what games are you playing?

Comments

• Anybody else planning on getting Zombie Chronicles for Black Ops III?

• I know uncharted is tomb raider like with the exploring etc isnt it?

Nope. Uncharted is based on Indiana Jones franchise and it has great characters with amazing voice-acting and great story.

Megumin posted: »

Thanks for the reply @joel5_b & @Acheive250 (lol you spelt achieve wrong) I've had Horizon: Zero Dawn recommended so I will most likely go for that next! I know uncharted is tomb raider like with the exploring etc isnt it?

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited May 2017

Dragon Age II has the distinction of being the game which has made me hate a video game character more than I ever have.

Which character do you hate, and why is it Anders?

Johro posted: »

Haven't played the Dragon Age series? The first game probably has the best narrative of either franchise, but it also has a different com

edited May 2017

Getting back into webdiplomacy! I might just get my first solo-victory as France soon. Just took Italy and Germany's last supply centers this turn.

http://webdiplomacy.net/cache/games/1965/196596/16-small.map?nocache=51825

It's a fantastic little "free time" game, if you like war games, negotiation and a bit of backstabbing.

• I'm finishing Fallout 4 now

• edited May 2017

The Tomb Raider series is pretty good too. Lara Croft became quite an interesting character in Rise of the Tomb Raider, and the story for both (Reboot - Rise) are pretty good (With Rise of the Tomb Raider being co-written by Sean Vanaman), but the voice acting isn't always the best...

AronDracula posted: »

I know uncharted is tomb raider like with the exploring etc isnt it? Nope. Uncharted is based on Indiana Jones franchise and it has great characters with amazing voice-acting and great story.

• Yes. I was purposely avoiding it because the person hasn't played the game yet. It's not just what he did, it's that damn choice after of either forgiving him or playing the rest of the game shorthanded. That made it worse.

edited May 2017

Ad Victorium, initiate.

Qunighel posted: »

I'm finishing Fallout 4 now

• I've been replaying Alan Wake. It's been fun revisiting Bright Falls.

enter image description hereenter image description here

• Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls are two games you will probably like since you're a fan of Telltale. You can get them in a collection for $40 in the Playstation store. The company who made those games are making another game called Detroit: Become Human that'll be a PS4 exclusive. Some other games I'd recommend are Until Dawn, The Last Guardian & Horizon: Zero Dawn. :)

Megumin posted: »

Recently got a PS4, so playing some PS console only games finally The Last of Us and NieR Automata. Currently waiting on Persona 5. Also got Prey with the console but only played around an hour. Any exclusive PS4 games let me know

• edited May 2017

Funny that Lara Croft's VA won the best performance of 2015 and I'm not a fan of her voice-acting

Also, shit. I didn't notice Sean Vanaman wrote the sequel.

Acheive250 posted: »

The Tomb Raider series is pretty good too. Lara Croft became quite an interesting character in Rise of the Tomb Raider, and the story for bo

• I think Lara's VA did a pretty good job, but the supporting cast was kinda... Meh. Especially the ones that read out the journals...

Oh, and Sean Vanaman only helped with the story, he didn't write it entirely. Still pretty cool, though. Have you played the sequel?

Funny that Lara Croft's VA won the best performance of 2015 and I'm not a fan of her voice-acting Also, shit. I didn't notice Sean Vanaman wrote the sequel.

• Not yet. I did play the reboot though but is the sequel better than the original?

I think Lara's VA did a pretty good job, but the supporting cast was kinda... Meh. Especially the ones that read out the journals... Oh,

• It's a good game but I hate it compared to the first games. The gameplay is cool but the story and characters suck.

Ooh, yes. Forgot about that one. Infamous Second Son is pretty good, too.

• Hmm, the sequel definitely does some things better than the original, but I think the 2013 game is superior.

The story for the reboot is better than Rise in my opinion, also it's a lot longer than Rise. The sequel does add some pretty cool new traversal elements, but the weapon system is mostly the same. I think the first couple of hours of Rise are the most exciting out of the game. There is a larger focus on survival and scavenging in the game play than the original, but Lara doesn't really struggle to survive or adapt to her environment in Rise like she did in the 2013 game.

Rise also had a couple of twists that made me stop and think "Wait, what? How?". If you play it, you'll know which one I'm talking about. The story focuses more on Lara and her family than the previous game as well, which I enjoyed. But I think the story of how she became a hardened survivor is better.

So, to sum it up: Rise isn't at all a bad game, it's really good and I enjoyed it, just not as much as the original. Would I recommend it? Definitely. Especially if you liked the reboot. I think I'd give Rise of the Tomb Raider a 8/10.

Well, sorry for the longer-than-necessary post. Hope that answered your questions.

Not yet. I did play the reboot though but is the sequel better than the original?

• I heard enough

Hmm, the sequel definitely does some things better than the original, but I think the 2013 game is superior. The story for the reboot is

• edited May 2017

Haven't finished it yet and it was quite a while ago that I played the originals, so I can't really remember the story for those ones.

But yeah, Delsin is kind of generic.

It's a good game but I hate it compared to the first games. The gameplay is cool but the story and characters suck.

• edited May 2017

Well, then... Sooorrryyyy.

Don't ask me to review another game again.

I heard enough

• edited May 2017

Ah no no, sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.

Well, then... Sooorrryyyy. Don't ask me to review another game again.

• I was just joking with my last comment, it's fine.

Ah no no, sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.

• Yes!!

I've been replaying Alan Wake. It's been fun revisiting Bright Falls.

• I tried playing Dragon Age origins recently, and was quite enjoying it actually, but I stopped playing after 20 or so hours, because I was getting frustrated with my entire team getting oneshot by fireballs, guess I must have been doing something wrong

Johro posted: »

Haven't played the Dragon Age series? The first game probably has the best narrative of either franchise, but it also has a different com

• Guardians of the Galaxy: The TellTale Series

• edited May 2017

Right now I'm playing SteamWorld Heist. It's basically a 2D XCOM, where you manually aim the guns of your squadmates. Really fun and it cost me only 1 buck on Humble Bundle, so definitely worth the price. :P

• Oh. cool! I've been playing that game too on the 3DS. I bought it when it was on sale a while ago and only recently started playing it. I'm quite enjoying it so far.

Pipas posted: »

Right now I'm playing SteamWorld Heist. It's basically a 2D XCOM, where you manually aim the guns of your squadmates. Really fun and it cost me only 1 buck on Humble Bundle, so definitely worth the price. :P

• Still playing Diplomqcy (settled for a draw in that game I posted earlier) and now Stardew Valley.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/f9/f998a36e3d505039d7ebae09c9b9d86fb92601a126a72d725553072513f3b59d.jpg

• LA Noire, and waiting for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier to get fixed so I can finally play episode 4!!

• I played the demo for that, was quite disappointed so glad I didn't buy the full episode. Does it get any better further into the game?

JPRocks14 posted: »

Guardians of the Galaxy: The TellTale Series

• edited May 2017

Life is Strange 2's in the making!! Excited!

Bluebirdo posted: »

(within the past year...) Team Fortress 2 Borderlands 2 & TPS Oxenfree Life is Strange Firewatch Minecraft Dear Esther (trying t

• edited May 2017

That's alot of games lol. Tales from the Bordelands and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier are amazing in my opinion.

Joonlar posted: »

Recently completed: Teltale's Batman Pneuma: Breath of Life Currently Playing: Overwatch Oxenfree Resident Evil REmake The Banner

• Decided to give The Elder Scrolls Online a shot.

First MMO I've played for more than, literally, five minutes.

I kind of like it. No voice chat, just text. The community has been good with knowing when you need help and when to leave you alone. I have been asked to join a couple groups, but other than that, no one's been annoying me with small talk. In fact, in 4 hours, those are the only 2 times someone chatted my way at all.

That's how I like it to stay.

• Been playing Fire Emblem Echoes off and on since it came out, while I think the story is pretty decent, I'm not addicted like I was to Awakening and Fates. To be perfectly honest the lack of the in depth support system (it's very basic in this) and pairing of units does kinda kill it for me. I guess I was actually only in it for the "waifus" all along.

• Just finished the Last of Us and no longer know what to do with my life.

• edited June 2017

Feeling dead on the inside, wondering what's even the point of anything anymore?

Just finished the Last of Us and no longer know what to do with my life.

• Just bought Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines off the summer sale and I'm really enjoying it so far. It reminds me a lot of Deus Ex if the cyborgs were replaced with vampires.

• Yes nice game but can't stand the loading times on the PS4 takes soooo long...;),I got the game cos it reminds me of Fable,love those games(1,2 and 3),made by the people of Black and White.Lionhead.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Witcher 3. Loving the given content and choices of it.

• Just finished TWD season 3 and I enjoyed it(dam I killed Kate),Need more please..:) Will have to play season 1 and 2 on my xbox 360 now...::)

• Im still playing risen 3 I missed 5 trophies in my first play through so started a second time

• Life is strange, fifa 17, uncharted

Sign in to comment in this discussion.