The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• They definitely didn't have a good plan, however Eleanor went about trying to get them to change it the wrong way, instead of trying to get them to fully realize what they were about to do she tried to tell them the NF weren't that bad when everyone there had a traumatic experience happen due to the NF. So instead of trying to get them to change the plan or helping them she decides to go on her own over their heads and alert Joan with what was going to happen.

And look what happened then

DabigRG posted: »

More like she didn't want them executing what basically amounted to a public assassination during a trial for someone whose been set up as a

• Did you read the sentence below?

Melton23 posted: »

Just like she cared when she sold them out to Joan, who wanted them dead?

• edited May 2017

Joan, who wanted them dead?

Did she? I know this is a problem with the story in and of itself, but I never really got a decent idea of what Joan's immediate goal was, much less what she wanted to do with Javier and his group.

• She was willing to just let Kate and Gabe chill in the hospital aside from informing them of David's "treachery," complete with the guards only focusing on Javier if you try to leave with Kate and not even bothering to try and go after her.
    • She didn't seem particularly hostile when she visited him in the brothers' cell, at least from what I've seen. Her beef was specifically with David, who she threatened with professional sounding lingo.
    • She has him, Clementine, and Gabe at gunpoint amongst the crowd from presumably the moment they arrived, but only had them go on the offensive to push Javi into choosing between Ava and Tripp, for the sake of making him look bad to either his own group or David's side of things.
    • She was fine with Clint suggesting they simply exile the group instead of executing them, if only because she could gloat that that meant the herd might kill them. Of course, if Javier actually takes the deal, she tries to object but is put in her place by Clint, so I have no clue what her goal was here.

I don't know, Joan in this episode definitely struck me as playing a gamblin game with politics for the sake of proving a point more than anything. Which is admittedly a kinda neat strategy for a villain in this setup, but I just wish they synched it up better with the desperate extremist characterization she had in the previous episode.

Just like she cared when she sold them out to Joan, who wanted them dead?

• She sides with clint because she knows there is a herd of walkers outside that will most likely give them a worse death than what she could ever give them.

Joan, who wanted them dead? Did she? I know this is a problem with the story in and of itself, but I never really got a decent idea

• Eleanor: purple-sneaky and manipulative, mixture between good and evil.

I disagree about Eleanor. Don't let that one action speak for her, when she's done only good things, like @DabigRG said.
    Also, purple is not evil. It represents imagination and spirtuality. People with this personality color are gente, creative, idealistic, introverted(most of the time), dislike being involved in arguments and is a dreamer. It basically represents Mariana. Though I agree that she can be yellow, which represents happiness.

Gabe: red-anger

This one is legit haha.

Javier: White-leadership Clementine: orange-mixture of anger but yet light and hope (I just mixed red and yellow, being anger and happines

• What's all this shit about Clementine's father not being her real dad? I keep hearing about it, but when has this ever been referenced in the games?

• Never. One TTG employee "hinted" ONCE that we never saw Clementine's father. And technically we haven't, only once as a walker, and once on a photo. Never in an actual scene; alive.
    And people take it as if there's gonna be some revelation as to who her real dad is.
    Ed is, we just haven't seen him alive is all.

Besides, I don't get either why people talk that... crap.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

What's all this shit about Clementine's father not being her real dad? I keep hearing about it, but when has this ever been referenced in the games?

• Why do you think I said she was purple because she was a mixture of good and evil?

Fangirl101 posted: »

Eleanor: purple-sneaky and manipulative, mixture between good and evil. I disagree about Eleanor. Don't let that one action speak fo

• edited May 2017

She was never evil. I disagree about her being manipulative and sneaky.

Why do you think I said she was purple because she was a mixture of good and evil?

• Well good people don't sell out their friends.

She was never evil. I disagree about her being manipulative and sneaky.

• Lee is either blue or green.
    I am not sure about Javier, though. I'd say orange since he seems sociable, outgoing and active in the past, given his celebrity status, but losing his father, mother and uncle definetely changed him.

HammyShow posted: »

Javier and Lee's color was white because they were playable characters Because as playable characters, they must be neutral/characters can be shaped dependent on players' will? Maybe that's why their subtitles' color was white.

• Except maybe he wasn't a revolutionary, maybe just some guy the Oberson pissed off

Cause Molly has already gotten flak for being out of place to a near-Sue-ish already; add in her being the daughter of this revolutionary who killed their oppressor and it'd be even more obnoxious.

• As the person above me said, it's a rather trivial comment that was intentionally vague done by one Telltale employee. So take this with a grain of salt, and it probably isn't true/canon.

But who knows--it might end up being, I don't particularly mind anymore since I only care about seasons 1 and 2 Clem, and don't consider season 3's Clem an actual canon continuation.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

What's all this shit about Clementine's father not being her real dad? I keep hearing about it, but when has this ever been referenced in the games?

• edited May 2017
    1. When Conrad prepares to leave the group in EP4, one of the things you can say to him is "get the hell out." How does Conrad respond to this and is there a video of it?

2. In S1, how was Chuck able to become acquainted with the rest of the group in the short amount of time it took to detach the train?

• He probably just introduced himself quickly, then maybe they mentioned Lee getting the train started, so he went looking for him.

BC_Guy posted: »

* When Conrad prepares to leave the group in EP4, one of the things you can say to him is "get the hell out." How does Conrad respond to thi

• I said that. Hell, Gabe and Clementine make sure you get it.

She sides with clint because she knows there is a herd of walkers outside that will most likely give them a worse death than what she could ever give them.

• That'd be gray, which doesn't really apply to her anyway.

Why do you think I said she was purple because she was a mixture of good and evil?

• Have you ever thought of the possibility of Joan threatening her??

Well good people don't sell out their friends.

• Funny how Joan told us that Eleanor went to her about javier's plan and not the other way around. Just goes to show how many ppl pay no attention to the story,

Have you ever thought of the possibility of Joan threatening her??

• Cause Jane just casually namedrops Jaime(you know, the arcword for her motivation and backstory) as if it's no biggie once during that scene and then goes over to join everyone else around the campfire where they have banter about how she and Luke did it that one time--you know, the incident where Luke supposed to be on watch and thus the herd caught everyone off guard, Rebecca is implied to have nearly miscarriaged, and Sarah ended up dying.

Basically, there's no character development for Jane to be had regarding the whole Sarah Situation and the incident that canonically gets her killed is just looked back on as being good for laughs.

How did the power generator scene have anything to do with Sarah?

• edited May 2017

Repeats

What type of Singer do you think each character is?

What are Mark, The St. Johns, Jolene, Vernon, Brie, the Stranger, the 400 Days Characters, Michelle, the Ski Lodge Group, Troy, and the Russian Group's Temperaments?

What character fits which part of the Freudian Trio(Ego, Superego, Id)?

Who voiced Buricko and Natasha?

What characters would choose to believe in either Romanticism or Enlightment? (For those who understandably don't know what the fuck I'm talking about even with a google search, here's some generalizations:
    Romanism= Chaos, Emotions, Nature, Magic, Harmony, Good/Evi, Play, Strength;
    Enlightment= Order, Logic, Nurture, Science, Discipline, Gray/Grey, Work, Skill.)
    Has anyone ever asked about what influenced the handling of Clementine and the player character in ANF?

@Deltino (Hopefully, you won't have to get used to that any time soon) Concerning your post about the Four Temperaments, any particular reason you listed Molly and Jane the way you did rather than the other way around?

A point I raised in reference to the flashbacks themselves, but I'll ask it regarding the endings: Do you think it would've made sense if there was an alternate Jane ending similar to the leave with Kenny one?

Does anyone know what Carver was saying to Reggie in the greenhouse?

Had Sarah lived past the Observation Deck Defense and maybe even the Russian Shotout, who do you think she would've sided with in the in-group disputes, if anyone?

• edited May 2017

[removed]

• Um, if Conrad is alive (he is in my game) Eleanor is hesitant and unsure about it. She says "That's.... that's right." like she was forced to say that which tells me Joan threatened her.
    It seems that you should be the one paying attention.

Funny how Joan told us that Eleanor went to her about javier's plan and not the other way around. Just goes to show how many ppl pay no attention to the story,

• Because that makes so much sense when you kill Conrad and she says "that's right" confidently. And she sounded unsure because nobody did her any wrong but she even admitted in the apartment that she wanted to stay in Richmond, and the whole group disagreed. Sooooo pay more attention ;)

Um, if Conrad is alive (he is in my game) Eleanor is hesitant and unsure about it. She says "That's.... that's right." like she was forced to say that which tells me Joan threatened her. It seems that you should be the one paying attention.

• You can't change my opinion. ;)

Because that makes so much sense when you kill Conrad and she says "that's right" confidently. And she sounded unsure because nobody did her

• What happens if you don't cover the hatch in Ties That Bind Part 1? Does Max find Kate, Gabe and Mariana?

• Nothing changes at all.

What happens if you don't cover the hatch in Ties That Bind Part 1? Does Max find Kate, Gabe and Mariana?

• For your first question you can watch Gameoverent alternative choices walktrough.

BC_Guy posted: »

* When Conrad prepares to leave the group in EP4, one of the things you can say to him is "get the hell out." How does Conrad respond to thi

• For people who shot Conrad and chose for Ava to live, how are you planning to handle Tripp going forward? Can things ever be friendly with him again, or is Tripp going to take his first opportunity to fuck us over?

• Does anyone know what Carver was saying to Reggie in the greenhouse?

No, but we can only assume he was reiterating his failures in managing.

Had Sarah lived past the Observation Deck Defense and maybe even the Russian Shotout, who do you think she would've sided with in the in-group disputes, if anyone?

Sarah said she would never want to hurt anyone even when she's angry, so I don't exactly know, but with Clem's influence and her father being deceased, Sarah may have sided with Kenny (Clem determinantly, which I was against Arvo personally on a side note, you know this though :^)).

Repeats What type of Singer do you think each character is? What are Mark, The St. Johns, Jolene, Vernon, Brie, the Stranger, the 400

• Between 400 Days and Season 2, about a year and a half has passed.

Pink ones. Only pink ones. Kenny would not be a pony. He would be a Unicorn.

Yeah, that's why I don't blame Gabe for attacking him. He was going to open the door anyway.

If we're talking specifically the game, than Carver is a pretty great villain in my book. First off, his voice is Michael Madsen..... so points. He seems relatively stable compared to the other villains. I like to see villains that are complex and not one note. In the future, I would like to Nate as the villain. He's such an interesting character. After ANF, I think we need a break from fighting giant groups. Just one man as the villain could be really interesting.

A one note character is someone who has a singular motivation, personality and action. For instance, a generic henchman. A 3D character is someone whose motivations aren't always clear, has a unique personality and who can be unpredictable. For instance, Negan.

Sorry, can't help you with the stats

They never really say. Many assume he was the leader, but judging by how he isn't completely broken about Prescott being destroyed, I would say he's more like a sheriff. I don't know for sure though.

Repeats How much time had passed between 400 Days and Season 2? What type of pony would each character be? Who would be a non-pony?

• Sarah may have sided with Kenny (Clem determinantly, which I was against Arvo personally on a side note, you know this though :^)).

Yeah, I definitely got that thought myself.

Spodes posted: »

Does anyone know what Carver was saying to Reggie in the greenhouse? No, but we can only assume he was reiterating his failures in m

• edited May 2017

Kenny would not be a pony. He would be a Unicorn.

If anything, I'd say Kenny would be an Earth Pony myself, but perhaps you have a good reasoning.

If we're talking specifically the game, than Carver is a pretty great villain in my book. First off, his voice is Michael Madsen..... so points. He seems relatively stable compared to the other villains. I like to see villains that are complex and not one note.

:grimace:

Between 400 Days and Season 2, about a year and a half has passed. Pink ones. Only pink ones. Kenny would not be a pony. He would be a Un

• Why was VengefulKenny banned?

• why were so many people banned? i was offline for just a few hours and then i return to see like five people banned lmao

Spodes posted: »

Why was VengefulKenny banned?

• edited May 2017

Lol ya I know. I liked him. The one I was waiting for to get banned was that bonbon guy that was very rude to everyone.

why were so many people banned? i was offline for just a few hours and then i return to see like five people banned lmao

• She got banned as well.

Connora711 posted: »

Lol ya I know. I liked him. The one I was waiting for to get banned was that bonbon guy that was very rude to everyone.

• why exactly did she get banned? i just now saw her as problematic idk why i never saw what went down

• edited May 2017

She was considerably rude to people. I made a topic about the engine and she goes on to tell me how my PC is shit (which it isn't) and how hers is superior to everyone else's. But that comment got deleted because the mods on this site are fantastic!

why exactly did she get banned? i just now saw her as problematic idk why i never saw what went down

• ew all i was really aware of was the fact that she shat on peoples' opinions like please shut the fuck up and let these poor children live

She was considerably rude to people. I made a topic about the engine and she goes on to tell me how my PC is shit (which it isn't) and how hers is superior to everyone else's. But that comment got deleted because the mods on this site are fantastic!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.