Who do you think are the most underrated and overrated characters in all of the games?

Comments

• I couldn't stand them though. I'm glad they weren't overrrated or underrated really.

Really now?

dan290786 posted: »

Overrated Kenny (um yeah yikes to the extreme) Disagree to the extreme naturally but obviously he's not underrated either.

• Yeah, that's usually the vibe I get whenever people overuse the word. :lol: Much like Mary-Sue.

He's overrated because you don't like him? Please share why you think he's overrated. I disagree of course

• Yes i just didn't find anything interesting about them at all. Becca was an annoying teenager and I just didn't think much of Shel either.

DabigRG posted: »

I couldn't stand them though. I'm glad they weren't overrrated or underrated really. Really now?

• Underrated
    Lee
    Overrated
    Kenny

• Eh...agreed.

Bonbon80 posted: »

Overrated: Molly, Kenny Underrated: Gabriel, Arvo

• Huh. Probably the first time I've seen Duck mentioned here.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Underrated: Nick, Duck, Chuck, Molly, Christa and Doug. Overrated: Kenny, Carley, Luke.

• I mean I know people apparently really didn't like Becca, but I don't think I've ever seen any ill feelings for Shel as well.

Personally, Shel was my favorite of the 400 Days protagonists and I think Becca is at least love to hate worthy for some people.

Yes i just didn't find anything interesting about them at all. Becca was an annoying teenager and I just didn't think much of Shel either.

• Underrated: Doug, Mark, Pete, Alvin, Edith

Overrated: Carley, Luke, Jane, Sam (Michonne), Kate

• Actually, I'd say Kate is definitely underrated at the moment. I do have reservations about Luke and Sam, but Kate is the only one that leaped out to me.

BC_Guy posted: »

Underrated: Doug, Mark, Pete, Alvin, Edith Overrated: Carley, Luke, Jane, Sam (Michonne), Kate

• I would think Sam was underrated.
    Even though she was big trouble, I liked her.
    She was a very kind hearted person, like Clementine is.

Actually, I'd say Kate is definitely underrated at the moment. I do have reservations about Luke and Sam, but Kate is the only one that leaped out to me.

• Honestly, I'm wondering why he listed her that way to begin with.

I would think Sam was underrated. Even though she was big trouble, I liked her. She was a very kind hearted person, like Clementine is.

• I don't hate Shel, i rarely "hate" anyone but im just not a fan. Didn't particular like her story. I found Russell's story the most interesting, i guess Wyatt's one as well. Despised Bonnie's story and it annoyed me that out of all the characters, she was the one that got the main part for Season 2. I'd hoped it would have been someone else

I mean I know people apparently really didn't like Becca, but I don't think I've ever seen any ill feelings for Shel as well. Personally,

• Bro look at the date, two months ago this shit died, I cbf with this honestly, you love Kenny, stay loving him <3

A psychotic person doesn't have a conscience, something Kenny had. Also showing remorse for his past actions, something he also did. They also don't just calm down after something psychotic they did

• I don't hate Shel, i rarely "hate" anyone but im just not a fan. Didn't particular like her story.

Oh, okay; Different strokes.

I found Russell's story the most interesting, i guess Wyatt's one as well.

I can see that, though Wyatt himself is easily one of my least favorite characters.

Despised Bonnie's story and it annoyed me that out of all the characters, she was the one that got the main part for Season 2. I'd hoped it would have been someone else

Eh...I guess? Idk, maybe it's because of how(like Lilly and Arvo) her story felt the most like a hook as well as generally being an okay character in my eyes, but I sometimes feel like Bonnie gets a worse rap than she actually deserves; it's almost like an over-generalization in regards to her flaws or something(which can be said for a number of characters, actually.

I don't hate Shel, i rarely "hate" anyone but im just not a fan. Didn't particular like her story. I found Russell's story the most interest

• edited April 2017

I get you love Bonnie for some reason, but let us please hate Bonnie lol.
    I hate that lying junkie, perhaps because I knew such garbage peoples in real world.

She stole all of the supplies and left an 11-year old girl and an infant to die. In my book she is the lowest in the Walking Dead universe.

I don't hate Shel, i rarely "hate" anyone but im just not a fan. Didn't particular like her story. Oh, okay; Different strokes.

• edited April 2017

Wild Bonbon appeared!(Btw, was that name on purpose?)

Okay, dude, I'm gonna have to ask you to not seem so narrow-eyed and judgmental in tone about that: I said I think she's an okay character, after all. Either way, just because I don't love/hate a character as much as others do isn't call for a warcry. Unless you really want to add something to the conversation(which hasn't really started yet, lol),that is.

I get you love Bonnie for some reason, but let us please hate Bonnie lol. I hate that lying junkie, perhaps because I knew such garbage peo

• edited April 2017

Seems like you are an easy target to manipulative dorks like Bonnie in real world lol.
    It's ok, we can't change our minds...

And warcry? Ehh I see you are one who always defend Bonnie fiercely when peoples write her story is despisable.

Just saying...

Wild Bonbon appeared!(Btw, was that name on purpose?) Okay, dude, I'm gonna have to ask you to not seem so narrow-eyed and judgmental in

• Seems like you are an easy target to manipulative dorks like Bonnie in real world lol.

I can't help but take some form of offense from comments that are toned like that. Nonetheless, maybe when I finally get back to my 3rd playthrough, I'll keep an eye out for that type of thing, but if there's any character I'd describe as manipulative off the top of my head, Bonnie wouldn't be in the top 20.

And warcry? Ehh I see you are one who always defend Bonnie fiercely when peoples write her story is despisable.

I just mean that your comment(s) came off as being on the offensive, is all. I'm willing to defend her when I feel it's really applicable because she honestly doesn't seem like she's a bad gal, just a bit of a bad gal, if you know what I mean.

Seems like you are an easy target to manipulative dorks like Bonnie in real world lol. It's ok, we can't change our minds... And warcry?

• Overrated: definitely Clementine, look she's a good child character but come on, people are way too crazy about her

Underrated: eh No one really comes to mind, I like Conrad quite a bit I guess.

• Ok if you say so.

My experience with the gameplays always gave me the despisable feeling to play Bonnie or having Bonnie around me.

You may dislike a person like 400 days Nate for example, and I may like him.
    I simply dislike Bonnie and you can't change this.

Like I don't understand the hate to Gabriel.
    I think he is a good boy lol. But I don't blame peoples for disliking Gabriel.

Seems like you are an easy target to manipulative dorks like Bonnie in real world lol. I can't help but take some form of offense fr

• I didn't realise it was months ago sorry. Someone else obviously brought the thread alive again.

El chapo posted: »

Bro look at the date, two months ago this shit died, I cbf with this honestly, you love Kenny, stay loving him

• edited April 2017

You may dislike a person like 400 days Nate for example, and I may like him.

Well, Wyatt and especially Justin come to mind.

Like I don't understand the hate to Gabriel.
    I think he is a good boy lol. But I don't blame peoples for disliking Gabriel.

Agreed. In my top 3/4 ANF characters.

Ok if you say so. My experience with the gameplays always gave me the despisable feeling to play Bonnie or having Bonnie around me. Yo

• over-rated: Clem, Carley, Kenny, Jane
    underrated: Duck, Doug, pretty much every other character in season 2

• Eh, just about.

Bonbomb posted: »

over-rated: Clem, Carley, Kenny, Jane underrated: Duck, Doug, pretty much every other character in season 2

• ^

This. I'm still pretty mad because of how they handled his character. I chose to save Pete in the end of Episode 1 and never regretted it because I emjoyed every moment spent with him.

Rock114 posted: »

I'll say that Pete in Season 2 was pretty underrated. That guy was the closest thing Season 2 had to a "Lee" type character. Not necessarily

• I agree, I don't see why everyone ignores the possible character development for gabe.

Overrated: Molly, Kenny Underrated: Gabriel, Arvo

• Because he's not Mariana and Eleanor & Javier ship teased him with Clementine.

I agree, I don't see why everyone ignores the possible character development for gabe.

• Since a new frontier is the newest instalment, I'll just work off of that one. I also don't have any overrated characters atm
    Underrated

• Javier (with his one liners and badass zombie killing moves, it's actually surprises me that he doesn't get as much credit as he deserves)
    • Gabe (he only does one thing wrong and that was a double determinant scene, meaning it only happens if you leave with Kate and let him help at the same time, other than that he isn't a screw up or a "ben 3.0". He is also a generally interesting character)

• Eleanor (I noticed how people do not seem to trust Eleanor, or that she is a bad person, but let's be honest the new frontier destroyed her home and butchered her friends, of course she isn't secretly working with him. She also seemed very willing to leave and is also quite an interesting character but everybody only seems to bat an eye at the fact that clementine doesn't trust her, so that means that nobody else shou,d trust her or care about her, but when has clem ever trusted anybody apart from Javier and his family in a new frontier?

• Agreed. Without the reasoning even.

Melton23 posted: »

Since a new frontier is the newest instalment, I'll just work off of that one. I also don't have any overrated characters atm Underrated

• Lump titty bump!

Underrated
    Kate
    Gabe?
    Eleanor
    Max
    Joan?

Overrated
    Tripp
    Marianna
    Paul

• i'll do season 3 first:
    underrated

• gabe: i understand why he is hated, but goddamn, it shouldn't be to this extent. every character in the game will screw up at some point, including some of the overrated characters, but people linger on his more.
    • eleanor: at least right now, we don't know why she snitched.
    • david: sure, he's hotheaded, but he genuinely cares about his family.
      overrated

• marianna: she is basically clem 2.0, so we would pretty much have the exact same arc. she was intended to be killed. who the fuck cares, the writers intended gabe to live for a reason.

• tripp: he's really bland lmao
    • kate: she's not incredibly popular on the forums, and she is pretty mixed,but i still have seen many that like her. she hasn't really impacted anything other than being a love interest for javi and telling everyone to leave david.
  • i'll do one for the game as a whole as well:
    overrated: luke, kenny (not really on forums, but everywhere else) marianna
    underrated: nick, sarah (i don't understand the hate for her whatsoever, she was a sweet little girl with ptsd that did nothing wrong. i would've loved to see her grow)

• For ANF only
    Overrated - Marianna and Kate
    Underrated - Max, Lonnie and Gabe

• I couldn't agree more. Well, I could but there are a few things that don't quite.

i'll do season 3 first: underrated * gabe: i understand why he is hated, but goddamn, it shouldn't be to this extent. every character

• Underrated: Eleanor
    Overrated: Javier's whole family...

• Lonnie?

For ANF only Overrated - Marianna and Kate Underrated - Max, Lonnie and Gabe

• How can Marianna be overrated or underrated? She has one conversation with Javier before getting killed.

• You were the one who was saying that Eleanor was "manipulative and sneaky" and I confronted you about it. You also said that she never cared about Javier and his family. What made you change your mind now?

Melton23 posted: »

Since a new frontier is the newest instalment, I'll just work off of that one. I also don't have any overrated characters atm Underrated

• I know right!?

Bonbomb posted: »

How can Marianna be overrated or underrated? She has one conversation with Javier before getting killed.

• Maybe because I posted that comment before episode 4 was released?

Fangirl101 posted: »

You were the one who was saying that Eleanor was "manipulative and sneaky" and I confronted you about it. You also said that she never cared about Javier and his family. What made you change your mind now?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.