Scrapped and unused audio, dialogue, animations, scenes, etc...

Comments

• If I had to guess, he was likely a placeholder for Mike, who has a mostly unused model with his hood up. Granted, I haven't seen this promo art (partly because...I don't care) but Bossman's been around long enough that I trust his judgment.

Graysonn posted: »

Yeah I don't buy the 'placeholder' argument, at least in Eddie's case.

• "cs_lastfishgetsaway" cs here means cutscene but there isn't anything like that in the files sadly. There's another section of code about this scene I probably should have included:

enter image description here

There's other stuff like that where the game references files that don't exist.

As for the beta Luke/Nick scene you're talking about:

Lilacsbloom posted: »

The Great Fish Escape, I like it T.T aw man, and we even had icons for it too!? I'm curious what percentage of that fishing sequence was com

• edited August 2017

s'Ooh...! :grimace:

I'm so glad they swapped their' headpieces.

"cs_lastfishgetsaway" cs here means cutscene but there isn't anything like that in the files sadly. There's another section of code about th

• Oh my god, hold up, hold up, hold up so...

Alvin was supposed to have another scene with Clementine at the end of the first episode where they went fishing alongside Luke and the Randalls, which would lead to a fourway final choice of who Clementine wants to go with when lurkers attack them.

Is this why the image for promoting Episode 2 is this?!

Because Luke was one of the options to go with and Telltale were just like "Let's just change the choice and keep the same promo"?!

• Would also explain why they're missing from the cabin when Clem gets back but they retconned it by saying that they both left to find Clem/Nick/Pete.

HarjKS posted: »

Oh my god, hold up, hold up, hold up so... Alvin was supposed to have another scene with Clementine at the end of the first episode wh

• What about lee? My clem killed lee

DabigRG posted: »

Well that and they probably wanted choosing to shoot Kenny to be Clementine's first.

• edited August 2017

Hmm seems like this is an ending I would like to TTG to consider if they want a tragic ending for the final season. Also reading 'better to sleep' is pretty fucking dark in the context of twd.

Yaya67 posted: »

"Better to sleep" - Seeing a shadow going to the city at the horizon (probably Clementine ?) I'm wondering how the season 2 ends in their

• edited August 2017

Oh, so that's why! I just assumed it was for marketing purposes originally, but gradually realized there had to be another reason.

Same as with this

I just had a hard time figuring out something besides the whole "Pizza or Ice Cream" thing.

Oh my god, hold up, hold up, hold up so... Alvin was supposed to have another scene with Clementine at the end of the first episode wh

• No, Clementine spared Lee. There's a difference.

Melton23 posted: »

What about lee? My clem killed lee

• By shooting him in the head while he was still alive? Pretty sure that still counts as killing somebody, even if it was euthanasia :|

No, Clementine spared Lee. There's a difference.

• By shooting him in the head while he was still alive? Pretty sure that still counts as killing somebody, even if it was euthanasia :|

No, Clementine spared Lee. There's a difference.

• There's a difference between Mercy and "Survivalism" is what I'm saying.

By shooting him in the head while he was still alive? Pretty sure that still counts as killing somebody, even if it was euthanasia

• edited August 2017

| By shooting him in the head while he was still alive?

Well, if you choose to leave Lee, he'll turn to walker. But if you shoot him, you can see Lee close his eyes that I think he's already dead and just wait a time to turn.

P/S: My English is bad. Sorry...

By shooting him in the head while he was still alive? Pretty sure that still counts as killing somebody, even if it was euthanasia

• Shaundi

Enough.

LeeClemKen posted: »

She has the same tatto of shaundi from Saints Row

• Oh my god.

Would also explain why they're missing from the cabin when Clem gets back but they retconned it by saying that they both left to find Clem/Nick/Pete.

• I think he closed his eyes so he doesn't have to see himself die and that he doesn't die with his eyes wide open

Zack040 posted: »

| By shooting him in the head while he was still alive? Well, if you choose to leave Lee, he'll turn to walker. But if you sho

• So Kenny was originally supossed to be the bad guy?

Here's some stuff off the top of my head: Season 1 * Doug was supposed to help Lee trap B(his brother) under the telephone pole, rat

• If that's could still happen then determinantly Arvo could be the only one to live.

• Yep. Not sure if that was truly in Sean Vanaman's original original plans, but that's what Gavin Hammon was told when they first contacted him about potentially doing a Season 2.

So Kenny was originally supossed to be the bad guy?

• edited August 2017

That will explain a lot why Carver looks strangely interested by Clementine and we even have a complete sequence to talk seriously with him in private in his office in ep3.

Well, could be still a good remix of the "Negan/Carl" moment in the comics of course but if originally this was supposed to be Kenny at his position, well... Makes sense !

So, that means I guess it was really Troy who comes to the cabin in the first place and not "Carver" if this one was supposed to be Kenny, right ? Because we can see clearly Troy's model in the front door's cabin in the "next time on the walking dead" at the end of episode 1.

And when I'm thinking about, but... Just another theory. Could be the "I thought you were dead" means that it wasn't Kenny here but... Christa instead ?! If yes, this would be one of the major changes scenario ever between two episodes, for real... xD

Yep. Not sure if that was truly in Sean Vanaman's original original plans, but that's what Gavin Hammon was told when they first contacted him about potentially doing a Season 2.

• That will explain a lot why Carver looks strangely interested by Clementine and we even have a complete sequence to talk seriously with him in private in his office in ep3.

Most likely.

Well, could be still a good remix of the "Negan/Carl" moment in the comics of course but if originally this was supposed to be Kenny at his position, well... Makes sense !

I don't read the comics, so no comment.

So, that means I guess it was really Troy who comes to the cabin in the first place and not "Carver" if this one was supposed to be Kenny, right ? Because we can see clearly Troy's model in the front door's cabin in the "next time on the walking dead" at the end of episode 1.

Actually, that's because Troy was Carver in earlier rewrites. They decided to make Carver an original character and thus created Troy, which may explain why he somewhat resembles an Evil!Luke/Nick. However, that too changed when Micheal Madsen was cast and his voice didn't fit the model, so they made two more model's to get the "Bill" we know. Troy was simply kept around because he was already implemented into the game, with his appearance in the Next Time segment and on the A House Divided's title card by the result of that. It's also very likely that his original characterization for In Harm's Way was to be a mythology gag before they did a lot of cutting.

And when I'm thinking about, but... Just another theory. Could be the "I thought you were dead" means that it wasn't Kenny here but... Christa instead ?! If yes, this would be one of the major changes scenario ever between two episodes, for real... xD

Actually, considering how much changed between Vanaman's plans, Nick Breckon's inheritance, and the final product(which saw influence from Pierre Shorette, the executives, and who knows who else), that's most likely something they added in when they decided to bring Kenny back the way they did before All That Remains was released. I also recall reading in an older thread that Kenny and/or Sarita's names were already in that episode's data files, further supporting that notion.

Yaya67 posted: »

That will explain a lot why Carver looks strangely interested by Clementine and we even have a complete sequence to talk seriously with him

• edited August 2017

Ah! Well, that's better...but he still looks goofy.:lol:

Hell, is that even the same model in the screenshots? Cause I remember you saying there's another model in the files besides this one and the final product.

Deltino posted: »

As most people can probably tell, that old Carver model was unfinished in some capacity. That, or the way they set up the texture mapping ju

• edited August 2017

Okay, just gonna post fun facts from the Telltale Stream's enter link description hereplaythrough of Season 2 last December here if I haven't already. Note: You need a google/youtube account to view videos, for some reason.

• Pete was supposed to make it back to the Cabin with(or without?) Clementine's help and she (and Sarah?) would have to look after him while conflicted on keeping the bite a secret. He would end up doing so himself and stay behind as a distraction to allow the group to escape when the then still unseen Carver's Search Party comes.

• Can't tell if this is just an inside joke or not, but there was apparently gonna be a "Bummer-dad" at Howe's who failed to kill himself after losing his family.

• A sequence at the end of In Harm's Way that involved Clementine and Luke escaping through the woods during a blizzard when a bear shows up and starts killing walkers.As silly and out of nowhere as it sounds(though not as much as a fuckin TIGER), it would've been a crazy awesome way for those two to bond again without Kenny or Jane to distract from the moment. Granted, they seemed a bit forgetful about whether it Kenny or Luke, but they mentioned him last and I think would be more appropriate if it was him. I wonder if this would've also involved them chasing after Sarah with Nick as well.

• The Trailer Park was originally a site where the survivors fought against attacking raiders, hence why there were so many inside the area.

• Arvo really was gonna be in trouble with Buricko and Vitali for trying to stash the medicine and originally would've came running out of the woods when the Howe's Ski Cabin Group happened by. Also, his similarities to Sarah might've been even more overt/intentional since he was originally gonna be Spanish but was changed to Russian for the sake of making the situation as tense and ambiguous as possible. ...Which would explain Kenny's hilariously racist on two accounts comment.

• enter image description here

Grace Garcia.

• They need to unmaster ANF, and make Season 4 like seasons 1/2. Let put it in a huge bundle :O

I'm quoting this for truth.

and :lol: at "unmaster"

Marsh16194 posted: »

They need to unmaster ANF, and make Season 4 like seasons 1/2. Let put it in a huge bundle :O

• Hm. I was going to say one of Jane's lines there about Kenny keeping women under his thumb makes her sound kind of man-hating, but then again she did Luke.
    So it probably means she had daddy issues. Or parental/control something-something issues.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

* According to Troy's VA, Troy' behavior in earlier versions was much worse. He was apparently molesting Jane. * The episode slide for In H

• Clem's face and arm proportions always seem messed up to me in this pic, for some reason.

• Oh my goodness, really?!

Louche posted: »

Hm. I was going to say one of Jane's lines there about Kenny keeping women under his thumb makes her sound kind of man-hating, but then again she did Luke. So it probably means she had daddy issues. Or parental/control something-something issues.

• Mark would then be left behind in the escape from the Motor Inn in the next episode.

Whoa what? This was going to happen? But i thought of that idea myself in that thread i made last year! I had never read that this was an unused idea about Mark. Wow talk about a BIG coincidence! Seriously!

Here's some stuff off the top of my head: Season 1 * Doug was supposed to help Lee trap B(his brother) under the telephone pole, rat

• I forget exactly where I heard that, but yeah, it was apparently gonna be a thing.

Which is interestingly considering Lilly was also gonna be left behind at one point.

dan290786 posted: »

Mark would then be left behind in the escape from the Motor Inn in the next episode. Whoa what? This was going to happen? But i thou

• My guess is Clementine would have been trapped with Luke in the moonshine still instead of Nick.

• I'm sensing a little sarcasm here. :no_mouth:

Oh my goodness, really?!

• And Alvin, as it apparently was truly coded as another two-way choice with two people on each side according to Graysonn's videos.

But yeah, that sounds about right.

Bonbomb posted: »

My guess is Clementine would have been trapped with Luke in the moonshine still instead of Nick.

• Admittedly, I can see why you'd say that. But for real though, there's an unused line to that effect?

I'm sensing a little sarcasm here.

• Hope it's okay if I bump this.

Credit to @Megami_Kizukanai

• yeah one little line and I feel like I get Jane a lot more now. Funny, that.

Admittedly, I can see why you'd say that. But for real though, there's an unused line to that effect?

• How exactly does the line go and/or what episode was it gonna be in?

yeah one little line and I feel like I get Jane a lot more now. Funny, that.

• edited February 2018

I heard that in season 1 episode 5 Lee was originaly going to have hallucinations of the people who he had failed to save such as Carley/Doug during all of the times when he passes out.

• That would explain the apparently shortly length.

That does sound like a great idea, though.

Veeeee posted: »

I heard that in season 1 episode 5 Lee was originaly going to have hallucinations of the people who he had failed to save such as Carley/Doug during all of the times when he passes out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.