Karl to like him, because he's family and there's that part of Karl in him. Torrhen hasn't just spoiled Myles, though - he's also trained him to fight, which Ned neglected to do.

It's quite an important point of Torrhen's character, I think. His admiration for his brother stretching to his son he only knows for a month or so, it really shows how oblivious he still is about the real Karl & how important the other was for him. That's actually sad, how desperate Torr was for a guardian figure, making him an easy target for his manipulation.

& yes, I realize Torrhen doesn't just spoil him, & yet — that's not enough to replace a father who's been raising him for years, Myles can't possibly already mean as much for him as he does for Eddard. I'll wait & see how things go, but, well, you know who I'm rooting for in this situation.

I doubt Torrhen would be much nicer to someone who'd imprison his family, although not sure if he'd actually sink as low as to murder childr

• edited October 2016

I honestly don't think Myles would abandon him or his actual
    family if given the chance, but that's just my opinion. His grandfather basically lost his arm trying to prevent the Warricks from taking him away as collateral. His uncles and aunt aren't cruel people either. The Thornton's are just a normal family, really. Like I said, Myles is happy to be at Highpoint because it's safe after all the horrible things he experienced (his great-grandmother being killed, grandfather being injured, the Warrick's relentless abuse). If given the chance to return to his family at Stillport - his mom and dad - I think he'd go. But we will have to see where the story takes us and if this particular plot point comes up.

Greta actually considered him her favorite cousin when she still visited Stillport as a younger girl. He was very kind and protective of her

• edited October 2016

I think it's good to remember in this narrative we (is it ok to say WE haha) are trying to make things as grey as we can as the first season of Thrones set things up as being a bit black and white.

The good guys have flaws, but they also have some noble, heroic traits about them too. Likewise, the bad guys have admirable traits too, but they've also done not so nice things. No one is a flawless individual in this. No one is RIGHT. Both parties are trying to kill off the other for their own reasons. Are they good reasons? I don't know. That's subjective, I think.

The AU is attempting to give everyone human motivations and flaws, and I hope
    It's succeeding in this endeavor.

• Part 3.86

That's the end of this scene, because I'm an arsehole. There's still some stuff I want to get to before this fight, as it's the pivotal battle of the AU.

Tomorrow we'll see what Talia's up to.

• I don't think I could word this any better. I want to make everyone ultimately human and multi-faceted, and you explained that perfectly.

Also I'm 100% cool with "We" haha, as I said on Skype without you I'd have no one keeping the plot in line.

I think it's good to remember in this narrative we (is it ok to say WE haha) are trying to make things as grey as we can as the first season

• Ok, I know I'm a little fearful of what Torrhen is capable of but, I really can't take him to seriously sometimes. He's kinda got puffy cheeks that just make him look so cute. ^.^

Part 3.86 That's the end of this scene, because I'm an arsehole. There's still some stuff I want to get to before this fight, as it's the pivotal battle of the AU. Tomorrow we'll see what Talia's up to.

• Part 3.87

Welcome to the worllllld of paiiintinnnnngs!

• Wow. That's quite the memorial they've got.

Gryff just can't catch a break anywhere, can he?

Part 3.87 Welcome to the worllllld of paiiintinnnnngs!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.