DVD Available for Pre-Order!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Wow, shipping is a lot more expensive than it was the last time I ordered a DVD from Telltale.
    Yeah, that's because now the lowest form is priority mail (faster, more expensive) than first-class mail that was still available when the S&M 1/2 discs were shipped (slower, but cheaper).
  • edited March 2010
    Rebirth wrote: »
    hey iam one of the TOMI preorderers, and just ordered the delux edition and the vodoo cards but i had to pay the full price(but no shiping because its over 9000...äh over 50$)
    but can anyone tell me why? what did i make wrong?will i get my special cover anyways?

If you already own the games the price for the deluxe edition should have been around 15$ - if it wasn't, maybe you used a different account? Either way you should send a mail, I'm sure they corrrect this.

The special cover is included in the deluxe edition, no matter if you preordered or not.
  • edited March 2010
    @ zaradan: The DVD has all kind of bonus features along with the games, so no... it's not just "a DVD case" extra.
  • edited March 2010
    Of all the extras included on the DVD, only the commentaries aren't readily available on the internet as far as I'm aware.

Anyway, this isn't meant to be a critisism of the product. Telltale have put together a great package. Merely an expression of disappointment at the shipping costs, which for me are prohibitively high.
  • edited March 2010
    Dang it.... can I resubmit my order to include the Deluxe stuff, without having to rebuy all the episodes and DVD twice?
  • edited March 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Dang it.... can I resubmit my order to include the Deluxe stuff, without having to rebuy all the episodes and DVD twice?

lol im also trying resubmit my order cos I forgot about custams charge on higher post so now im trying to reorder with more stuff to get free postage and avoid it
  • edited March 2010
    I do not see why there isn't a way to do it considering its on back order anyway.
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm not going through 15 pages to find it.

The order page says the standard DVD is free, and the deluxe edition is $15. Does that mean I could order both for $15?
  • edited March 2010
    X-RAY wrote: »

The order page says the standard DVD is free, and the deluxe edition is $15. Does that mean I could order both for $15?

This is a good and important question. So is it possible to get 2 copies of the game this way?

(and when the free shipping limit $50 is exceeded, it seems like you can add multiple regular TMI dvd`s for free!?)
  • edited March 2010
    Otis wrote: »
    (and when the free shipping limit $50 is exceeded, it seems like you can add multiple regular TMI dvd`s for free!?)
    It corrects itself in checkout.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok. But still, is it possible to order more than one deluxe editions for $15, or to order one regular dvd and one (or more) deluxe editions?
  • edited March 2010
    X-RAY wrote: »

Last I checked, you CAN place both in your cart and complete the order ... but I don't think you're SUPPOSED to. The page specifies you should choose one "OR" the other ... which makes sense, since I doubt they intended to deplete their stock by sending everyone who pre-ordered multiple copies of the game. It seems to me that the most polite and honorable thing to do would be to follow the page instructions and choose one OR the other, and not try to wiggle through a shopping cart error and then expect Telltale to eat the cost.

That's my take, anyway.
  • edited March 2010
    Im pretty sure people who selected both will still only be getting one copy of the DVD.
  • edited March 2010
    I only ordered the Deluxe DVD and my "stuff you bought" shows both the DVD and the deluxe version regardless, and each individual bonus of the deluxe version seperate as well.

So I think it's not going to give TTG problems.
  • edited March 2010
    The shipping is very expensive. $17 as the cheapest option to post a DVD to the UK? If you walked into a US post office it would be much less and without the bulk discount.
  • edited March 2010
    It seems Pre ordering for limited Edition Content is a JOKE how can it be "Limited" if it's now made widely available - Maybe someone from Telltale can explain to me how my "Limited-Edition Slipcase by Steve Purcell" for Pre-ordering is Actually that.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok. But still, is it possible to order more than one deluxe editions for $15, or to order one regular dvd and one (or more) deluxe editions?

No. You pay $50 for the Deluxe edition - $35 originally (price of game, which includes physical media), and $15 for the extra stuff in the Deluxe package.

If you want a second copy of the game, to give to friends, etc, you'll need to purchase a second copy of the game.

If you want a backup of the game, you should use regular backup methods (make disk image, copy to another DVD, upload to Mozy, etc).

I know it'd be nice to order "just the DVD", but I assume you'd want the DVD for one of the purposes above. If it's to give to someone else, and you're keeping your copy, then you're talking about ANOTHER COPY OF THE GAME. You're not going to get the entire season for just $15 (unless you had bought MacHeist this year, which I stupidly missed!! Or some similar special deal).

It's 100% reasonable.
  • edited March 2010
    Am I the only one happy about this? Yeah I've paid less for shipping from America, but I honestly don't care. It's only a few extra pound and it's Monkey Island. I guess you can't please everyone.

I'm thanking Telltale for this dvd, it's my first Monkey Island hard copy that I can call my own. The others belong to family, and I don't count the ps2 copy I have of Escape.. so I'm happy. £11 is nothing. I can't wait until that dvd is in my grubby hands, I could use something cheer me up :/
  • edited March 2010
    Marill wrote: »
    £11 is nothing.
    I was under the impression that £0 was nothing.
  • edited March 2010

I think the exchange rate has changed since.
  • edited March 2010

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
  • edited March 2010

It is nothing. £11, however, is next to nothing.
  • edited March 2010
    Ripcord wrote: »
    No. You pay $50 for the Deluxe edition - $35 originally (price of game, which includes physical media), and $15 for the extra stuff in the Deluxe package.

Yes. I know that because I`m a pre-orderer. but my question is, that if I put the $0.00 DVD in the cart and then I put a $15 deluxe edition in the cart, can I complete the checkout and will they then send me two copies of the game?

I`ve now heard that the checkout corrects itself so that you cant order more than one of those $0.00 DVD`s, but if I put for example 4 deluxe editions in the cart, will I be sent 4 copies of the game and the merchandise stuff x4? Or will they send me 1 copy of the game + the merchandise stuff x4?

Or is it only possible to order 1 deluxe edition OR one normal DVD?
  • edited March 2010
    Yes. I know that because I`m a pre-orderer. but my question is, that if I put the $0.00 DVD in the cart and then I put a $15 deluxe edition in the cart, can I complete the checkout and will they then send me two copies of the game?

It might be able to order both, but that would be a glitch so I'm pretty sure they'd only send one anyways.
  • edited March 2010
    I see that things have been corrected quite a bit. Now its only possible to add into cart no more than 1 standard dvd AND 1 deluxe edition. But I`m still curious. Will that qualify me for 2 copies of the game + merch OR 1 copy and then only the merch stuff of deluxe edition.
  • edited March 2010
    I see that things have been corrected quite a bit. Now its only possible to add into cart no more than 1 standard dvd AND 1 deluxe edition. But I`m still curious. Will that qualify me for 2 copies of the game + merch OR 1 copy and then only the merch stuff of deluxe edition.

Maybe they did that people people didn't seem to realise the merch included the DVD, and ordered both?
  • edited March 2010
    You'll get one, cause even people who did realise what avistew not realised and only ordered the Deluxe edition get both in the shopping cart at check-out.
  • edited March 2010
    Huh? If you put deluxe edition in the cart and proceed to checkout there is still only the deluxe edition and its shipping cost and that makes the total price $30,70.

If you put standard DVD and deluxe edition into the cart and proceed to checkout it shows that both orders are there and the total price is $30,90. So something changes there, and so you might conclude that if such order is submitted, two copies of the game will be sent.
  • edited March 2010
    hey guys, don't know if any of you know the answer to this..

regarding the Deluxe edition, does all that stuff come in a cool box or anything or are all the items just separate? I'm a sucker for cool packaging, but I'm probably going to end up buying it anyways heh.

Also does anyone know how TT usually ships its discs? This would be my first time (I got my Sam & Maxes in person at San Diego Con) and I know from experience that cardboard slipcovers can easily be damaged during shipping if not packed right. Just curious.

thanks!
  • edited March 2010
    I don't know, but the pic shows a box, so I kind of expect that (which would also explain the large shipping costs of the Deluxe version).

As for shipping DVD's, they are provided in a package, completely wrapped in that foamy stuff (don't know the proper english name), so it's highely unlikely the goods will be damaged.

As for people wondering about Deluxe + Normal version, here's what "my orders" tells me, and I only ordered the Deluxe, not added the normal version to the cart:

Order X | Placed March 13, 2010
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
    Quantity: 1
    $34.95
    Trial of the Century Button
    $0.00
    1 Voodoo Lady Tarot Card
    $0.00
    Piece of Eight
    $0.00
    Gulf of Melange Map
    $0.00
    Coaster from Club 41
    $0.00
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    $14.95
    Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase
    $0.00

Sub-Total: $49.90
    Tax: $0.00
    Shipping: $0.00
    Total: $49.90

As you can see it includes both... even if I didn't add both.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok. Thank you. The specifics can only be seen after the order is completed I see. And yes, I think this confirms that it is not possible to get more than 1 copy of the game in any case, except for purchasing the whole season again.
  • edited March 2010
    I don't know, but the pic shows a box, so I kind of expect that (which would also explain the large shipping costs of the Deluxe version).

As for shipping DVD's, they are provided in a package, completely wrapped in that foamy stuff (don't know the proper english name), so it's highely unlikely the goods will be damaged.

Thanks for the info! Yeah I was hoping for a box too but couldnt tell, hopefully that is indeed the case.

Good to hear about the shipping, foamy stuff works well. thanks again!
  • edited March 2010

As for people wondering about Deluxe + Normal version, here's what "my orders" tells me, and I only ordered the Deluxe, not added the normal version to the cart:

Order X | Placed March 13, 2010
    $34.95
    Trial of the Century Button
    $0.00
    1 Voodoo Lady Tarot Card
    $0.00
    Piece of Eight
    $0.00
    Gulf of Melange Map
    $0.00
    Coaster from Club 41
    $0.00
    $14.95
    Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase
    $0.00

Sub-Total: $49.90
    Total: $49.90

As you can see it includes both... even if I didn't add both.

Can someone explain to me how I can get to see the "my orders" page?
  • edited March 2010
    It's in the "your games"-tab (the joystick symbol on the right). Once there scroll down to the purchase you want to see the details of and click on "invoice".
  • edited March 2010
    jfen005 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how I can get to see the "my orders" page?
    Go here, scroll down to "Stuff You've Bought: a retrospective" then click on the "Invoice" link next to your order for the ToMI DVD...

np: Tied + Tickled Trio - Unwohlpol (EA1 EA2)
  • edited March 2010
    I tried checking my invoice and the following came up:

Order X | Placed March 14, 2010

$14.95
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    $19.95
    $34.95

Sub-Total: $69.85
    Total: $69.85

It did not list me item by item the extras that come with the Deluxe Edition like Hassat Hunter had listed earlier.

Is this OK or not?
  • edited March 2010
    It's... weird. I just rechecked and I do get the complete list with every piece of content listed seperately...

But still, since the deluxe edition shows up I wouldn't worry - they won't send you an empty crate, I guess.
  • edited March 2010
    I wish there was an easy way to cancel orders b4 they ship them insted of waiting on support email to see if they can let me reorder
  • edited March 2010
    jfen005 wrote: »
    It did not list me item by item the extras that come with the Deluxe Edition like Hassat Hunter had listed earlier.

Is this OK or not?
    I can't say for certain, but probably. It's odd though.
    Although people before mentioned oddities when combined with the voodoo cards (The April 10 message), so I wonder what other people have that also ordered those cards... anyone?
  • edited March 2010
    I can't say for certain, but probably. It's odd though.
    Although people before mentioned oddities when combined with the voodoo cards (The April 10 message), so I wonder what other people have that also ordered those cards... anyone?

Actually I got the exact same stuff, so that's not the reason. Maybe they changed it some time ago, but orders already placed didn't change with it !?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.