Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• Ah I see. What a great man Hugar is

JakeSt123 posted: »

It was up to Hugar what it was -- Torrhen was basically saying 'name one thing and you can have it', but Hugar declined the offer (because a

• Hugar's pretty chilled in comparison to pretty much every other Greyson. I think he'd make a good Lord if he was a better at communicating to large amounts of people.

Ah I see. What a great man Hugar is

• Part 3.146

"tired of your shit, man"

"you've failed me for the last time"

• I think Boros should start saying his prayers.

If Torrhen kills him, is it still a peace negotiation?

Part 3.146 "tired of your shit, man" "you've failed me for the last time"

• These Warricks are dying like flies.

Part 3.146 "tired of your shit, man" "you've failed me for the last time"

• edited January 2017

lol "peace negotiation". Is that what you think this is?

I think Boros should start saying his prayers. If Torrhen kills him, is it still a peace negotiation?

• Part 3.147

Now's a good chance to get rid of some of the dead weight/men who are more trouble than they're worth. Torrhen's been sitting on these things for a while now and he's just kind of... taking a chance instead of mulling over it.

• I think Torrhen is up to something.

Why would he send his Wife and only trueborn child to Warrick Bastion if you mean to withdraw your support from them?

Strange stuff, but I did enjoy seeing those 2 pricks get dragged off

Part 3.147 Now's a good chance to get rid of some of the dead weight/men who are more trouble than they're worth. Torrhen's been sitting on these things for a while now and he's just kind of... taking a chance instead of mulling over it.

• I just realized something. Is Torrhen worse then Ludd and Gryff or is he not? Because Torrhen puts an order for his men to not kill any women and/or children. Ludd and Gryff on the other hand decide to kill off all the women and children from house Forrester. But thing that I don't get is that Torrhen was a bolton. So wouldn't that make Torrhen worse then Ludd or Gryff. Sorry if this is a dumb question. Also I'm pretty sure the order to not kill women and children means nothing to the Whitehills guards. Torrhen better create a better garrison.

Part 3.147 Now's a good chance to get rid of some of the dead weight/men who are more trouble than they're worth. Torrhen's been sitting on these things for a while now and he's just kind of... taking a chance instead of mulling over it.

• But thing that I don't get is that Torrhen was a bolton. So wouldn't that make Torrhen worse then Ludd or Gryff.

Torrhen just served the Boltons, it doesn't mean he had the same outlook as they do. He's still pretty brutal, but he has his own code.

Also I'm pretty sure the order to not kill women and children means nothing to the Whitehills guards. Torrhen better create a better garrison.

I think it's a case-by-case thing. Most of them do follow his orders to a tee, it's just the problem people like Boros and Hullen who are... problems.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I just realized something. Is Torrhen worse then Ludd and Gryff or is he not? Because Torrhen puts an order for his men to not kill any wome

• edited January 2017

As you have probably already figured out from tumblr, Badger, today's post has had a huge impact on me. I believe I've earned the title of "Warrick Trash" by this point & now can bear it along with the "Gryff Whitehill Trash" one. I quite literally have numerous house Warrick headcanons run through my mind as I sit here right now & don't know how to stop it. Basically, one of the few things I need in this life atm is for Colton to arrive at Rillwater Crossing before Boros gets executed, because I'm sorry, but if that boy never gets to meet the only blood relative, who gives two shits about him, that'll simply be too much for me to handle. It also makes me wonder why does Boros seem to care at least a bit about the boy, given that he doesn't really know him... Which just makes me come up with more headcanons :ь

Now, shifting the focus to Torrhen, who is clearly having one of his biggest performances in the whole au, be ready for me to bombard this man with judgement. I think it's worth noting, Badger, that you shouldn't take it too personally when I basically shit on Torrhen's every life decision — I'm extremely biased against him as a character, but that does not mean you're not achieving what you're hoping to achieve with him. You do portray him as very morally grey & in many situations, even like the most reasonable one. It's just my overall view of him that makes me be like that — gloss over the good stuff & exaggerate each & every flaw, because of my dislike of him. It's not the problem of the portrayal, it's the problem of my perception. No matter how grey & neutral they are, a well-written character will always have shameless fans & shameless haters, because of how strongly they make us feel.

Anyway, just how radically Torrhen is dealing with house Warrick feels kind of iffy to me (I lied, it actually grates on me a lot). I mean, sure thing, Boros has fucked up big time, but isn't handing him over to the Glenmores enough? It's not like Lyarra's death was a big scheme Warricks have made up together, it was literally a fuck up of one man & one man only. Randyll is currently getting Greta & Karl to the Bastion, doing exactly what needs to be done & what he was ordered to do. I mean, what about the fact that they are supposed to be hiding there? Isn't Torrhen at least a bit worried about the possibility of them being harmed were Glenmores to attack? What if Warricks themselves, knowing that they have nothing to loose, decide to hurt them to retaliate against Torrhen? And even if they don't, I'm sorry, but exterminating a whole house because of the deeds of one of it's members is just straight up... wrong. What about women & children that are there (Colton is just one child, you know, there are probably smallfolk/servants' kids around)? How can he be sure that Glenmores won't hurt them, since they can very well just decide to burn the place to the ground? What about Warrick men that have nothing to do with what has happened? As for making Colton Glenmore's ward — sure, it looks like a good thing to us, because we as the readers know they won't harm him, but... How can Torrhen be sure about that? For all he knows, they can treat him more horribly than even his father, as he is associated with Lyarra's killer in their eyes. Randyll at least values him as the only heir he has left — while Glenmores have no reason to. I don't want to believe Glenmores are actually going to go through with what Torrhen suggests — I feel like they'd simply want the man who is to blame to be punished, since I can't recall them having much beef with the rest of the Warricks. I wonder if we'll actually get to see what will happen in the Glenmore & Greyson plotline next, & if we don't — I do hope you'll tell us.

I'm probably being too damn judgmental, but that's just not the way one is supposed to deal with their bannermen, the way I see it. Sure, you may dislike them, but you are still responsible for those people, each and every one of them. If a house that serves you comprises hundred-and-ten men, hundred of them commit enough atrocities to deserve death & ten are innocent, you punish the hundred, but continue to rule the ten justly & protect them. You assign new commanders for their forces, ones that you trust to lead their soldiers the right way. You raise the future heir as your own ward, making sure he grows up to be a worthy man. You deliver justice, looking into every crime & making sure you only punish the directly responsible ones, so that the rest are protected from them (remember the Taena situation? I'm not judging Torrhen for that, since he obviously wasn't in charge back then, but it's pretty naive to believe there aren't any more "Taenas" at the Bastion & around it). You don't just throw away a whole house of human beings — you work to fix it. I may be overlooking something, so feel free to correct any of my points you think are wrong, but those are my thoughts on the matter. I don't know, I just can't recall Torrhen trying to fix the way house Warrick is at any point in the past, but I do not put it past myself to miss, misunderstand or forget something.

I've spat up enough negativity for one lifetime, I believe, so how about I acknowledge some things that, from where I stand, Torrhen has actually done right for a change?.. While morally questionable from my point of view, this whole scene is quite a smart strategic move. Seeing how Torrhen is willing to punish his men for their wrongdoings & recognize the harm they have caused is likely to get Rodrik in the mood for a more productive negotiation & actually make him trust his intentions. Right impression is important, & I think we can agree Torrhen has handled this part perfectly. Not to mention, that punishing Hullen was the right thing to do — again though, it's sorta iffy how he never directly ordered him not to harm anyone, & even assigned the man as a Master-at-Arms, making the whole ordeal look weird... Also makes me wonder why Brandon never got any punishment (or is he yet to?) for directly ordering Boros to hurt Kyra, hitting Talia himself & murdering a Greyson man for no reason. Hopefully, the last thing went completely unacknowledged because Torrhen didn't know of it, not because his moral code protects only women & children, but harming men is fine even if it's uncalled for... I have to stop before the amount of things I blame Torrhen for gets ridiculous (it probably does already) xD I hope this comment didn't come off as too bitchy or as if I'm nitpicking, because I am enjoying the au a ton at the moment & really don't wish to sound like I'm constantly unhappy with shit. I may be unhappy with some hero's choices, but that doesn't make the story any less great. Although we're close to the end now, my hype level just keeps increasing & I'm growing more & more impatient about getting to know what is going to happen next. That's one of the greatest feelings the au is giving me, tbh.

PS. And one more thing I forgot to mention... Now that the Glenmores & Greysons have left, the question of "where the hell is Myles???" is the one that bothers me quite a bit. Hopefully, at some point, it will be answered.

• Bababababa I'm gonna cherry pick some points because some stuff might be potential spoilers, some stuff I might just not have an answer to yet:

Randyll is currently getting Greta & Karl to the Bastion, doing exactly what needs to be done & what he was ordered to do. I mean, what about the fact that they are supposed to be hiding there? Isn't Torrhen at least a bit worried about the possibility of them being harmed were Glenmores to attack? What if Warricks themselves, knowing that they have nothing to loose, decide to hurt them to retaliate against Torrhen?

Greta and Karl aren't staying at the Bastion for long - as soon as the deals are made Torrhen will probably ride up to Deadwood Hill where they stopped to rest until morning, get the family and Stanler and tell the Warrick's everything's dealt with and that they can go home. No Warrick will be informed that he plans to betray them... because he's Torrhen. He schemes, that's his thing. By the time the Warricks get any inkling of a betrayal, Torrhen will have got all of his family home, as well as ordered the release of Sanya Draper and Lynneth Cooper as goodwill to Stillport. The Warricks won't have any bargaining chips left.

And even if they don't, I'm sorry, but exterminating a whole house because of the deeds of one of it's members is just straight up... wrong. What about women & children that are there (Colton is just one child, you know, there are probably smallfolk/servants' kids around)? How can he be sure that Glenmores won't hurt them, since they can very well just decide to burn the place to the ground?

I'm certain that there'd be a combination of Torrhen subtly making visits and ushering the innocents out as well as the Glenmores being too 'honourable' to harm them - especially if this whole theoretical war would be to avenge Lyarra, who was both female and a child herself. And if Torrhen finds out about any 'accidents' this scene suggests he'd deal with that personally and punish whoever did it.

What about Warrick men that have nothing to do with what has happened?

The Warrick 'army' is pretty much 99% assholes. They're like the Ironrath Whitehills multiplied by infinity; the Bastion is basically a jail for the Whitehills' less-than-savoury soldiers, so they're all dickheads. Those that reform usually make sure to get out of there quickly, like the ones who came to Highpoint and the Logging site with Randyll. (I'm making so many excuses)

As for making Colton Glenmore's ward — sure, it looks like a good thing to us, because we as the readers know they won't harm him, but... How can Torrhen be sure about that? For all he knows, they can treat him more horribly than even his father, as he is associated with Lyarra's killer in their eyes.

This is a slip-up on Torrhen's part again. He knows Errol's in a coma so Syrena is regent, and she's a mother which means his judgement of her is flawed. When Torrhen thinks of a mother he thinks of the traits Erena had, so he's assuming that Syrena wouldn't harm Colton. It's definitely a mistake on his part, but it's also the best chance Colton has of surviving should the Glenmores get mad.

I feel like they'd simply want the man who is to blame to be punished, since I can't recall them having much beef with the rest of the Warricks.

I think... you forget who Lady Glenmore's father is : ]

Krapinka posted: »

As you have probably already figured out from tumblr, Badger, today's post has had a huge impact on me. I believe I've earned the title of "

• JakeSt123 Loving the AU, been following almost sense the beginning. Just a few questions, do you think you might create a new character as a POV in the south or King's Landing?, and are you going to do any massive battles like Stannis' assault on Winterfell? or a Battle of The Bastards type battle with two huge armies attacking each other? Thanks.

• Glad you're enjoying it : )

do you think you might create a new character as a POV in the south or King's Landing?

I'm nearing the end of the story now, so I don't plan on introducing anyone new.

are you going to do any massive battles like Stannis' assault on Winterfell? or a Battle of The Bastards type battle with two huge armies attacking each other?

The biggest battle I could do was Gared's group vs. the Whitehills at Ironrath. Anything bigger would probably crash my computer XD

soysauce posted: »

JakeSt123 Loving the AU, been following almost sense the beginning. Just a few questions, do you think you might create a new character as a

• Not sure how off topic this question is but whatever: How many months pregnant is Elaena?

• I think... you forget who Lady Glenmore's father is : ]

Son of a bitch. I'm an idiot. How the fuck could I have forgotten about Nestor and the history he has with house Branfield, just- fuck :/ Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. Why did you have to remind me about this, Badger. This just makes everything so much worse. And yeeaaahh, I'm pretty sure the wiki states that he ordered everyone, including women & children slaughtered— FUUUUUUCK. Whyyyyy :/ :/ :/ Why do we still have to go through this, now that I finally hoped that the only death I'm yet to endure in the au was Gryff's. FUCK. I already feel like this plot point is predetermined now & even think I understand why, from the narrative point of view. Characters have died, but the peaceful solution does not satisfy the readers, who have wanted revenge since the beginning — and there is this perfect scapegoat here, known as house Warrick. Satisfaction for everyone, both peace-loving & blood-thirsty folks. Smartly played, Badger, smartly played. I'm not going to abandon hope, but neither it feels like I have any reason to get my hopes up now either :/

As you can imagine, nothing really makes Torrhen's decision any better in my eyes. I have little faith in his ability to recognize the innocents through brief interaction, as well as don't think he'd have any say in punishing the Glenmores, who could possibly harm them. I also wonder what Warrick's women & children would be supposed to do with the men of their house slaughtered, given that they'd be left without any protection, with the winter coming. Not to mention that you just don't exterminate a bunch of people based on them being "assholes"... Again, you look into every particular crime & judge it fairly, realizing that many of them were committed following your house's orders & for your house's benefit. Basically, house Whitehill has been using the Warrick's to do their dirty work for centuries, & now that they're no longer worth keeping around, they might as bloody well turn against them, not without using them one last time, of course (Greta's & Karl's protection). Yeah, sure. Sounds very Torrhen, so, from the plot point of view, there is no reason for me to complain.

I'm prolly being too sceptic & negative again, I mean, Serena might still realize, that one more war is the last thing their house needs after all the shit that has already happened, given that no war goes without death & suffering of both parties. Going to have to wait & see, as usual.

Bababababa I'm gonna cherry pick some points because some stuff might be potential spoilers, some stuff I might just not have an answer to y

• Uhhhh... I think about 5 or 6? Pregnant enough not to be able to travel, so she's going to end up giving birth at Timberwatch.

Not sure how off topic this question is but whatever: How many months pregnant is Elaena?

• Part 3.148

Now it's time for the hard part, so Torrhen has to invite the real peacemaker to help him out.

• I swear I always have this murderous feeling whenever Gwyn appears...

Part 3.148 Now it's time for the hard part, so Torrhen has to invite the real peacemaker to help him out.

• In all honesty I can't really say I'm the biggest Gwyn fan on earth.

I swear I always have this murderous feeling whenever Gwyn appears...

• I hate her. Hope my Asher will have the chance to kill her in season 2. She backstabbed him!

In all honesty I can't really say I'm the biggest Gwyn fan on earth.

• edited January 2017

I was wondering when Gywn was gonna show up.

I feel like Talia's last meeting with her was kinda foreshadowing this moment. And also deciding Torrhen's fate.

Part 3.148 Now it's time for the hard part, so Torrhen has to invite the real peacemaker to help him out.

• I feel like Talia's last meeting with her was kinda foreshadowing this moment. And also deciding Torrhen's fate.

Oh, for sure. It was definitely heavy-handed foreshadowing.

I was wondering when Gywn was gonna show up. I feel like Talia's last meeting with her was kinda foreshadowing this moment. And also deciding Torrhen's fate.

• I don't know why, but part of me feels like Rodrik is gonna ninja throw a fork into Torrhen's eye. XD

• Not without his good hand : ]

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't know why, but part of me feels like Rodrik is gonna ninja throw a fork into Torrhen's eye. XD

• edited January 2017

Part 3.149

Torrhen's just like 'here's a way we can cut the feud but I can still make a ton of money lol'

• Fuck... it always comes down to the Ironwood doesn't it?

Part 3.149 Torrhen's just like 'here's a way we can cut the feud but I can still make a ton of money lol'

• Yep, that's what started this whole blood feud... and it'll hopefully be what ends it.

Fuck... it always comes down to the Ironwood doesn't it?

• edited January 2017

Man, this feels so unfair, The Whitehills completely squandered and destroyed their share of the Ironwood, procedeed to blame the forresters for their own mistakes and when The red wedding happened, Almost all of them have turned out to be nothing but a colossal pain in the ass for the forresters, also being responsibles for Ethan(indirectly), Asher, And Lady forrester deaths. for them in the end to take half the ironwood from the forresters after all the Forrester suffered feels so wrong. I guess this is Game of thrones if a AU.

Part 3.149 Torrhen's just like 'here's a way we can cut the feud but I can still make a ton of money lol'

• Honestly, the best thing about this scene is how Rodrik simply turns & looks at Talia, waiting for her to give her judgement. A simple movement, but it says so much & makes me feel such strong nostalgia about the way those two were in my game, when he would rely on his sister & confide in her so often ;w: I love the way Rod acknowledges, that her opinion on the matter is important & that she needs to be heard out. It was her who made the whole negotiation possible, and she is the Forrester's sentinel. I just want to appreciate au's Talia as whole once more, because of how she is handled & through how much development she goes. We can see how different she already is from the girl that we got to know in the original game, how she learns & gains experience; & still, her core stays the same, this is still the person who told Rodrik he needed to stand tall & strong in front of their men back in ep2. That's probably my favorite Talia moment of all time, tbh. What I'm trying to say is, I'm just glad au's Talia & her relationship with Rodrik & her position in the house & the direction her character is going are the way they are, because it couldn't have been done any better. I never really expected myself to get so emotional simply over a little moment between Rod & Talia, haha. But the way you perform those little moments really does the trick for me, apparently.

As for the deal Torrhen is suggesting — boy, I do hope (& believe, actually) that our heroes are going to reach an agreement about it, since honestly, this is the most reasonable thing that has been suggested in a long bloody time. Given that house Whitehill did have their share of ironwood stolen, this is not only beneficial for both parties, but actually pretty fair. I also can certainly give Gwyn credit for how she treads, always using the right points, no matter whom she needs to convince. She knows exactly, that to appeal to Torrhen, she better mention Erena, Rodrik — Gregor, Talia — Ethan. Smart choice of words this is, I believe.

One more little detail that piqued my interest was Torr's comment regarding Gryff, that made me wonder whether he is just putting up a good front for the Forresters, not wishing to reveal just how dysfunctional his family can be — or if he could actually as much as consider putting Gryff in charge of any men, as opposed to, you know, organizing some accident that'll lead to his death, lol. This makes me wonder — since Torrhen certainly doesn't want Gryff anywhere near Highpoint, where could he possibly send him & those mysterious "four or five men"? To guard whatever remains of Warrick's Bastion after he plans to destroy it (yeah, I pretty much believe this plot point to be a given now...)? Or what? Of course, anything like this isn't very likely to actually happen, given that Gryff can very well never escape Ironrath alive — but it's not like Torrhen knows about that. I'm genuinely sorta curious about how he could decide to get rid of him, now that Ironrath's no longer an option.

• I suppose you have to think of it relative to past 'offers' they've had. Both of Ludd's proposals amounted to 'you work for me and I don't pay you so you're basically my slaves' while Torrhen's saying they can keep half of the groves and half of the profit, as well as their home back without a garrison. Plus Torrhen's said they can work together, and after a while of it being kind of tense it could perhaps start a more harmonious relationship between houses.

unra321 posted: »

Man, this feels so unfair, The Whitehills completely squandered and destroyed their share of the Ironwood, procedeed to blame the forresters

• Part 3.150

It's about bloody time.

• It happened! The dream has been fulfilled. Peace.

Part 3.150 It's about bloody time.

• It can't be just that easy...

• Well, all right then. Looks like we have a deal.
    enter image description here

• The whole idea is that it is that easy if they all stopped being so bloody stubborn and selfish. It's a deal where no one really loses out.

It can't be just that easy...

• but for how long?

It happened! The dream has been fulfilled. Peace.

• How many parts are left of this?

• Not many now. I don't know what might come after that, though.

How many parts are left of this?

• Part 3.151

Managed to fit in some jokes here - the handshake and Torrhen taking the piss, but neither have an effect on the deal moving forward. The former is just Torrhen being ignorant and the latter is him just being a bit of an arse and trolling the Forresters.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.