Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited March 2018

Oh yeah, I remember that game. You're talking about Walking Dead New Frontier in which Clem can kiss Gabe like there is no tomorrow and now in the last TWD game we'll discover if Clem got pregnant from Gabe and if she will pull out a Christa or a Jane.

I wouldn't mind a romance with Avesta if is a sweet and pure as Clem x Gabe.

Poogers555 posted: »

Every time Telltale has done romance it always is more one sided. If theres an Avesta option expect it to be near the end of the game and on

• WRONG GAME

PLEASE DELETE THIS POST

Kaelthas posted: »

Oh yeah, I remember that game. You're talking about Walking Dead New Frontier in which Clem can kiss Gabe like there is no tomorrow and now

• That would be a good ending, Avesta seems to be the missing piece to making Bruce whole.

• Which game are you referring to? Walking Dead A New Frontier in episode 1 & 2 I remember Elanor being an option instead of Kate was heavily hinted at but it was like they gave up with it never being mentioned again. Then they randomly turned Elanor into a douchey character.

Every time Telltale has done romance it always is more one sided. If theres an Avesta option expect it to be near the end of the game and on

• edited March 2018

He was talking about Tales From The Borderlands and the RHYIONA CANON ROMANCE

Which game are you referring to? Walking Dead A New Frontier in episode 1 & 2 I remember Elanor being an option instead of Kate was heav

• AMEN BROTHER

iFoRias posted: »

He was talking about Tales From The Borderlands and the RHYIONA CANON ROMANCE

• edited March 2018

Strwar3 you need to accept Selina Kyle's light into your heart. She is the one true love interest for Bruce and has been for just about 75 years.

Time to let go. Consider yourself lucky if Avesta still exists by season's end.

strwar3 posted: »

Yeah I would like that too the most. I feel a ending like that is a nod from Telltale to those who haven't a romance with Catwoman happen in ep3 in The Enemy Within. I would hope that happens,but who knows? Fingers Crossed.

• Selina isn't the only love interest

Strwar3 you need to accept Selina Kyle's light into your heart. She is the one true love interest for Bruce and has been for just about 75 years. Time to let go. Consider yourself lucky if Avesta still exists by season's end.

• She is the best and most consistent by some distance. There can be no argument there.
    In the mainstream comic continuity they are about to tie the knot.

Selina is Bruce's bae let's just get that fact straight. Ain't my Bruce gonna cheat on Selina no matter what.

Avesta is nice and all but for the umpteen time she is not a love interest in the game.

Zjaa6 posted: »

Selina isn't the only love interest

• edited March 2018

Don't forget Bruce's other true love interests including:
    Wonder Woman
    Zatanna Zatara
    Talia al Ghul
    Jaina Hudson (White Rabbit)
    eh screw it there are too many for me to list lol: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bruce_Wayne's_Love_Interests
    Funny though Vickie Vale is even one of his love interests in several adaptions.

Strwar3 you need to accept Selina Kyle's light into your heart. She is the one true love interest for Bruce and has been for just about 75 years. Time to let go. Consider yourself lucky if Avesta still exists by season's end.

• Hey, I've been reading comics for a very long while. I'm keenly aware of Bruce's love interests hence my previous comment on Selina Kyle being by far the numero uno.

Don't forget Bruce's other true love interests including: Wonder Woman Zatanna Zatara Talia al Ghul Jaina Hudson (White Rabbit) eh

• hmm debatable...

Hey, I've been reading comics for a very long while. I'm keenly aware of Bruce's love interests hence my previous comment on Selina Kyle being by far the numero uno.

• If Selina and Avesta both die atleast we can all agree on Alfred, right fellas?

• Nah man, Frank's where it's at.

If Selina and Avesta both die atleast we can all agree on Alfred, right fellas?

• The interest is definitely there, at least from Avesta's POV. But isn't she dating/married to the one agent who is determinedly killed? I see her "love interest" as more of a flirty thing than an actual love interest.

• I thought Blake and her where just friends?

If not then I know who I am letting die in my official playthrough.

gta3demon posted: »

The interest is definitely there, at least from Avesta's POV. But isn't she dating/married to the one agent who is determinedly killed? I see her "love interest" as more of a flirty thing than an actual love interest.

• Finally some sense in this thread.

Pipas posted: »

Nah man, Frank's where it's at.

• edited March 2018

The only comment that I can think of that gives the implication that Avesta is in a relationship with Blake would be when Avesta introduces Batman to Blake in episode 1 and she refers to him as her "partner" but this may just mean that they are often paired together in their work rather than them being together in that sense.

gta3demon posted: »

The interest is definitely there, at least from Avesta's POV. But isn't she dating/married to the one agent who is determinedly killed? I see her "love interest" as more of a flirty thing than an actual love interest.

• A true master of the ships would of eliminated him months ago in the first episode like I did.

"You are on this thread @Kaelthas but we do not grant you the rank of master."

I thought Blake and her where just friends? If not then I know who I am letting die in my official playthrough.

• All Avesta's actions can be fairly taken just as actions coming from her attitude of a nice person in general. She admires Batman but (in oposition to what the few people supporting Avesta's relationship here over and over again seem to think) it does not mean at all that she wants to sleep with him or spend with him the rest of their lives...

If being nice to other people automatically means romantic interest, then I probably should consider being more grumpy on everyday basis...

• I don't know. Her "So there'll be a next time." line sounded pretty flirty.

Gartives posted: »

All Avesta's actions can be fairly taken just as actions coming from her attitude of a nice person in general. She admires Batman but (in op

• Also if she's not deaf she calls us Handsome ♥

AnimalBoy posted: »

I don't know. Her "So there'll be a next time." line sounded pretty flirty.

• edited March 2018

I do not think this is enough to indicate any possible romantic relationship, maybe she wants to work with him in a longer term and is suprised that he was taking this into consideration as well? She did not tell that after the romantic dinner or walk in the park, she said it after the car ride, this may be a friendly line as well.

It does not mean that in any future episodes she will not develop any feelings towards Bruce - maybe she will, but as for now I do not see there more than them being colleagues. And I actualy voiced it a few times before, but even if Avesta would fell for Bruce later on, I do not think they would fit as a couple.

• She represents to many an opportunity for Bruce to be in a stable relationship instead of a will they/won't they relationship with Selina.

• Selina and Bruce ARE in a relationship. They have crossed that line in episode 3 if you chose. It's clear this is a serious relationship not just a flirt like season one.

Good on Telltale for breaking that status quo, like Tom King did the with comics.

She represents to many an opportunity for Bruce to be in a stable relationship instead of a will they/won't they relationship with Selina.

• edited March 2018

Yeah she really wants to ride in the Batmobile(until you tell her based on you saying you are riding in the Batmobile) and I mean come on that sounded more in tune of a romance than just her being nice. And I understand some people want Selina? OK that's your choice, but we haven't seen or played the episode 5 yet,so anything could happen.

BTW? Bruvesta is the best!

• edited March 2018

And do you honestly think that a standard, stable relationship which would work well for most of the people is something that Bruce is really after? He is not a regular guy... he does not need a regular woman to be in a regular relationship with... He needs someone who would keep up with his way of living, someone who would be exactly his equal on all the levels.

You say that Bruce and Selina have the will they/won't they relationship - first of all, as @BruceBrothers already mentioned that they can be in a real relationship if only Bruce is up for it, secondly - I belive Selina was kind of right when during her first fight with Batman in season 1 she said that the struggle is what he is after... So she runs and he goes after her, then she let's him catch her just to run again later on... Batman may be complaining about that, but the truth is that this challenge which she presented is what got his attention, generated tension and brought them finally together in s2e3.

Maybe some day Bruce will put the cowl and cape aside, maybe he would settle down and maybe even he would start a family, but he still will be The Batman (even if retired), this is not something what he can just switch off, it is already set in his personality. And I am pretty much sure, that Selina is the only woman who can stand as an equal to him, she may be that challenge for him even if they would settle down and not be Batman and Catwoman anymore. She is his perfect match... But I guess people who do not see it now, will not admit it even if it would be some day explicitly said in the game. After all everyone of us can interpret these characters differently.

She represents to many an opportunity for Bruce to be in a stable relationship instead of a will they/won't they relationship with Selina.

• I don't know why we're arguing on this thread honestly...? If you don't want Bruce to be with Avesta or don't think it will ever happen in episode five, you don't have to come to this thread. You can stay clear of it, ignore it, and happily focus on Selina/Bruce instead.

There's lots of different threads to discuss Selina in instead, so... just saying. :)

edited March 2018

Hey, the thread is not for mindless Avesta fanboys like us who spend every single day thinking about her. People can come to disagree too, after all the title is "Will Iman and Bruce have some potential romance?".

People can say no and tell why. Of course that they can also handle how we throw rocks at them for being mean to our waifu.

I don't know why we're arguing on this thread honestly...? If you don't want Bruce to be with Avesta or don't think it will ever happen in e

• Yeah she really wants to ride in the Batmobile(until you tell her based on you saying you are riding in the Batmobile) and I mean come on that sounded more in tune of a romance than just her being nice.

I am sorry, I can't help it and have to say it... From this description it sounds like they would both be a 15yo and he would take his daddy's car to take his school girlfriend for a ride. Are we really discussing this as an argument advocating for the romance of two adult people?

But sure, everyone can support any character they want (even if it is not basing on in-game events but on a 'headcanon').

strwar3 posted: »

Yeah she really wants to ride in the Batmobile(until you tell her based on you saying you are riding in the Batmobile) and I mean come on th

• edited March 2018

The thing is, I am visiting this thread as an open minded player who just wants to read opinions of others and state my own. Is this forbidden here now? I thought this is what the forums and this community are here for ;)

What's more, my pro-Selina post was a response on post of another user who just stated that Avesta is better than her, so I provided my arguments against this point of view. I belive this is how a civilized discussions should work. Everyone can have different opinion and we are discussing them, aren't we?

I am really curious of how people are able to see a romance between Bruce and Avesta in this game, when as for now I do not see any... I am still waiting for any REAL argument which would support Avesta's ship. As for now, I do not see any, that's all ;)

I don't know why we're arguing on this thread honestly...? If you don't want Bruce to be with Avesta or don't think it will ever happen in e

edited March 2018

Now now, is all fun and games until someone says my ship is just a "headcanon".

I understand you don't see the appeal because you clearly FEEL THREATENED by Avesta presence, you think more people will like her than they like Selina, you also know Selina will end up leaving you, like she always does, while Avesta seems sweet and caring and would never just use "Bruce" to steal a key.

We have plenty of reason to believe in an Avesta x Bruce romance, Avesta is clearly obsessed with Bruce, she holds him as an idol, she's Batman's fangirl, she clearly made her research both about Bruce and Batman before even meeting them. We fight at her side and we see she's a good person. We have moments in which she shows she cares about our character, and our Bruce can clearly care too, you can hug her when she founds out she's deaf, apologize for that whole situation, be understanding to her, etc etc.

Also, we're not stealing our best friends girlfriend while shipping them, UNLIKE SOME OTHERRSSS.

Yeah she really wants to ride in the Batmobile(until you tell her based on you saying you are riding in the Batmobile) and I mean come on th

• Isn’t Avesta like 10 years older than Bruce

• edited March 2018

Ah I see... I thought the "headcanoned relationship" was better term than "made up relationship" or "non existent relationship". But you have a point... It can be easily solved though, if you can headcanon another name for this headcanoned relationship :smiley:

And Selina will not leave me... if she will leave, she will leave Bruce (or Batman, or both)...

You see, I idolize Selina because I am a woman who [this is a secret] has a secret crush on both Bruce and Batman [end of a secret], so I am admiring Selina's style and way of dealing with him B)

Unfortunatelly I have a fear of hights, so ban on rooftop dating outs me from the competition....

Now now, is all fun and games until someone says my ship is just a "headcanon". I understand you don't see the appeal because you clearly

• I actually see the similarities between you and Catwoman, you both will end up with 40 cats and Bruce will leave your asses for Avesta, WHO TRULY LOVES BATMAN.

Ah I see... I thought the "headcanoned relationship" was better term than "made up relationship" or "non existent relationship". But you hav

• Oh now, this response of yours 'sounds' a little desperate, don't you think so Mr @Kaelthas?

I do not think that there will be any competition between Catwoman and Avesta, because Selina has won it before it even started (have you overlooked that by some accident? ;)).

I actually see the similarities between you and Catwoman, you both will end up with 40 cats and Bruce will leave your asses for Avesta, WHO TRULY LOVES BATMAN.

• edited March 2018

It's probably a very good time to mention this : Frank SHIPS SELINA AND BRUCE.

For real guys, for real. In season 1 ep2 Frank can say something along the lines of "I've a girl to introduce you to" and then Selina appears.

I'm not even joking.

DAMN I found it :
    "If you are looking for a girl to pick up"...And then Selina appears on screen.

That's it everyone, lay down your arms the battle is now over our Lord Frank speaketh Selina and Bruce are the one true ship.
    Bow low.

• edited March 2018

It's over guys Selina and Bruce is CANON sorry Avesta :(

It's probably a very good time to mention this : Frank SHIPS SELINA AND BRUCE. For real guys, for real. In season 1 ep2 Frank can say som

• Frank's the best wingman confirmed. Just met the guy and already hooking him up.

It's probably a very good time to mention this : Frank SHIPS SELINA AND BRUCE. For real guys, for real. In season 1 ep2 Frank can say som

• So it is sealed then. I'm sorry Avesta fans, but now with Frank's blessing nothing can stop Bruce and Selina from forming one and only valid relationship.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.