Walking Fan Art of the DEAD... (New and Improved)

Comments

• I think they meant that Kate/Grace was held captive together with Mariana and Gabe, not David.

DabigRG posted: »

They probably scrapped it when David was created. Apparently, David was around to be in some of the earliest concepts involving Javier as a New Frontier member, unless Mr/Ms. Adam/Alyssa misspoke

• Probably, but still worth noting they named him instead in that post.

Fangirl101 posted: »

I think they meant that Kate/Grace was held captive together with Mariana and Gabe, not David.

• Yeah, I know.
    I could be wrong though! Probably Kate didn't exist in early stages of development.

Probably, but still worth noting they named him instead in that post.

• Eh, probably.

Yeah, I know. I could be wrong though! Probably Kate didn't exist in early stages of development.

• I'm just going to be a critic here, not trying to bash your work or anything, just gonna tell you whats wrong and why so you can learn from it.

If I put my hand over the bottom part of the face it looks pretty good, the eyebrows and eyes are actually very well done and so are the hat and hair, it's not the shading but the proportions that are off.

I can tell right away that the face is way too stretched, if I copy the eyes into a new layer and scale the rest of the face down vertically by about 15/20% it looks way better, the shape of the cheekbone on the left is a bit too present making her look manly, the mouth is drawn well but placed a little too low and the nose looks flat because of those two white lines the move down in a straight line.

Like I said, the shading looks fine for the most part, it's the proportions and placement of the nose, mouth etc that just isn't right.

Personally I don't begin the actuall drawing process untill I'm satisfied with the placement of the eyes/nose/mouth etc, use light lines and shapes to decide what goes where, compare them to the original and if it's not right just crumple it up and start over untill it is, don't waste hours of your time shading something that is never going to look right, if the propotions are off it will never look good.

Hope this helps.

I'm not happy with how it turned out but after spending two and a half hours on it I'd feel shitty for not sharing it. I can't put my finge

• edited June 2017

Ah, don't mind him. He doesn't go for conventionally attractive girls.
    Me, I had a half spanish little sister, and Mariana kinda reminds me of her.

She is and I love her! But DabigRG doesn't like her very much.

• That alternate timeline where Lilly stalked the group and wasn't able to save them, so she took Clementine's hat in their memory.

I'm not happy with how it turned out but after spending two and a half hours on it I'd feel shitty for not sharing it. I can't put my finge

• Hmmm nope, it's purely my own idea, but I'm not sure if I want to make one, I suck at it...

Is this part of a fanfiction?

• edited June 2017

You're doing fanfiction... with actual models from the game? Well, that's different. For sure, damn.

Makes me think, someone dedicated enough could remake the ENTIRE New Frontier season into a comic if they wanted. Treat it the right way, expand it, give it time to breathe in graphic/prose form. And of course fix all the major issues that made it so disappointing.
    But I'll be a monkey's uncle if something like that'll happen.

Jayroen posted: »

More comic, for all ya'll. Previous stuff. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 New stuff. I just picked some random lumbe

• I believe there's something similar with the 400 Days characters out there.

Louche posted: »

You're doing fanfiction... with actual models from the game? Well, that's different. For sure, damn. Makes me think, someone dedicated en

• Starring Gabriel Garcia as Mariana and himself.

HammyShow posted: »

Alternate universe (again), when Mariana is still alive...(Mariana and Gabe are currently 14 & 17 respectively) I don't know why, but I always thought that Mari seems more wiser than her big brother...

• edited June 2017

Shit, really? I don't think so but if there is, I got to see it.

I know there's that big "epic" one by that guy... into the fray and it's sequels, probably the prime-o 400 days fanfiction. But I think that just has title cards drawn up and maybe a mocked-up/edited model or two, (I saw one of Becca with a scar, spoilers)I never saw any word of that having a comic.

I believe there's something similar with the 400 Days characters out there.

• Well, some time ago in the Details thread it was said that David didn't exist in the original version and that it was a known fact.

Eh, probably.

• Too much work, not doing that,although I agree it would be awesome. =D

You're doing fanfiction... with actual models from the game? Well, that's different. For sure, damn. Makes me think, someone dedicated en

• What?? So you're saying that I mistakenly made them somewhat look the same?

My bad ;)

Starring Gabriel Garcia as Mariana and himself.

• Not sure if there's a point in posting these here anymore, the forums are kinda dead anyways.
    Oh well. =D

enter image description here

Uploaded here.

• edited June 2017

No, no, no... I don't mind any criticism, I appreciate it, actually and wow, you're totally right! It is definitely stretched, I just checked it out myself. I didn't draw any light lines to make the proportions right.
    I think the biggest problem in my drawings is that I don't take my time to do the more important, yet boring part. I just draw a quick sketch, and I go straight to shading.
    I'm going to listen to your advice in the future, I won't rush my drawings anymore. This is definitely going to help. Thank you so much dude!

I'm just going to be a critic here, not trying to bash your work or anything, just gonna tell you whats wrong and why so you can learn from

• Yeah it's a chore I know, I used to go straight to drawing details too, I could show you some of my old drawings and the proportions are all wrong in every single one of them.

Now I take my time and make sure everything is right before I start, it really pays off.

No, no, no... I don't mind any criticism, I appreciate it, actually and wow, you're totally right! It is definitely stretched, I just checke

• edited June 2017

I remember doing that before, I didn't get into details that much, but it still made my drawings a lot better, that's probably why my older drawings look a lot cooler.

I'm not a very patient person, that's all. I guess I'm gonna have to torture myself in the future by drawing those light line sketches, but it should be worth it.
    Again, thank you for noticing the flaw. I realized that something was wrong with it, but I really couldn't put my finger on it. I'm gonna be paying a lot more attention to this in my future drawings.

Yeah it's a chore I know, I used to go straight to drawing details too, I could show you some of my old drawings and the proportions are all

• When you scroll through the gallery and, out of nowhere, a shirtless Ava appears...

Not sure if there's a point in posting these here anymore, the forums are kinda dead anyways. Oh well. =D Uploaded here.

• That last picture reminds me of the Dark Knight Rises poster and I love it!

Not sure if there's a point in posting these here anymore, the forums are kinda dead anyways. Oh well. =D Uploaded here.

• Honestly, this really does look like Lilly lmao

That alternate timeline where Lilly stalked the group and wasn't able to save them, so she took Clementine's hat in their memory.

• Oh... Phew....

I thought you were talking about the picture I was talking about.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

That last picture reminds me of the Dark Knight Rises poster and I love it!

• oh god no...

Oh... Phew.... I thought you were talking about the picture I was talking about.

• I thought about making a whole The Walking Dead story with everyone in the forum, but it would be complicated.

• Why not?

When you scroll through the gallery and, out of nowhere, a shirtless Ava appears...

• edited June 2017

Exactly. Just keep being you. :)

Why not?

• Oh okay, then. ^^'
    I am sorry about your sister. :(

Ah, don't mind him. He doesn't go for conventionally attractive girls. Me, I had a half spanish little sister, and Mariana kinda reminds me of her.

• Oh, is that why that misleading screenshot of Javier investigating with Gabe and Mariana(in [one of] her only appearances in promotional material) was among the first released?

Well, some time ago in the Details thread it was said that David didn't exist in the original version and that it was a known fact.

• Oh, okay. That was what I was referring to.

Shit, really? I don't think so but if there is, I got to see it. I know there's that big "epic" one by that guy... into the fray and it's

• :joy:

So glad that totally was the case.

HammyShow posted: »

What?? So you're saying that I mistakenly made them somewhat look the same? My bad

• That 3rd one is kinda silly.

• Now that I saw bae with her hair down my life is complete. :D

Glossy Brunette.

• i dunno

Oh, is that why that misleading screenshot of Javier investigating with Gabe and Mariana(in [one of] her only appearances in promotional material) was among the first released?

• edited June 2017

• Nice pic.

Though, she spelled Garcia wrong.

• I wanted both Mari and Gabe to make it out alive.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I disagree.

• In her username? Probably she did it on purpose because there are other people with similar usernames.
    When I was making an account my "Fangirl101" username was taken.

Nice pic. Though, she spelled Garcia wrong.

• Ummm... are you suspecting me of something? :grin:

Hmm.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.