GOTG Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Rated by Aus and NZ, Releasing Nov 7th, Trailer Out Now

InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
edited November 2017 in Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy

Please use this thread for discussion about game release dates and/or discussion about the wait for the next episode. Thanks!

Release Dates

• PC - November 7th
  • Playstation 4 - November 7th
  • Xbox One - November 7th
  • iOS - November 7th
  • Android - November 7th

News

November 1st

October 19th

October 16th:

• Update on Marvel website:
    • Marvel.com: There’s just one episode remaining, what can you tell us about the upcoming finale? Is there any one part of the story’s conclusion that you’re most excited to share with players?
      Justin Lambros: I couldn’t be more excited about the final episode. The team building it worked on the early episodes of the project, so they’re carrying a lot of passion and knowledge for what’s come before in the series. It’s a very complex, branched episode that really aims to pay off on the character choices and consequences from the series in a big way. And without spoiling anything, I’m most excited about how we’ve kept the big final choice that we had planned from the early stages of pre-production and also added some more branched content and new moments that we didn’t even conceive of at the earliest points. So, I’m hoping that whatever content the players get, they feel a strong emotional attachment to what they’ve decided for these characters, and, hopefully they get to save the galaxy as well.

Visit the Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread for off topic chat!

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community! While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community?

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay, but please do not discuss story spoilers (or share videos) relevant to this particular episode inside its own Waiting Thread - Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions where people can follow news updates and see if an episode is out yet.

Be respectful of personal boundaries towards Telltale Staff members (past and present). Keep all game discussions focused on the content and not the creators. Avoid posting social media content from staff members that is not related to official and intentional game promotion. Please note that most staff members cannot directly comment on future episode release dates, upcoming episode spoilers, etc.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coming from someone who was relatively so-so about Episodes 1 through 3, I thought Episode 4 was pretty strong. You've probably already seen my posts gushing over the Queen sequence, but also, I really liked the character drama too! Drax's moment at the end of episode was legitimately pretty touching, and the choreography/cinematic/etc of that last chase scene before the end reminded me of the Tales from the Borderlands intro sequences.

I also liked the diverging ending branches, which gives me vibes of the Walking Dead 104 ending. I'm really excited to see where Telltale takes Episode 5, since 4 was pretty refreshing compared to the earlier episodes.

• Still haven’t played ep 4 yet but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen a ep 5 waiting thread. This series has been great and it makes me sad that after this episode is out this part of the forums will be almost completely dead. This game really deserved more.

• Yeah, I think it's unfortunate this game got the short end of the stick in terms of forum activity. Lots of the gameplay elements were pretty cool, but I feel that some people got resentful of another game "taking the spotlight" from A New Frontier.

Episodes 1-3 were kinda average for me but I really found Episode 4 to be a strong episode that kicked things into high gear. I hope that Episode 5 continues that good momentum and ends on a strong note.

In my episode 3, I didn't take Nebula back in, so she stayed a villain in Episode 4 - does anyone here know what happens to her by the end of this episode if she stays with the Guardians? Are there, like, multiple permutations or anything?

Creeper1846 posted: »

Still haven’t played ep 4 yet but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen a ep 5 waiting thread. This series has been great and it makes me sad tha

• I'm pretty sure she dies if she joins the Guardians no matter what, but the relationship between Gamora and Nebula can end a little differently with whether or not Nebula says she loves Gamora.

Yeah, I think it's unfortunate this game got the short end of the stick in terms of forum activity. Lots of the gameplay elements were prett

• edited October 2017

Really enjoyed episode 4. I can see why people didn't like being confined in a single location almost the entire episode, but I think this was the breather Guardians needed. It did its job as a penultimate episode should, although some could argue it was more an episode 3, but I digress the character interactions were great and the amount of interaction between cutscenes felt refreshing and justified considering the situations. A bit bummed the final outcome can either make/break a guardian instead of previous relationships but I'm curious if they can bring it back for the finale, which should be excellent. Hopefully the slower longer Penultimate doesn't mean telltale is gonna breeze through the finale in an hour. We'll see!

• edited October 2017

She always kicks the bucket, but its such an impactful scene that I didn't mind it. She isn't just forgotten and her death leans over everybody, specifically Gamora. Its one of my favorite quiet character deaths since Lee, especially if you are able to express her love for Gamora.

Yeah, I think it's unfortunate this game got the short end of the stick in terms of forum activity. Lots of the gameplay elements were prett

• I wonder if we'll be able to revive people if we kept the forge?

• Idk I empowered the forge so I still have hope for reviving Nebula. Also Drax kept wanting to dispose Nebula but obviously they didn’t so that means she’s still on the ship right?

prink34320 posted: »

I wonder if we'll be able to revive people if we kept the forge?

• This series has been great and it makes me sad that after this episode is out this part of the forums will be almost completely dead. This game really deserved more.

Ditto.
    I'm going to be really sad when this series ends. Personally, it's a diamond in the rough, and once it's gone here, it'll be gone. Hopefully Episode 5 can spark some more discussion post-release.

Still haven’t played ep 4 yet but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen a ep 5 waiting thread. This series has been great and it makes me sad tha

• edited October 2017

I would like to point out that IGN actually gave this penultimate episode an 8.6! Turns out they can enjoy an episode 4!
    But.. They gave Episode 3 a 6.8. It deserved better than that! It had some of the best group moments of the series.

• I can't believe the highest rated Telltale Penultimate episode IGN has reviewed is Guardians episode 4...Better than "Around Every Corner" OOOoooooooooohhh!!!!

AChicken posted: »

I would like to point out that IGN actually gave this penultimate episode an 8.6! Turns out they can enjoy an episode 4! But.. They gave Episode 3 a 6.8. It deserved better than that! It had some of the best group moments of the series.

• ...okay.

I can't believe the highest rated Telltale Penultimate episode IGN has reviewed is Guardians episode 4...Better than "Around Every Corner" OOOoooooooooohhh!!!!

• Plus Rocket isn't a total jerk about it too.

...I do have to admit I agreed with Drax (as a player, not Peter) to dump her body though.

She always kicks the bucket, but its such an impactful scene that I didn't mind it. She isn't just forgotten and her death leans over everyb

• Haha sorry just think its kind of funny that a series everyone is ignoring manage to break that penultimate curse. I know IGN is practically irrelevant and your own opinion should matter more anyways but not even the 4th episode of the "Holy" season 1 manage to get not more than a 7

...okay.

• True. It's weird for this game to be the one to "break the curse". And yeah, not even TWD 1 or any of the other many Telltale games in the past since then have had IGN reviews where Episode 4 is rated higher than a 7... Not that a 7 is bad, but it's been strangely consistent for the longest time.
    Maybe this can change people's opinions, given that it's the first Telltale game to do so? I doubt it.. I figured I'd post it simply because I haven't seen them rate a penultimate episode so high before.

Haha sorry just think its kind of funny that a series everyone is ignoring manage to break that penultimate curse. I know IGN is practically

• A way to revive someone at the end if the forge is empowered is that hala could die leaving a chance to bring someone back.

• Still waiting on that Player's Space episode for More Than A Feeling....

• I didn't even know EP3-4 had been released already. I'm somewhat surprised the series is almost over already.

• Yes, unless you sacrificed Drax, in which case she takes Nebula's casket with her.

Idk I empowered the forge so I still have hope for reviving Nebula. Also Drax kept wanting to dispose Nebula but obviously they didn’t so that means she’s still on the ship right?

• God god i think this episode affects episode 5 alot, And also OT was really sad.

• This game managed to break the penultimate curse? That is impressive.

I would like to point out that IGN actually gave this penultimate episode an 8.6! Turns out they can enjoy an episode 4! But.. They gave Episode 3 a 6.8. It deserved better than that! It had some of the best group moments of the series.

• Even if the season finishes with a very strong final episode, I don't want another season.

• I really agree

bthom20 posted: »

Even if the season finishes with a very strong final episode, I don't want another season.

• Why?

Even if the season finishes with a very strong final episode, I don't want another season.

• edited October 2017

Oh cool!

But too bad it's just Gamora, Hala, and Rocket+Lylla. I assume the other main characters weren't included because they might look too similar to what we have here. (Star-Lord would be similar looking, Drax as well, Groot as well, and Thanos probably too.)
    Still, to own that Test Subject Rocket and Lylla would be cool.

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/status/918899185893523457

• Just saw this officially announced by telltale. Now all we need are Lee and Clem ones. I don’t even collect these Funkos but I would pay top dollar for a Lee one.

• I'm surprised they didn't make Pops for Walking Dead, Wolf, and Tales.

Just saw this officially announced by telltale. Now all we need are Lee and Clem ones. I don’t even collect these Funkos but I would pay top dollar for a Lee one.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

And Loader Bot and Gortys, i don't collect Funko pops either but i would buy just those ones.

Just saw this officially announced by telltale. Now all we need are Lee and Clem ones. I don’t even collect these Funkos but I would pay top dollar for a Lee one.

• Make this happen, Telltale!

OzzyUK posted: »

And Loader Bot and Gortys, i don't collect Funko pops either but i would buy just those ones.

• I want that two pack!

• I was just kidding

Ravandel posted: »

Why?

• I do like this current season, but i feel like there isn't much more stories to tell with the Guardians. Even if they change minor details the plot will always feel repetitive. (in my opinion)

Ravandel posted: »

Why?

• I would definitely get the Rocket and Lylla pack despite my hatred for most funko pops...They actually don't look like soul-less bobble heads.

• My personal opinion is that having Rocket stay as a Guardian is the cooler ending, since he's literally the last person you'd expect to stay.

• But what if they decide to make a MCU with Telltale games? Like maybe they make a Spider Man game next and a Thor game, and then they make an Avengers game where they crossover!

I do like this current season, but i feel like there isn't much more stories to tell with the Guardians. Even if they change minor details the plot will always feel repetitive. (in my opinion)

• Yeah, that's my hope as well.
    Telltale and Marvel continue this partnership, and maybe we can see the Guardians again in a crossover series or something.

It just seems kinda unlikely right now.

SonicGX98 posted: »

But what if they decide to make a MCU with Telltale games? Like maybe they make a Spider Man game next and a Thor game, and then they make an Avengers game where they crossover!

• I love your idea of making a telltale MCU, that would work amazingly. So would a DCEU.

Yeah, that's my hope as well. Telltale and Marvel continue this partnership, and maybe we can see the Guardians again in a crossover series or something. It just seems kinda unlikely right now.

• Ye, he is telling almost each episode that he will leave, then he is only one who stays.

My personal opinion is that having Rocket stay as a Guardian is the cooler ending, since he's literally the last person you'd expect to stay.

• "Marvel.com: There’s just one episode remaining, what can you tell us about the upcoming finale? Is there any one part of the story’s conclusion that you’re most excited to share with players?

Justin Lambros: I couldn’t be more excited about the final episode. The team building it worked on the early episodes of the project, so they’re carrying a lot of passion and knowledge for what’s come before in the series. It’s a very complex, branched episode that really aims to pay off on the character choices and consequences from the series in a big way. And without spoiling anything, I’m most excited about how we’ve kept the big final choice that we had planned from the early stages of pre-production and also added some more branched content and new moments that we didn’t even conceive of at the earliest points. So, I’m hoping that whatever content the players get, they feel a strong emotional attachment to what they’ve decided for these characters, and, hopefully they get to save the galaxy as well."

Source: https://news.marvel.com/games/78189/marvels-guardians-galaxy-telltale-series-goes-pop/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.