Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• Part 3.118

Stabby stabby!

Gryff's really not very perceptive right now.

• Ryon, ninja, stab? Gryff I know you only have one working eye but come on.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 3.118 Stabby stabby! Gryff's really not very perceptive right now.

• Part 3.119

Find that chapter title, and take it literally.

• enter image description here

...Ryon?

Part 3.119 Find that chapter title, and take it literally.

• Ryon dies yayyyy. This is great! (I'm joking, I'm joking).

...Ryon?

• How convenient.

• It seems like you never like anything that happens. Do you read this purely to torture yourself? You some sort of masochist?

How convenient.

• NO! Please don't be dead.

• It seems you're over-reacting to what was a simple criticism. Plus this is maybe the second time I've vocally said I dislike something in your work. You on the other hand swoop down on every single of my comments that you disagree with. Insecure much?

It seems like you never like anything that happens. Do you read this purely to torture yourself? You some sort of masochist?

• edited December 2016

My God, I'm not a doctor or something but after falling from such a height there can be only two versions of events - either both Ryon and Gryff are dead or only Gryff is dead (it seems that he hit his temple) and Ryon is alive. But what will happen if the boy survives? it seems that Ryon hit his back, so I'm afraid it'll be very difficult to stand up for him. I'm afraid for the boy.

• edited December 2016

This is like the first time I've responded to you, maybe the second. And from what I've seen every single one of your comments has been negative, so I'm just confused as to why you're still reading it? Besides, your 'criticism' is hardly helpful, it just amounts to 'this bad' and nothing constructive.

It seems you're over-reacting to what was a simple criticism. Plus this is maybe the second time I've vocally said I dislike something in yo

• Can you explain what you mean in the word "convenient"? I just can't understand is it like a sort of irony or something...

How convenient.

• I CALLED IT

• edited December 2016

I guess you've got a short memory then. I was one of the not so many people that praised your work when it first started and supported you countless times through and through. I used to wake up every day, excited what new chapter of the story you've cooked up. I still am. But that doesn't mean it's perfect. It's full of cliches and inconsistencies, boring characters and cheap deaths, recycled choices and it whole feels like it has no solid beginning or a middle and since the end is about to come any day (I assume) I can say the same about it. You've clearly made it clear which side of the Whitehill-Forrester conflict you're on with all this demonizing of the Forresters just so they could close the gap between theirs and Whitehills' crimes. Now I'm not going to continue with these negatives (don't want to damage your ego) and I never plan to comment here again. I will read the rest of this and maybe I'll see I'm wrong. Maybe not. It has been and interesting experience.

This is like the first time I've responded to you, maybe the second. And from what I've seen every single one of your comments has been nega

• This is a still slide project with barely any room to meet your hopes or expectations, besides that, he doesn't want to even be working on this, he just has an urge to finish it. So yeah, it's going to be understandably half assed.
    You should be praising his work, noone else would do better in this platform.

I guess you've got a short memory then. I was one of the not so many people that praised your work when it first started and supported you c

• Fully agreed.

vahak11 posted: »

This is a still slide project with barely any room to meet your hopes or expectations, besides that, he doesn't want to even be working on t

• Part 3.120

Here's the part I was supposed to post yesterday but didn't have it in me to do so.

Fuck the haters, I honestly do not give a shit any more.

• The snowborn! That's so cool and they look really cool, they're just cool...

I remember finding out a while ago that that family had A LOT of bastards. Completely forgot they were from the Ashwood's though.

Also I noticed you've gotten a few assholes anons on your tumblr. (Might all be the same person) Sorry you have to deal with that crap. I'm guessing it can be really stressful and frustrating.

Part 3.120 Here's the part I was supposed to post yesterday but didn't have it in me to do so. Fuck the haters, I honestly do not give a shit any more.

• "and I never plan to comment here again"

enter image description here

I guess you've got a short memory then. I was one of the not so many people that praised your work when it first started and supported you c

• They look so badass

Part 3.120 Here's the part I was supposed to post yesterday but didn't have it in me to do so. Fuck the haters, I honestly do not give a shit any more.

• My God, this is great!! I always wondered if the Snowborn were to present))

• Fuck the haters, I honestly do not give a shit any more.

Why are they hating on this series? This is like your best work yet!

• Well now I see that would ruin all the fun. Thanks for making me stay.

"and I never plan to comment here again"

• edited December 2016

I question to ask. Why would you stay if you don't like the characters and choices also including that you said it is full of inconsistencies. The characters are a HUGE part of the AU. You said it yourself that the characters are boring. Why stay when you said this : "It's full of cliches and inconsistencies, boring characters and cheap deaths, recycled choices and it whole feels like it has no solid beginning or a middle and since the end is about to come any day (I assume) I can say the same about it." You might as well just stop reading it then.

Well now I see that would ruin all the fun. Thanks for making me stay.

So does that mean you are gonna troll? Because that's what it sounds like.

Well now I see that would ruin all the fun. Thanks for making me stay.

• edited December 2016

Because what I said doesn't apply to everything in the AU. Just some of it. The creator said my criticism wasn't helpful or constructive, I said what I didn't like and that's all. If he didn't make a fuss out of my "How convenient" comment, you know - said something like "Might want to wait and see " or "Maybe you'll be surprised" instead of calling me a masochist, I would spare everyone including myself the tantrum. When he also says that everything I ever said is negative and not helpful (which isn't true, guess he didn't have time to go back a few posts) I might as well hit back. I'm staying for two reasons: I actually want to see where this story goes, and I would obviously be missed by folks like littlehandmaiden.

Edit to reply to the edit

So does that mean you are gonna troll? Because that's what it sounds like.

Nah, I'm not the guy who gets a kick out of wasting everyone's time. Not on these forums anyway... To speak the truth? I think littlehandmaiden used reverse-psychology on me in order to make me stay. And I am grateful for that.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I question to ask. Why would you stay if you don't like the characters and choices also including that you said it is full of inconsistencie

• So, is Ryon dead then?

• No, he is comatose, if my English is correct.

So, is Ryon dead then?

• Sorry to interrupt you, but could you just stop this, ok? You think you are a critic, don't you? If you have some good ideas, so go on then, make you own AU... Well, I don't think any of you should quarrel. This just doesn't make one's life happier.

Because what I said doesn't apply to everything in the AU. Just some of it. The creator said my criticism wasn't helpful or constructive, I

• Look... I apologise if I offended you, but you have to understand my response about being a "masochist" and stuff came from weeks if not months of seeing blunt responses that weren't very helpful by any means. It's been a very slow-burn thing, for me to respond to your posts.

Criticism is fine, but you have to actually tell me what I can do to improve instead of one-word responses like 'convenient' or ':D' or it just... won't. Does it not make sense to wonder why someone is still reading something if everything they've said about it in recent times seems to be negative?

I'm sorry if I didn't recall any of your positive messages, but that's because it feels like there haven't been any from you in a long while. I acknowledge that you said some nice things about ten pages into this thread, but I haven't seen anything aside from blunt responses for quite a while now.

I get the sense you're expecting something on par with Telltale quality. I'll be the first to admit I can't do that, I'm one person. Plus, it's just meant to be fun. The reason it has no concrete beginning, middle or end is because I just started making the story for fun for me and my friends to mess about with. I didn't have any intention of it getting to the scale it did, and now I'm kind of stuck with making it like this or it'll just become another project I never end up finishing.

It's just for fun, man, I don't need these bad vibes.

Because what I said doesn't apply to everything in the AU. Just some of it. The creator said my criticism wasn't helpful or constructive, I

• edited December 2016

You didn't offend me. I just felt it was unfair. I haven't been THAT critical. That's cause I'm not a critic. I'm a fan and I just write what I feel. I think you've got far more experience with this anyway. Next time I'll say something about something I didn't like in a meaningful way, so that my feedback would be clear. Sorry for what it's worth, but I still believe in everything I wrote. Won't add to the drama further.

Look... I apologise if I offended you, but you have to understand my response about being a "masochist" and stuff came from weeks if not mon

• Oh , these lads are gonna have some fun with this one-eyed Whitehill.

Try not to stress about the haters. They're probably wanting attention from you. Best not to give them any.

• Let's not do this dance with the callouts? It's just going to cause more bad vibes, and besides - littlehandmaiden is a very close friend of mine who wanted to defend me when things were a bit more... vile.

I'm glad we could reach a kind of understanding, though.

You didn't offend me. I just felt it was unfair. I haven't been THAT critical. That's cause I'm not a critic. I'm a fan and I just write wha

• One o' the snowbros says Ryon's still breathing, but there's no telling what sort of condition he's in.

So, is Ryon dead then?

• Yeah I was acting needlessly nasty and stupid like always and I'm sorry. Hopefully I'll no longer be a problem for either of you guys soon. I should've kept my mouth shut, i realize that now.

Let's not do this dance with the callouts? It's just going to cause more bad vibes, and besides - littlehandmaiden is a very close friend of

• So, although I am kinda late with commenting the last chapter, I still feel like I gotta do it, because my son plays a big role here & everything that's happened has bombarded me with the strongest feels. Gryff's plotline was nothing like what I imagined it would be, all the plot twists came as a surprise, including the very last one. Yup, I assumed that house Ashwood would be Gryff's downfall, but sorta just expected Remus to aid Gared in executing him or something. However, this makes even more sense — & it actually made me realize how stupid I've been this whole time xD Hear me out, I truly didn't see what was lying right on the surface. For a long time, I've been theorizing, that Torrhen, after making truce with Rod, would offer a gesture of good will, in form of Gryff's head, which Forresters would undoubtedly accept. What I completely forgot about is that it literally has been done already. But it wasn't Torrhen who did it — it was Gwyn, warning the Ashwoods about what was going on & basically selling Gryff out to them. It's just — my theory was true, but the characters involved were different. Dunno how I managed to overlook it, but it makes so much sense now.

I don't want to loose hope so soon, but Gryff is basically dead at this point, by obvious reasons. Congrats, Rodrik & Torrhen, you guys are more than likely to get your way with this one, so that nothing stands in the way of an ending, that will benefit you both. I had two theories about how Gryff was gonna die, the first one — him taking Ryon hostage, maybe hurting him in the process, to then be rightfully murdered by Gared, making for a satisfying scene everyone would enjoy. This would kinda reflect the chapter's name, "How far you've fallen" — showing that Gryff has fallen far enough to hurt a kid. Didn't really happen, & I can't say I'm upset — you did a great job with Ryon here, giving him a lot of character, action & allowing him to contribute to the plot. That was a much better use of him than just going back to the "kid that needs to be saved" role, since he has obviously grown out of it by now.

Second theory — one I do have some faith in still — is Gryff becoming determinant, the players voting to execute or spare him. Since Snowborns will most likely drag him to Ironrath with them, that'd make most sense (it's worth noting, that I am sortaaa not on their side — the marriage proposal was a lie in the first place, meaning to stab Gryff in the back later; imprisonment seems like a bearable punishment for this to me). Of course, in that case Gryff would be sentenced, as I can't see my one vote for sparing him outweighing several dozens people who'll want him flayed. He may also be used in a blood magic ritual — to cure Ryon, or, perhaps, finally putting Gerhard Forrester's spirit to rest? I do anticipate some more blood magic being needed quite soon.

To conclude this, there is one more theory of mine regarding Gryff, one I've had for the longest time, my very first theory about the AU as whole — him going 100% mad after loosing everything, through a severe breakdown he'll never quite recover from. The original theory includes it happening after the revelation of Harys's betrayal to him — one more thing I try to not loose hope for. & btw, Harys's fate for me is as clear as day — being executed for killing two Forresters. If that doesn't happen, it'll honestly be the biggest shock I've experienced throughout this story.

• Part 3.121

Choice poll

S'about bloody time there was a choice. This won't have a terrible amount of impact to the plot, but I felt like you guys should get to do something.

• I shit you not, I thought that guy was going to climb out of that portrait. It looks so real! :D

Lie, be all clever like Mira.

Part 3.121 Choice poll S'about bloody time there was a choice. This won't have a terrible amount of impact to the plot, but I felt like you guys should get to do something.

• Well, honesty is the best policy. I vote for Talia to tell Myles the truth.

Part 3.121 Choice poll S'about bloody time there was a choice. This won't have a terrible amount of impact to the plot, but I felt like you guys should get to do something.

• By now it seems pretty obvious which choice has won, & well, I've made the unpopular one once again :ь Nothing new, honestly, it happened all the time in the original game as well. Reasons are pretty simple — although Myles is a nice kid & all, I kiiindaaa don't trust him & don't expect him to side with us when the truth's revealed. He seems pretty content where he is now, & although news of his father being here too might make him waver, I have a hunch that he won't choose Ned after finding out what he intents to do to Greta. I hope he can change his father's mind, but if he can't, well, him siding with Torrhen is kind of a given.

For that to happen, however, he & Talia would need to somehow get to where Ned & Greta are now, & I honestly don't know how likely that is. Talia's still searching for Lyarra (although so far she's just sorta stumbling on the wrong people again & again xD) & her & Ostyn's long absence is starting to grow worrying. Hopefully, they just met Ros & are all chilling in her room, enjoying the company of this world's best Whitehill... Another option is that they got captured & will soon be used as hostages D:

• Part 3.122

Myles trying to be edgy like his dad and failing painfully.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.