Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• Part 3.136

Aka "I have no self control when it comes to cameos and vision sequences"

• I have to say I really like this scene.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 3.136 Aka "I have no self control when it comes to cameos and vision sequences"

• edited December 2016

Part 3.137

That’s it for the Christmas break - I’ll be back with some heavy hitting stuff when New Year comes round. Between that, though, I’ll be posting stuff regarding what Gared got up to after leaving the North Grove.

• It was really cool seeing all those old faces. Particularly Gregor, it's been a while for him.

Part 3.137 That’s it for the Christmas break - I’ll be back with some heavy hitting stuff when New Year comes round. Between that, though, I’ll be posting stuff regarding what Gared got up to after leaving the North Grove.

• edited December 2016

Here’s what happened with Gared in the AU before he linked up with Rodrik. Posts will be 1-3 images long with no dialogue, and instead have a summary of each scene under the image.

enter image description here

Gared’s Prologue Part 1: Wights

After deciding to head south from the North Grove, Gared begins training Josera in combat without Shadow. Josera wants to learn as he has a desire to be like his father (which he cannot admit).

Away from camp so they could get peace and quiet to train, the duo are pounced upon by wights - and Gared recognises them. They are men of the Night’s Watch who died hunting him down after his desertion - with Frostfinger at the head of the pack. Though they successfully fend the dead off, Gared cannot help but feel guilty for indirectly ending these mens’ lives.

• Does Josera not know how to fight?

Here’s what happened with Gared in the AU before he linked up with Rodrik. Posts will be 1-3 images long with no dialogue, and instead have

• He relies on Shadow a lot and isn't properly disciplined with a sword.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Does Josera not know how to fight?

• How many people roughly are travelling down from the North Grove?

Here’s what happened with Gared in the AU before he linked up with Rodrik. Posts will be 1-3 images long with no dialogue, and instead have

• I'd hazard a guess at about 20-25 including Elsera's warriors/hollows?

How many people roughly are travelling down from the North Grove?

• edited December 2016

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 2: No Gods

Back at camp Gared is convinced by Finn to confront Sylvi, who is still in a foul mood after Cotter’s blood sacrifice (which is reasonable). As Gared tries to convince Sylvi that things will improve “Gods be Good”, Sylvi turns on him and says that there are no Gods, and any god who would reward what happened to her brother is evil.
    Finn admits Sylvi needs time, and the two leave her be.

Fun fact, Sylvi's model here is an unused version from the game files where she has her hood up.

• Well I can't blame her for being mad.

I really like these by the way! :)

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 2: No Gods Back at camp Gared is convinced by Finn to confront Sylvi, who is still in a foul mood after C

• I'm glad Frostfinger is dead

• enter image description here

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 3: Meeting Targan’s Family

Gared is alerted by stirring in the night while on watch. He quickly spies a figure stealing some of their supplies and brandishes an ax, hoping to catch up and regain their stolen food. As he approaches the small figure, he turns them around and is shocked to see it is only a child (Willow). The girl quickly cries out and her father, Targan, makes himself known.

The man attempts to attack Gared and free his child, but is halted by Finn who was woken up by the screaming. The two get into a fight, but it is halted by Sylvi. The group learns of Targan’s history - that he and his family were left roaming the harsh lands beyond the Wall after their village was destroyed by wights. Gared then convinces the family to join up with them and come south - if they help him reclaim the Forrester lands he’ll promise them a home of their own.

• Willow's adorable. ^_^

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 3: Meeting Targan’s Family Gared is alerted by stirring in the night while on watch. He quickly spies a figu

• edited December 2016

She's one of those characters I wish I could have done more with. Targan's family as a whole kind of got the short end of the stick - downsides of being a one-man operation, I suppose.

Willow's adorable. ^_^

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 4: Warg

Josera catches Sylvi warging and confronts Gared about it. When questioned why she didn’t tell them about her abilities, Sylvi admits she’s only recently worked out she can warg and Elsera explains this may be due to the North Grove’s power unlocking abilities in her, as it did with her blood magic and Josera’s warging.

Gared hesitates, then asks if Josera can train her. He reluctantly agrees given their tense relationship, but Sylvi is thankful for the opportunity and lightens up now that she is less confused about her abilities.

(Also featuring Signa without her hood up)

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 5: Heading South

As the group reaches the coast, Gared scouts ahead and makes a discovery - an abandoned ship. It appears as if those on board left long ago and headed into the lands above the Wall, never to return. The others want to take the ship and sail south, but Gared is reluctant as its original owners may still be alive and could be stranded. Those who have lived beyond the wall all their lives state that any southerners would likely already died and Gared was lucky to have lived this long, which alleviates his concerns a little.

With some minor repairs the ship is back in working condition and they manage to get it moving. Gared searches the captains’ quarters and recognises the colours and sigil of House Draper from when he was taught about Houses of the North by Lord Forrester, and the group agrees their destination should be Stillport, to return the ship.

• Well that was certainly lucky.

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 5: Heading South As the group reaches the coast, Gared scouts ahead and makes a discovery - an abandoned

• Blame the son of Lord Draper and his poor navigational skills XD

Well that was certainly lucky.

• edited December 2016

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 6: Arriving at Stillport

After half a week of sailing, almost undershooting their destination and making landfall at Sea Dragon Point, the ship pulls into Stillport and Gared and Sylvi disembark to survey the area as they note no other ships are in port. Sylvi is in awe at the size of the town, unable to recognise the state it is in as she has never seen anything like it, but her admiration is cut short when she and Gared see a peasant being abused by three soldiers of House Warrick with a more authoritative man overseeing them. His name is Black Galtry.

I think tomorrow's post is the last part of what I've got for Gared's prologue, then it'll be a break and the main story will resume on the 1st.

• Is the leader a deserter from the Nights Watch or something? His clothes look familiar

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 6: Arriving at Stillport After half a week of sailing, almost undershooting their destination and making

• edited December 2016

Nah, he's just dressed up in black because it's his thing. Black clothes, black armour, black war paint, the works.

Is the leader a deserter from the Nights Watch or something? His clothes look familiar

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 7: A New Face

Noting the threat of enemy soldiers, Gared knows he cannot risk anyone being hurt and tells Finn to turn the ship around and head to Sea Dragon Point, neglecting to let himself or Sylvi board so the ship has the maximum amount of time to escape.

Stranded, Gared and Sylvi have to evade Galtry and the Warricks, but fortunately for them a door inches open and a man beckons them to join him inside.

This is all I have of Gared’s prologue so far. Main story resumes on the 1st January.

• I'm a bit confused. How did Galtry and Gared end up at odds?

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 7: A New Face Noting the threat of enemy soldiers, Gared knows he cannot risk anyone being hurt and tells

• It's more just a case of the Warricks having overrun Stillport and Gared and Sylvi being strangers. The Warricks are bad dudes and they're gonna investigate strangers, so Gared and Sylvi have to hide before they're caught and probably imprisoned.

I'm a bit confused. How did Galtry and Gared end up at odds?

• So no post today, but tomorrow we'll be resuming the main storyline. Here's where we left off:

• Rodrik lost his hand in a fight with Torrhen Whitehill, but managed to get up after hallucinating his family encouraging him to carry on and not give up.
    • Talia is missing, having disappeared after Lyarra's death while Hugar Greyson prevented Ostyn from taking revenge on the Whitehill Elite Guard.
    • Ryon is currently extremely injured, but was found by Lord Ashwood's bastard sons.
    • Gared successfully reclaimed Ironrath, but not before suffering a severe leg injury.
    • Torrhen abandoned the fight in favour of getting his daughter Roslin Snow to safety.
  • Part 3.138

Back to regular posts. This isn't looking like it'll go down well : O

• Is Talia going to attack Torrhen when he least expects it? He may be wounded, but I have a feeling that won't be as easy.

Part 3.138 Back to regular posts. This isn't looking like it'll go down well : O

• This explains what happened with Finn when he was absent from Gared's tense reunion with Rodrik.

I like how you handled Gared's prologue. Though, I wonder how Black Galtry got his eye to look like that. Looks badass... for a Warrick.

S2AU - Gared’s Prologue Part 7: A New Face Noting the threat of enemy soldiers, Gared knows he cannot risk anyone being hurt and tells

• This is actually one of my favorite scenes. Despite that it was only a hallucination, it was great that all of the Forrester family came to Rodrik and encouraged him to get back on his feet and keep going.

Part 3.137 That’s it for the Christmas break - I’ll be back with some heavy hitting stuff when New Year comes round. Between that, though, I’ll be posting stuff regarding what Gared got up to after leaving the North Grove.

• I'd never describe Warrick Bastion as safe.

Part 3.138 Back to regular posts. This isn't looking like it'll go down well : O

• Depends who you are, really. The Warricks are deferential to the Whitehills to an almost hilarious degree, and wouldn't dare harm one. It'd be like a peasant walking up to his Lord and kicking him in the crotch.

I'd never describe Warrick Bastion as safe.

• I meant the environment as a whole. I get that it is the safest place for them right now. I just meant that Warrick BGastion isn't really a nice place to be.

Depends who you are, really. The Warricks are deferential to the Whitehills to an almost hilarious degree, and wouldn't dare harm one. It'd be like a peasant walking up to his Lord and kicking him in the crotch.

• The room looks very similar to that of the terraces in Kings Landing. ( Btw, the sky looks so cool). Dunno why Im focusing on these details haha

• I reused a lot of King's Landing stuff for Highpoint, because I imagine as stonemasons they have more flashy architecture in the halls where the nobles live. Plus a lot of past Whitehill Lords have been very egocentric so they'd probably want their keep to look really posh.

It's a good catch either way XD

The room looks very similar to that of the terraces in Kings Landing. ( Btw, the sky looks so cool). Dunno why Im focusing on these details haha

• Part 3.139

Torrhen's so concerned about his kids that he leaves himself exposed to attack.

• Oh. I guess it was that easy.

Talia looks like she's had enough Whitehills for one lifetime.

Part 3.139 Torrhen's so concerned about his kids that he leaves himself exposed to attack.

• Oh. I guess it was that easy.

"It's just a flesh wound," I promise, ignoring how deep I made the knife go. It's not a fatal injury or anything. He's just... slowed down with an injured leg and shoulder now, so he can't perform the same sort of stunts he did against Rodrik.

Oh. I guess it was that easy. Talia looks like she's had enough Whitehills for one lifetime.

• yeah the whitehills seem like the type of people to do that xD

I reused a lot of King's Landing stuff for Highpoint, because I imagine as stonemasons they have more flashy architecture in the halls where

• Woah, that expression on Talia's face is freaking me out.

Part 3.139 Torrhen's so concerned about his kids that he leaves himself exposed to attack.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.