Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• Poor Talia.

Somebody give the poor girl a hug, please.
    enter image description here

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 1.127 Trauma is one hell of a drug.

• Ouch. Feels aside I liked seeing the aftermath of Ethan's death.

I think I spotted butt mo-- I mean Derrock! :p

Part 1.127 Trauma is one hell of a drug.

• I think I spotted butt mo-- I mean Derrock! :p

Yep, Derrock and Grag are the two soldiers.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Ouch. Feels aside I liked seeing the aftermath of Ethan's death. I think I spotted butt mo-- I mean Derrock!

• Here's a quick poll about House Morgryn's location.

as in, where was the house born - not where its seat is right now. I imagine Morgryn Manse is in the reach.

• Part 3.128

Hugar is the nicest guy on earth. His cousin has just died and he's making sure everyone else is okay first.

• Woah there, no murder please!

Part 3.128 Hugar is the nicest guy on earth. His cousin has just died and he's making sure everyone else is okay first.

• House Pyne looks really interesting. Crossing my fingers for an appearance from Genna!

So, uh, anyone remember Genna Forrester? Gregor's half-sister from the vision sequence of Ironrath long ago, early in part 3: She's s

• I just want to say to you continue to impress me with this story. The lighting, the angles and raw emotion in the characters faces...
    It's like watching a second season of Telltale's Game of Thrones! I can hear the voices inside my head like Gryff cursing at Ryon or Rodrik screaming at Torrhen. (What does he sound like to you btw?) Lyarra's death hit me in the gut, did not see that one coming!
    This is insanely good and I'm loving every minute of it! I enjoy it so much in fact, that I'm not sure if I even want to know what happens in the second season from Telltale. This is my head canon now! You have expanded this world by adding more lore and obscure houses like the Warricks, (Whom I miss very much! What is happening at Warrick Bastion?) The addition of the Snowborn is also very exciting! Can't wait to see where this leads!

Part 3.128 Hugar is the nicest guy on earth. His cousin has just died and he's making sure everyone else is okay first.

• P.S. Please don't kill Hugar.

Andribuss posted: »

I just want to say to you continue to impress me with this story. The lighting, the angles and raw emotion in the characters faces... It's

• I don't think he takes requests to not kill off characters.

P.S. Please don't kill Hugar.

• edited December 2016

Hugar gets a lot of spotlight today in today's post, at least : )

P.S. Please don't kill Hugar.

• edited December 2016

Part 3.129

Hugar Greyson: What A Guy, He's Doing His Best.

• Hugar Greyson, you are truly a man of inspiration.

Wait... Did Talia bail on them in the middle of his speech?

Part 3.129 Hugar Greyson: What A Guy, He's Doing His Best.

• Yeah, she probably needed that speech.

Hugar Greyson, you are truly a man of inspiration. Wait... Did Talia bail on them in the middle of his speech?

• Hugar was surely a motivational speaker in another life.

Oh gosh, I am really worried about Talia now.

• I always knew I made the right choice by naming Hugar my favorite Greyson of all time. You've already said it for me, Badge — it's been seconds since he lost his cousin, & the man is making sure everyone, from a lady to a squire, is safe. And things he said — they make me want to break down & cry, I kid you not. What a great man ;—: Why can't more people be this noble & great. Hopefully, what he said will actually be significant later, & Janos (as well as Rickard) won't die, bc I crave more insight in his backstory & to learn what led to him giving up lordship & starting to drink & just generally becoming the sorrowful man he is. Not that I expect this to be revealed in the au, but I'm hella interested in the man, so maybe you could answer rhese questions?

I also love the way Talia's reaction to Lyarra's death was handled. To tell the truth, I was expecting anger, an immediate desire to avenge her — partially, due to so many previous losses, I thought her grief has sorta "burned out", making place for hatred. Apparently, I've underestimated just what a toll this had on her — a flashback to Ethan's death shows that perfectly. She seemed thoroughly devastated last time we saw her & I'm scared of even imagining what could happen to her next, now that she's alone in such state. There is a chance she's chasing after Boros to kill him (though lbr here, this is not going to work), but I'm more inclined to believe she is simply overwhelmed & panic-ridden & needs to hide & be alone. Perhaps she is going to meet Ros — I mean, c'mon, I refuse to believe Ros isn't going to play a part in this, not to mention that she is pure & meeting her is what any grieving person needs.

This chapter ends with a cliffhanger, & judging by the next one's name (as well as common logic), it is going to take place at Ironrath. This means I got plenty of stuff to do during the next few days — write out a proper eulogy for Gryff, stock up tissues, blankets & tranquilizers I'll need to survive it, queue a bunch of passive-aggressive posts about my son's fate, as well as fast & put up a prayer to the Seven every dawn, midday & sunset. To be honest, it worries me that we only have two chapters left & so many storylines aren't finished. I believe, next one is gonna conclude all Inronrath stuff, & the one after it — the rest of it, like all Highpoint's plotlines? Would make sense for these two to be quite big then, tbh. I just like to believe that the ending is going to be a satisfying one, & that doesn't necessarily stand for "happy" — for me, it means that as many characters as possible will get a closure, like, a direct clear answer to "what happened to that thug?", that only leaves so much for interpretation. Or, at least, if somebody doesn't get a closure like that, you, as creator will tell us how they're faring in the post-au timeline xD

• What a great man ;—: Why can't more people be this noble & great.

I feel like though people like Rodrik and Ned had drastic - nearly evil - intentions, Hugar proves there are still good people on the 'good' side of this battle (That said, I don't think there is a good side - It's just who's a protagonist and who's an antagonist. I think I could have just as easily presented the Whitehills as the protagonists).

Janos (as well as Rickard) won't die, bc I crave more insight in his backstory & to learn what led to him giving up lordship & starting to drink & just generally becoming the sorrowful man he is. Not that I expect this to be revealed in the au, but I'm hella interested in the man, so maybe you could answer rhese questions?

Janos was never actually a Lord, he was just Lady Ironsmith's brother. Their family rules are weird - if you're already occupied with a post in the house you're not allowed to become Lord - it's something to do with efficiency. Because Janos was captain of the Yellowcloaks (the Stillport guards) when his father died, his sister Mertha became Lady of the House. Her husband's identity is unknown, but it is likely he was of lower birth as their children kept the Ironsmith name. It's kind of like the Mormonts in that the kids took the mother's surname and the father is unidentified.

But yeah, at some point Janos turned to drink, ended up disgraced and left Stillport, eventually finding a post at Highpoint and sending word back to Stillport so that his wife and son could join him. I'm not sure what did turn him to the drink in the first place, but he was likely using it as a coping mechanism.

There is a chance she's chasing after Boros to kill him (though lbr here, this is not going to work), but I'm more inclined to believe she is simply overwhelmed & panic-ridden & needs to hide & be alone.

There's something to be said about how Talia was conveniently not present when Hugar told Ostyn not to seek revenge, but I don't want to go too far as it could go into spoiler territory. You've just got to think about her personality. We've seen in Season 1 and the AU that she has that fire in her from the Branfield side (or maybe her paternal great-great grandmother who was a Warrick bastard), so you've gotta take it from there - "What would Talia do?"

To be honest, it worries me that we only have two chapters left & so many storylines aren't finished.

I only put up chapters on the wiki when I've completely finished making the scene, and I'm currently about to start another one so that's at least three chapters left. You never know what might come after, either. I might have to write something out summing everything up that happens afterwards.

I just like to believe that the ending is going to be a satisfying one

God, I hope so too. I won't know until people react to it so I may have ROYALLY fucked up with what I have planned hahahaha... I suppose what happened to Lyarra went down as well as it possibly could have, so hopefully that's a sign of what people will think of the conclusion to Part Three.

as many characters as possible will get a closure, like, a direct clear answer to "what happened to that thug?", that only leaves so much for interpretation. Or, at least, if somebody doesn't get a closure like that, you, as creator will tell us how they're faring in the post-au timeline

Trust me, I'm very much a completionist. I wouldn't put it past myself to just do an entire write up of all 500+ characters in the AU and say what happened to each one of them lol.

Krapinka posted: »

I always knew I made the right choice by naming Hugar my favorite Greyson of all time. You've already said it for me, Badge — it's been seco

• Part 3.130

Back to Rodrik and Torrhen. This is a very one sided battle : O

• edited December 2016

I have a question. Who trained Torrhen to fight so bold? Also sorry that I ask many questions. I really want to know more about the AU.

Part 3.130 Back to Rodrik and Torrhen. This is a very one sided battle : O

• edited December 2016

Who trained Torrhen to fight so bold?

Arys taught him most of what he knew one-on-one, but Ludd also had a very unfair training regiment. As a child Torrhen was pitted against two boys, then three, then four as time went on, all older than him. Most of the time he'd lose, but eventually he began winning and Ludd would send in older boys to knock him down again. By the time he was in his teens Ludd was forcing him to fight grown men.

It was almost a pit fighter scenario, where Ludd was the master and Torrhen was the slave who had to fight for his amusement. In the end it made him the extremely capable fighter he was, though.

Also sorry that I ask many questions. I really want to know more about the AU.

Don't worry, I love answering questions. The only ones I don't answer is because I can't think of an answer, an answer would be spoilery or I forget to : )

Menofthe214 posted: »

I have a question. Who trained Torrhen to fight so bold? Also sorry that I ask many questions. I really want to know more about the AU.

• Part 3.131

That's gonna sting.

• Might not be clear, but Torrhen was going to just outright kill Rodrik here, but Rodrik twisted and let his arm bear the brunt of the attack.

If you've got nothing left to block with and you're not thinking straight, you're going to do anything to not die.

Also, foreshadowed long ago:

Part 3.131 That's gonna sting.

• Next Rodrik will lose an eye. How much is the man gonna suffer before he finally dies. But that's what I love about Rodrik, he's a survivor.

• Rodrik begging for Whitehill's mercy? wtf

• It was just instinct. He's still reacting to the injury, but if he'd been in his right mind he never would have said what he did.

JohnKersky posted: »

Rodrik begging for Whitehill's mercy? wtf

• so is that his fighting hand?

• Well, he does use a two handed sword so he might not be as completely fucked as Jaime Lannister was.

so is that his fighting hand?

• It's gonna do more than sting. It's gonna burn like all seven Hells combined!
    I think now would be a good time for someone to pull off a last second rescue for Rodrik.

• edited December 2016

Part 3.132

Torrhen's weakness unveiled.

• Oh my gosh! Shits getting real.

I really have to applaud you for that second image. It's really cool and scary. Ned's bloodied face and crazed expression along with Torrhen's daughter's (Sorry, I've forgotten her name) terrified expression really made the scene for me.

I didn't think much of him at first but I think I'm starting to like Ned. Obviously I'm hoping he doesn't kill the child but he's a pretty cool character.

Part 3.132 Torrhen's weakness unveiled.

• Part 3.133

No guts, no glory.

• Oh man... right when he was growing on me.

Part 3.133 No guts, no glory.

• Part 3.134

Torrhen's ignoring everything now - his goal is to protect his babby. Rodrik isn't dead, though, he just doesn't have much strength.

Also after I post this I'm gonna block the ttg site to hide from TWDG3 spoilers, so I'll be back after I've finished those episodes - might not be able to post tomorrow's part here if I'm away : O

• Rodrik's all "notice me..."

Part 3.134 Torrhen's ignoring everything now - his goal is to protect his babby. Rodrik isn't dead, though, he just doesn't have much str

• Rest in peace, Ned, you poor bastard.

Torrhen may have won this fight, but he won't win the war.

Now, about Rodrik... Will he be able to handle being a lefty from now on? And I'm guessing he won't get a golden hand, like a certain Lannister we know.

Part 3.134 Torrhen's ignoring everything now - his goal is to protect his babby. Rodrik isn't dead, though, he just doesn't have much str

• Well he won't be able to use the greatsword that's for sure.

Rest in peace, Ned, you poor bastard. Torrhen may have won this fight, but he won't win the war. Now, about Rodrik... Will he be able

• Part 3.135

Blood loss is one hell of a drug.

• He could always get one of those sword hand attachments Grenn had lol

Well he won't be able to use the greatsword that's for sure.

• One devil and two angels on his shoulders? Rodrik you are so damaged, physically and mentally.

Part 3.135 Blood loss is one hell of a drug.

• Trust me, there's more where that came from.

One devil and two angels on his shoulders? Rodrik you are so damaged, physically and mentally.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.